Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Anfield v Zenit

Read 13486 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Re: Anfield v Zenit
      Reply #92: Feb 22, 2013 10:13:01 pm
      I have a feeling Mourinho has a big admiration for us as a club and if we had bags of money he'd be dying to get a job here.

He does, heard him mention our 84 team a few times that stuffed Benfica, let's not forget he had handbags with Rafa and was probably a little bit upset to miss out on the job in 2004. He was leading contender to  get the job until he did his jig down the touchline at OT and Parry decided he wasn't the right man for us and went for Rafa instead.

Being totally honest, he would have had the same rapport with the fans the way Rafa did.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #93: Feb 22, 2013 11:00:41 pm
      He does, heard him mention our 84 team a few times that stuffed Benfica, let's not forget he had handbags with Rafa and was probably a little bit upset to miss out on the job in 2004. He was leading contender to  get the job until he did his jig down the touchline at OT and Parry decided he wasn't the right man for us and went for Rafa instead.

Being totally honest, he would have had the same rapport with the fans the way Rafa did.

As much as he does irritate me HR I tend to agree that if he did get the job back then we as fans would have warmed to him in a similar fashion to Rafa.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #94: Feb 22, 2013 11:18:55 pm
      How can I describe last night.........Kop bouncing and buzzing from start to finish, the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant, strangers hugging me when we scored, almost everybody seemed to be on the same wavelength and it was brilliant to stand there, to sing, cheer and shout till I was hoarse.....what a very very special night.

Met up with Semple before the game and had a drink in the Sandon when Higgy Sham came in to see us, boss to meet you Andy and I hope the long journey home was made worthwhile for you as I dont think the lads could have done any more, they all gave 110% and more as did the crowd.

Gutted we're out, really wanted a trip to Amsterdam  :(

We just have to concentrate on getting as high up the League as possible now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #95: Feb 22, 2013 11:27:57 pm
      How can I describe last night.........Kop bouncing and buzzing from start to finish, the atmosphere was absolutely brilliant, strangers hugging me when we scored, almost everybody seemed to be on the same wavelength and it was brilliant to stand there, to sing, cheer and shout till I was hoarse.....what a very very special night.

Met up with Semple before the game and had a drink in the Sandon when Higgy Sham came in to see us, boss to meet you Andy and I hope the long journey home was made worthwhile for you as I dont think the lads could have done any more, they all gave 110% and more as did the crowd.

Gutted we're out, really wanted a trip to Amsterdam  :(

We just have to concentrate on getting as high up the League as possible now.

Despite the result it did appear a great night to be at the game and I'm even more gutted I missed it now. I'd planned to go over with Higgy but couldnt make it as you know Cas.
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2013 11:42:49 pm by srslfc »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #96: Feb 22, 2013 11:39:20 pm
      Despite the result it did appear a great night to be at the game and I'm even mote gutted I missed it now. I'd planned to go over with Higgy but couldnt make it as you know Cas.

Yeah, real shame you couldnt make it Si,  it was a tremendous night despite the result, Carra's last European game as well  :(
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #97: Feb 23, 2013 12:42:18 am
      I have a feeling Mourinho has a big admiration for us as a club and if we had bags of money he'd be dying to get a job here.

Yeah no doubt about it, any great manager has admiration for great clubs even if they're enemies....apart from old whiskey nose the bitter sod!

Quick Reply