Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (0.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (1.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (67.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (11.3%)

Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 38672 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness
      Reply #690: May 09, 2012 10:59:57 pm
      Must have gave the ratings from his PES game ... how the f**k are our players all on 6 and Terry is on 8.

That there is F***ing outrageous, the b***ard intentionally drove his boots into Andy's leg. As a professional sportsman the tools of his trade are weapons as are a boxers fists, he should be charged retrospectively.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #691: May 10, 2012 05:35:02 am
      Essien what a dirty piece of sh*t.

That could have been a career ending tackle. w**ker.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #692: May 10, 2012 07:16:21 am
      He's come out with some shockers in his career the dirty little b***ard.

Don't hold your breath for the FA to charge him. If it was on Wayne Rooney though....
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #693: May 10, 2012 07:48:48 am
      I'm not so sure.

If you watch the tackle carefully, the position of his head/face is in direct line with the ball, he's following the flight of the ball all the way. Also, although he goes in with both feet raised and studs showing, he does not thrust them out and down onto Carroll's legs. My thinking is that he did not intend fouling Andy.

Yes it was a ridiculous tackle and could have broken his leg, and yes it was a red card 3 match ban any day of the week - but I don't believe it was a vicious intentional career ending tackle. It was reckless and dangerous but not malicious.

Stupid? Beyond belief. Dangerous? Absolutely. Intentional? No.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #694: May 10, 2012 08:35:13 am
      I'm not so sure.

If you watch the tackle carefully, the position of his head/face is in direct line with the ball, he's following the flight of the ball all the way. Also, although he goes in with both feet raised and studs showing, he does not thrust them out and down onto Carroll's legs. My thinking is that he did not intend fouling Andy.

Yes it was a ridiculous tackle and could have broken his leg, and yes it was a red card 3 match ban any day of the week - but I don't believe it was a vicious intentional career ending tackle. It was reckless and dangerous but not malicious.

No way, the ball had gone.
      It was a tackle from behind.
      It was a two footed studs up job.
      He couldn't even see the ball from where he launched into the tackle - all he could see was Carroll's back.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #695: May 10, 2012 09:41:25 am
      I can't help but wonder how this game might have ended IF Ivanovic's header had gone in instead of rebounding off the post.....

Imagine how this season had gone IF we hadn't rattled the post about 40 times.

It's about time something went our way.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #696: May 10, 2012 09:54:26 am
      IF we hadn't rattled the post about 40 times.

How would 40 shots off target help us... ;)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #697: May 10, 2012 10:09:52 am
      I'm not so sure.

Disagree personally mate.

Perhaps before he left the ground his intention was to win the ball, but he soon realised there was no hope in hell he would reach it, he then intentionally went down the back of Carrolls legs to bring him down and stop the attack. An absolute shocker, and as you say a clear straight red. He's lucky Carrolls leg wasn't planted or it could of been much more serious.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #698: May 10, 2012 10:18:40 am
      He definitely begins to pull out of the challenge once he realises he's not in front of Carroll, horribly misjudged and potentially career ending but in my opinion not a direct assault, if he would of thrust his legs in an attempt to hurt Carroll he wouldn't of done the split you see at the end of the challenge and transfered his weight earlier to his hands in an attempt to pull out of the challenge as you can see, even so a disgraceful challenge and without doubt should of seen red.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #699: May 10, 2012 10:32:04 am
      He definitely begins to pull out of the challenge once he realises he's not in front of Carroll, horribly misjudged and potentially career ending but in my opinion not a direct assault, if he would of thrust his legs in an attempt to hurt Carroll he wouldn't of done the split you see at the end of the challenge and transfered his weight earlier to his hands in an attempt to pull out of the challenge as you can see, even so a disgraceful challenge and without doubt should of seen red.
      What was his intention? All he would have achieved if he had made contact was probably deflate the ball and bring Carroll down.
      He clearly went in with studs up and made no attempt to pull back, his chances of winning the ball were nil from the outset, he made full contact with his left leg initially and for good measure drove the other foot in as well.
      Red all day and if Carroll had sustained a serious injury he could have sued the f**ker.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #700: May 10, 2012 11:56:59 am
      Doesn't matter if he intended to do it or not, he injured Andy or not ... it was a tackle with two feet in the air.

Luckily for Andy, it came from behind, rather than in front because from behind, his knee bends. It would be much worse if it came from in front.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #701: May 10, 2012 12:19:21 pm
      What was his intention? All he would have achieved if he had made contact was probably deflate the ball and bring Carroll down.
      He clearly went in with studs up and made no attempt to pull back, his chances of winning the ball were nil from the outset, he made full contact with his left leg initially and for good measure drove the other foot in as well.
      Red all day and if Carroll had sustained a serious injury he could have sued the f**ker.

Oh I agree it could of ended Andy's career but can also see his intention of getting in front of Andy and getting his leg there first, as weird as you might think but Ivanovic's elbow was more violent than this in my opinion even though this could of easily had far worse consequences. I'm not in any way defending Essien just sharing my view that it wasn't a malicious pre-meditated assault and even in the small clip you can see him pulling out of the challenge the moment it shows Andy getting in front of him, you can see it if you just watch his knees and how he relaxs his leg to not cause damage. Reckless endangerment yes, violent and intent to harm no in my opinion.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #702: May 10, 2012 12:29:29 pm
      Sadly that's what sometime's happen's when once very good player's are past it.
      Remind's me of Keane at Celtic & Souness at Rangers.
      Can't believe how crap Essien has become he should be ashamed..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,954 posts | 8458 
      Reply #703: May 10, 2012 12:39:44 pm
      Can't believe how crap Essien has become he should be ashamed..

He's always been a dirty b***ard,  ask Didi Hamann about bad Essien challenges!!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #704: May 10, 2012 12:43:40 pm
      Yeah he's always been dirty but he was a beast of a player for a long time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,954 posts | 8458 
      Reply #705: May 10, 2012 12:46:04 pm
      Yeah he's always been dirty but he was a beast of a player for a long time.

Was he F**k, bag of horrible sh*te and turned into a bi*ch, once Javier started playing for us. And didn't have the class of Xabi!!

F**k him the Chelsea w**ker.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #706: May 10, 2012 12:56:16 pm
      Alright calm down lad.
      I agree he's a Chelsea w**ker but he was a top midfielder in my opinion.
      I'm not saying he was better than Mash or Alonso or anyone else for that matter.
      I'm just saying he was good once imo and now he's poor.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,954 posts | 8458 
      Reply #707: May 10, 2012 01:39:57 pm
      I'm just saying he was good once imo and now he's poor.

That's down to injuries he's had though.

I'm just saying i don't think he's a top midfielder, he was okay in this league but no world star.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #708: May 10, 2012 01:43:46 pm
       The Essien tackle was outrageous. When you think of what Jay Spearing got sent off for at Fulham when he won the ball clean as a whistle, it's a joke it really is.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #709: May 10, 2012 01:51:15 pm
      OK in this league are you saying our league is second rate in your opinion?
      I would have to beg to differ there aswell our league is still the world's best.

Just look at Wigan lately amazing & fair play to them. That would never happen
      in Spain or Italy our league is far far more competative & for me that's why it's the best.

Still reckon Essien was a top top player. Not a star i agree but players who play in that
      position generally aint.
      Our player most like him is my favourite player Lucas Leiva..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,954 posts | 8458 
      Reply #710: May 10, 2012 02:26:42 pm
      OK in this league are you saying our league is second rate in your opinion?
      I would have to beg to differ there aswell our league is still the world's best.

Just look at Wigan lately amazing & fair play to them. That would never happen
      in Spain or Italy our league is far far more competative & for me that's why it's the best.

Still reckon Essien was a top top player. Not a star i agree but players who play in that
      position generally aint.
      Our player most like him is my favourite player Lucas Leiva..

HA HA HA HA HA

F***ing hell chill your beans lid, I don't buy all of sky's sh*te, you ever watched some of the technical skill by players from La Liga, just look at the way Barca play the game, look at the way a large majority of players in that league only play 5 yard passes, excellent touches and keep the ball moving, now look at some of the players in our league, no F***ing comparison. Big deal about Wigan, they had to start playing or would of got relegated, happens every season from them.

I just don't believe the advertising sh*te about the Premier League. Simples!
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #711: May 10, 2012 02:45:09 pm
      HA HA HA HA HA

F***ing hell chill your beans lid, I don't buy all of sky's sh*te, you ever watched some of the technical skill by players from La Liga, just look at the way Barca play the game, look at the way a large majority of players in that league only play 5 yard passes, excellent touches and keep the ball moving, now look at some of the players in our league, no f**king comparison. Big deal about Wigan, they had to start playing or would of got relegated, happens every season from them.

I just don't believe the advertising sh*te about the Premier League. Simples!

It's described as the best league in the world for the competitiveness, not necessarily the technical quality of the football.

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #712: May 10, 2012 02:45:28 pm
      The Essien tackle was outrageous. When you think of what Jay Spearing got sent off for at Fulham when he won the ball clean as a whistle, it's a joke it really is.

That's a fair point.

The inconsistency in refereeing decisions really pisses me off. Essien's assault is a straight red all day long.

Quick Reply