Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool

Read 75788 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool
      Reply #598: Oct 22, 2012 12:28:24 pm
      Just watched ep5 - really like the way BR seems to deal with the youngsters, loved his little chat with Jonjo.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #599: Oct 22, 2012 02:00:09 pm
      Did anyone else notice Brendan talking about playing Stevie on "one of the sides" while he was talking to Jonjo?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #600: Oct 22, 2012 02:03:02 pm
      Did anyone else notice Brendan talking about playing Stevie on "one of the sides" while he was talking to Jonjo?

Yep.

Something like 'Lucas sitting, Allen in front, Jonjo as number 10 and Stevie on one of the sides'.

Be interesting to see if he does it as it's the best fit for the team I feel.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #601: Oct 22, 2012 02:05:38 pm
      Gerrard as one of the front three ?

It doesn't work for me - wont give the width , doesn't have the same stamina and pace to go up and down all day. His best role is high up the pitch supporting through the middle. Get him there not sitting deep
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #602: Oct 22, 2012 02:12:20 pm

It doesn't work for me - wont give the width , doesn't have the same stamina and pace to go up and down all day. His best role is high up the pitch supporting through the middle. Get him there not sitting deep

he may not be part of a front 3, but it has been noticeable over the last few games that Gerrard has quite a free role. He pops up on the left and right wings, as well as through the centre.

As far as the series goes, I've quite enjoyed it so far.
      It's not great, but neither is it as bad as some thought it would be.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #603: Oct 22, 2012 02:15:16 pm

I think if he did play there he wouldn't be expected to get up and down the pitch like a traditional wide player, more like an inside forward with the full back providing the width and the holding midfielder ie Lucas filling in at the back.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #604: Oct 22, 2012 02:18:58 pm
      I think if he did play there he wouldn't be expected to get up and down the pitch like a traditional wide player, more like an inside forward with the full back providing the width and the holding midfielder ie Lucas filling in at the back.

IMO we should stick with Suso/Sterling/Assaidi etc for those wide areas - they are providing us with creativity, pace and width.

Gerrard IMO is getting close to no longer being the first name on the teamsheet and I certainly don't think he needs to be shoehorned into the team to get him on the pitch anymore.

He should be part of that midfield three but the highest one supporting the forwards. If Shelvey or Sahin do the job better than IMO Gerrard now can sit on the bench alongside Carra.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #605: Oct 22, 2012 02:25:21 pm

As far as the series goes, I've quite enjoyed it so far.
      It's not great, but neither is it as bad as some thought it would be.

I've not watched it yet, I will do, I have them all on my planner to catch up with..

I was critical of the idea of selling it to Channel 5, I don't see the point, the negligible amount they would have given us to show it wouldn't be worth it.. I understand the need to show something like this in the states... Far east... Etc, all places where new fans can be acquired but over here? Not needed, just fuels media/oppositions perception of us and gives them a stick to beat us with..

Over here you won't gain fans by a documentary, it's done by family or the kids social group... In my opinion it should over here only been shown on lfctv..

I will watch it, I love watching or reading anything to do with the club... Just don't think it needed "selling" at the little money they would have recieved to a channel over here.. That just makes it about money...
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #606: Oct 22, 2012 03:13:55 pm
      Yep.

Something like 'Lucas sitting, Allen in front, Jonjo as number 10 and Stevie on one of the sides'.

Be interesting to see if he does it as it's the best fit for the team I feel.

Definitely the best way to utilise him now, easily the most natural finisher at the club but puts pressure on Shelvey to create because Lucas and Allen will be running round putting out fires.

Mobility isnt really an issue because the front 3 are interchangeable and whatever full backs are in will have marauding responsibility to support
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #607: Oct 26, 2012 08:13:46 pm
      Just caught up with last weeks episode. Not as cringey as the week before!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #608: Oct 26, 2012 08:39:47 pm
      The poet guy is fine and all, but this twitter making fun of him is hilarious.

Dave Kirby ‏@DavePoetry
      Imagine a #BeingEverton though. Kenwright crying with nowhere to go. Busking in town, wearing a frown, all to sign a player we don't know.

Dave Kirby ‏@DavePoetry
      My name is Dave, poetry is all the rave. Ian Rush in tight shorts is what I crave. I wish he was my sex slave, he's sexual, big & brave.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #609: Oct 26, 2012 08:50:18 pm
      Its all happy clappy nonsense!

I dont want to know what Lucas has for breakfast or what car Stevie drives...just play your heart out in a Red shirt!

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #610: Oct 29, 2012 06:54:07 am
      Last episode: http://www.watchseriesus.com/2012/10/being-liverpool-season-1-episode-6-red.html
      Best one for me. Really glad that they managed to add the Hillsborough independent panel report in.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #611: Oct 29, 2012 12:19:08 pm
      Does anyone have a link from episode 5, still haven't watched it and the link that Semple gave me a page back doesn't work for me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #612: Oct 29, 2012 12:31:29 pm
      Does anyone have a link from episode 5, still haven't watched it and the link that Semple gave me a page back doesn't work for me.

Episode 5 :-http://www.mrworldpremiere.net/2012/10/being-liverpool-episode-5.html

Episode 6 :- http://hiphopmula.com/2012/10/being-liverpool-full-episode-6/
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #613: Oct 29, 2012 12:56:36 pm

Front 3 wouldn't be 'fixed'; as shown in the past few games where Sterling has popped up in the middle, Suarez drops habitually and Suso switches wings. Putting Gerrard in there would only improve our finishing ability and allow someone more energetic to come into the middle
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #614: Oct 29, 2012 01:12:41 pm
      Disappointed it's over! Really enjoyed the series.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #615: Nov 01, 2012 06:20:49 pm
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #616: Nov 01, 2012 06:58:46 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:  That one was brilliant! I really should get back watching their videos.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #617: Nov 01, 2012 07:21:41 pm
      brilliant..... but which ones were the spoofs?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #618: Nov 01, 2012 09:20:34 pm
      Just came in here to post that vid. Brilliant.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #619: Nov 03, 2012 08:40:53 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #620: Nov 04, 2012 12:49:44 am
      The first 20 seconds  :lmao:

"Singing songs, they were never a farce, especially that one about Posh Spice when she took it up the arse." F***ing Quality  ;D

Quick Reply