Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Swansea 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Grimace

Read 26550 times
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 351 posts | 21 
      Re: Swansea 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Grimace
      Reply #276: May 13, 2012 06:04:25 pm
      Disappointing season but I will be there to give the team a boost when they come to the US and hope they go away from here really positive and start the season rolling. Time to find some cash so I can watch the majority of the games.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #277: May 13, 2012 06:04:57 pm
      Think you need to read euroreds post again

I have, and i can understand what he means, what i cant understand is why you and others continually drag our club down especially when we either play sh*te lose or both, I'm as disappointed as the next man, but I'm still behind the King and always will be,

I've been a supporter 36 yrs and it is the worst i can remember too, but whingeing and f***in moaning gets you nowhere, it is the worst season performance wise, points gained, points lost, losing to lower opposition, scoring records, hitting the f***in woodwork, etc etc etc etc etc etc,and f***in etc,

so where does this leave us?  a feeling of utter disappointment, possibly the embarrassment of facing your mates, ribbing you, taking the piss, blueshite having the bragging rights for a while,

it isn't good enough, it's far and away the lowest position our club has faced for decades, but FF'S, instead of being negative and full of sh*t, try getting behind Kenny and the lads,

I'm glad this sorry season is over, it's now history, we now have to group together and support our club through it's worst period for years, instead of complaining and wanting a change of manager, F**k sake, we are LIVERPOOL FC, the club with the best support anywhere, yeah sounds like it when we have supporters with no patience and limited belief,

you may not believe in Kenny that's your choice, i do and the majority do also, HE is the man to deliver what we all want, he just needs the time, patience and the money, and most of all he needs our support and total loyalty,

if you don't like what he is trying to achieve then you know what to do, but i guess you will still support, still moan and still whinge next season.

IN KENNY WE TRUST                  YNWA

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #278: May 13, 2012 06:10:30 pm
      We beat them at their own ground didn't we?

In the league, we got thumped.

We won the Carling Cup Semi 1-0!

sh*t season in the league, injuries haven't helped, extra bit of quality is needed within the squad.

Roll on next season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #279: May 13, 2012 06:11:43 pm
      Just glad it's all over now tbh. No point getting all worked up about today's result or performance in isolation as if it meant anything. The league season has effectively been over for weeks and weeks now.

It's gonna be an intersting summer ahead. I really don't know what is going to happen.

Sums it up perfectly for me Scott. Onwards and upwards.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #280: May 13, 2012 06:22:59 pm
      I blamed Adrian Mutu.

But as some say, next season can only be positive. And we have to believe.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #281: May 13, 2012 06:35:04 pm

Good post because he agrees with you?  ;D oh dear... You do make me giggle kid..

Well I'm glad that league season is over ( possibly) the most frustrating I can remember as a red in
      30 years.

Behind you gaffer.. Big summer ahead of you.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #282: May 13, 2012 06:59:37 pm
      It's not good when you don't raise an eyebrow after gettin beat by Swansea.
      Least we've have finally crawled over the line after probably the most frustrating season I can remember.
      Didn't see the game or hear anything about it but don't think I'm gonna be overly surprised by anything watchin the 'highlights' later.

What we need to focus on now is strenghting the squad, making the changes needed, comin back, and doing a lot better next year.
      Has there been a more important summer? Should be interesting.
      Can't say it's been dull :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #283: May 13, 2012 07:15:42 pm
      It's still amazing how we can look like a Sunday pub team when we play all these lower sides.

I mean, I know we've lost players to injuries and suspensions, hit the woodwork almost 40 times and all that but I don't think these are the main reasons why we're so average.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #284: May 13, 2012 07:41:10 pm
      Come on, the pain stops, and we can now look forward to next season with optimism.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #285: May 13, 2012 07:45:28 pm
      We can all hope for better next season, with the only consolation some silverware in the cupboard, just hope that the side can go forward as the players should only show improvement.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #286: May 13, 2012 07:49:53 pm
      Did not watch the game. It was a mental last day. Somehow, seeing other teams battling it out and fighting for something made me feel sad.

But, we cannot go any lower, can we? As Rushie has said above, the pain stops. There is only one way to go from here and that is  upwards. Let us hope for a good summer and see how it shapes up in the future.

And hey, it is not going to be a long summer as we start playing on August 2.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #287: May 13, 2012 07:52:12 pm
      2011/2012 Season is officially filed under "do not open" section of the clubs history books!

LFCexiled
      Reply #288: May 13, 2012 07:56:01 pm
      Not even gonna be arsed to read back through the thread as I'm sure it's full of the usual negative bollocks.

We've had a season of sh*te but performed well, onwards and upwards (which we will) and don't forget that when you walk through a storm you hold your head up high and on the horizon is a new dawn and we have a good Captain at the helm.

We're Liverpool FC and we will NEVER lie down.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #289: May 13, 2012 08:16:01 pm
      Fan base is a lot more split than people seem to think and i ain't a kid pd.

Easy option for Fsg to leave Kenny in place im hoping they are brave.Dont listen to sentiment look at the facts.

With the right manager and the right signings we are not that far off
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #290: May 13, 2012 08:17:58 pm

who is the right manager please tell us all

Easy option for Fsg to leave Kenny in place im hoping they are brave.Dont listen to sentiment look at the facts.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #291: May 13, 2012 08:18:11 pm

And if my Grandmother had testicles she'd be my Grandfather.

KK hasn't had enough time yet Corbs.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #292: May 13, 2012 08:19:21 pm
      Couldn't watch or listen to the game today, just glad the season is over now. Don't think we'll ever get another manager with as much passion and respect for our club than Kenny.  No body will ever have the same connection with the fans. The bottom line is, we need a manager who can raise the bar, get more effort and belief from his players, get a tactical game plan set with a plan 'B' if it's not going well, a manager who can source better players than Hendo and Downing. Is this Kenny ? I don't know for sure, but if he's still with us next season things will have to improve vastly or he will be shown the door. I don't think he can do it with this current squad of players and would he be trusted with a big kitty again, who knows. Who would replace him ? haven't got a clue. A rest from footy for a while now, have even given up the kids coaching after 20 odd years to watch more matches next season. Hope it's gonna be worth it.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #293: May 13, 2012 08:23:27 pm
      anyone who wants to get rid of kenny please remember the last time we got rid of our manager we got woy, kenny has won us a trophy nearly to look at the mancs so close yet so far, long live the king lets not kep swapping managers we are lfc
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #294: May 13, 2012 08:25:42 pm

Judging by the singing of his name the other night against Chelsea, I'd say you're talking sh*te.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #295: May 13, 2012 08:29:31 pm
      he doesnt go the match or live nearby just comes on to wind us up corbally that is

Judging by the singing of his name the other night against Chelsea, I'd say you're talking sh*te.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #296: May 13, 2012 08:43:11 pm

Well, we've got the right manager so we just need 3 or 4 top class players and we're there.

Do you know what really pisses me off the most?, it's our supposed supporters calling for the head of a manager that has us progressing.

Whether that progress is slow or not, it is progress.

I'm hurting just as much as anyone right now but i'm intelligent and astute enough to know that this job isn't a quick and easy fix.

Luckily for us we have the right man at the helm, i hope FSG realise this and don't react like a bunch of impatient kids. To get rid of Kenny now would set us back further than i'd care to imagine.

DALGLISH!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #297: May 13, 2012 08:51:15 pm
      Barring 88-89 I cannot recall a worse season. I'm glad it's over but I am also concerned about the future. As much as I love KK, I think we need a change at the top.

We certainly do we need to get there ahead of the Mancs, its 1st or nowhere !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #298: May 13, 2012 08:57:55 pm
      Just glad it's all over now tbh. No point getting all worked up about today's result or performance in isolation as if it meant anything. The league season has effectively been over for weeks and weeks now.

It's gonna be an intersting summer ahead. I really don't know what is going to happen.

Exactly how I feel Scott.

Quick Reply