Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Alexander Doni
      (36.5%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (7.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (6.3%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1%)
      Andy Carroll
      (34.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1%)
      Someone else
      (8.3%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match Pffft

Read 40820 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fulham
      Reply #437: May 01, 2012 09:46:50 pm
      FFS it was a bad performance, but most of those players won't be playing at Wembley!!!!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #438: May 01, 2012 09:47:03 pm
      First time Fulham won a game in Liverpool in the league
      And the double over us this season by the same score line.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #439: May 01, 2012 09:47:06 pm
      Fooking hell lads that was basically a reserve a team out there and it took an own goal to beat us from nigh on full strength side, take the positives from the game.

Agreed.

It looked as though Senor Dalglish was a trifle miffed and I doubt this will have much bearing on Saturday when all the big guns (that didn't play tonight!) come back.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #440: May 01, 2012 09:47:21 pm
      Right I'm off to stick needles under my fingernails, it will be far less painful than watching you whinging moaning bas**rds dissecting every milli-second of the game. ;D

It's getting boring mate... you need to come here and say that nearly every week, about how negative everyone is... well there is a reason...
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #441: May 01, 2012 09:47:21 pm
      The Good:
      Sterling (!!! - done more in his 15 minutes than Kuyt all night)
      Coates (has to be preferred to Carragher)
      Skrtel (commanding as ever)
      Aurélio (wouldn't be surprised to see him play at least once in the remaining matches of the season)
      Doni (stopped everything that moved before him, had no chance to catch that own goal, brilliant - my MOTM)
      Carroll (starting vs. Chavs? Wouldn't be surprised)
      Shelvey (his quality shone through on many occasions)

The Bad:
      Spearing (gave away so many balls, poor showing)
      Kelly (bad crossing, defensively average)
      Henderson (done absolutely nothing apart from one shot that is believed to be in orbit)
      Kuyt (invisible, poor, showcased why exactly is he in the contention to be sold)
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #442: May 01, 2012 09:47:41 pm
      at least we didnt hit the woodwork or a barn door.................... ............

Couldnt even find them let alone the goal
      LFCexiled
      Reply #443: May 01, 2012 09:48:15 pm
      Fooking hell lads that was basically a reserve a team out there and it took an own goal to beat us from nigh on full strength side, take the positives from the game.

I'm going with this philosophy and as I can see the influx of the kenny out brigade who were strangely missing after the Norwich match I'm going to say my goodbye from the thread and exit before I get dragged into the usual sh*te.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #444: May 01, 2012 09:48:17 pm
      The players tonight looked like they knew a win tonight doesn't really change anything and they just want the match to be over.

Not nice to watch Liverpool players looking like they don't care if we win, lose or draw and I would still expect, even in a period of poor form we would put in a better performance than tonight, particularly in the second half.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #445: May 01, 2012 09:48:21 pm
      Can we knee jerk yet?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #446: May 01, 2012 09:48:22 pm
      I feel sorry for those who were at the game. That was pretty poor tonight against an average Fulham team.

Carroll did well and showed confidence, Coates did okay, Shelvey faded as the game went on, Downing was poor and Doni saved it from being even more embarrassing.

We lack strength in depth and it showed tonight.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #447: May 01, 2012 09:48:25 pm
      Right I'm off to stick needles under my fingernails, it will be far less painful than watching you whinging moaning bas**rds dissecting every milli-second of the game. ;D
      After so many game slike this at ANFIELD this season you must be used to the pain by now.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #448: May 01, 2012 09:49:02 pm
      We played soo bad tonight, not one player showed any commitment or spirit there, soo lacklustre. Doni probably stopped it being 3 or 4 nil! Kelly an Enrique cant cross a ball to save their lives and Downing should NEVER be played on the right; I know it was only 2nd string team but god if we play anywhere near like that on saturday I fear the very worst.

The match on saturday really will define our season, a win an we win 2 trophies in a season, or a loss, won a 'micky mouse' cup an only won 5/6 at home an possibly end up in the bottom half.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #449: May 01, 2012 09:49:07 pm
      We need to change the sign for the players as they come down the tunnel to "this was Anfield".
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #450: May 01, 2012 09:49:12 pm
      It was horrible mate we were at home, Fulham could have won 3 or 4 nil

And we could have won 2-1. Perhaps even 12-11. We didn't though we lost 1-0.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #451: May 01, 2012 09:49:39 pm
      Poor performance tonite ... but with a 2nd string side ... and we've an FA Cup final to look forward to at the weekend !! :)

Still, can't hide from the fact that the league form, particularly in the final 3rd of the season, has been really poor. Thought we might finish strong, but we haven't and it's disappointing.  Makes the result vs. Chavs more important I think with the summer break not far off now.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #452: May 01, 2012 09:49:51 pm

It might have been a reserve side but there was £70m out there at the start and over £100m used by the end of the game. What does that say a)about our transfers and b) our strength in depth (or more to the point lack of).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #453: May 01, 2012 09:50:18 pm
      It's getting boring mate... you need to come here and say that nearly every week, about how negative everyone is... well there is a reason...

Is it the weather?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #454: May 01, 2012 09:50:26 pm
      I normally hate hearing the players get booed but after that and mainly due to their pathetic attitude, I think they deserved it.

As much as I agree the performance was poor I never agree with booing our players and hate to hear it at Anfield.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #455: May 01, 2012 09:50:27 pm
      MOTM?
      Doni.
      Did well to make a few stops including from Dempsey.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #456: May 01, 2012 09:51:36 pm
      The players tonight looked like they knew a win tonight doesn't really change anything and they just want the match to be over.

Not nice to watch Liverpool players looking like they don't care if we win, lose or draw and I would still expect, even in a period of poor form we would put in a better performance than tonight, particularly in the second half.

Then were in big trouble.

Kelly, Coates, Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson are young men who should be trying to impress at every chance to show Kenny they aare dependable to be regulars.

Added to the fact that when a player pulls on that shirt rule 1 is give your fooking everything maybe some players need fooking off
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #457: May 01, 2012 09:51:45 pm

Nah mate I don't need to say it every week, I just accepted this season was a work in progress around December/January and you know what I feel much better for it, it means I have laughed about some of our results other than ripped my hair out and got into heated arguments with people on here.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #458: May 01, 2012 09:52:25 pm
      I can imagine a bunch of squad players would have trouble getting pumped to play a meaningless game in front of a dead crowd when they know for certain they won't be playing on Saturday in the biggest game of the season.

No excuse at all, mind you, but I can see it.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #459: May 01, 2012 09:52:29 pm
      As much as I agree the performance was poor I never agree with booing our players and hate to hear it at Anfield.

Agree with that. If the players had been asked to judge the performance of the fans tonight I'm sure they would have had a good boo right back at them because they didn't make a sound all night.

Fook the league season. Shut it down. Lets roll on Saturday and bring that Cup home.

Quick Reply