Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread

Read 795434 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread
      Reply #4117: Oct 24, 2017 01:46:07 am
      I see Giggsy has thrown his hat in the ring for the blueshite job & Leicester's. 

Still hope they give good old Unsworth a go or even Drunken Duncan a go at the job :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4118: Oct 24, 2017 10:49:12 am
      I see Giggsy has thrown his hat in the ring for the blueshite job & Leicester's. 

To big of a job for Giggsy at this stage.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4119: Oct 24, 2017 07:56:39 pm
      To big of a job for Giggsy at this stage.

It's incredibly arrogant of Giggs to think he is too good for the lower divisions yet when a top job in the Premier League becomes available he's always first to put his hat into the ring.

Both are newly credited coaches with renowned playing careers but the difference between Giggs and Gerrard is that the latter is humble enough to realise that his status alone in the game doesn't mean he can walk into the managerial dugout of any top flight club in the country. If Giggs was honest and humble enough he'd take a job lower down the football league or start coaching the youth level at a Premier League club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4120: Oct 24, 2017 08:30:32 pm
      It's incredibly arrogant of Giggs to think he is too good for the lower divisions yet when a top job in the Premier League becomes available he's always first to put his hat into the ring.

Both are newly credited coaches with renowned playing careers but the difference between Giggs and Gerrard is that the latter is humble enough to realise that his status alone in the game doesn't mean he can walk into the managerial dugout of any top flight club in the country. If Giggs was honest and humble enough he'd take a job lower down the football league or start coaching the youth level at a Premier League club.

To be fair to Giggs though he managed Utd for a few weeks after Moyes and if he's confident of doing the job, then why not.

People could have easily of said the same about Kenny way back in 85.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4121: Oct 25, 2017 12:08:49 am

I suppose you could argue it's a form of arrogance Frankly. I also think Giggsy is a fool onto himself  as surely it would make sense to try your look in say a Championship side like Preston or Hull. That way you don't make yourself look like a fool. A Premiership side is far to big for Giggsy at this stage of his managerial career.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4122: Oct 25, 2017 07:33:11 am
      To be fair to Giggs though he managed Utd for a few weeks after Moyes and if he's confident of doing the job, then why not.

People could have easily of said the same about Kenny way back in 85.

But Kenny had Bob Paisley guiding him and we got the double in Kenny's first season as player manager.I wouldn't mind Giggs getting the Everton job and failing miserably.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4123: Oct 25, 2017 07:51:38 am
      I suppose you could argue it's a form of arrogance Frankly. I also think Giggsy is a fool onto himself  as surely it would make sense to try your look in say a Championship side like Preston or Hull. That way you don't make yourself look like a fool. A Premiership side is far to big for Giggsy at this stage of his managerial career.

Compared to someone like scholes who seems prepared to start low down the ladder it seems giggs expects football clubs to be like his women, falling on his lap
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4124: Oct 25, 2017 08:44:28 am
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #4125: Oct 26, 2017 09:47:37 pm
      Priceless...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4126: Oct 26, 2017 09:56:00 pm
      Some Everton fans living in fear at the prospect of them hiring a dinosaur like Allardyce ,Warnock and Moyes. As we all know, Goodison is the Jurassic Park of stadiums so if Sam Neil and Jeff Goldblum turn up there anytime soon then they'd better be F***ing worried.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4127: Oct 29, 2017 06:20:22 pm

Still hope they give good old Unsworth a go or even Drunken Duncan a go at the job :lmao:

Listening to Joey Barton on talksport today and he was so funny about Unsy.

Basically saying how can anyone take him seriously when he's waddling on to the team coach before the kick off.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4128: Oct 29, 2017 06:47:51 pm
      Listening to Joey Barton on talksport today and he was so funny about Unsy.

Basically saying how can anyone take him seriously when he's waddling on to the team coach before the kick off.

And said he was one of the worst left backs he had ever seen
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4129: Oct 29, 2017 07:40:00 pm
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #4130: Oct 29, 2017 08:30:16 pm
      I think they're in serious trouble of going down. They have no goal threat and they leak them in for fun.

They have no width, no pace, no quality. Pickford aside their signings have been muck.

This season feels a lot different. Usually you can guarantee three sh*t teams finishing in the bottom three or four but you can't any more. Look at the promoted clubs, they're all doing very well.

At the moment I dont think there are three teams worse than Everton. Unless they bring in an established manager who signs a couple of players in January they could well be doomed.

They have Watford, palace, saints, West Ham and huddersfield in their next five league games.  They need 10 points to pull them away from trouble but I think they'll get 4 or 5 max and that's when their own fans will worry if they're not already.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4131: Oct 30, 2017 05:11:04 am
      Radio Merseyside after the Leicester game was brilliant.

"Ahh, there's no talking to you Ronnie".

"Get Joe Royle and the dogs of war back".

They are genuinely worried about going down. They can't score, can't defend, got zero pace in the side and their £45 million marquee signing has been bombed out of the team.

The shout at the start of the season about our heads falling off may well come true.

If they go down I will be F***ing hysterical, laughing uncontrollably.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4132: Oct 30, 2017 10:06:01 am

They are genuinely worried about going down. They can't score, can't defend, got zero pace in the side and their £45 million marquee signing has been bombed out of the team.

The shout at the start of the season about our heads falling off may well come true.

If they go down I will be f**king hysterical, laughing uncontrollably.

They won't go down, their iranian sugar daddy will find another hans segers
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4133: Oct 30, 2017 03:29:02 pm

Had to google who the 45 million man was. Forgot they signed him
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4134: Oct 30, 2017 05:17:26 pm

It's weird because during the last season Wayne Rooney played for them before signing for Man Utd in 2004 they were quite close to being relegated. Maybe he's just finishing the job that he couldn't finish?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4135: Oct 31, 2017 06:23:23 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4136: Oct 31, 2017 11:09:44 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4137: Nov 01, 2017 12:22:22 am
      I really, really hope Unsworth gets the job, just so we can pull out the old "You're sh*t and your wife's the boss" song.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4138: Nov 01, 2017 07:22:25 pm
      Just been given the cold shoulder by the Wolves manager.

Not really more to add to that statement is there?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4139: Nov 01, 2017 09:59:49 pm
      Just been given the cold shoulder by the Wolves manager.

Not really more to add to that statement is there?

That's bloody desperate that.

Allardyce or Unsworth would be fantastic to see, although it could be painful for my sides.

Quick Reply