Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Luis Suarez
      2 (1.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      158 (90.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      6 (3.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (4.6%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: May 10, 2012 08:54:45 pm

F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.

Read 58955 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Re: F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.
      Reply #851: May 06, 2012 01:44:58 pm
      We didn't deserve to win, it's a shame Andy's chance wasn't given because he deserved it for giving it everything when he came on the pitch, who along with Agger and Skrtel were the only players that looked like they gave a damn yesterday.

We as a team still need a goalscorer.

And well done to the travelling kop yesterday for booing the national anthem, why the F**k should we sing a country's anthem that has denied us justice for 23 years!

I know we should have been playing the whole 90 minutes the way we finished and we wouldn't have needed this, but here is the computer image ITV did after the game showing how far the ball went in for that disallowed goal.

Still doesn't beat Luis Garcia's
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #852: May 06, 2012 01:55:31 pm
       Some observations from the poncey corporate seats on the halfway line:

It was a poor first half generally. I didn't think they were that much better than us, it was just that they got the goal.

Ramirez is a good player and has blistering pace. he troubled Enrique (who's no slouch) constantly, and did so for the first goal.

Reina should definately have saved the first goal, and on a good day might have saved the second.

Neither Jordan Henderson nor Jay Spearing had any impact whatsoever upon the game for the first hour. They were dominated by Chelsea's midfield.

Henderson lacks the gears to track his man back if the bloke attacks with conviction. He tries to pass his man on to a defender, even if the defender is occupied.

Gerrard retains tonnes of ability but doesn't have quite the box to box capability that he used to.

Suarez needs to keep the ball better than he does. He is a jack in the box with tricks up both sleeves but too often he attempts a low percentage option in an area of the pitch where he's not going to hurt them even if it comes off.

Downing and Enrique cancel each other out, they are awful together currently.

Carroll when he's on his game is an awesome sight. He wins headers where he really has no right to win them, and is quicker in real life than he looks on the telly. We need to find a way to get him angry during matches.

Wembley is a good stadium, and our fans are fantastic.

Wembley Stadium Fish and Chips are absolutely sh!t.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,005 posts | 3352 
      Reply #853: May 06, 2012 02:02:53 pm
      Didn't deserve to lose but costly mistakes have just ruined our chance of a domestic Cup double. But sh*t happens. It's disappointing but I saw the fight and pride that I want to see in my Liverpool side. Can't complain about that yesterday. I'm one F***ing proud Red after that performance. Gives us a platform to build on for the summer.

Not gonna into detail about the match as it's probably all been done, but like most of the season we were the better side and lost.

Ah well, still proud of the boys yesterday and the fans.

Always next year anyway!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #854: May 06, 2012 02:32:31 pm
      Every time Downing and Enrique play together they get in each others way they just dont match up as a pair.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #855: May 06, 2012 02:42:46 pm
      I don't know about everyone else, but I thought the starting XI had the right idea. Without Lucas playing, we needed three in the midfield to start. The problem was Spearing and Henderson were dreadful. Spearing much more than Hendo. And we should have played with inverted wingers, but other than that I don't think the selection was terrible. I remember people being generally pleased when the team news came out.

Every time Downing and Enrique play together they get in each others way they just dont match up as a pair.

Yep. They're morons together.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #856: May 06, 2012 04:38:03 pm
      I fully understand the anger about it and I'm F***ing pissed off myself about it but I think we need to move on and not go on about it too much, we'll just end up sounding as bitter as maureen. Only the other week he was banging on about Luis Garcias goal again.

As fans we're a proud bunch and I'd find it a bit disconcerting to hear someone in a years time sayin "we wuz robbed" like they do. Having said that I think in the short term we should all get it out of our system.

WE WERE F***ing ROBBED.
      We didn't turn up for the first half but deserved something for the second and the disallowed goal was a F***ing joke, of course it was in. How the F**k could the linesman make a categoric decision that the ball didn't cross the line when it was humanly impossible for him to make such a judgement?
      F***ing stinks.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #857: May 06, 2012 04:45:06 pm

Enrique did Downers job. Whose the winger ?

Any way.

Lets play these Chavs for 90 f ...ing minutes this time.

Can we get the pre match thread up.

I just want to get in some choice comments in how they are not going to get the Champions League qualification they crave ....how Bayern will smash them at the Allianz ....and winning a Cup by the width of a disallowed goal is the best they can muster for 2012.

TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #858: May 06, 2012 04:45:42 pm
      just got back and have not read all the thread but this is my take: You cannot play against any premiership midfield with Hendo and Spearing especially an experienced one like Chelski's! All games are won in the midfield and we never had one until the hour mark! Coupled with a first half comedy duo of Enrique and Downing I thought, in a sense, we were lucky they got the early goal because they sat back on it. Bellers didn't seem to know where to play and I think that is partly down to the ineptitude of the aforementioned players.

Also Pepe had an off day both for the goals and distribution. I think he needs a bit more competition for a starting place!

Carroll was absolutely superb. He lifted the team and the fans: if only he started!

I'll leave it at that because I don't want the result to ruin the great spectacle of going to the final. I was proud of the way they played in the last half hour but ultimately too little too late!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #859: May 06, 2012 04:51:54 pm
      As much as Terry is the lowest possible form of life he does make sure that nobody hides in his team.What i would give now for another Souness in the side.
      I think Adam has been judged harshly he and Lucas were playing well together and big Andy has been a revelation these last 4 weeks.Kenny must be thinking I played with Souness, McMahon Whelan etc how in Gods name am I supposed to create a winning side with Henderson and Spearing.
      I just wanted us to go out and have a real go at them but we sh*t ourselves for an hour before Andy took the game by the scruff of the neck.
      Maybe in the long term losing will prove to be a good thing as Kenny will want to look hard at the summer transfers this time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #860: May 06, 2012 05:59:59 pm

Agree and while they were either passing to each other and standing still watching it took Agger to make two or three runs to show them how to attack a team.

Downing in particular really disappointed me as he had a great chance to dominate his wing as I think Bosingwa is as bad a full back, defending wise, as there is bug too many times he received the ball from Jose and the. Just stopped hoping to pass back to him.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #861: May 06, 2012 06:26:10 pm
      As much as Terry is the lowest possible form of life he does make sure that nobody hides in his team.

Utter F***ing gobs***e would probably be too nice a term to describe him as a person, but when people look for an example of a very good captain, John Terry (on the field ONLY) is generally speaking (give or take a few racist shouts "allegedly" - try sue me now, bitches!!) an excellent example of how things should be done IMHO.

Bummed about the result, not going to waffle on too much about the game because I feel most things have already been said.

Onwards and upwards fellow Reds.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #862: May 06, 2012 06:43:24 pm

And well done to the travelling kop yesterday for booing the national anthem

Was in my car there with Talksport on (I know, I know) and one of the headlines was that Liverpool fans have been branded "a national disgrace" from "some of the major tabloids" after booing the national anthem yesterday!

Very proud of that story.

Branded a "national disgrace" from the tabloids! Fkn brilliant!

Absolutely ridiculous "story"

F**k the tabloids.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #863: May 06, 2012 07:11:26 pm
      Was in my car there with Talksport on (I know, I know) and one of the headlines was that Liverpool fans have been branded "a national disgrace" from "some of the major tabloids" after booing the national anthem yesterday!

Very proud of that story.

Branded a "national disgrace" from the tabloids! Fkn brilliant!

Absolutely ridiculous "story"

F**k the tabloids.
      F**k them all and their F***ing stupid land of hope and glory F***ing sh*t.
      Patriotism is another establishment tool used to great effect when they need a reason to implement their measures, such as sending our young men off to die in one of their wars.
      F**k them all.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #864: May 06, 2012 07:12:32 pm
      Some fans living up to the Victim tag. It's like we have had a cancer sweep through the club. Get rid of the overpaid deadwood. Get youngsters in, ones who will be proud to wear the bird. F**k unlucky and robbed. We used to win, we used to deserve it. We lose, we deserve that.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #865: May 06, 2012 07:15:08 pm
      Have to agree completely.
      You reap what sow
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #866: May 06, 2012 07:18:43 pm
      Not sure if anybody has already said this but I would much rather have Luis Garcia much disputed goal in '05 an go on to win the champions league than miss out on that goal that would have took it to extra time.

No excuses though, first hour or so we were just soo weak, it seemed like every player was soo afraid to do something a little creative an tried to always play the simple backpass which just didnt work out at all
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #867: May 06, 2012 07:22:05 pm
      Having beaten Chelsea twice this season (albeit they have upped their form since then), it was sickening to watch Liverpool play so poorly for the first period. Certainly the first 10 mins. I had expected that with our cup experience, and having already won a trophy at Wembley not too long ago, we'd be ready to play! But no. We looked nervous, and unsure of what to do.

Plenty of balls not reaching our man, and Enrique in particular stood out to me to be extremely woeful. Many have blamed Spearing for that first goal, but in my mind, the culprit was Enrique. He was slow, not determined enough and gave up his ground. He cost us the 1st goal against Cardiff in similar fashion. Going forward he offered little too.

A lot of comments appear to say that Chelsea deserved to win. I strongly disagree. Chelsea were not good yesterday. We however were very poor. That's what made the difference. Chelsea were not playing good football, and without the poor defending for the first goal, a 0-0 at half time would have been a better reflection of the game.

Second half, and I expected to see improvements, but instead we continued the same way. Poor. One point that has stood out a lot to me throughout this season is the tendency for our players to hang back and pass the ball around in defence. No urgency. Yesterday, we saw the same. A goal behind, and no real desire to go and score. It wasn't until we had conceded a second, and brought Carroll on (for a very poor Spearing) that we changed.

Carroll was immense. I have not been critical of him at all this season, and I was happy to see him display his ability and value to the team. A fantastic first goal, and a great second.

We dominated the last 30+ minutes, and deservedly got the goals. Chelsea didn't 'sit back and look to the Champions League', we bossed them about and simply played better. They were trying. They changed nothing after their 2nd goal. We simply improved, and that was the difference.

That 2nd goal was just reward, and we were certain to get a 3rd. Oh, yes... well we would have. Unfortunately, as we all know... we were robbed that 2nd goal. I have no complaints at the referee (he couldn't have known for certain), but I am annoyed by the injustice of it!

This is the same Chelsea who 'scored' with the ball half a metre away from the line. John Terry admitted he knew the ball hadn't crossed the line, but joined his team mates in deceiving the ref. A total injustice. Then come the final, we actually score, and are not awarded the goal. Truly frustrating. Chelsea won twice with those decisions.

In all, a truly disappointing start to the game. 60 mins in fact! However, I strongly disagree that "chelsea deserved to win". At 2-0 down, I was just hoping to keep their score down. But things changed, and we totally dominated the last period. Deservedly scoring, and unjustly having our 2nd goal ruled out.

That changed everything. If England had lost a world cup in such fashion, the media would have gone mad. However, the day after, and still, the media ignore a perfectly good 2nd goal, and award Chelsea as if they are a fantastic team, deservedly going for their own double. They were lucky yesterday. That's all. At least acknowledge it!

seanmalonelfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • OOOH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!
      Reply #868: May 06, 2012 07:46:18 pm
      listen, lets not whine about whether that goal was in or not because no-one can know. how about concentrating on how well we fought back YET AGAIN in a final and in the end were millimetres away from equalising
      also anyone making statements such as "carroll should of started" or "kenny picked the wrong midfield" are clearly idioits and never seem to make these statements before the game and never seem to offer what they would have done but just love to look in hindsight
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #869: May 06, 2012 07:51:29 pm
      sh*t happens. Get up and spank them on Tuesday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8523 
      Reply #870: May 06, 2012 08:09:41 pm
      sh*t happens. Get up and spank them on Tuesday.

Actually feel sick about the thought of playing them again Tuesday.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #871: May 06, 2012 08:11:13 pm
      I just want Carroll to finish what he started and smack in a hat trick and take a sh*t on Torres' face.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #872: May 06, 2012 08:25:32 pm
      Andy to start Tuesday and nexy Sunday - ABSOLUTE MUST please Kenny get him fired up for next season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,281 posts | 763 
      Reply #873: May 06, 2012 08:38:30 pm
      We have tickets for Tuesday's game, travelling up from North Wales, setting off about 5, have mixed feelings about the game, hoped to see the Reds parading the FA cup, that won't happen now but never mind. Anyone else planning on going to the game.

Quick Reply