Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool

Read 75653 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool
      Reply #575: Oct 15, 2012 10:02:21 pm
      Why is everybody so desperate for the next episode to come out, can't you just wait?

Then again, should I really be surprised at Liverpool fans having zero patience, considering the sh*t posted in other threads?  :f_whistle:

(Not on about you, StevieG123, I know you're after episode 4)

They are probably waiting on #5 for #4 to complete its global journey and bring in as much profit as it can; media sell/buy policy at best.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #576: Oct 15, 2012 10:40:20 pm
      Agree on Kirby's poetry opening each episode.
      Was great for the first episode but feel its filmed and edited poorly.
      Doesn't inspire or create mystery but actually slows down the momentum leading into each episode.
      Think the poems have a place but would rather them not as an opening piece shot in such a basic way.

I find it all very uncomfortable and cringy. Can't blame Kirby for it all though!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #577: Oct 16, 2012 09:42:57 am
      Being Liverpool ?

51st State was on last night .......  classic.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #578: Oct 16, 2012 10:07:48 am
      Why is everybody so desperate for the next episode to come out, can't you just wait?

Then again, should I really be surprised at Liverpool fans having zero patience, considering the sh*t posted in other threads?  :f_whistle:

I have #1 on my sky planner if anyone needs that...

I'll get round to watching it at some point I'm sure, just not had the inclination as yet.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #579: Oct 16, 2012 10:22:48 am

Just wait? If ever there was a "rules help control the fun" philosophy...
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #580: Oct 16, 2012 10:10:42 pm
      The one thing which i have really picked up on in this series is how, normal and grounded the players are. Like Carragher driving his son too practice and Gerrard just sitting around with his daughter. But more amazing is how they give back to kids. Like Jonjo going to that park and he was saying how he was those kids just a few years back. I didnt expect the normalcy. They just drive around town and go shopping or out to eat or go out to buy a new shirt or whatever...

I expected more of a classic "Footballer" life, seeing them out with models and buying Rolex's and Versace suits, more of the 'Spice Boys", 90's Liverpool like Fowler, McManaman, Redknapp, Owen etc.. I'm sure it exists and maybe they just dont let them film it but, its just weird and normal.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #581: Oct 17, 2012 03:54:29 am
      I find it all very uncomfortable and cringy. Can't blame Kirby for it all though!

I have to agree, the "cringeworthyness" people have said they've found in the show only occurs to me during the poems. Not a mark on Kirby, but just my thoughts. Just finished ep 4, enjoyed seeing Jonjo with the kids giving back, I do wonder if the 3 envelopes truly have names in them.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #582: Oct 17, 2012 06:09:31 am
      They just drive around town and go shopping or out to eat or go out to buy a new shirt or whatever...

Have you ever seen the photo of Semple meeting Suarez in Tesco? I just assumed that they would order stuff in or get someone else to do it, I didn't really expect to see Luis Suarez pushing a trolley around looking for something for tea  :laugh:

I have to agree, the "cringeworthyness" people have said they've found in the show only occurs to me during the poems. Not a mark on Kirby, but just my thoughts.

I don't find it "cringeworthy" but as an "out-of-towner", it does sometimes seem like half of Liverpool are either songwriters or poets so it was a bit of a  :roll:  moment when I heard his first couple. I must admit though, I thought the poem at the end of episode 4 was a particularly good one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #583: Oct 18, 2012 10:35:25 am
      I've watched all 4 and whilst its not been the car crash I feared I do feel as if I'm watching it through my hands at times. Brendan is incredibly tactile - thought he was gonna plant a slacker on Assaidi when he arrived at Melwood.

I'm sure it's doing what the owners intended in the States - it still makes me feel we're being pimped out.

My 9yr old likes it but thought Ian Ayre looked like "a daft auld tube" on his bike.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #584: Oct 18, 2012 02:03:55 pm
      Have you ever seen the photo of Semple meeting Suarez in Tesco? I just assumed that they would order stuff in or get someone else to do it, I didn't really expect to see Luis Suarez pushing a trolley around looking for something for tea  :laugh:

Thinking about it, if Luis was in at the same time as Semple, then Luis will have been in there for the days mark downs. What a cheap b***ard!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #585: Oct 18, 2012 02:32:26 pm

Thinking about it, if Luis was in at the same time as Semple, then Luis will have been in there for the days mark downs. What a cheap b***ard!

;D

Literally one of the best days of my life. I will not divulge in to what was in his trolley. Some...."issues" are best left not talking about. His wife, on the other hand, I could talk about her all day.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #586: Oct 18, 2012 03:08:01 pm
      Poems are good, but maybe the presentation takes too much of a focal point of the show?

I know it's done for dramatics but that would be the only thing I would really pick out of the show that's remotely cringeworthy. I think the rest has been pretty well done. Brendan sometimes seems a bit dramatic...but I think when things aren't in their full context it's hard to get the feel for that specific moment.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #587: Oct 18, 2012 07:33:13 pm
      ;D

Literally one of the best days of my life. I will not divulge in to what was in his trolley. Some...."issues" are best left not talking about. His wife, on the other hand, I could talk about her all day.
      Tesco brand richtea biscuits and a lb of butter  :)
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #588: Oct 19, 2012 08:40:14 pm
      Tesco brand richtea biscuits and a lb of butter  :)

I wish...it was a lot worse than that.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #589: Oct 19, 2012 08:43:06 pm
      I wish...it was a lot worse than that.

Defo laxatives.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #590: Oct 19, 2012 11:17:16 pm
      He does look slimmer alright. ;D
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #591: Oct 19, 2012 11:39:34 pm

ha!

And I'm pretty sure that the kitman said in tonight's episode that he often has to wash Luis' shorts twice, just to make sure. ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #592: Oct 20, 2012 10:14:30 am
      I don't find it "cringeworthy" but as an "out-of-towner", it does sometimes seem like half of Liverpool are either songwriters or poets

Beats having to work I suppose.  ;D
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #593: Oct 20, 2012 10:39:52 am
      Any links from the 5th episode?
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #594: Oct 20, 2012 10:50:55 am

;D

I sh*t you not, it mainly consisted of a box of tissues, toothpaste and...tampons.

Been looking everywhere myself Kate. Apparently as it was aired first in the UK this week, as opposed to first in the US every other episode, lazy British people have not put a link up yet. ;)

That said, it is available on 5onDemenad but use at your own peril. Maybe it is only me but I spent an hour and a half last night trying to get it working and couldn't. Then I was able to watch the first 15 minutes this morning. I am truly readsy to throw the odle laptop out the fecking window!!!

http://www.channel5.com/shows/being-liverpool/episodes/episode-5-373
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #595: Oct 20, 2012 11:05:24 am
      Cheers Semple will give it a go.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #596: Oct 22, 2012 11:10:27 am
      Dave Kirby is really cringy at times in this.

I have to agree.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #597: Oct 22, 2012 12:24:05 pm
      Thought episode 5 was a bit empty. Maybe saving their powder for the final episode? I got very twitchy when they talked about Shankly, but it was mainly harmless. Though Kirby dropped a bit of a bollock mentioning a bastion of invincibility then going on to say how 30 years later we became a "global brand", as if that was Shankly's aim.

Quick Reply