Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are you loving the new kit?

Yes, love it. It's boss!
      (82.4%)
      Undecided
      (13.2%)
      No, don't like it
      (4.4%)

Liverpool Home Kit 2012/13

Read 80740 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Liverpool Home Kit 2012/13
      Reply #552: Jul 23, 2012 01:20:02 pm

He's fine, it's got that coffee stuff woven in to stop you smelling, remember?
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #553: Jul 23, 2012 09:16:55 pm

I've worn mine a lot so it's been through the wash several times. I wash it at 30°c and NEVER tumble dry it and it still looks brand new.

I do agree about the colour though, a shade darker would have been nice. When the first images came out, eurored suggested it looked like the McDonald's colour scheme and he wasn't far off. It's not blood red and gold it's bright red and yellow.
      My wife always washed the addidas on 40 degrees and tumbledried and never had a problem Rep.If it was just the one jersey i"d say it was a one off but the young lads isn"t great either  with the Suarez patch coming off.This time the tops were washed in a quick 40 and no tumble dry ,so i don"t know what happened to them.Maybe i should get rid of the wife . :)
      Ollyarto
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #554: Jul 23, 2012 11:36:50 pm
      Mine says to wash at 30 however I usually throw all my washing in at 40 and the other kits I've had haven't been affected.

I got the home and away kit tonight, with the home kit having Agger 5 on the back. I have to say after playing in the home kit tonight that it breathes rather well compared to some of the other kits we've had, it will take awhile for me to get use to the red but think it could be a grower. The away kit seems ok but the home kit I think is my favourite.

I do think that the white premier league lettering on the back looks kidda odd, wonder what it would look like in gold....
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #555: Jul 24, 2012 06:17:53 am
      My wife always washed the addidas on 40 degrees and tumbledried and never had a problem Rep

It does say 30° on the wash label though doesn't it? (I'm genuinely asking because I'm at work right now so not trying to be a smart arse).
      If so, yes, get rid of the wife  :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #556: Jul 24, 2012 10:32:48 am

The offal is now selling these.

I better get saving.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #557: Jul 24, 2012 01:40:58 pm
      ^^^ Those are nice... if you're the right shape, which I am not.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #558: Jul 24, 2012 04:18:39 pm
      ^^^ Those are nice... if you're the right shape, which I am not.
      This xD
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #559: Jul 24, 2012 04:50:22 pm
      What's the need for all the panels? Can't they just be like regular base layers? Unless their sole purpose is to be different rather than attractive and more practical.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #560: Aug 29, 2012 02:19:36 am
      Anyone that has the home kit have any trouble with the numbers/name/patches peeling off.

Have been reading some negatives about the kit quality and Warrior in general. Can't remember where I saw the article but basically talked about how the home red isn't as dark as the original version shown in promo advertising, the material supposedly wasn't holding up well with washings and the numbers/name/patches were peeling off and folks were in general not happy with the overall quality. Sure hope if that's true these things get worked out. I would like to get a new top but don't want to spend that much money on something that isn't going to wear nice. My black (gray) top from last year still looks like new.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #561: Aug 29, 2012 02:36:12 am
      Anyone that has the home kit have any trouble with the numbers/name/patches peeling off.

Have been reading some negatives about the kit quality and Warrior in general. Can't remember where I saw the article but basically talked about how the home red isn't as dark as the original version shown in promo advertising, the material supposedly wasn't holding up well with washings and the numbers/name/patches were peeling off and folks were in general not happy with the overall quality. Sure hope if that's true these things get worked out. I would like to get a new top but don't want to spend that much money on something that isn't going to wear nice. My black (gray) top from last year still looks like new.

I have not had any problems with mine and I have washed it about 20 times. It still looks like when I received it in the mail.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #562: Aug 29, 2012 02:39:48 am
      Can't remember where I saw the article but basically talked about how the home red isn't as dark as the original version shown in promo advertising

No it's not and that is the only downside for me. The bright red and yellow is a bit McDonald's. It the away kit didn't have that grey collar section, I would have gone for that instead.

the material supposedly wasn't holding up well with washings

I wear my top a lot but I'm always careful to wash it at 30°c as per the label, not 40. It still looks like new.

the numbers/name/patches were peeling off

Again, no problem there, so far. I don't have a name or number printed though so it's only the 'Standard Chartered' that could come off.

The material is lighter and thinner feeling than the ADIDAS shirts but it's holding up perfectly well for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #563: Aug 29, 2012 11:08:24 am
      No it's not and that is the only downside for me. The bright red and yellow is a bit McDonald's. It the away kit didn't have that grey collar section, I would have gone for that instead.

I wear my top a lot but I'm always careful to wash it at 30°c as per the label, not 40. It still looks like new.

Again, no problem there, so far. I don't have a name or number printed though so it's only the 'Standard Chartered' that could come off.

The material is lighter and thinner feeling than the ADIDAS shirts but it's holding up perfectly well for me.

Good to know Rep, may hold off on myself but my youngest son fancies one so maybe I'll let him give it a go. :)
      fanciulla
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #564: Feb 22, 2013 12:17:09 pm
      Can someone please help me with the size guide (if there ase some girls who ordered the new home kit). I'm usually a size 8 in clothes (36 in European sizes), but I have read that the 12 Warrior shirt was the better fit for girls who are usually size 8, because Warrior kits are little more different than the Adidas?
      Thanks  :)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #565: Feb 23, 2013 03:04:34 am
      Can someone please help me with the size guide (if there ase some girls who ordered the new home kit). I'm usually a size 8 in clothes (36 in European sizes), but I have read that the 12 Warrior shirt was the better fit for girls who are usually size 8, because Warrior kits are little more different than the Adidas?
      Thanks  :)

I have ordered a small in the home and third kit. It fits very well. I have not bought any other clothing, so I can't help with any other clothes.

Quick Reply