Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Onlive streamed games

Read 1258 times
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Onlive streamed games
      Apr 26, 2012 08:57:47 pm
      this is a revolutionary concept.
      Streamed games to any format even android and ipod pad.
      Its brilliant, they also have an offer on of 200 games for two quid only til friday,
      well worth a look games fans, even if you dont pay for it, you get half an hours demo on loads of games including pro evo 2012
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Onlive streamed games
      Reply #1: Apr 27, 2012 05:28:26 pm
      Might have been revolutionary when I created a thread in September  :P

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,40911.msg1116974.html#msg1116974
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #2: Apr 28, 2012 01:00:13 am
      hey repo, what do you think of it though,
      i tried it a couple of months ago and thought WOW!
      it really is that good. i think ive just lost that two pound offer though, but i am subscribed to blockbuster games tenner a month for 2 games a month.

this really is very very good though, and this comes from a pc gamer with ps3 xb360 and over 30 years experience playing games.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Apr 28, 2012 09:14:40 am
      I don't like it, you can tell it is streamed by the quality of the picture, it looks a little worse than consoles, but comparing it to PC there is a huge difference.

I guess it is good for people who can't afford a decent PC, but I would rather buy the actual game and have the options to edit/customise the game to my liking.

Also, you need a pretty decent connection, and one without a usage cap. Obviously the better the connection the better the quality... I have 100mb broadband and I wasn't happy enough to buy more than three games...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Apr 28, 2012 10:05:29 am
      I'll be honest guyfawkes, I never got round to trying it BUT a friend and colleague of mine did. His review was similar to ATK's, the picture quality wasn't brilliant and had an almost cloudy effect to it. Like you, I'd be tempted just to try games by renting them form Blockbuster. I should try this though.

Quick Reply