Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool

Read 75364 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: LFC plus TV
      Reply #23: Apr 27, 2012 03:07:41 pm
      For those mentioning the parallel to Hard Knocks...that's not a good thing. Teams that have been on Hard Knocks typically have not had good seasons at all. Too much distraction.

Don't think this is a good thing at all.

The past three series of "Hard Knocks" were the Jets (fat ass loud mouth Rex Ryan), Bengals (half the county jail on the roster), and Cowboys (Jerry Jones, 'nuff said). Those are all disastrous operations to begin with haha so no surprise their seasons didn't pan out ;D.

Besides, Scott Boggins did "24/7" not "Hard Knocks," so it would probably be more like the former and not the latter. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24: Apr 27, 2012 03:20:58 pm
      The past three series of "Hard Knocks" were the Jets (fat ass loud mouth Rex Ryan), Bengals (half the county jail on the roster), and Cowboys (Jerry Jones, 'nuff said). Those are all disastrous operations to begin with haha so no surprise their seasons didn't pan out ;D.

Besides, Scott Boggins did "24/7" not "Hard Knocks," so it would probably be more like the former and not the latter. 

No need to cut on my Cowboys. Those are fightin' words. :D

But yea you do make a valid point. Still...I think anything that could create a distraction from the business of playing football could be potentially bad.

I can't imagine KK would be in love with this idea.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #25: Apr 27, 2012 04:07:09 pm
      If you read the press release they're only filming for the last few matches of this Premier League season, the North American friendlies and the first few matches of 12/13 season. Not really too worried about it being too much of a distraction.

They might not even let the cameras into the dressing room during competitive matches, only the friendlies.

lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #26: Apr 27, 2012 11:43:53 pm
      I actually disagree with this proposal.

The Liverpool Way was always to do everything in house, sort out our own problems in private without a watchful eye scouting upon us. I feel that letting cameras inside the whole internal structure of Liverpool so they can film a documentary, would totally be against the Liverpool Way of doing everything in house and away from prying eyes.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Apr 27, 2012 11:54:38 pm
      Happy to be wrong - but gut feeling this is going to be an unmitigated distaster.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28: Apr 27, 2012 11:56:25 pm
      Newscorp owns the majority of Sky right? And The Times? etc. He's everywhere.

As for it being shown on Fox Soccer, no issue whatsoever. Fox =/= Fox News =/= Fox Sports/Fox Soccer. Same branding, but different operations.

I don't have sky either bud.
      I have one of those dishes that revolves around and tunes into different satellites, so I'm in the lucky position of being able to pick and choose other channels.
      Foreign commentary but I don't mind that cos I usually turn it off anyway cos I like to listen to the crowd and watch the footy without listening to gobshites.

But if people have no other option, then do what you have to do to watch the match.
      My choice is mine alone and I am not condemning anyone who watches the murdoch channels, like I say do what you have to do to watch the match.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Apr 27, 2012 11:57:14 pm
      Happy to be wrong - but gut feeling this is going to be an unmitigated distaster.

Aye.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #30: Apr 28, 2012 12:01:28 am
      What it is, is Money.

Seems to be lots of it coming in, Sponsorship, Kit, now this. The question is, will it be spent, and on what. Players, Ground, Interest?
      It won"t be spent on a stadium anyway , i"m beginning to think they"re hungry cu*ts  , CL football is what they want" as do we " but the difference is we love the club ,they love the money.they never even heard of the club before they bought.
      They saw the deal of the century and all the merchandising that goes with it, no wonder the cowboys are still fighting for a slice. Yanks are greedy no doubt about that . the Honeymoon is over now .
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Apr 28, 2012 12:05:21 am
      Newscorp owns the majority of Sky right? And The Times? etc. He's everywhere.

As for it being shown on Fox Soccer, no issue whatsoever. Fox =/= Fox News =/= Fox Sports/Fox Soccer. Same branding, but different operations.

NewsCorp owns 39% of BskyB, they tried to buy the lot, but pulled out of the deal last year because of the phone hacking scandal. There has actually been new revelations recently about that deal with conjunction to Jemery Hunt in the Leveson inquiry. NewCorp also own Fox News.

News International owns the Times, S*n etc.

They're both under the same owner, Murdoch.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32: Apr 28, 2012 12:07:33 am
      NewsCorp owns 39% of BskyB, they tried to buy the lot, but pulled out of the deal last year because of the phone hacking scandal. There has actually been new revelations recently about that deal with conjunction to Jemery Hunt in the Leveson inquiry. NewCorp also own Fox News.

News International owns the Times, S*n etc.

They're both under the same owner, Murdoch.

Yeah, that why I won't buy his channels.
      To me they are all as bad cos that c**t owns them.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #33: Apr 28, 2012 12:14:03 am
      Yeah, that why I won't buy his channels.
      To me they are all as bad cos that c**t owns them.

I have never touched The S*n nor would I ever want to.

Also, I don't get the whole "Sky Sports generation fan". It isn't just Sky Sports, it is practically every Newspaper, nearly every journalists, most supposed footballing "experts" who say the same old modern day bullshit that gets inside naive fans.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Apr 28, 2012 12:19:00 am
      I imagine with it being made by Americans for an American audience, within the first five minutes the programme will mention the beatles.

Nailed on!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #35: Apr 28, 2012 12:26:04 am

Also, I don't get the whole "Sky Sports generation fan". It isn't just Sky Sports, it is practically every Newspaper, nearly every journalists, most supposed footballing "experts" who say the same old modern day bullshit that gets inside naive fans.

It's sky and the murdoch press that started all the sensationalist sh*te, the others just copied them when they saw that bullshit sold media.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #36: Apr 28, 2012 12:36:29 am

Yeah like stupid sayings like marquee signings, and if murdoch owns fox then why are the club letting them in , this is hypocrisy if true.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #37: Apr 28, 2012 12:39:28 am
      Oh, fair enough lads.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #38: Apr 28, 2012 12:45:18 am
      I imagine with it being made by Americans for an American audience, within the first five minutes the programme will mention the beatles.

Nailed on!
      Hopefully by the end they'll all be convinced that the Beatles aren't the most prestigious thing about the city ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Apr 28, 2012 12:51:19 am
      Hopefully by the end they'll all be convinced that the Beatles aren't the most prestigious thing about the city ;)

Yeah, everyone knows it's the Lobster Pot Chippy!!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #40: Apr 28, 2012 12:52:40 am
      Hopefully by the end they'll all be convinced that the Beatles aren't the most prestigious thing about the city
      I think we"re missing the point here, the club is allowing one of murdochs enterprises into the club to do a series , obviously the yanks gave the go ahead without consulting the club.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #41: Apr 28, 2012 12:56:49 am
      All i can say is i'm very curious i'l reserve my judgement.But those 24/7 programs were unbelievable i'd rather if they did the same format and maybe focused half on Liverpool and half on Chelsea and the build up and aftermath
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #42: Apr 28, 2012 01:00:24 am
      I think we"re missing the point here, the club is allowing one of murdochs enterprises into the club to do a series , obviously the yanks gave the go ahead without consulting the club.

You do know several of our high profile players over the last 20 years have had books serialised by the NOTW and been the choice of paper for players to do interviews in.

I know a lot of us fans saw it as the 'sunday s*n' but I'm not sure a lot of those in the club did. This documentary is nothing when compared to that!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #43: Apr 28, 2012 01:09:20 am
      You do know several of our high profile players over the last 20 years have had books serialised by the NOTW and been the choice of paper for players to do interviews in.

I know a lot of us fans saw it as the 'sunday s*n' but I'm not sure a lot of those in the club did. This documentary is nothing when compared to that!
      We can"t get away from them HR, there everywhere i know that, this time the clubs inviting them in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44: Apr 28, 2012 01:28:14 am
      We can"t get away from them HR, there everywhere i know that, this time the clubs inviting them in.

It's all about ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ or $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Take your pick!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #45: Apr 28, 2012 04:00:16 pm
      Yanks are greedy no doubt about that . the Honeymoon is over now .

A bit xenophobic there.  :gunhappyyank:

Nailed on!

Haha! To be fair though, when someone in the world hears "Liverpool," s/he thinks of The Beatles first, not LFC (no shame in that).

Yeah like stupid sayings like marquee signings, and if murdoch owns fox then why are the club letting them in , this is hypocrisy if true.

^ I keep seeing similar things being said everywhere. I don't think it's hypocritical. The club lets the Times cover them, doesn't object to Sky broadcast games, grants permission to Vinny in Kenny's press conferences ;D, allowed Sky to follow Gerrard around, etc. Just because Murdoch owns the S*n, doesn't mean every single other operation big and small that he owns is the same thing. It would be hypocritical if the club were letting the S*n do a mega center spread or something with tons of exclusives. 

Besides, Fox Soccer is actually pretty decent, considering the landscape of football in America. They aired our preseason games, actually, which I wasn't expecting. And, Scott Boggins has done great work on "24/7" and is pretty respected for his sports documentaries. With it being six parts, I have a hunch a good part will be the US/Canada tour, an episode on our supporters, a good part about our history, etc. I understand some of the reservations, but I think it will turn out well. I'm looking forward to it.
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012 04:31:02 pm by TheRedMosquito »

Quick Reply