Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Spy Party

Read 2335 times
      Bier
      Spy Party
      May 07, 2012 05:10:01 am
      Anyone heard of this indie game? http://www.spyparty.com/

Very original concept.

It's a small multiplayer indie game that's still in closed beta right now, I think for now just for the PC when it comes out. It isn't about the graphics, it's really about the gameplay. So if you're hung up on graphics then this game probably isn't for you.

Basically you play it with 2 people online. 1 player is the spy, another player is the sniper. The spy controls a character and has to mingle in a room(there's different levels) among AI characters, and has to perform some tasks within a set time. The sniper is outside of the room, looking in through the windows, and has to find the spy by studying all the characters' behaviour, and shoot him. Some of the tasks the spy has to perform are bugging the ambassador, swap a statue, transfer a microfilm from one bookcase to the other and some other stuff like that. Meanwhile, the spy can see where the sniper is looking and aiming, because there's a red laser. There's alot of depth in it, the more players know about the tasks and how the AI characters behave, the better they can mimic it or recognise a player who falls out of place.

I'm so going to be playing this! Here's some online beta gameplay.

SpyParty Ep 3 - Bishop

Anyone else thinks this is awesome, or am I just a huge nerd? (perhaps both)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012 05:43:39 am by Bier »
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Re: Spy Party
      Reply #1: May 08, 2012 10:12:04 am
      like the sound of this, bet its quite a nervy game, when your close to finnishing what you need too.
      Bier
      Reply #2: May 08, 2012 07:42:12 pm
      Yeah, especially when playing as a spy.

Eventually h the graphics of the game will be improved too, but the focus is on the mechanics and gameplay first, trying to give it as much depth as possible.

Let's Look At - SpyParty [PC]
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: May 15, 2012 06:15:03 pm
      Sounds very interesting, is it out already? I don't really mind about graphics too much but it would be even better with great graphics too
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: May 16, 2012 09:25:15 am
      bet its quite a nervy game, when your close to finnishing what you need too.
      Yeah, especially when playing as a spy.

I agree, I bet it gets very tense. Wouldn't mind giving it a go.
      Bier
      Reply #5: May 16, 2012 10:37:10 am
      Sounds very interesting, is it out already? I don't really mind about graphics too much but it would be even better with great graphics too

It's still in beta. I applied for it but apparently it takes ages to get in.

The graphics are supposed to improve eventually, but they're focussing on gameplay and mechanics first. It's supposed to get a james bond/austin powers kind of graphic style.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: May 16, 2012 10:53:56 am
      Anyone else thinks this is awesome, or am I just a huge nerd? (perhaps both)

Both!

Quick Reply