Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Luis Suarez
      2 (1.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      158 (90.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      6 (3.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (4.6%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: May 10, 2012 08:54:45 pm

F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.

Read 59021 times
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Re: F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.
      Reply #828: May 06, 2012 02:49:23 am
      Love to know where you post when we won the league cup or a match, 2 years on this board and you come out with this crap.

Your posts are mediocre does LFC reds need to accept your excuses or can we just boot you too?

Okay now here come the personal attacks... A pity really... I did not post anywhere when we won the league because I was too busy partying...

Many LFC fans feel the same way I feel today. We need to re-group, make changes and come back next year for the Championship. A Carling cup and an 8th place is not Liverpool standard. YNWA.

PS: AZPatriot - You can insult folks on this forum. But I can guarantee you that you would not have the courage to those things to my face. That is a guarantee sir from a true Liverpool fan.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #829: May 06, 2012 03:04:46 am
      Not a lot to be said that hasn't been already, but my thoughts anyway.
      After the past few weeks I think that Shelvey can be a bit disappointed to find himself behind both Spearing and Hendo - recently he has shown that his all round game is better than both of them, and he seems to offer more, so I was slightly surprised not to see him start actually.
      I was also expecting Kuyt to start, with Bellers being introduced later when he could have had more impact and not the other way around.

Perhaps most perplexing was the lack of change at half time.  We obviously needed something different - Luis was so isolated that I was certain that Andy would come on (probably for Spearing, who was shocking and looked totally out of his depth), and we would start to push higher up the pitch and put pressure on the back four.  When he did come on it was really too late, and left us with too much to do.

If I had a criticism of KK it is that he (like many managers) seems reluctant to make a change at half time - what was going to change in the first 20mins of the second half with the same players on the pitch?  Is it an attempt to validate the starting lineup?  But a change was needed and if that had been at half time maybe it would have been a different outcome.

Finally on the was it/wasn't it - the replay/still that was shown on SBS here in Oz, I couldn't see any of the ball in front of the line, but there didn't seem to be any daylight between the ball and the line.  Never really understood the whole of the ball reasoning, always felt it should be at least half the ball.  However when you consider the goal they scored in the semi, then we were hard done by.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #830: May 06, 2012 03:19:57 am
      Okay now here come the personal attacks... A pity really... I did not post anywhere when we won the league because I was too busy partying...

Many LFC fans feel the same way I feel today. We need to re-group, make changes and come back next year for the Championship. A Carling cup and an 8th place is not Liverpool standard. YNWA.

PS: AZPatriot - You can insult folks on this forum. But I can guarantee you that you would not have the courage to those things to my face. That is a guarantee sir from a true Liverpool fan.

All I said was wonder where you are when we win because can't find much after 2 years on this board...that is fact not a matter of courage. All you folks seem to come out of the woodwork when things are down, but can't be chuffed to post when the positive results come in.

Just makes me wonder.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #831: May 06, 2012 04:23:28 am
      always embarrassing when the small team knocks over the little team eh lads.

onto next season heads held high
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #832: May 06, 2012 08:11:23 am
      There is quite enough bitchin' going.

Ain't going to help no matter what we feel like this morning .

I could start ranting.

Have a feeling we are going to burn Chelsea on Tuesday night at Anfield.

What a game THAT is going to be Ladies.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2797 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #833: May 06, 2012 08:49:52 am
      Can someone answer this for me please.......

Why the fook did it take us to be 2 down before we played some football? Why not play that way from the start? We woulf have won that game had w approached it that way from the start.  :mad:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #834: May 06, 2012 08:52:12 am
      There is quite enough bitchin' going.

Ain't going to help no matter what we feel like this morning .

True mate.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #835: May 06, 2012 08:58:11 am
      Honestly I had my doubts about Carroll the way he may or may not turn out but after that cameo I have full confidence that he is going to be a f*cking force in the coming years
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #836: May 06, 2012 09:34:21 am
      which one of those players today would Shankly have in his team players who would run through a brick wall for him?.
      Who would have thought it would be Andy Carrol coming on from the bench who would drag us back into the game.
      We dont know who signed the players Kenny will always cover the club but why did Comolli go.
      So many questions and not many answers.....
      We will probably never know the truth walton.I agree with you about players running through a brick wall for Bill Shankly(Gerry Byrne for example.I am afraid in the first half we had too many players who never had enough mongrel in them and they let us all down as well as letting Kenny down bigtime.My biggest gripe is when we play this short passing game players freezing on the spot and after a dozen passes we have made no progress up field or have gone backwards
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #837: May 06, 2012 09:34:36 am
      Can someone console me.
      Is this the worst squad we have had in over 50 years.the first team i followed had Peter Thompson,EmlynHughes ,
      Tommy Smith, Roger Hunt Chris Lawler and Alec Lindsay.Now Jamie is clearly past it Stevie is a shadow of his former self I just dont see our future a sbeing anything other than top 8 with the odd Cup Run.
      We have been blessed with the best Kenny being the pinnacle but how does he really see these players.
      I just dont see how we ended up with Henderson and Spearing in holding misfielders.
      I am for the first time genuinely concerned for our clubs future
      This all F***ing day.
      Edit An afterthought: If these glaring facts regarding the present squad are becoming apparent to us mere mortals, how long has Kenny been aware of the situation but has no means to affect it? A statement of committment on the financial side of things has got to manifest itself or the words of NESV and John Henry are not worth a carrot. 
      « Last Edit: May 06, 2012 09:52:33 am by stuey »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #838: May 06, 2012 09:41:11 am
      We have lack of quality in depth and once this is addressed we stand in good stead.

Im not concerned for the future of this club under our current owners as i have genuine trust in believing them that they will help restore us at the top.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #839: May 06, 2012 10:15:07 am
      We have lack of quality in depth and once this is addressed we stand in good stead.

Im not concerned for the future of this club under our current owners as i have genuine trust in believing them that they will help restore us at the top.

I also have faith in the owners and believe in their sincerity, that belief is taking a battering when the facts tell me that the faith is being severely tested, to be brutally honest the trust is not being earned right now.
      BIG investment in quality is required and off the top of my head three major signings are required urgently with some longer term issues to be addressed.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #840: May 06, 2012 10:23:43 am
      Perhaps most perplexing was the lack of change at half time.

We did change the shape at half-time with Bellamy moving up top with Suarz and Henderson coming out onto the right hand side.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #841: May 06, 2012 10:25:04 am
      I just dont see how we ended up with Henderson and Spearing in holding misfielders.
      Injuries to (at various times) Gerrard, Lucas & the much maligned Adam who I believe we've missed more than some would care to admit. I do believe however that (along with a striker) it's a position that could have been addressed in January.

The summer should see some changes methinks.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,505 posts | 1474 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #842: May 06, 2012 10:51:16 am
      I know we should have been playing the whole 90 minutes the way we finished and we wouldn't have needed this, but here is the computer image ITV did after the game showing how far the ball went in for that disallowed goal.

vix
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #843: May 06, 2012 11:17:57 am
      that's in 4 sure, but yes I know.......
      LFCexiled
      Reply #844: May 06, 2012 11:26:46 am
      I know we should have been playing the whole 90 minutes the way we finished and we wouldn't have needed this, but here is the computer image ITV did after the game showing how far the ball went in for that disallowed goal.

I fully understand the anger about it and I'm F***ing pissed off myself about it but I think we need to move on and not go on about it too much, we'll just end up sounding as bitter as maureen. Only the other week he was banging on about Luis Garcias goal again.

As fans we're a proud bunch and I'd find it a bit disconcerting to hear someone in a years time sayin "we wuz robbed" like they do. Having said that I think in the short term we should all get it out of our system.

WE WERE F***ing ROBBED.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #845: May 06, 2012 11:38:31 am
      We left it too late, if we played properly in the first 60 minutes we wouldn't of had to dispute this goal.
      But we played as properly as we could with that particular midfield set up. Henderson made two decent passes and two decent tackles all the match. Spearing ? sorry, can't remember anything positive. Only thing that sticks in the mind is him giving posesion away. Johnson, always sideways and backwards, far too negative for an attacking wing back. Enrique, seemed to be done by the occasion and looked nervous as hell. Downing, see johnson, backwards and sideways, very few crosses of any quality. Bellamy, not one of his better games but always trying to have a go at them with little support going forward. Suares, too isolated and no chance of being effective with so little support or servive to feed off. Agger and Skrtel, overworked due to center mid being over run. Stevie G, once again inefective due to playing too deep trying to cover for Henderson and Spearing. Once we went 2 behind, with Carroll on and Stevie in a more forward role, we took control and had them on the run. To little to late. If we carry on next season with this lot we will be lucky to stay in the top 10. To many of our first choice players are really only squad players, and should be used as back up. We deffo need a decent poacher and a creative midfielder with some bottle and attitude. I thought the first half was some of the poorest footy i've watched us play this season. 60 mins on, we could and should have gone on and won it. Carroll was awesome and hope to see a lot more of him in this form. I had a terrific day out, great time with the lads at 'The Torch' before the game,
      Dissapointed with the first half, proud of the effort in the second half, pissed off with the result but had a memorable day out on the ale with my lad.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #846: May 06, 2012 12:08:43 pm
      But we played as properly as we could with that particular midfield set up. Henderson made two decent passes and two decent tackles all the match. Spearing ? sorry, can't remember anything positive. Only thing that sticks in the mind is him giving posesion away. Johnson, always sideways and backwards, far too negative for an attacking wing back. Enrique, seemed to be done by the occasion and looked nervous as hell. Downing, see johnson, backwards and sideways, very few crosses of any quality. Bellamy, not one of his better games but always trying to have a go at them with little support going forward. Suares, too isolated and no chance of being effective with so little support or servive to feed off. Agger and Skrtel, overworked due to center mid being over run. Stevie G, once again inefective due to playing too deep trying to cover for Henderson and Spearing. Once we went 2 behind, with Carroll on and Stevie in a more forward role, we took control and had them on the run. To little to late. If we carry on next season with this lot we will be lucky to stay in the top 10. To many of our first choice players are really only squad players, and should be used as back up. We deffo need a decent poacher and a creative midfielder with some bottle and attitude. I thought the first half was some of the poorest footy i've watched us play this season. 60 mins on, we could and should have gone on and won it. Carroll was awesome and hope to see a lot more of him in this form. I had a terrific day out, great time with the lads at 'The Torch' before the game,
      Dissapointed with the first half, proud of the effort in the second half, pissed off with the result but had a memorable day out on the ale with my lad.

That's one hell of a large paragraph Gerns, my hangovers just self imploded. ;D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #847: May 06, 2012 12:10:13 pm
      Ah how disappointing was that result... 60mins we looked like we couldnt be arsed... Andy Carroll showed more heart and belief in 30mins than the hole team did in the previous 60!

Henderson and Spearing together in the centre of the park is a disaster... negative football is an understatement! Think Suarez received the ball to his feet once in the 60! Downing is such a let down, honestly feel like he hopes players dont pass to him... Takes the easy option for a pass instead of trying to go by a player EVERYTIME!

At the end of the day Kenny was at fault for the selection but the players were at fault for the lack of everything! It was an FA Cup final for god sake!

Chelsea had nothing other than the 2 goals and forward passing.... We had nothing either to be fair until 60 min and then we were playing the way we should have played from the off... If Andy was on from the off would he have been playing like that for 90? Doubt it but would of been better 4-4-2 than 4-5-1 with 2 dm's!

Bellers is better as an impact sub for me... very poor yesterday!

MOTM the Big Man...

Shoot that season with both barrels outta your minds lads....

Next years our year! Ha Even I dont believe that one... Ha 2 seasons of consistent improvement and we might be in a position to challenge!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #848: May 06, 2012 12:27:21 pm
      To be honest I think we only grew into the game yesterday because Chelsea took their foot off the gas with the Champs League final in mind, they thought the job was done, then when took control in the middle of the park they struggled to get any control at all.

Either way you look at it though you can't turn up for 30 minutes of a football match and expect to get a result and we've done it far too many times this season.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #849: May 06, 2012 12:31:35 pm
      To be honest I think we only grew into the game yesterday because Chelsea took their foot off the gas with the Champs League final in mind, they thought the job was done, then when took control in the middle of the park they struggled to get any control at all.

Either way you look at it though you can't turn up for 30 minutes of a football match and expect to get a result and we've done it far too many times this season.

This.

But the question is .. why?

Why do we always only start playing when we're losing with 25 minutes left? Why can't we do it from the start?

If it happens once every five games, I can accept but it has happened far too many times.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #850: May 06, 2012 01:23:16 pm
      We gave two soft goals away but apart from that I am proud of the lads the way they stuck to it and bombarded their penalty box in the 2nd half.

Cannot fault the commitment and effort and with a couple of additions next season we will be up there fighting.

Andy Carroll deserves a special mention, he was a man possessed and if he plays like that next season god help the opposing defenders.

Well done lads, hold your head up high.

This.

Quick Reply