Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Alexander Doni
      (36.5%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (7.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (6.3%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1%)
      Andy Carroll
      (34.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1%)
      Someone else
      (8.3%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match Pffft

Read 40750 times
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match Pffft
      Reply #460: May 01, 2012 09:52:47 pm
      As much as I agree the performance was poor I never agree with booing our players and hate to hear it at Anfield.
      I would normally feel the same mate, just feel so angry that people paid money to watch 11 men who couldn't give a sh*t.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fulham
      Reply #461: May 01, 2012 09:53:01 pm
      Just woefull. I dont care that it wasnt our first eleven. We just didnt look like scoring.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #462: May 01, 2012 09:53:03 pm
      it was sad to see players come on and have no impact - that is some kind of sign that they have become well used to playing in a good side and looking good. but the pre season should make everyone better and I am looking forward to that, especially if we win the FA cup.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #463: May 01, 2012 09:53:16 pm
      I think the selection tonight was shameful.People pay good money to watch Liverpool and that was not a Liverpool team not by a mile.
      If we lose our next 3 games which we could well do what then our entire season depends on 1 game now thats a hell of a lot of pressure.
      Picking players who will not play on Saturday is not going to give you a motivated team.F**k me we need a clear out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #464: May 01, 2012 09:53:25 pm
      It was not even close to a reserve side... yet our first team lost to Fulham earlier in the season as well, so...

I accept we are a work in progress, but when you spend money, sign players and then finish worse than the season before, progress is not exactly a certainty.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #465: May 01, 2012 09:53:26 pm
      I can imagine a bunch of squad players would have trouble getting pumped to play a meaningless game in front of a dead crowd when they know for certain they won't be playing on Saturday in the biggest game of the season.

No excuse at all, mind you, but I can see it.

I thought the same myself at times tonight, particularly when i looked at Kuyt's demeanor.

The only plusses for me were young Sterling got more minutes and once again did well, he kept the ball, won a couple of free-kicks and put in two great crosses. Also, Coates showed again that he has a bit about him and looks ready to step up ahead of Carra as we go into next season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #466: May 01, 2012 09:53:35 pm
      It might have been a reserve side but there was £70m out there at the start and over £100m used by the end of the game. What does that say a)about our transfers and b) our strength in depth (or more to the point lack of).

You can have a multi -million pound missile, but if you only have a rubber band to fire it from, you can't expect great results. 
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #467: May 01, 2012 09:54:02 pm
      Dont worry everyone were obviously saving the football for the cup final ! How can we expect to compete in all these competitions were in without losing a few on the way? Aslong as we bring home the FA Cup then we can all keep kidding ourselves that our beloved Liverpool team is anything other then average !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #468: May 01, 2012 09:55:37 pm
      It might have been a reserve side but there was £70m out there at the start and over £100m used by the end of the game. What does that say a)about our transfers and b) our strength in depth (or more to the point lack of).

Its says take Carroll out of the equation and you'd be down to a £35m starting X, Fulhams starting XI probably cost more than that and they've been playing week in and week out for the majority of the season and it took an own goal beat us.

Your glass maybe half empty, mines half full. ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #469: May 01, 2012 09:55:44 pm
      I would normally feel the same mate, just feel so angry that people paid money to watch 11 men who couldn't give a sh*t.

I see your point and I was about to spend the best part of £200 to go to this game but I still would not have booed at the end.

Can't stand it and it just doesn't sound right at Anfield.

Agree with that. If the players had been asked to judge the performance of the fans tonight I'm sure they would have had a good boo right back at them because they didn't make a sound all night.

Fook the league season. Shut it down. Lets roll on Saturday and bring that Cup home.

Atmosphere was shocking tonight.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #470: May 01, 2012 09:55:53 pm
      sh*t team. sh*t game.

They got lucky with their oggy but then Doni saved us a couple of times.

Disappointing but a good result Saturday and this will all be forgotten about.  Roll on the end of the League campaign.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #471: May 01, 2012 09:55:58 pm
      I wouldnt let any of tonights team anywhere near Wembley.F**k I am angry.What a load of crap
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #472: May 01, 2012 09:56:45 pm
      I am a little frustrated but I accept that the match would have no relevance whatsoever.

Short term dissapointment, but nothing lost or gained in the long term. Our PL campaign was over weeks ago.

Onwards onto the only important fixture left, Wembley.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #473: May 01, 2012 09:56:47 pm
      I think the selection tonight was shameful.People pay good money to watch Liverpool and that was not a Liverpool team not by a mile.
      If we lose our next 3 games which we could well do what then our entire season depends on 1 game now thats a hell of a lot of pressure.
      Picking players who will not play on Saturday is not going to give you a motivated team.F**k me we need a clear out.

That's complete nonsense. If we'd won the game it wouldn't have changed the fact that our entire season is based around Saturday's final. End of.

If Kenny had played the likes of Reina, Stevie or Suarez tonight and one of them got injured I would have been fooking fuming.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #474: May 01, 2012 09:57:45 pm
      Can't wait until this season has finished! Wrong tactics and wrong line up tonight. Cup final or no cup final, how about fighting to at least finish top half and above the Bitters, christ!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #475: May 01, 2012 09:58:34 pm
      Premier League Win Percentage - 36%
      Bring Bellamy, Gerrard and Suarez in and at least win The FA Cup.
      Only Skrtel, Doni and Shelvey stood up all game.
      Carroll was a threat as long as Aurelio was on.
      The rest? Sit out the big one lads.
      Oh and Downing, F**k Off!
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #476: May 01, 2012 09:58:38 pm
      I am quite sure the west brom game and tonight have taught kenny a lot, as we progress a lot of the old guard must be shipped out. Kenny has given Kuyt and Maxi their chance in both games and they have come up short in my opinion. I like Jay but he does not have enough quality for the way Kenny wants to progress.
      I cannot get to grips with Henderson but he is highly rated and i remember saying similar things about Lucas and i was very wrong. So jury is out on him. I rate Jonjo and think he needs more game time as he shows a willingness combined with obvious talent.
      Downing has abilty but lacks the guile and effort required to wear that red shirt and should be moved on.
      Sterling is awesome, he reminds me of Lennon and Walcott which he is always going to be likened to, however, and its a huge however did you see the couple of crosses the boy put in? He obviousley has an end product as opposed to the other two i just mentioned.

Andy played well in patches and i am hopeful he will come good, cannot fault his effort tonight.

Overall poor tonight, but there are some positive things to come out of the loss and lessons to be learnt.

Goodnight fellow reds.

YNWA

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #477: May 01, 2012 09:59:04 pm
      Then were in big trouble.

Kelly, Coates, Shelvey, Spearing and Henderson are young men who should be trying to impress at every chance to show Kenny they aare dependable to be regulars.

Added to the fact that when a player pulls on that shirt rule 1 is give your fooking everything maybe some players need fooking off

It's a great point Brian and like you I would expect young players to be busting a gut to show Kenny what they can do, if not for now, but for next season.

A general malaise has set in league wise and it just doesn't seem to want to shift and it could be that even Kenny is focusing everything on the Cup as I have no other explanation for such a lifeless performance.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #478: May 01, 2012 09:59:29 pm
      Dont worry everyone were obviously saving the football for the cup final ! How can we expect to compete in all these competitions were in without losing a few on the way? Aslong as we bring home the FA Cup then we can all keep kidding ourselves that our beloved Liverpool team is anything other then average !

Don't think there's any ' kidding ' anymore , it's a fact !
      Just want this season to be over, trying to get some enthusiasm up for Saturday but struggling at the moment.
      Good nights sleep and I'm sure I'll be raring to go tomorrow.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #479: May 01, 2012 10:00:05 pm
      And we could have won 2-1. Perhaps even 12-11. We didn't though we lost 1-0.

he clearly meant deservedly won 3 or 4 nil
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #480: May 01, 2012 10:01:24 pm
      Missed the game so no comment.

But i guess it was the usual scenario creating chances and not taking them and no luck shining down on us and we concede against the run of play?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #481: May 01, 2012 10:02:20 pm
      he clearly meant deservedly won 3 or 4 nil

Oh, right. Well he's wrong then because they were sh*te too.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #482: May 01, 2012 10:02:46 pm
      I am quite sure the west brom game and tonight have taught kenny a lot, as we progress a lot of the old guard must be shipped out. Kenny has given Kuyt and Maxi their chance in both games and they have come up short in my opinion. I like Jay but he does not have enough quality for the way Kenny wants to progress.
      I cannot get to grips with Henderson but he is highly rated and i remember saying similar things about Lucas and i was very wrong. So jury is out on him. I rate Jonjo and think he needs more game time as he shows a willingness combined with obvious talent.
      Downing has abilty but lacks the guile and effort required to wear that red shirt and should be moved on.
      Sterling is awesome, he reminds me of Lennon and Walcott which he is always going to be likened to, however, and its a huge however did you see the couple of crosses the boy put in? He obviousley has an end product as opposed to the other two i just mentioned.

Andy played well in patches and i am hopeful he will come good, cannot fault his effort tonight.

Overall poor tonight, but there are some positive things to come out of the loss and lessons to be learnt.

Goodnight fellow reds.

YNWA

Well said mate... Downing and Andy best come good in the 1st months of next season or must be sold at christmas... Im talking atleast 10 goals/assists combos each... Otherwise their expendable!

Spearing has heart but lacks the talent!

Sterling looks the part...

Quick Reply