Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread

Read 795750 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread
      Reply #4968: Mar 02, 2020 11:52:58 pm
      Full disclosure, he did make a good double save near the end, but United's goal is on him.

He just reminds me of Mignolet.

Can save a pen and yes he makes some outstanding saves at times but not consistent and makes far too many errors.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4969: Mar 04, 2020 04:39:54 pm
       Everton parade is for the Ross Barkley goal yesterday? 

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4970: Mar 05, 2020 03:47:29 pm
      Everton CFO comments on coronavirus seems to be pulled out of thin air - good enough for a big headline in the Guardian though.

Irresponsible.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #4971: Mar 05, 2020 04:02:26 pm
      Everton CFO comments on coronavirus seems to be pulled out of thin air - good enough for a big headline in the Guardian though.

Irresponsible.

Here's the article -

The spread of coronavirus means it is likely Premier League matches will be played behind closed doors this month, a leading club executive has admitted.

Sasha Ryazantsev, Everton’s chief financial officer, said banning fans from matches in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus would be a decision “forced” on clubs. However with Italian authorities having taken the decision to play Serie A fixtures behind closed doors until April, the possibility of something similar in England is increasing.

“It would be a forced decision rather than one we would proactively engage in,” said Ryazantsev, who was speaking at the FT Business of Football Summit in London. “But the whole situation goes far beyond the world of sport. Of course nobody wants to play behind closed doors and I don’t think it’s inevitable at the moment that it will happen. But we feel it is quite likely it may happen in the coming weeks.”

The Premier League wrote to its member clubs this week asking them to prepare contingency plans for the virus, as the official government response moved from one of containment to trying to slow the spread of the disease. In the letter, the league suggested that an outbreak of coronavirus at just one club would make it difficult to complete the season.

While the Premier League’s official position remains “business as usual”, events are moving fast. In one example of changing behaviour, Gary Neville withdrew from a keynote speaking role at the Business of Football Summit, in compliance with a new policy from Sky Sports on coronavirus.

Stephen Zhang, the president of Internazionale, did speak at the event. He has been outspoken on the Italian response to coronavirus, calling the president of Serie A a “clown” for postponing Inter’s match against Juventus last weekend with less than 24 hours’ notice.

Zhang said he did not regret his choice of language. “A lot of people think my words are strong but when protecting people and safety words are never too strong,” he said. “We always have to deliver a positive message and take responsibility for the public. From a moral standpoint I thought [the Serie A approach] was completely wrong. We believe that safety and security of public health is the most important thing. Nothing can be compromised on this topic.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/05/premier-league-matches-closed-doors-coronavirus-everton
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4972: Mar 05, 2020 06:18:21 pm

I should add The Guardian's headline:

"Premier League 'likely' to go behind closed doors because of coronavirus"
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #4973: Mar 06, 2020 11:40:30 am
      I should add The Guardian's headline:

"Premier League 'likely' to go behind closed doors because of coronavirus"

I didn't add that because it's said in the article.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4974: Mar 06, 2020 04:45:38 pm
      I didn't add that because it's said in the article.

ok i was just pointing out the way headlines can emphasize the wrong point. IN a previous life as a journo, I often had to explain to people I was writing about that I didn't write the headline, which often bore little to no relation to what I had written. Not exactly the case this time, but the headline seems authoritative when in fact, it's one guy giving an opinion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4975: Mar 06, 2020 05:39:35 pm

Irresponsible.

Nowt to do with derby looming large. :laugh:

Surprised the blueshite haven't blamed us yet.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4976: Mar 08, 2020 03:26:32 pm
      Supose them being 4-0 down is our fault. Wich reminds me how many Evertonions dose it take to change a light buld ....none they would sit in the dark and blame us
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4977: Mar 08, 2020 05:09:33 pm
      Supose them being 4-0 down is our fault.

Saving themselves for the derby!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #4978: Mar 08, 2020 06:33:28 pm

So they can have a 25% chance instead of a 15% chance! ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4979: Mar 18, 2020 05:29:21 pm
      Just saw a dude wearing an Everton shirt at the supermarket.I gave him a cheery"blue and white sh*te,blue and white sh*te hello",got nothing back,not even a smile or nod.He had a bad hipster tache so maybe he just like chang beer!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4980: Apr 26, 2020 04:00:39 pm
      Hahaha loving the new pisstake moniker from reds about the blueshite - "High Horse FC"
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4981: Apr 26, 2020 09:44:12 pm
      I miss the laughs these cu*ts would give me every weekend
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4982: Apr 26, 2020 09:45:38 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4983: Apr 28, 2020 09:10:55 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4984: Apr 30, 2020 01:05:37 pm
      Angry Birds has an Everton tournament apparently.

I have no idea what that means (I'm assuming it's a game of some sort) but it sounds F***ing sh*te.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #4985: Apr 30, 2020 05:00:41 pm

Gotta be Sandra(Nerys Hughes) for me
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #4986: Apr 30, 2020 07:41:04 pm
      Angry Birds has an Everton tournament apparently.

I have no idea what that means (I'm assuming it's a game of some sort) but it sounds F***ing sh*te.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyiuifNagmc

Jordan Pickford, Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes have been transformed into Angry Birds Friends after Everton join forces with global gaming giant Rovio Entertainment.

Pickford, Mina and Gomes will be portrayed as the Green Pigs in the Angry Birds Friends game, with gamers able to catapult objects into the pigs with the Blues stars’ characters offering an increased level of points.   

The time-limited in-game tournament allows people from anywhere in the world to play against each other in a Goodison Park-themed arena.

Gamers only have between Thursday, April 30 and Wednesday, May 6 to take part in the Everton-themed tournament.

The game is available to download on mobile devices through the App Store, Google Play as well as being playable within a web browser through Facebook.

Everton and Rovio have collaborated on a number of innovative, engaging and award-winning campaigns over the past three years. In August 2018, Blues stars Theo Walcott, Cenk Tosun and Gylfi Sigurdsson became the first footballers to feature in an Angry Birds game. The Everton trio featured as ‘extra-rare five-star’ playable Angry Birds Evolution characters.

Angry Birds Friends can be played with family or friends and has had more than 149 million installs to date.

Everton’s shirt sleeve partnership with Rovio and the Angry Birds franchise, which has more than 4.5 billion downloads since the original game launched in 2009, was the Finland-based company’s first venture into Premier League football in 2017.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4987: Apr 30, 2020 11:22:08 pm

Amazing how they managed to get Pickford’s arms to scale.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4988: May 03, 2020 10:43:09 pm

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4990: May 10, 2020 05:06:37 pm