Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool

Read 75765 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool
      Apr 26, 2012 03:54:40 pm
      LFC to star in TV world first
      Liverpool FC is set to become the first football club in the world to give fans a truly unique insight into what goes on behind the scenes with the announcement today that it has teamed up with FOX Soccer to participate in a groundbreaking new documentary series.

As part of the project, which begins filming in May, Liverpool will open its doors for unprecedented insider access, as FOX Soccer and LFC partner to bring viewers a six-episode documentary entitled, 'Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone'.

This original series, a first for any broadcaster in the world of football, is being produced by FOX Soccer and will provide over 100 million viewers a groundbreaking look at one of sport's most historic clubs in the world's most watched football league.

"This is going to be a truly remarkable series for every football fan on earth, watching the inner workings of one of the world's truly great clubs, and seeing things no one outside the inner sanctum has seen or experienced before," insists FOX Sports Media Group Chairman and CEO David Hill.  "Liverpool FC is cherished by its community and hundreds of millions of fans worldwide. Working with a team so unique, and wrapped in so much history, is a natural fit for a project of this magnitude and uniqueness."

"I am delighted that David Hill, David Nathanson and the team at Fox are producing this unique series," enthused Club Chairman Tom Werner. "I expect that it will be compelling programming as Liverpool will provide unprecedented access. This will be an amazing opportunity for our fans to see a new side of the Club and for us to reach out to many more potential supporters around the world who will come to understand what makes Liverpool FC so special."

Working directly with Liverpool's ownership and management, FOX Soccer has gained exclusive and unprecedented access to one of the most influential clubs in global sport - including taking cameras inside the Anfield and Melwood dressing rooms to show fans the players and manager at work. 'Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone' will begin deep inside the club at the tail end of the 2011-2012 campaign, a rollercoaster season that could end with the club adding an eighth FA Cup trophy at Wembley in May to the eighth League Cup that was won at the same venue in February.

Episodes continue through the club's July tour of North America, with FOX Soccer's production crew following the team on and off the field as Liverpool prepare for the new Barclays Premier League season and contest the first few matches of its 2012-2013 campaign. Throughout this journey, Liverpool's unique traditions will be highlighted, along with the club's unparalleled history, and its heartfelt place in the fabric of the local community.

"Anyone who supports, plays for, or works at this football club knows how unique and special it is and how much it means to so many," claims Liverpool Managing Director Ian Ayre. "This project creates a fantastic opportunity to allow people across the world to have a glimpse of the inner workings of the club following the lives of our staff, our players and our fans, all of whom make up everything that is Liverpool Football Club."

The series will be led by multiple Emmy award-winning producer Scott Boggins (formerly of HBO's groundbreaking '24/7' series) and is set to air globally in autumn 2012. Boggins' expertise from his time at HBO will add a unique aesthetic to 'Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone'. Through five seasons, HBO's '24/7' has earned 33 Emmy nominations, winning 14 times. Boggins' most recent work includes around-the-clock access to boxing title bouts including Floyd Mayweather and Victor Ortiz (2011) and Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton (2009). Boggins was also responsible for the '24/7' coverage of the National Hockey League's Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins clash in the build-up to the 2011 NHL Winter Classic. His portfolio also includes '24/7' work centred upon NASCAR driver and legend Jimmie Johnson and additional boxing projects featuring Joe Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jr.

"Our goal is to capture the essence of what it means to be a part of Liverpool Football Club in an authentic manner, and no producer has more experience with this style of story-telling than Scott Boggins," believes FOX Soccer General Manager David Nathanson. "Scott's body of work is remarkable, giving fans a true peak behind the curtain into the lives of sport's biggest teams, athletes and coaches. Scott has proven his ability to capture these inner workings in a truly organic manner, and now he has the opportunity to tell Liverpool FC's rich story to a global audience."
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-to-star-in-tv-world-first
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012 11:40:34 am by JD »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: LFC plus TV
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2012 04:21:07 pm
      Not sure if this is good or not.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2012 04:31:06 pm
      Kennys not going anywhere then:

Working directly with Liverpool's ownership and management, FOX Soccer has gained exclusive and unprecedented access to one of the most influential clubs in global sport - including taking cameras inside the Anfield and Melwood dressing rooms to show fans the players and manager at work.

I can't see them getting shut of Kenny and then making a documentary with no manager, instead of making LFC look like a family it'd make us look like a farce.

Personally I can't see how it'll be a bad thing, it'll be edited to show the best side of the club and increase revenue. It's all about the cash nowadays.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2012 04:36:51 pm
      Not sure if this is good or not.

What it is, is Money.

Seems to be lots of it coming in, Sponsorship, Kit, now this. The question is, will it be spent, and on what. Players, Ground, Interest?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2012 04:49:34 pm
      Hmmm should be interesting. Will definitely be taping this. The guy producing this is highly thought of for his sports documentaries. I hope there's a lot of Pepe in it hahahaha
      Jag-Man
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2012 05:28:37 pm
      What it is, is Money.

Seems to be lots of it coming in, Sponsorship, Kit, now this. The question is, will it be spent, and on what. Players, Ground, Interest?

It has to be spent on getting LFC back to the top. other wise all the hard work is for nothing, so bring it on.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2012 05:42:37 pm
      Tony Barret had a thing going on Twitter earlier asking for suggestions of what it might be titled and he'd retweet the best ones. Some funny ones mentioned. Two Trophies and a Mid Table Finish and Desperate Scousdives had me laughing. I Can't Believe What You Did Last Summer was probably my favourite.

I don't like the idea of it myself but then you have to accept it's all about the money these days and if you don't like it, tough!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2012 06:42:07 pm
      Looks to me like a clone of HBO's Inside the huddle. Looking forward to this as a supporter not living in the area.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2012 07:48:29 pm
      Cant wait to watch it - just hope it's no a shower of sh*te and becomes a joke! If it's like the QPR one then we will be ripped to shreads...

I am hoping it will be well made (like most American TV) and show LFC in the best possiable light. If it does that then it's money in the bank, more fans and a bigger profile.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2012 07:50:43 pm
      Probably won't watch it just cos murdoch owns fox.

I can't stand the c**t.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Apr 26, 2012 08:47:37 pm
      Looks to me like a clone of HBO's Inside the huddle. Looking forward to this as a supporter not living in the area.

Hard Knocks? Fantastic show.

I can't stand the c**t.

Wish I could say the same, but there really is no other avenue to watch games here, sadly :(
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #11: Apr 26, 2012 08:53:32 pm
      graham taylor disaster anyone, england manager turned turnip
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12: Apr 26, 2012 09:12:31 pm
      Hard Knocks? Fantastic show.

Wish I could say the same, but there really is no other avenue to watch games here, sadly :(

Yeah Kev "Hard Knocks" is what I was thinking of....looking forward to seeing this.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13: Apr 26, 2012 09:25:51 pm

I have nothing against streaming, cos that takes money out of the fuckers pocket ;)

But if you have to have fox to watch the games then fair enough, have to watch the lads somehow :)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Apr 26, 2012 11:19:42 pm
      All thought of doing things behind closed doors aside, I think it's win win this.

We get to have a rare look at what goes on in our club, we increase our profile in America and (I assume) it brings us a few more quid in.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Apr 27, 2012 12:25:27 am
      Great idea to increase revenue, well done whoever put the deal in place.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16: Apr 27, 2012 12:27:41 am
      Great, we have the FOX Channel down here so hoping we get to see it.
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 27, 2012 12:50:41 am
      genius idea, increase revenue and fan base.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #18: Apr 27, 2012 12:59:56 am
      I was just saying how cool it would be if there was HBO style 24/7 for a Liverpool United cup match or something but this should be pretty interesting.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19: Apr 27, 2012 01:34:34 am

I can't stand the c**t.

Newscorp owns the majority of Sky right? And The Times? etc. He's everywhere.

As for it being shown on Fox Soccer, no issue whatsoever. Fox =/= Fox News =/= Fox Sports/Fox Soccer. Same branding, but different operations.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #20: Apr 27, 2012 01:45:20 am
      To clarify, Scott Boggins is the creator of the LFC show. He did not have anything to do with Hard Knocks. Boggins does the 24/7 shows for HBO. Below are highlights of some of his shows. If Liverpool's show is of this quality, we will win new supporters all over the world. Imagine storylines about YNWA, the 96, Dalglish, Gerrard, etc. I think it will be fantastic.

24/7 Pacquiao Cotto: Heritage (HBO)
      24/7 Penguins Capitals: Scars & Sacrifice (HBO)
      24/7 Jimmie Johnson Race To Daytona: In The Pit With Knaus & Crew (HBO)
      Calzaghe Jones 24/7 Wales: Webisode 1 (HBO)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #21: Apr 27, 2012 02:38:34 pm
      For those mentioning the parallel to Hard Knocks...that's not a good thing. Teams that have been on Hard Knocks typically have not had good seasons at all. Too much distraction.

Don't think this is a good thing at all.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #22: Apr 27, 2012 03:04:28 pm
      Hopefully it will be a good thing and not to much of a distraction for the lads, and more so, lets hope when they realease the box set it can be titled : Our Liverpool- How we won the treble :D
      As long as one of them is true I'll be happy.

Quick Reply