Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (0.6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (1.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (4%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (9%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (67.2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (11.3%)

Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 38885 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea: In game and Post Match Happiness
      Reply #713: May 10, 2012 02:57:52 pm
      It's described as the best league in the world for the competitiveness, not necessarily the technical quality of the football.

So it's not the best then is it?

Excitement and competitiveness, fine but technical quality with a football is kind of what I look at in players.

jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #714: May 10, 2012 03:40:35 pm
      That's down to injuries he's had though.

I'm just saying i don't think he's a top midfielder, he was okay in this league but no world star.

That's crazy. Essien was mad good in his prime, I would've taken him over any of our actual midfielders except Gerrard. However, his knees kept and keep failing, and injuries have really taken a toll on his power. He was a F***ing unstoppable force some time ago, now he's just a shadow of the old Essien.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #715: May 10, 2012 03:55:20 pm
      Agreed. For two seasons, Essien was one of the best midfielders in Europe.

Fearsome
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #716: May 10, 2012 09:58:13 pm
      Still buzzing after that performance.  All that crap about Chelski still 'having it' after the FA cup was nonsense.  I am well and truly supporting Bayern in the CL final now and I hope Newcastle nick 4th (or 3rd). 

Loved the energy of Shelvey and Hendo in the middle, and Carroll - amazing.  I hope he keeps this up into next season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #717: May 11, 2012 08:59:32 am
      That's crazy. Essien was mad good in his prime, I would've taken him over any of our actual midfielders except Gerrard. However, his knees kept and keep failing, and injuries have really taken a toll on his power. He was a F***ing unstoppable force some time ago, now he's just a shadow of the old Essien.
      Always was a devious one with the bad challenges, as someone said as his skill levels decline so his bad challenges multiply to compensate.
      On another note fair play to Andy for not caving his F***ing head in.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #718: May 11, 2012 09:02:21 am
      Got to say Essien was one of the few Chelsea players I actually liked.

I don't think he intentionally wanted to injure Andy but that was a very poor tackle which I'd never expect from him. He did relax his legs, though but it's the intention of going two footed which I didn't quite like.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #719: May 11, 2012 10:33:20 am
      That's crazy. Essien was mad good in his prime, I would've taken him over any of our actual midfielders except Gerrard.

Well in my opinion he wasn't mad good and would I have F**k swapped him for either Alonso or Mascherano.

I just don't think he was that good for the role he played, wasn't as schooled in the role as say someone like Makelele or Hamman and seem to remember him making a tw*t of himself when playing at centre-back.

Plenty of other players I would personally have chosen above Essien.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #720: May 11, 2012 12:17:11 pm
      but that was a very poor tackle which I'd never expect from him.

What??!!

Essien is a very dirty player, can you not remember his awful tackle on Hamann, another on Pennant, and lots others? His first few seasons here, he had numerous reckless 'tackles'.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #721: May 11, 2012 12:18:57 pm
      What??!!

Essien is a very dirty player, can you not remember his awful tackle on Hamann, another on Pennant, and lots others? His first few seasons here, he had numerous reckless 'tackles'.
      I hope he is showing humour.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #722: May 11, 2012 02:07:42 pm
      Enough about Essien. F**k him and F**k those Chav cu*ts.

We beat that shower of sh*te 4-1. F**k it's been a while since we scored 4 and boy did it feel sweet. Just a pity it's come so late in the season.

Nice way to say farewell to Anfield till next season. All we need now is the boys to roll over Swansea and the Bitters to lose and we can at least finish above them. The last thing we need is our Brothers and Sisters in and around Liverpool hearing their sh*t all off season.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #723: May 11, 2012 02:19:36 pm
      HA HA HA HA HA

F***ing hell chill your beans lid, I don't buy all of sky's sh*te, you ever watched some of the technical skill by players from La Liga, just look at the way Barca play the game, look at the way a large majority of players in that league only play 5 yard passes, excellent touches and keep the ball moving, now look at some of the players in our league, no f**king comparison. Big deal about Wigan, they had to start playing or would of got relegated, happens every season from them.

I just don't believe the advertising sh*te about the Premier League. Simples!

The prem is the best for me I dont care what Sky say or do it is the most competitive
      & for that reason its the best.
      And saying what Wigan have done is no big deal is strange to me i think its a brilliant
      achievement.
      Personally i'd rather watch a blood & thunder war between us & the mancs every time
      over the so called "el Classico"
      They are almost like Celtic & Rangers they play each other so often. Only Messin calm down....

Sorry i know our league is not as good technically the players in Spain are better in lots
      of ways. But for excitement ,drama & above all competitiveness the EPL leaves it standing
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #724: May 12, 2012 02:11:22 am
      First comment I've made on this match wow!! what a f*cking immense game loved every minute of it the first glimpse I saw of my screen was seeing Chelsea players on the floor and I will admit I was in hysterics, it was nice seeing the plastic tw*ts being on the receiving end for a change. Made up with the players made up with the score thought I never enjoy that buzz again this season of seeing our lads dominate and enjoy this match as much as they looked. I loved the fact that Judas never got to score :lmao: well made up more of the same please lads it makes me wonder where we would have ended if we had played like that all season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #725: May 12, 2012 09:45:42 am
      it makes me wonder where we would have ended if we had played like that all season.

Is right mate.

The Title of this years Season Review DVD should be WHAT IF ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #726: May 12, 2012 10:09:13 am

Nice way to say farewell to Anfield till next season. All we need now is the boys to roll over Swansea and the Bitters to lose and we can at least finish above them. The last thing we need is our Brothers and Sisters in and around Liverpool hearing their sh*t all off season.
      All that matters Ian is we hammer Swansea and get as far up the Prem for Kenny's sake.
      The blueshite hysterical chatter means F**k all as they themseves mean F**k all. They delight and profit from our failings which is their only aspiration, they know Neverton won't win anything credible and the highlight of their year is a bore draw with LFC at their yard.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      Reply #727: May 12, 2012 11:16:25 am
      All that matters Ian is we hammer Swansea and get as far up the Prem for Kenny's sake.
      The blueshite hysterical chatter means f**k all as they themseves mean f**k all. They delight and profit from our failings which is their only aspiration, they know Neverton won't win anything credible and the highlight of their year is a bore draw with LFC at their yard.

Mate, I hope we hammer Swansea too for the same reasons as all of us but I especially want the Blueshite to lose so there is not even the slightest chance they will be any thing less than Bitter in the off season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #728: May 12, 2012 11:32:19 am
      The fitba was grrrrrreeeeeaaa888888ttt t but highlight for me was when my 8yr old kept us amused from the third goal to half time singing "I've got the moves like jagger DAGGER"
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #729: May 12, 2012 12:06:06 pm
      I don't know what's the problem with the squad ...

It is shown in the last two games that when we're at the top of our game, we're ALMOST unplayable but I don't understand why does the squad have to be so lethargic, weak, not motivated and __ (insert anything you want here).

When we want to play, we can probably beat anyone but why doesn't then 'when' happen often enough.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #730: May 12, 2012 05:51:24 pm
      Only just got on following our demolition of the rent boys, and what a demolition. Can't get my head round this at all. Just a shed load of iff's and but's. Did think Carroll would come good in the long term but had almost given up on him about 4 / 5 weeks ago. Still don't rate Henderson but he made me eat my words the other night. Not 100% about Shelvey but he has scored a number of goals like that while out on loan. All in all a great performance and result and Andy probably made the decision for Woy, Terry is NOT international quality and will be a waste of a place in the euro's. A case of too little too late really so all we have to look forward to is roasting the swans and makeing sure we start next season, the same as we finished this one.
      Two or three top players in and we will do good.

Quick Reply