Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Luis Suarez
      2 (1.1%)
      Andy Carroll
      158 (90.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      6 (3.4%)
      Daniel Agger
      8 (4.6%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: May 10, 2012 08:54:45 pm

F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.

Read 58552 times
      seanmalonelfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • OOOH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!
      Re: F.A. Cup Final: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea. In Game & Post Match Dissection.
      Reply #874: May 06, 2012 10:28:58 pm
      We have tickets for Tuesday's game, travelling up from North Wales, setting off about 5, have mixed feelings about the game, hoped to see the Reds parading the FA cup, that won't happen now but never mind. Anyone else planning on going to the game.

yeah ill be going mate, i was hoping to be looking at the cockney tw*ts from a bouncing kop but ill just be looking at smug cockney tw*ts from a flat kop

andy carroll hattrick should sort that out though eh ;)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #875: May 06, 2012 10:48:25 pm
      Must admit, I would love to see Carroll score a couple of goals to win the game, sweet revenge so soon.
      seanmalonelfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • OOOH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!
      Reply #876: May 06, 2012 11:05:32 pm
      hope torres plays aswell, i have come to respect him again because he has since praised all liverpool fans and apparently spent 20 minutes in the liverpool dressing room after yesterday consoling the players so im over the "big club" comments but i shall still jeer him to keep me entertained
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #877: May 06, 2012 11:43:58 pm
      Actually feel sick about the thought of playing them again Tuesday.

Get your head together soft lad! Take it on the chin and send them a message about how F***ing grim their club is compared to our red history.

We'll give them that cup yesterday. They've been building for over seven years up to that win over us. They wouldn't have had it a few years ago.

We're just starting off. And yesterday showed it in abundance.

All the way through the first half we were set up to make them comfortable at the back. In other words, we anticipated a lot of attack. We were too defensive.

We should never have started with Downing - less danger than Danger Mouse after Penfolds stag do in the Dam! Permanently. Get shut. Might be a decent lad, but LFC is far too big for him.

We should never have started with Henderson. He showed even less guts than he did in the previous game at Anfield against Fulham. In fact, I made a point of watching his movement throughout the game as I had a good spec in the rafters. He stayed tight, in a particular area in midfield and very rarely ventured out of it. Even when Chelsea were advancing. I'm sorry, but he needs to learn that he can express himself a whole lot more next season.

Spearing needs to remember what got him where he is. Moving up to the first team he was a lot more controlled and certain about his play. Yesterday he looked like a lost lamb in a mint sauce factory.

Gerrard was dropping far too deep and in turn isolating the F**k out of Suarez. Bellamy is not a 90 minute player - don't start him. (literally sometimes)

Not much gripe with defence apart from sleepy Enrique and Pepe being a let down at the near post for their first goal. He's better than that. He needs to sort his head out.

Thank F**k Carroll came on!! He illuminated the Liverpool attack, put the shits up their defence, rendered them toothless and gave the rest of our team time and space to play the ball.

If only we hadn't been so defensive starting an FA Cup final. Kenny has to take the blame for that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #878: May 07, 2012 12:02:38 am
      My only post in this thread.

You can't (as a team) expect to only play for one third of a match and get a result against a good side, which chelsea are.

If we'd played for 90 minutes as we did for the last 30, we would have won it.

I'm disappointed, but hopeful that we learn the lessons we have to from this game.

Fair play to Carroll, the man was a f***in beast when he came on, but the match was lost in the first hour.

I'm gutted for the supporters, the team and KK but hopefully we'll move on and be stronger for it.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #879: May 07, 2012 01:10:03 am
      I am living for the Tuesday payback.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #880: May 07, 2012 02:41:55 am

Me too mate. Don't let their c**t fans in the ground! cu*ts.

Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #881: May 07, 2012 10:20:09 am

Strangely , I really don't. I Had a bad feeling about Saturday and couldn't get as excited as usual for a final , but that could be down to the stupid kick off time.
      I can't wait for Tuesday , I hope we show them just what we Can do. I feel very confident .
      I'll be shouting and singing 'til I'm hoarse , we need to get the atmosphere back to where it used to be , ready for next season , and Tuesday will be a good rehearsal.
      Come on you Reds. YNWA.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #882: May 07, 2012 01:16:17 pm
      Get your head together soft lad! Take it on the chin and send them a message about how F***ing grim their club is compared to our red history.

We'll give them that cup yesterday. They've been building for over seven years up to that win over us. They wouldn't have had it a few years ago.

We're just starting off. And yesterday showed it in abundance.

All the way through the first half we were set up to make them comfortable at the back. In other words, we anticipated a lot of attack. We were too defensive.

We should never have started with Downing - less danger than Danger Mouse after Penfolds stag do in the Dam! Permanently. Get shut. Might be a decent lad, but LFC is far too big for him.

We should never have started with Henderson. He showed even less guts than he did in the previous game at Anfield against Fulham. In fact, I made a point of watching his movement throughout the game as I had a good spec in the rafters. He stayed tight, in a particular area in midfield and very rarely ventured out of it. Even when Chelsea were advancing. I'm sorry, but he needs to learn that he can express himself a whole lot more next season.

Spearing needs to remember what got him where he is. Moving up to the first team he was a lot more controlled and certain about his play. Yesterday he looked like a lost lamb in a mint sauce factory.

Gerrard was dropping far too deep and in turn isolating the F**k out of Suarez. Bellamy is not a 90 minute player - don't start him. (literally sometimes)

Not much gripe with defence apart from sleepy Enrique and Pepe being a let down at the near post for their first goal. He's better than that. He needs to sort his head out.

Thank F**k Carroll came on!! He illuminated the Liverpool attack, put the shits up their defence, rendered them toothless and gave the rest of our team time and space to play the ball.

If only we hadn't been so defensive starting an FA Cup final. Kenny has to take the blame for that.

That's me told boss!!

Bring on the cockney F***ing bas**rds by the score.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #883: May 07, 2012 01:32:15 pm
      Lets tw*t them. Rape an pillage, and put a boot through Terry's face while your at it lads.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #884: May 07, 2012 01:44:59 pm
      Sorry to disapoint, but Tuesday will be more of the same I fear. If Henderson starts in the middle with Spearing or Shelvey, that can only mean Gerrard playing a deeper defensive role again. Our creativity and drive will be in front of our back 4 instead of in front of their back 4. Kuytt needs to start to bring some energy and urgency to the side, Johnson needs to get down the line more often which he will do if Kuytt can cover for him, as does Downing/Enrique on the other side. Can't understand why we are so negative when we've got the ball of late. We have played some decent stuff but failed to find the net, now we seem scared to get at teams incase we concede, but that's just how the oppositions chances are created.
      Henderson is far too lightweight and only looks decent when Stevie is alongside and drives him on, and Spearing is not as good as Danny Murphy. Squad players at best. Get real people, as much as you want to support every one in a red shirt, they are just not good or consistent enough,  to take this team forward.
      Still want us to beat these rent boy tw*ts and think we will do it 2 or even 3 - 0 but mainly on the grounds that 4th will be gone for them and they will have one eye on Munich.
      As long as Lucas comes back as good as he went out, that will free Stevie up for a more advanced role but he needs another quality player alongside him. If not 8th at best next year.  Sorry for the mixed bag of topics here, just an overall personal view.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #885: May 07, 2012 02:53:49 pm
      I'm still f***in gutted after Saturday, deflated, looking at the Kenny's team had me filled with hope and confident,but once again our so called key players were a let down, ie, Hendo, Downing, and Spearing, Downing in particular looked lost, the occasion got to him, he just hasn't got what is needed, we need consistency week in week out, more effort and to play as if you care,
       Hendo to me just isn't ready for a club as big as we are, and i mean throughout the season not just the final, what he is capable of you can count in one hand the times he has produced, that simply, is not good enough,
      granted he has played out of position for most of his appearences, but even when he has been in his favoured role he has hardly set the world alight, he needs time to develop more, he needs to put himself about more and stamp his authority, imo he looks like he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag, so a spell in the gym to muscle up would help,

Jay I'm afraid was shown up to what his level is, and that is way behind what is required, now to be fair he has been dropped in at the deep end to cover what Lucas brought, but there is a chasm in the difference between them, i take my hat off to Jay,he has stepped up and tried his best and thats all you can ask for, he has shown glimpses now and again but, again it's quality that is needed and Jay falls short,

it's hard to pick out anyone in particular from the final who was head and shoulders above the rest, the big fella made a impact when he came on and with a extra bit of luck would have brought us et,

we made Chavs look good,because we were so poor, we were better second half but we could hardly be worse, a bit more application and effort 1st half and the result would have been different, they couldn't cope with us those last 20 mins and had we got that equaliser there was only one winner,

the goal that wasn't is irrelevant, was it in or not? one angle says no another from above says well over the line, refs and lino's have seconds not replays to ponder over,

our season is finished now, league position doesn't matter so much,only local pride, lets build from now for next season, in our remaining games, i'd make some real changes, get some of the kids in, Sterling, Soso, Adorjan, Wisdom etc, given some playing time, even just for the experience of playing against prem opposition,small steps lead to giant strides,

it's been a hugely disappointing season, not entirely the fault of the clubs, losing Lucas was massive, and in truth no one could imagine how much we missed him, Suarez's 8 game sabbatical another factor, hitting woodwork 31 times cost us so many points,

i believe we should have been at least challenging for that controversal 4th spot had we had a normal season, that imo is where our real position should be, but the league table doesn't lie and we have to accept it, whether that be 7th 8th or 9th,

it may very well be our worst finish for 40 odd years, and that is hard to take, but we have a good base, we have a season's experience under our belt's under Kenny and we can only improve, i don't think things are as bad as they seem, playing some great football, turning over most of our main rivals, reaching two cup finals winning one, there's a thin ine between winning and losing, had we won against Chavs we would be saying overall it's not been to bad a season, with only the CC it doesn't look great,

Kenny deserves at least another full season to put right what's needed, FSG need to back him and give what is needed, Director of football or not,kenny should be allowed to bring in those he feels will get us closer to what we all want,

we all want no 19, and no 6, at the moment we are 2-3 seasons away, next season i'll settle for a challenge for top 3, and maybe a domestic cup, but we really need to be back in the CL,

i will always want us to win everything we enter,the league being top of the list, in reality, one season at a time is the way forward, taking a step forward each time, PATIENCE is key as alway's the question is tho, have fsg got enough, only time will tell,

i'm expecting some big changes this summer, 2-3 top players coming in, some familiar faces going, but whatever, i'll be %100 behind Kenny and the lads again and alway's will be.

IKWT               YNWA
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #886: May 07, 2012 03:06:21 pm
      Sorry to disapoint, but Tuesday will be more of the same I fear. If Henderson starts in the middle with Spearing or Shelvey, that can only mean Gerrard playing a deeper defensive role again. Our creativity and drive will be in front of our back 4 instead of in front of their back 4. Kuytt needs to start to bring some energy and urgency to the side, Johnson needs to get down the line more often which he will do if Kuytt can cover for him, as does Downing/Enrique on the other side. Can't understand why we are so negative when we've got the ball of late. We have played some decent stuff but failed to find the net, now we seem scared to get at teams incase we concede, but that's just how the oppositions chances are created.
      Henderson is far too lightweight and only looks decent when Stevie is alongside and drives him on, and Spearing is not as good as Danny Murphy. Squad players at best. Get real people, as much as you want to support every one in a red shirt, they are just not good or consistent enough,  to take this team forward.
      Still want us to beat these rent boy tw*ts and think we will do it 2 or even 3 - 0 but mainly on the grounds that 4th will be gone for them and they will have one eye on Munich.
      As long as Lucas comes back as good as he went out, that will free Stevie up for a more advanced role but he needs another quality player alongside him. If not 8th at best next year.  Sorry for the mixed bag of topics here, just an overall personal view.

so you think we will go 4-5-1 after our first half performance last time?

I can't see Kenny doing it and we have nothing to loose, pretty sure we will go 4-4-2. He cant drop Suarez and Andy definitely needs a starting berth.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #887: May 07, 2012 03:12:25 pm
      No doubt about it that certain players let Kenny down. But he bought them for mega money so they were never gambles. Spending £20 million on downing and to have nobody else to service Carroll is scandalous. I like Henderson, don't even mind spending that sort of money on him as a future CM, but to buy him at that price to play wide right for most of the season wtf???

The worst thing that happened to Kenny was the huge pot of cash he got given, for most managers that would be incredible, for Kenny it could be what gets him the sack.

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #888: May 07, 2012 04:19:50 pm
      I'm not the type to lay blame and think the whole team is culpable for the result, but Spearing was really, really poor in the DM role. Mistakes by him cost us both goals I feel. Lampard absolutely walked right by him before passing to Drogba for #2. It was like watching a grown up vs. kids for that one. And Downing? Never seen anyone pass back to the left back so much.

I thought Henderson was good. Helped us keep the ball throughout the game. He's good at that. I have high hopes for him still. Carroll? I love you. He looks like he gives a sh*t and is throwing himself around everywhere and he's been great the past couple of weeks. Long may it continue.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #889: May 07, 2012 11:44:42 pm
      Fark for 2 days Ive been roaming the forum but could not find it within myself to post or comment on the match because it hurts so much.

Yes we were poor in the first half but the effort put in after Andy's introduction and a clear goal disallowed meant we did not deserve to lose it. We had a game plan for Chelsea but I think conceding so early and from a break dismantled that plan and it took us a long time to adjust and get our structure and shape back. In saying that Chelsea were poor and fortunate for their goals as they came from individual mistakes.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #890: May 07, 2012 11:50:00 pm
      A chance to redeem ourselves tomorrow night and deny them 4th spot.Drop Spearing and Downing.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #891: May 08, 2012 08:34:27 am
      I said before the game..... If Suarez is up top by himself, we would lose..... Unfortunately that has haunted me

I said to RedLFCBlood that Carroll must start, proven by his impact from the bench...

I thought we were poor for an hour, and good for half an hour...

We didnt deserve to win.

Now lets make sure Torres isn't playing in the champions league next season!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #892: May 08, 2012 11:58:56 am
      In hindsight Carroll should have played and Bellamy should have started on the left against Bosingwa. You can prepare all you like for games but when a complete F**k up happens for their first goal what hope have we got, it's happened to often this season.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #893: May 08, 2012 12:02:05 pm
      Plenty of balls not reaching our man, and Enrique in particular stood out to me to be extremely woeful. Many have blamed Spearing for that first goal, but in my mind, the culprit was Enrique. He was slow, not determined enough and gave up his ground. He cost us the 1st goal against Cardiff in similar fashion. Going forward he offered little too.

It was a poor goal to give away on THREE levels which is pretty frustrating. Spearing lost the ball, Enrique got caught out of position and then her failed to bring the player down which is what he should have done, and then Reina got beaten at his near post. It was a very poor goal to give away given that there were 3 opportunities to prevent it form happening.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #894: May 08, 2012 12:04:52 pm
      I said before the game..... If Suarez is up top by himself, we would lose..... Unfortunately that has haunted me

I said to RedLFCBlood that Carroll must start, proven by his impact from the bench...

I thought we were poor for an hour, and good for half an hour...

We didnt deserve to win.

Now lets make sure Torres isn't playing in the champions league next season!

It's not nearly as simple as that. We were superb at Norwich a week earlier playing with Suarez up top on his own. The problem was we played too deep, nobody got forward to support Suarez, Downing and Bellers were both tucked in and you had Stevie collecting the ball off the centre-halves when he should have been playing higher up the pitch. We didn't play a high line and we didn't press the ball. There were a whole bunch of reasons why we played poorly in the first half.

Quick Reply