Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 17th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread

Read 802740 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread
      Reply #5083: Oct 03, 2020 06:18:08 pm
      I think they’ll do better with no crowds too, I’ve always thought they were a team that often bottled it because of the atmosphere... these empty stadiums might suit them, kinda like how I think Arsenal will benefit from no crowds, whereas teams who feed of that energy will struggle when a games not exactly going their way, like us, as good as we are, with Anfield on our side we could be even better.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5084: Oct 03, 2020 09:27:41 pm
      They have options and look quite strong - plus a very experienced top manager leading them. Should be interesting

I've never seen them play this well. Oct 17th can't come quick enough. Exciting times for Merseyside based on the last few weeks. Their playing like s top six side at the moment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5085: Oct 03, 2020 09:43:19 pm
      Think before people get carried away the 4 wins are agains west brom brighton and palace. The 1 jump out result is spurs on ghd opening day and spurs were gash

Well know more about our neighbours in 2 weeks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #5086: Oct 03, 2020 09:53:19 pm
      Think before people get carried away the 4 wins are agains west brom brighton and palace. The 1 jump out result is spurs on ghd opening day and spurs were gash

Look at it another way that's the difference an actual good coach can have on a squad.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5087: Oct 03, 2020 10:39:27 pm

Everton fans might get carried away but neutrals won't.  ;D It's the old adage you can only beat what's in front of you and in all four games done it in a nice fashion. They will get top six if continue to do so.

Big difference is the manager, he has what it takes whereas passed ones haven't. On a bonus side been some pretty good football too.

Don't worry though Brian they would still need to step it up a gear  or two in order to become your noisy neighbours  ;D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5088: Oct 04, 2020 03:44:46 am
      I don’t understand the hype around them at the moment and with people saying they’ve been impressed.

Have they actually watched their games?

They were very, very lucky they played spurs first game of the season. Spurs were flat, unorganised and they looked a yard off the pace. They were truly awful. If they played against each other tomorrow I’m pretty certain it would be a completely different game.

Second game they played West Brom at home. On paper it’s a straight forward win. Yet, until WBA went down to ten men, they were struggling against them. In the end they got the job done but if Gibbs had stayed on the pitch who knows. Still conceded two. 

Then they go to palace. This time on paper it’s a tricky fixture. They come away with the points after a shocking penalty decision which should never have been given.

Today was actually the most convincing I’ve seen them and from all their fixtures so far, it’s the one I’d give them most credit for. But again, conceded two.

They also conceded two to f**king Fleetwood when they’ve been playing strong teams in the league cup.

Before all the neutrals start wanking over them and talking sh*t about the top four, let’s see where they are around Xmas.

Fair play, they’ve gotten off to a good start, but I will honestly be gobsmacked if they’re in the top 6 come January.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5089: Oct 04, 2020 09:38:13 am
      I don’t understand the hype around them at the moment and with people saying they’ve been impressed.

They were very, very lucky they played spurs first game of the season. Spurs were flat, unorganised and they looked a yard off the pace. They were truly awful. If they played against each other tomorrow I’m pretty certain it would be a completely different game.

Second game they played West Brom at home. On paper it’s a straight forward win. Yet, until WBA went down to ten men, they were struggling against them. In the end they got the job done but if Gibbs had stayed on the pitch who knows. Still conceded two. 

Then they go to palace. This time on paper it’s a tricky fixture. They come away with the points after a shocking penalty decision which should never have been given.

Today was actually the most convincing I’ve seen them and from all their fixtures so far, it’s the one I’d give them most credit for. But again, conceded two.

They also conceded two to f**king Fleetwood when they’ve been playing strong teams in the league cup.

Before all the neutrals start wanking over them and talking sh*t about the top four, let’s see where they are around Xmas.

Fair play, they’ve gotten off to a good start, but I will honestly be gobsmacked if they’re in the top 6 come January.

Not so sure anyone wanking over them when it's just a opinion. I'll bet you £50 Everton are in the top 6 on Jan 2nd. The winner donates their winning to forum funds? Deal or no Deal?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5090: Oct 04, 2020 09:58:58 am

Watched every game and they’ve looked solid, James has looked impressive, Calvert been immense, Allan before his injury looked like he’d been playing in this league his whole life... in fact most of their players are doing fine from what I’ve seen, they’ve looked better than 17/18 of the other teams so far and that’s all you can try to do, be better than the rest...so I can’t see where you’re coming from, it sounds like more of a biased view to be honest. You have to give people credit when it’s due and they’re playing well and will be in the top 6 by the years end, I have no doubt. And IMO good! It’ll be nice to see both Merseyside teams doing well, just as long as they are under us mind you.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5091: Oct 04, 2020 10:26:53 am
      Not so sure anyone wanking over them when it's just a opinion. I'll bet you £50 Everton are in the top 6 on Jan 2nd. The winner donates their winning to forum funds? Deal or no Deal?

Instead how about I bet you 25 quid that they are at least 10 points behind us following the Jan 2 weekend matches?

I'm not bothered if they finish top 6. Might be a nice change, actually
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5092: Oct 04, 2020 11:43:34 am
      Watched every game and they’ve looked solid, James has looked impressive, Calvert been immense, Allan before his injury looked like he’d been playing in this league his whole life... in fact most of their players are doing fine from what I’ve seen, they’ve looked better than 17/18 of the other teams so far and that’s all you can try to do, be better than the rest...so I can’t see where you’re coming from, it sounds like more of a biased view to be honest. You have to give people credit when it’s due and they’re playing well and will be in the top 6 by the years end, I have no doubt. And IMO good! It’ll be nice to see both Merseyside teams doing well, just as long as they are under us mind you.

Can you wait till I get my bet on please as your doing me no favours with this post.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5093: Oct 04, 2020 11:44:53 am
      False dawn for the Toffees... few more games & they’ll be out the top 4..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5094: Oct 04, 2020 11:45:34 am
      Instead how about I bet you 25 quid that they are at least 10 points behind us following the Jan 2 weekend matches?

I'm not bothered if they finish top 6. Might be a nice change, actually

Not a chance, that's a completely different proposition  :lmao: Have I got mug written on top of my forehead  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5095: Oct 04, 2020 11:47:54 am
      False dawn for the Toffees... few more games & they’ll be out the top 4..

One of my Scouse mate who I've known for about 5 years from poker just come out of the closet and started texting about Everton. ?? I said didn't even know you were a fan.  :lmao:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5096: Oct 04, 2020 12:08:03 pm

No and I’ll explain why. I have a mate who supports Chelsea and I said to him all last season how sh*t they were - which they are. He said the same thing, bet £50 that Chelsea won’t finish top four and I took the bet. I then had to sit there for a season and watch Chelsea drop points all over the place while I was relying on sh*te like Leicester, wolves, tottenham, United, Sheffield United to all capitalise and they never did - it didn’t mean Chelsea were decent, it just meant they were all shi**er than Chelsea!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5097: Oct 04, 2020 12:11:12 pm
      No and I’ll explain why. I have a mate who supports Chelsea and I said to him all last season how sh*t they were - which they are. He said the same thing, bet £50 that Chelsea won’t finish top four and I took the bet. I then had to sit there for a season and watch Chelsea drop points all over the place while I was relying on sh*te like Leicester, wolves, tottenham, United, Sheffield United to all capitalise and they never did - it didn’t mean Chelsea were decent, it just meant they were all shi**er than Chelsea!

Not a problem, think you've done right thing being honest. Can't wait for the Derby.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5098: Oct 04, 2020 12:17:02 pm

Reading this post, I’m absolutely certain you haven’t watched their games in full. You’ve just watched highlights haven’t you? Or are you a blue?

James has done fairly well I agree. I think people are going a little over the top about him making out he’s Zidane when he’s just done well. Given 7-8 / 10 type performances against three weak teams and people are going nuts.

Calvert been immense? Has he? I know he’s bagged a few goals and as a striker that’s obviously his job, but you say he’s been ‘immense’?  He’s no different to shane long, works hard but he’s a crab. He’s earned some luck by working hard and being in the right place at the right time so he’s managed to score a few goals but he’s a crab and far from ‘immense’.

Allan looks like he’s been playing in the prem his whole life?! His performances have been 6-7/10 and another player the EV are going over the top on. He’s just done ok  :lmao:. Why are you making out he’s makelele?

I’ll tell you where I’m coming from. They’ve played four teams. Three of them will be in the bottom half this season And they were lucky to get wins against two of those teams. From those three teams, one of them will go down and another one may go down too but will certainly be involved in the relegation fight - they played both of them at home.

The only decent team they’ve played is spurs and it was first game of the season when they were miles off the pace, which happens. Look at city, they’re still off the pace now and were a couple of games in.

You’ve never been so sure they’ll finish top 6? See you in here in May. Think your post is going to age terribly but we’ll see.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5099: Oct 04, 2020 12:36:10 pm
      Not a problem, think you've done right thing being honest. Can't wait for the Derby.

Yep. Leicester 2-0 down at home to West Ham. I’m relying on sh*te like that.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5100: Oct 04, 2020 01:06:36 pm
      Reading this post, I’m absolutely certain you haven’t watched their games in full. You’ve just watched highlights haven’t you? Or are you a blue?

James has done fairly well I agree. I think people are going a little over the top about him making out he’s Zidane when he’s just done well. Given 7-8 / 10 type performances against three weak teams and people are going nuts.

Calvert been immense? Has he? I know he’s bagged a few goals and as a striker that’s obviously his job, but you say he’s been ‘immense’?  He’s no different to shane long, works hard but he’s a crab. He’s earned some luck by working hard and being in the right place at the right time so he’s managed to score a few goals but he’s a crab and far from ‘immense’.

Allan looks like he’s been playing in the prem his whole life?! His performances have been 6-7/10 and another player the EV are going over the top on. He’s just done ok  :lmao:. Why are you making out he’s makelele?

I’ll tell you where I’m coming from. They’ve played four teams. Three of them will be in the bottom half this season And they were lucky to get wins against two of those teams. From those three teams, one of them will go down and another one may go down too but will certainly be involved in the relegation fight - they played both of them at home.

The only decent team they’ve played is spurs and it was first game of the season when they were miles off the pace, which happens. Look at city, they’re still off the pace now and were a couple of games in.

You’ve never been so sure they’ll finish top 6? See you in here in May. Think your post is going to age terribly but we’ll see.
      You sound more bitter than the usual Everton fan  :lmao:

It doesn’t hurt your Red reputation or credit to admit they are playing well, and better than most teams in the league, it doesn’t take your manhood away or anything... Jesus....
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5101: Oct 07, 2020 01:39:49 pm
      I see a “Carlo Fantastico” has been graffitied on to Melwood.

Fukn small time gobshites it’s 4 games in let’s see where you will be in May.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #5102: Oct 07, 2020 02:11:23 pm
      I see a “Carlo Fantastico” has been graffitied on to Melwood.

Fukn small time gobshites it’s 4 games in let’s see where you will be in May.

Thank f**k it's an early kick off next Saturday. Literally counting down the seconds until we play these mongrel cu*ts
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5103: Oct 07, 2020 06:26:25 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5104: Oct 17, 2020 05:12:12 pm
      One c**t of an alehouse football club no doubt Duncan has taught them all they know ...utter cu*ts
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,184 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5105: Oct 18, 2020 12:06:00 pm
      Your still cu*ts

Quick Reply