Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Alexander Doni
      (36.5%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (7.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (6.3%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1%)
      Andy Carroll
      (34.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1%)
      Someone else
      (8.3%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match Pffft

Read 40135 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match Pffft
      Reply #598: May 02, 2012 08:10:13 am
      Posted in the Kenny thread.

Feel the pain. ..........

A home win behind QPR and Blackburn

Worst Anfield result sequence since 1948-49

Need to score five against Chelsea to beat our worst goalscoring record at Anfield. since 1903.

This is either a great underdog confidence trick to make Chelsea think we are hopeless or ...

We are hopeless.

We are so predictable I have started backing the away team at Anfield, to try and get some level of comfort from a F***ing another disgraceful result, so far I am £120 up after West Brom and Fulham. I did back Villa as well but we freaked a goal.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #599: May 02, 2012 08:36:15 am
      We are so predictable I have started backing the away team at Anfield, to try and get some level of comfort from a f**king another disgraceful result, so far I am £120 up after West Brom and Fulham. I did back Villa as well but we freaked a goal.

You are a discrace and embarrassment to this football club.
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #600: May 02, 2012 08:40:18 am
      You are a discrace and embarrassment to this football club.

FFS, get a life will you, what other joy is there to be had?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #601: May 02, 2012 08:42:42 am
      FFS, get a life will you, what other joy is there to be had?

Me get a life? Ok..

I'd take a few more defeats to rid the club of the likes of you "fans"
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #602: May 02, 2012 08:47:18 am
      Worst thing is that you're not in the least surprised by these results at home any more

I remember in the 08-09 season Rafa drew a few games at home (Hull,Stoke,Fulham spring to mind) in quick succession and it felt like the world had come to an end - I think it's a hard transition to go from where we are to where we want to be in a matter of months. But got to keep the faith
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #603: May 02, 2012 09:07:44 am
      No it isn't..

That's what some fans don't get..

It doesn't have to be either ends of the spectrum..

Constructive criticism is fine.. What some roll out on here constantly is not.

You comment at everyone for not being real fans and always being negative.

I would honestly like to hear your views on liverpools situation and what you think needs to be done for us to be considered a top football club again.

Our season has been that bad that we're going to struggle to attract any world class players this summer.

Even with 2 cup wins, this season has been a complete failure and we've gone backwards from last season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #604: May 02, 2012 09:22:40 am
      That's complete nonsense. If we'd won the game it wouldn't have changed the fact that our entire season is based around Saturday's final. End of.

If Kenny had played the likes of Reina, Stevie or Suarez tonight and one of them got injured I would have been fooking fuming.
      my experience of Liverpool football club over many many years is that we set out to win EVERY game.These players have played all season so one more game 4 days before another should not have mattered.The whole phylosophy of the club is up the wall at present.
      Picking games to get up for is not the right way every game is a big game at this club.
      The league games always took priority and if we rested players it was one or two and then take them of later on after an hour.
      This present team/squad is but a shadow of what we need to compete we are miles behind.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #605: May 02, 2012 09:25:20 am
      Even with 2 cup wins, this season has been a complete failure.

If we win the double it will be a great season, and I don't care what anyone says.

If we don't, it will be considered very poor.

We entered 3 competitons at the begining of this season with a realistic chance of winning 2 of them. We won 1 and we're in the final of the other. The league has been shambolic, but if anyone is telling me that winning 2 trophies in his first season is considered a failure then theres a few clubs around the country who would love to have "failures" of seasons too.

On the game last night - It was dreadful, worst atmosphere I've ever experienced since going to Anfield. Then again I expected the result after seeing the team sheet, but the lack of effort was very dissapointing. The whole ground couldn't be arsed with the game, never mind the players, empty seats all over the Anny road end. Just glad we got it out the way without any injuries.

But f**k it, cya at Wembley.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #606: May 02, 2012 09:27:57 am
      Lets hope some changes in personel in the summer bring better results un the league.

What is obvious is that we need our Aura of Invincibility back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #607: May 02, 2012 09:30:45 am
      Even with 2 cup wins, this season has been a complete failure and we've gone backwards from last season.

Really struggle to see your logic in that statement. Clearly we are still a few quality players short of competing for the top 4 but to say we've gone backwards from last season after winning our first trophy in 5 years and in the final of the FA cup is quite simply ludicrous. We didn't even make the Europa league last season!
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #608: May 02, 2012 09:45:41 am
      It depends on people point of view of what's important.
      For years we have been winning cups off and on but drooling over the prospect of a league title again.
      In fact I remember many comments both from fans and media on most occasions stating that Liverpool will be happy with the trophy but their aim now has to be getting that elusive league title and this has gone on for years.
      Here we are going back in the league again, not just missing out on top 5 again or the top 4 and lambasting the manager for that but for potentially finishing outside the top 10 especially when you consider we have Chelsea again and a potential banana skin match against Swansea.
      If you are just outside again but pick a trophy or even 2 then you can be forgiven I think and it can be seen as progress still to an extent but we are talking about potentially our lowest finish in the premier league since its formation.
      We have the right to look at the drop in the league and ask questions, you are not a bad fan or a poor one for questioning the team or manager when things are clearly not going to plan. Maybe when things are going well but you still dig at the team cos you don't like the way we play then no if its working you cant do that, the results matter. The league is our bread and butter as the saying has always gone.
      If we won both cups but got relegated to the Championship would we be happy, I doubt it.
      That said it is not time to call for the manager etc but some of those players need to take a long hard look at themselves and the manager needs to take lessons from this season and learn and put things right, he doesn't need smoke blowing up his arse
      seanmalonelfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • OOOH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!
      Reply #609: May 02, 2012 11:50:55 am
      The fans need to be excited? How about watching there team 4 days before there team go to Wembley for the FA cup final. Granted you can get worn down when results are not going great or when your watching ppoor performances but that crowd was poor from the start, for all tha crowd knew they could have been in for a treat tonight with 7 or 8 goals but there was no buzz at all
      there were 5000 empty seats there last night, you should have turned up and got the atmosphere going
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #610: May 02, 2012 11:56:20 am
      Saw the team and thought oh F**k.

Gutted when that goal went in but thought we still had enough on the park to at least come back and get the draw, hopefully snatch a win.

As usual it didn't happen but is it wrong of me to be used to this sh*t? I just turned off the tv and went to bed.

Doni a standout for MOTM followed by Andy and Martin. All the rest will be sweating on whether they did enough to even get on the bench Saturday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #611: May 02, 2012 12:58:11 pm
      You comment at everyone for not being real fans and always being negative.

I would honestly like to hear your views on liverpools situation and what you think needs to be done for us to be considered a top football club again.

Our season has been that bad that we're going to struggle to attract any world class players this summer.

F***ing hell we'll miss out on world class players anyway if the richer teams decide to throw enough money at them.

We haven't gone backwards we've won two triophies, we won F**k all last season - that's a F***ing improvement!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #612: May 02, 2012 02:25:43 pm
      We are so predictable I have started backing the away team at Anfield, to try and get some level of comfort from a f**king another disgraceful result, so far I am £120 up after West Brom and Fulham. I did back Villa as well but we freaked a goal.

Ridiculous.

I can't bring myself to predict the other team to win in our prediction league never mind bet money on them to beat us.

Enjoy your money and I'll continue backing and supporting the team I love.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #613: May 02, 2012 03:56:15 pm
      We are so predictable I have started backing the away team at Anfield, to try and get some level of comfort from a F***ing another disgraceful result, so far I am £120 up after West Brom and Fulham. I did back Villa as well but we freaked a goal.

Well next time, go sit with the away support and celebrate with them when they score because you clearly have no right to take the place of any genuine Red who wants to be at Anfield to support Liverpool Football Club.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #614: May 02, 2012 07:21:49 pm
      Saw the team and thought oh F**k.
      I hear you buddy (although I still held some hope).

Like I've said before (and on numerous occasions since I've been on this forum) I don't like that whole 'prioritising' games sh*te - although I fully understand why it's done. So, to my mind , it was was a mistake to rest so many with work still to be done. Kenny has said as much and put his hands up to that which is typical of the man.

The thing is, (which many seem to forget), we have, under all managers been "resting"/"saving players" and sacrificing Cup games for nigh on seven years. The reason?... "To concentrate on the League or Champions League" to no avail.

Maybe this time we will actually see some tangible return for this long-held, long-standing, practice.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #615: May 02, 2012 07:25:19 pm
       After watching last night you can safely say some of our "squad" players aren't good enough. We knew that already though, it's our first team which'll hopefully do the business on Saturday.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #616: May 02, 2012 08:11:12 pm
      I think with the team we had last night a draw would have been a result ,Skrtel got unlucky for the goal , the match on Saturday is the main focus for Kenny and the club ,a dismal season can become decent if we manage two cups ! ...so to all the wrist slashers ..just wait until after the final !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #617: May 02, 2012 10:51:52 pm
      After watching last night you can safely say some of our "squad" players aren't good enough. We knew that already though, it's our first team which'll hopefully do the business on Saturday.

Sums up nicely last night.

Quick Reply