Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (0.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (1.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (67.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (11.3%)

Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 38965 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness
      Reply #667: May 09, 2012 02:34:29 pm
      I appreciate that when you have the kind of bad luck that we have had this season it becomes hard to continue fighting to change things, but to a large extent I BELIEVE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK.  A little more fight, a couple of draws turned into wins and the confidence flows, chances don't get snatched at and you are on a roll.

100% agree mate. I could accept the "luck" argument through a single game, or through a small run of games, but not for the whole season. It's no surprise that Man Utd, for example, get so many late goals, and it was just last season or the season before that "Own Goal" was one of their main scorers :D It wasn't luck, it's because they kept the pressure till the end of the match.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #668: May 09, 2012 02:34:43 pm
      Cant believe they set up the team like they did.

Did they even have a midfield playing?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #669: May 09, 2012 02:36:39 pm
      Hopefully Bryan Munich can batter them in the final and send the into the Europa and then we can knock them out of that, hopefully in the Final with a ball that crosses the line, just.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #670: May 09, 2012 02:40:11 pm
      Hopefully Bryan Munich can batter them in the final and send the into the Europa and then we can knock them out of that, hopefully in the Final with a ball that crosses the line, just.

That would be a sweet turn of events
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #671: May 09, 2012 03:40:55 pm
      Question for those that were there, at the end of game when the SKY cameras were focusing on one or two players there was really loud booing being aimed at someone.

I know it wasnt directed at any of our boys - was it Torres applauding the KOP or anything like that?

Torres walking off the pitch. Very quickly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #672: May 09, 2012 04:40:33 pm
      Torres walking off the pitch. Very quickly.

His head was consistently bowed when they attacked the kop end in the first half, even when he had that shot that hit the bar, like he couldn't even look us in the eye.

We've got no regrets thanks to that devilish number seven we have, Torres has plenty!!

Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #673: May 09, 2012 04:44:49 pm
      Question for those that were there, at the end of game when the SKY cameras were focusing on one or two players there was really loud booing being aimed at someone.

I know it wasnt directed at any of our boys - was it Torres applauding the KOP or anything like that?

Torres was applauding towards the Chelsea fans mate.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #674: May 09, 2012 04:47:25 pm
      BBC seem to be stirring things or they  know something we dont. they  keep mentioning suarez could be facing punishment for the "suspected elbowing of ivanovic".
      really pissed off with that shiite from the BBC.
      1} it wasnt an elbow
      2)ref didnt deem any action necessary
      3)no mention of that poor victim ivanovic elbowing andy to give away the penalty and a certain red card not  being issued.
      4)no mention of the disgusting cowardly 2 footed jump on andy from behind by essien that  should have also  been a straight red
      5) if suarez is punished it will prove beyond a shadow of doubt there is an agenda against him/LFC.

scummy  BBC scum tw*ts.
      will be interesting to see what the papers have printed too.
      media scum.

If Suarez gets done then so should Torres for kicking Carra
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #675: May 09, 2012 05:25:49 pm

Not sure which 'newspaper' this is, so hopefully not committing the cardinal sin, but goes to show just what level sports 'journalism' in this country is at.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #676: May 09, 2012 05:32:50 pm
      Must have gave the ratings from his PES game ... how the f**k are our players all on 6 and Terry is on 8.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012 05:52:57 pm by Adryan »
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #677: May 09, 2012 06:11:12 pm

Not sure which 'newspaper' this is, so hopefully not committing the cardinal sin, but goes to show just what level sports 'journalism' in this country is at.

WOW!!! That is scary how wrong that is.

Reina 7
      Johnson 8
      Agger 7
      Carragher 8
      Skrtel 7
      Rodriguez 7
      Downing 7
      Henderson 8
      Shelvey 7
      Suarez 9 (they gave him 6 f**k off!)
      Carroll 9 (see above)

Turnbull 6
      Ivanovic 4
      Ferrera 6
      Terry 4 (they gave him 8, seriously WTF???!!!)
      Essien 6
      Romeu 6
      Bertrand 5
      Ramires 6
      Malouda 6
      Torres 6
      Sturridge 6

edit, were they even at the fkn game whoever they are?!?!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #678: May 09, 2012 06:19:52 pm
      Must have gave the ratings from his PES game ... how the f**k are our players all on 6 and Terry is on 8.

He should have been sent off for that.

Him and Mikel are dirty bas**rds.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #679: May 09, 2012 06:20:30 pm
      It was described on Radio 5 Live as a 'forearm smash' Good to see the licence fee money not going to waste

Sums up the bias against us from everyone this season.

He chased him then stuck his arm between his chin and his neck to pull him back then that absolute disgrace of a player Ivanovic goes down like he's been shot holding his eye. Blatant cheating, but it's fine because it's against us!

Even Alan Smith on Sky said Ivanovic made an absolute meal of it and it was between his chin and neck.

I think we get it now after this season. Everyone hates Suarez and everyone hates Liverpool FC.

Well not for the first time, I respond with, f**k them all! :D
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #680: May 09, 2012 06:23:07 pm

Looks like Express or Daily Mirror but thats guess. So somehow Chelsea have better ratings even though they lost 4-1?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #681: May 09, 2012 06:28:56 pm
      Awful tackle from Essien. Very very very lucky to not get sent off. Yet, more people are talking about an incident in which Suarez apologized straight away and offered his hand.

Those player ratings are shocking!!!! What rag is that from?!?!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #682: May 09, 2012 06:31:52 pm
      He should have been sent off for that.

Him and Mikel are dirty bas**rds.

Awful tackle from Essien. Very very very lucky to not get sent off. Yet, more people are talking about an incident in which Suarez apologized straight away and offered his hand.

Those player ratings are shocking!!!! What rag is that from?!?!

There was no way he was going to get the ball. Had no intention to even go for the ball, me thinks.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #683: May 09, 2012 06:48:00 pm
      Essien should have got two red cards: one for tackle from the back and second for two feet tackle.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #684: May 09, 2012 06:49:29 pm
      Hahaha that newspaper is hilarious, John Terry got an 8 and Andy Carroll got a 6. In fact I'm not even going to go into analysing it because it's just hilarious how wrong it is. As for the Essien tackle, I thought it when I saw it was a red card challenge, I also believe the Ivanovic elbow could of seen him sent off because it was violent conduct however it was no surprise to see both of them get away with yellows. Essien's tackle could of done serious damage, think he was trying to jump in front of Carroll and Andy pretty much put his leg in the way but still that is a disgraceful challenge and exactly what needs to be stamped out, could of so easily ended his career had he not slipped off at the end.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #685: May 09, 2012 07:48:12 pm
      Chelsea players had a hidden agenda, they were focussed on the champions league final. And did not want any injuries so there minds were eleswhere. Now if they lose the final no champions league for them,so torres will be stymied.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #686: May 09, 2012 08:03:15 pm
      I can't help but wonder how this game might have ended IF Ivanovic's header had gone in instead of rebounding off the post.....  The reason I pose this question is because theoretically, even if that shot goes in we still win 4-2.  However, I have seen it many times this season that as soon as we go behind, we sh*t ourselves and there is no belief that we can turn the game around. 

Last night's performance illustrated that when our lads are playing with confidence, they really can do some damage.  However, due to the inconsistent nature of our performances, I think the belief/confidence in the team has been very low this season.  I do think that in addition to a few smart transfers over the summer, our current squad can do much better next season, but we will need to start the season off with a few wins to help boost confidence and moral withing the ranks.  Let's hope that we can have a good preseason, and that some of our bad karma from this season comes full circle for the start of next campaign!! 

Overall, it was a very good performance from many of the lads.  Special shout outs go to Carrol for his effort, and Shelvey for his slick passing and composure in the middle.  I've been saying it for a while, but I think Jonjo is going to go on to be a bigger star than Hendo.  The lad is so passionate about the game, and that kind of determination partnered with the ability he has will take him very far!
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #687: May 09, 2012 08:17:50 pm
      Nice to see Stewart downing comes on the site.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #688: May 09, 2012 10:32:38 pm
      can people please stop talking about "essiens tackle on andy". it was a disgusting assault, not a tackle in a million years.
      thank you.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #689: May 09, 2012 10:48:23 pm

So true, same with skysports post match ratings, they go on player power for instance whenever Gerrard plays he gets about an 8 and last year when lucas was probably our standout player he'd get a 6 every game.

Those ratings are pathetic though, the fact that we won 4-1 surely means they were rather poor.

Quick Reply