Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      137 (97.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.4%)
      Or someone else?
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Norwich 0:3 Liverpool In game and post match jubilation.

Read 44566 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: LIVE: Norwich vs Liverpool
      Reply #506: Apr 28, 2012 08:04:14 pm
      Ha ha all three were magnificent goals!

One of the best ever LFC hat-tricks. I can't think of a better one right now.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #507: Apr 28, 2012 08:05:14 pm
      If you were to be overly critical of Suarez then you'd state that Suarez really should have just slotted rather tried to chip the keeper when he hit it over the bar.....BUT the fact that he tried to get his hat trick with such an effort is quite impressive.
      Great individual performance.

Agreed. That's what I thought at the time, but he made up for it in spectacular style.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #508: Apr 28, 2012 08:05:33 pm
      F***ing excellent performance from the Redmen again. The only difference between this performance and the last seven or eight performances was that we put our chances away.

That is the only difference. The style of play was the same, the approach play was the same, the attitude was the same and the desire was the same.

So all those fuckwits who want Kenny out?, F**k off and peddle your poison elsewhere, we know our football here.

I certainly don't want to jump the gun here but i can see relationships starting to form and understandings starting to materialise, all looking good.

Well done to the travelling Kop again, absolutely outstanding from start to finish.

Bring on the Chavs and bring on Torres. We'll bring the pain.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #509: Apr 28, 2012 08:05:39 pm
      Twas the Luis show this evening. Got his hatrick. 2 really good goals followed by a special one. Should've had 4 but tried to chip the keeper in a 1-on-1 in the box, probably to close in, should've slotted it. SG did well. It was a stroll really, could've had another 3 (difficult to understand how you can stroll it one week and give it up the next)
      Great to get the result, the lads can focus on next week and another Wembley final !! Good to have things to look forward to :)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #510: Apr 28, 2012 08:06:07 pm
      One of the best ever LFC hat-tricks. I can't think of a better one right now.

Same. Last great one was the Crouch perfect hatrick. Left foot, right foot, header against Arse I think.

Maxi against Fulham was good too with his last goal.

All 3 of Luis' though were beautiful.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #511: Apr 28, 2012 08:06:16 pm
      You know, we've played much better this season and have lost or drawn. I'm just so thrilled to see us take our chances and be more clinical than we have been in those games. 3 points, feels so good!

Oh and Luis Suarez. Not much more can be said other than that's one of the best hat tricks I've ever seen. He's simply brilliant. So so so so glad he wears RED
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #512: Apr 28, 2012 08:09:47 pm
      The most satisfying thing for me was the fact we've played better on countless occasions this season and come away with f**k all.

In other news, Im still picking myself up off the floor after witnessing one of the best masterclasses in a Red shirt in recent years.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #513: Apr 28, 2012 08:12:02 pm
      Also hope Carra gets the recognition he deserves as well today.

I won't look back, but I can guarantee there will be a few people moaning that he was in the starting lineup ahead of Coates prior to the Kick off.

Rock solid all match.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #514: Apr 28, 2012 08:12:48 pm
      3-well executed goals and Suarez deserves MOTM while Carra was superb. We moved faster on the offensive, that's what we hope to see more often.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #515: Apr 28, 2012 08:12:48 pm

I won't look back, but I can guarantee there will be a few people moaning that he was in the starting lineup ahead of Coates.

He was rock solid.

Yeah thought Carra did well today. Seemed to have much better positioning than in recent outings.
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #516: Apr 28, 2012 08:14:53 pm
      Today's performance will give kenny some good selection problems as we get closer to the cup final. The last two matches he has given every midfield player a chance and after today he has a big decision to make.

I thought jonjo was brilliant today. And I like Carroll but Suarez seems to play better without him if stevie is fit.

Well done today fellas, and we hit the F***ing bar again!!
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #517: Apr 28, 2012 08:15:44 pm
      Yes you do, it's been highlighted enough by posters on here, but stop f**king whinging about the King.

Can't you just enjoy that hatrick?

When was I moaning?
      Whoever was crying about those who have criticised KD being silent should try and enjoy the hat-trick instead of taking digs
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #518: Apr 28, 2012 08:16:09 pm

I won't look back, but I can guarantee there will be a few people moaning that he was in the starting lineup ahead of Coates before the match.

Rock solid all match.

Appreciate your opinion and passion but really disagree.

Yes, his experience and ability led to some great blocks but his alarming lack of pace and passing really shows that he is a liability.
      Watch the game again and see if you feel the same.
      I think he creates too much pressure on the back line with his slowness tracking back, challenging and passing. He makes others play worse, not better and thats a huge change from years gone by.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #519: Apr 28, 2012 08:18:21 pm

I won't look back, but I can guarantee there will be a few people moaning that he was in the starting lineup ahead of Coates prior to the Kick off.

Rock solid all match.

Yeah he was brilliant today Carra.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #520: Apr 28, 2012 08:22:16 pm

Yes, his experience and ability led to some great blocks but his alarming lack of pace and passing really shows that he is a liability.
      I think he creates too much pressure on the back line with his slowness tracking back, challenging and passing. He makes others play worse, not better and thats a huge change from years gone by.

He has never been blessed with pace though and its common knowledge that we play a deeper back line when hes on the pitch. Nevertheless, he can only work with what he has available, and today he didn't put a foot wrong. I would even go as far as saying Agger gave me more worrying moments than Carra did at the back.

Carraghers inabilities are there for all too see, and Im sure Kenny and the staff are quite aware of them. But when hes on the pitch all he can do is put in a solid performance, and thats what he did today. We limited Norwich (Who have been very potent at home this season) to literally no chances over the full 90 minutes. Carra played his part today and he played it perfectly IMO. If making others play worse is a reflection of a 3 nil victory and a clean sheet, I'll take it all day.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #521: Apr 28, 2012 08:23:13 pm

Have to agree there mate. His distribution is noticably poorer this season, and he looks like he has less time on the ball that the other CB's. Even tonight, there were a fair few hoofs to nowhere. One or two great blocks though too.

Also did we pass back to Pepe more than usual this evening? Seemed like it to me. Maybe I've just been watching too much of Barca recently.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #522: Apr 28, 2012 08:26:30 pm
      He has never been blessed with pace though and its common knowledge that we play a deeper back line when hes on the pitch. Nevertheless, he can only work with what he has available, and today he didn't put a foot wrong. I would even go as far as saying Agger gave me more worrying moments than Carra did at the back.

Carraghers inabilities are there for all too see, and Im sure Kenny and the staff are quite aware of them. But when hes on the pitch all he can do is put in a solid performance, and thats what he did today We limited a Norwich team who have been very potent at home this season to literally no chances for the full 90 minutes. Carra played his part today and he played it perfectly IMO.

Agree with all of that BUT feel he has really dropped off this season and hasn't played that much for a reason.
      He isn't the player he was.
      Honestly think that he puts too much pressure on the back line when he plays and especially when the younger fellas are selected.
      Would not be surprised if he retired at the end of the season.
      Just my opinion and appreciate your well put post.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #523: Apr 28, 2012 08:29:03 pm
      Carra was immense today, he still does have it! However I won't pick him to play in the FA Cup Final.  I think he will really struggle against Drogba strength and pace. Has to be Skrtel and Agger as centre backs.

Also Bellamy was great, he really has been a wonderful signing. It should be him deserving to start the final, not Downing.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #524: Apr 28, 2012 08:31:23 pm

Also did we pass back to Pepe more than usual this evening? Seemed like it to me. Maybe I've just been watching too much of Barca recently.

I mentioned this twice today we did do a lot of passbacks (even without Charlie Adam!). But not just this game, its been a lot of the games in the season. Teams know we will go back if our defenders come under the slightist bit of pressure and thats why a lot of teams when playing us, really press our defenders.

We must be careful against Chelsea, as they do seem to press and we dont want a mistake like Gerrards backpass against them a few years back.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #525: Apr 28, 2012 08:33:03 pm
      Carra was immense today, he still does have it! However I won't pick him to play in the FA Cup Final. I think he will really struggle against Drogba strength and pace. Has to be Skrtel and Agger as centre backs.

Carra has bossed Drogba on several occasions, just thought i'd point that out.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #526: Apr 28, 2012 08:34:18 pm
      Overall Carra has definitely been in decline this season, so I dont think he deserves to start.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #527: Apr 28, 2012 08:34:44 pm
      Even though I thought he played well today, theres no chance I'd play him ahead Skrtel next Saturday.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #528: Apr 28, 2012 08:47:37 pm
      Great win today, only saw the second half though.  Suarez is a magician and those goals were all quality.

Seems everything worked well today, selection, tactics, subs.  A few negative comments at the start of the thread though (even before a ball had been kicked).

Well done redmen, a nice warm up for next weekend.  A shame we have to play in the week too though, but I suppose if we win it will be a huge boost going into the cup final.

Quick Reply