Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC documentary by Fox Soccer: Being Liverpool

Read 76383 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: LFC plus TV
      Reply #69: Jul 02, 2012 09:44:29 pm
      How this is such a terrible thing I have no clue. The idea of doing a series on the history/culture of the greatest club in the world is a good thing (if done correctly) as it will inform current supporters and perhaps bring in new ones.

How is this any different at all than a book on LFC or the DVD's they sell on the offal? How is this a bad thing if people from around the globe understand what JTF96 means?

This will be a great history lesson (for those of us supporters not from the area) as well as see what happens off-pitch during training and while traveling.

The club is sanctioning this, so chances are it will be pretty vanilla with a lot's of history mixed up with some current events. Once again as long as its done tastefully (which I fully expect), can't see how this hurts us one bit. As for Fox doing the production that is debatable, but in this country its either Fox or ESPN and FSC/FSC+ is pretty much the gold standard in coverage on this side of the pond.

"Our Liverpool" on FOX Soccer
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #70: Jul 02, 2012 10:03:23 pm
      My only real problem with this lies in the fact that those I've seen have never been successful before.  Barry Fry's one and of course Graham 'Do I Not Like Orange' Taylor, for example.

I can see some merit in showing it in other countries, as an educational-cum-marketing tool, in this country I can't see the worth.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2012 10:29:40 pm by Roddenberry »
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #71: Jul 02, 2012 10:22:48 pm
      The Yanks have been doing it for years with the NFL
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Knocks_(TV_series)
      Think I'm right in saying that none of the teams involved had a succesful season having been involved.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #72: Jul 02, 2012 11:24:12 pm
      The Yanks have been doing it for years with the NFL
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Knocks_(TV_series)
      Think I'm right in saying that none of the teams involved had a succesful season having been involved.

I think you will find a big difference between a "hard knocks" and and a true documentary which hard knocks was not. I think/believe that when this one is done it will be far more a "documentary" than "reality show" because the audience here in the states are LFC virgins.

And once again if you look at Werner's comments when this came out it is being made for a U.S./global audience not designed for UK consumption.

This will be an amazing opportunity for our fans to see a new side of the club and for us to reach out to many more potential supporters around the world who will come to understand what makes Liverpool FC so special.”

The show is expected to reach more than 100m viewers when aired in the autumn.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-communities/anfield-walton/anfield-walton-news/2012/04/27/liverpool-fc-sign-up-to-behind-the-scenes-tv-documentary-100252-30849844/#ixzz1zVTQiKUN

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #73: Jul 03, 2012 12:13:16 am
      Since when did the official site become .com from .tv?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #74: Jul 03, 2012 12:31:54 am
      Since when did the official site become .com from .tv?

6 weeks or so ago as they have been updating and improving (attempting to) the site.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #75: Jul 03, 2012 12:44:25 am
      Anyone remember a programme a few years back (just before Euro 2004) on BBC 2 which included the documentation of the ongoings of Weymouth being managed by Steve Claridge (player manager)? Also followed David James and him signing for Manchester City. It was actually alright largely because it wasn't specifically focused on one club even if it's large focus was on Weymouth who are tiny enough to be followed in that way.
      beswick83
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #76: Jul 04, 2012 09:08:11 am
      A lot goin on off the pitch, ie tv programme, commercial, recruitment. Let's hope we see the same type of progression in the squad and on the field were it counts.
      beswick83
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #77: Jul 04, 2012 09:39:15 am
      If the programme is targeting US, international audience it could be a good opportunity to create a bigger fan base which is never a bad thing if it creates new revenue.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #78: Jul 17, 2012 09:54:16 am
      Channel 5 nets Liverpool FC doc

Channel 5 has beaten ITV to land an all-access documentary on Liverpool Football Club.

The Richard Desmond-owned broadcaster is understood to have outbid ITV to land the six-part series, which has been given access to Liverpool players and staff.

One source suggested that C5 has paid as much as ÂŁ95,000 an hour for the Fox Soccer show, which will air in the US in the autumn.

ITV had been considered favourite to land the documentary, but it is understood it was not prepared to match C5’s bid. The acquisition could be considered surprising, given that C5 has retreated from football after deciding not to renew its Europa League rights deal for next season.

Our Liverpool: Never Walk Alone went into production at the end of last season when Liverpool were preparing to face Chelsea in the FA Cup Final, and will also capture the team on their July tour of North America, during which they play Roma and Tottenham Hotspur.

The doc captures a period of change at the club, in which Kenny Dalglish stepped down as manager and Swansea City boss Brendan Rodgers took the reins.

Our Liverpool is being produced by Scott Boggins, who has overseen in-depth boxing documentaries for HBO’s 24/7 strand. This involved filming the intimate build-up to fights, such as Manny Pacquiao v Ricky Hatton in 2009.

Liverpool’s chairman Tom Werner is no stranger to TV, having executive produced some notable US comedies, including The Cosby Show and 3rd Rock from The Sun.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/channel-5-nets-liverpool-fc-doc/5044388.article
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #79: Jul 17, 2012 10:00:42 am
      The good news is that being on channel 5 it is now likely to be seen only by Liverpool fans.

Liverpool’s chairman Tom Werner is no stranger to TV, having executive produced some notable US comedies, including The Cosby Show and 3rd Rock from The Sun.

Think this could be more like a tragedy than a comedy.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #80: Jul 17, 2012 12:39:22 pm
      Shame C5 have lost the Europa League rights and it won't be see by anyone :D

Can see it being a major embarrassment if I'm honest.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #81: Jul 22, 2012 12:34:41 am
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #82: Jul 22, 2012 01:59:26 am
      Really liked that trailer and i'm looking forward to watching the full thing, I always like seeing the behind the scenes stuff such as the training sessions, Lucas' recovery, Brendan's every day work. Looks interesting.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #83: Jul 22, 2012 02:30:44 pm

FFS [insert overreaction] YANKS OUT!!!! [insert a different overreaction]

Just kidding.

It looks fantastic. Can't wait for it!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #84: Jul 22, 2012 03:11:03 pm
      I think it looks spot on.

Quite looking forward to it actually, me being a nosey f**ker and all that.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #85: Jul 22, 2012 03:21:31 pm
      If there was a dogshit on the side of the road with Liverpool football club written on it I'd watch it...

But that last 25 seconds or so of Americanised Rockyest bollocks was head in hands time...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #86: Jul 22, 2012 10:36:20 pm
      Anyone know what channel this will be on in the states? Will I have to watch it online on Fox Soccer?

Can't wait to see it.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #87: Jul 23, 2012 02:17:58 pm
      Anyone know what channel this will be on in the states? Will I have to watch it online on Fox Soccer?
      Looks like we'll have plenty of chances to see it. :)

“Being Liverpool” premieres Sunday, September 16 on FOX, with two repeats that night on FOX Soccer and MundoFOX, America’s newest over-the-air Spanish-language broadcast network which launches this summer. The program repeats throughout the week on National Geographic Channel, FSN and FUEL TV."
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #88: Jul 23, 2012 10:26:32 pm
      I'm not so sure about this at all, why the F**k would we want a global audience when or mantra has been to keep things under wraps, it is this that separates us from the rest,it's why we are such a special club,

i would expect the doc makers to scrutinise the likes of the Mankers, shitty or Chavs, why us,? why now,? and what's in it for FSG ?

is it purely for commercial purposes or are there more sinister reasons FSG want our club's inner secrets revealed to a global audience ?

it f***in stinks to me, or am i just paranoid ?

i'm not going to be stupid and say i won't watch it, but i'd rather we did a doc of us winning the 19th, or winning no 6, to me that would attract a far wider audience than one which shows us at a low ebb, that's americanism for ya, and no doubt when we do get back to winning ways, the Yanks will giving it high fives from Amarillo to Yellow Knife, sucking in all the praise and the credit of how they have rebuilt a world insitution,

no doubt it will succeed,because that is our nature, so,
      what next, the stars & stripes incorporated somewhere on our shirts?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #89: Jul 23, 2012 10:41:13 pm

i'm not going to be stupid and say i won't watch it, but i'd rather we did a doc of us winning the 19th, or winning no 6, to me that would attract a far wider audience than one which shows us at a low ebb, that's americanism for ya, and no doubt when we do get back to winning ways, the Yanks will giving it high fives from Amarillo to Yellow Knife, sucking in all the praise and the credit of how they have rebuilt a world insitution,

Curious for you to explain to this yank what "americanism" is? Sounds contagious and I'm a bit worried I might have caught it somehow. Need to know if I should get to the doctor or something? :o :o
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #90: Jul 24, 2012 01:34:16 am
      I'm not so sure about this at all, why the F**k would we want a global audience when or mantra has been to keep things under wraps, it is this that separates us from the rest,it's why we are such a special club,
      More women to seduce worldwide.  :-*

i would expect the doc makers to scrutinise the likes of the Mankers, shitty or Chavs, why us,? why now,? and what's in it for FSG ?

is it purely for commercial purposes or are there more sinister reasons FSG want our club's inner secrets revealed to a global audience ?
      Very sinister reasons.  >:D

If you have to ask...  :f_tongueincheek:

*Calm down soxfan, count to 10. One, twooo, threeee...*
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #91: Jul 24, 2012 01:44:59 am
      I'm not so sure about this at all, why the f**k would we want a global audience when or mantra has been to keep things under wraps, it is this that separates us from the rest,it's why we are such a special club,

Seriously billy - you can do a whole lot better than this.

Quick Reply