Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Swansea 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Grimace

Read 26506 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Re: Swansea 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Grimace
      Reply #299: May 13, 2012 08:59:39 pm
      With the right manager and the right signings we are not that far off

I don't exactly hear you throwing any perfect candidates into the mix fella? It's not like there are a million names out there that jump out.

I'd prefer we stick with Kenny and go down the continuity route. Se eif he can get these players up to standard in the league and if we still suck come December then no doubt the owners will pull the plug or more likely Kenny would walk himself.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #300: May 13, 2012 09:02:32 pm
      2011/2012 Season is officially filed under "do not open" section of the clubs history books!

League Season I may agree with you but we won our first trophy in 6 years in the same season and you want to forget it !
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #301: May 13, 2012 09:03:02 pm

Oh? You just act like one do much I presumed... My kids throw their toys out the pram less than you and jump up and down less if they don't get what they want right away..

We have lost since 09 players such as,

Macherano
      Alonso
      Torres
      Dossena
      Hyypia
      Arbeloa
      Benayoun
      Riera
      Babel
      Insua

To name a few...

We also brought in comedy transfers like

Cole
      Aquilani
      Poulsen
      Jovanovic
      Konchesky

That is the mess that the squad was in and it won't be fixed in a short period.. It's ok saying money was spent but also top quality players have been lost..
      Where would Rafa have taken us with 100m to add to his 09 squad? God knows.. It would have been good times I would think but that didn't happen and Kenny hasn't had 100m to add to that squad, he has had 100m to replace the mess above...
      For me there has been progress but slow progress and it's going to take time. Another manager will have the same problems.. Kenny must be afforded the time to finish what he has started.

It was never going to be a click your fingers and happen overnight and it wouldn't for any other manager.

I'm behind you gaffer.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #302: May 13, 2012 09:27:28 pm
       I have not seen the Swansea match so cannot/will not comment on it.I am just sad that we lost and glad the season is over.Now that is out of the way I will start looking forward to next season with the expectation that we will be once again the most feared club in the E.P.L and Europe.Go the mighty REDS as I for one will never stop believing in you.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #303: May 13, 2012 09:37:36 pm
      Just like Billy I haven't seen the game. Just disappointed we couldn't build on that great win against Chelsea. Consistency again.

But consistency is one of those issues that you iron out in time and it was never going to be an easy ride this season.

Already looking forward to next season and seeing how we can build in the summer. Some solid foundations at the club and a few key decisions need to be made in the summer, which could really push us on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #304: May 13, 2012 10:28:01 pm
      Our biggest comedy signing was Adam and after this season downing has to be there as well. I ain't a kid pd and because i dont buy into every thing is okay sh*te because we are just unlucky doesn't mean i am

People may think im neg but i call it realism and this season shows i had every reason to be.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #305: May 13, 2012 10:45:19 pm
      Our biggest comedy signing was Adam and after this season downing has to be there as well. I ain't a kid pd and because i dont buy into every thing is okay sh*te because we are just unlucky doesn't mean i am

People may think im neg but i call it realism and this season shows i had every reason to be.

Been waiting for this since January tbh, the gloating has begun.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #306: May 13, 2012 10:51:15 pm
      And the winner of the WUM of the season is...
      Watched the game today and thought it was typical of a game with not much to run around for (for some).Shelvey shows loads of passion.albeit making a few "Silly" mistakes.That said its easy to forget how young he is.Credit has to be given to Swansea,they played us off the park at times.They're passing as usual was slick and movement off the ball was very good.I hate slating players..but Downing,unless he pulls his finger out will I'm sure be shown the door (prob at a huge loss unfortunately).Anyway season over,Kenny's still with us,things can only get better (and they will)we are LIVERPOOL FC.  IKKWT & Walk On. 
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #307: May 14, 2012 01:27:59 am
      No matter what the result, I'm still proud of the boys in red. Eventhough most of the results didn't went our way and some of our lads didn't played up to their potential, whatever this season dished out for us there's something we can be proud of. Winning the league cup eventhough not that great as winning the FA or EPL title, still a cup in the cabinet is 1000 times better than winning f**king nothing.

Congratulations to Manchester City for winning the EPL in a breathtaking last minute drama.
      Congratulations to Chelsea FC for winning the FA Cup.

but the most noticable was a heartfelt congratulation for Everton FC for the feel of winning the Champions League in 7th place......NOT!
      and congratulation to Manchester United for winning at Sunderland but got screwed!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #308: May 14, 2012 01:30:46 am
      Another poor season closes the chapter.

When will it ever end :(
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #309: May 14, 2012 01:35:29 am
      Does anyone have a clip of Fergies face when he found out city nicked it??

Would love to see that!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #310: May 14, 2012 01:49:16 am

Would love to see that!

Check the Premier League 2011/2012 or Laugh at the Mancs thread.
      AussieAd
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #311: May 14, 2012 04:24:42 am
      Well that's that. Season 2011-2012 is over.

Now let us never speak of it ever again.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #312: May 14, 2012 05:17:54 am

You still don't get anyone else's point of view do you? Unless people just agree you stamp your feet.

I have to say AGAIN unfortunately because you don't seem to have the brain capacity that I haven't said that everything is ok or that it is acceptable... Just that it won't happen overnight. We were in a mess and are still feeling the effects of that.
      That Kenny has got things wrong this season and that ALL managers get some signings wrong.
      But I dont want him sacked a year into his contract. You do... Fine...
      And I haven't been saying its unlucky...
      You are tiresome.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #313: May 14, 2012 08:36:24 am

Would love to see that!
      I believe there is a good picture of Ferguson shitting his kecks when City scored their 3rd goal to win the title.Sadly we can't print the picture because it would cause a BIG STINK.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #314: May 14, 2012 09:20:20 am
      Another season ends with a whimper.

Roll on August.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #315: May 14, 2012 10:12:00 am
      Still, Carroll's overhead kick was good.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #316: May 14, 2012 10:41:11 am
      Another season ends with a whimper.

Roll on August.

This but i am pleased we won a trophy and very pleased we are back in Europe next season
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #317: May 14, 2012 12:41:08 pm
      Not one bit surprised about the result yesterday. Our scouts have to get the finger out now and find us some decent talent. I reckon we can challenge for a top four finish next season if the right signings are made. Kenny to be in charge next season. YNWA

Quick Reply