Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sir Kenny Dalglish: Appreciation Thread

Read 234920 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish No Longer Liverpool Manager :(
      Reply #46: May 16, 2012 05:00:11 pm
      Sad to see Kenny go, but not exactly surprised the way these groups work,ruthless attitude, with no time to dwell on sentiment, thought Kenny deserved at least a bit longer, another season maybe. I think the players must take some of the blame, for such inconsistent performances in the Premier league. I feel whoever is brought in must have the full support of all the fans.
               Interesting to see, if we had a poll, who the forum members choice would be.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #47: May 16, 2012 05:00:50 pm
      LFC's twitter saying there will be an official statement at 5 pm

When is 5 pm in England? What time is it now?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: May 16, 2012 05:01:26 pm
      LFC's twitter saying there will be an official statement at 5 pm

When is 5 pm in England? What time is it now?

In about two minutes, log on the official site now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #49: May 16, 2012 05:02:16 pm
      Liverpool FC @LFC
      An official statement from Liverpool Football Club will be released on liverpoolfc.tv and on LFC TV at 5pm tonight.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #50: May 16, 2012 05:02:26 pm

Believe it should be just hitting 5 there now as it's 12 here in the states.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #51: May 16, 2012 05:03:33 pm
      FENWAY SPORTS GROUP AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB PART COMPANY WITH MANAGER KENNY DALGLISH

Search for new Manager begins immediately as owners pay tribute to 'legend' Dalglish

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Kenny Dalglish is to leave his post today as Manager after having his contract terminated.

After a careful and deliberative review of the season, the Club came to the decision that a change was appropriate. It is not a decision that was reached lightly or hastily.

The search for a new Manager will begin immediately.

Principal owner John Henry was fulsome in his praise for the outgoing Manager.

"Kenny will always be more than a championship winning manager, more than a championship winning star player. He is in many ways the heart and soul of the club. He personifies everything that is good about Liverpool Football Club. He has always put the Club and its supporters first. Kenny will always be a part of the family at Anfield.

"Our job now is to identify and recruit the right person to take this Club forward and build on the strong foundations put in place during the last 18 months."

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner said it was a tough decision, but ultimately one that needed to be made.

"Kenny came into the Club as Manager at our request at a time when Liverpool Football Club really needed him. He didn't ask to be Manager; he was asked to assume the role. He did so because he knew the Club needed him. He did more than anyone else to stabilize Liverpool over the past year-and-a-half and to get us once again looking forward. We owe him a great debt of gratitude.

"However, results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change.

"We are committed to delivering success for our supporters and our ambition remains resolute to return this great Club to the elite of England and Europe, where it belongs."

Kenny Dalglish's departure brings to an end his second spell at the Club where, as a player, he won numerous honours, including six English league titles and three European Cup trophies. As Manager he won three league titles, two FA Cups and of course this season, the Carling Cup.

Dalglish said he is proud to have served such a great Club.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to have had the chance to come back to Liverpool Football Club as Manager. I greatly appreciate the work that Steve, Kevin, the players and all of the staff put in during my time and feel proud that we delivered the Club's first trophy in six years winning the Carling Cup and came close to a second trophy in the FA Cup Final. Of course I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the Club to be back winning trophies.

"Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving the football club, I can say that the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward in the same way as when they arrived here.

"I would like to thank all of the staff at the Club for their effort and loyalty. I said when first approached about coming back as Manager that I would always be of help if I can at any time and that offer remains the same.

"Finally, I want to put on record my heartfelt gratitude to Liverpool's fans, who have always given me and the Club their unwavering support. Without them neither the Club nor I would have achieved anything."
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #52: May 16, 2012 05:03:38 pm
      Sack a legend, a proven winner, a man that's won everything the game has to offer and still continues to win with a man that's won nothing of any merit and a playing career of absolutely no success. Incomprehensible!
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #53: May 16, 2012 05:03:41 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #54: May 16, 2012 05:04:03 pm
      LFC part company with Dalglish

FENWAY SPORTS GROUP AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB PART COMPANY WITH MANAGER KENNY DALGLISH

Search for new Manager begins immediately as owners pay tribute to 'legend' Dalglish

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Kenny Dalglish is to leave his post today as Manager after having his contract terminated.

After a careful and deliberative review of the season, the Club came to the decision that a change was appropriate. It is not a decision that was reached lightly or hastily.

The search for a new Manager will begin immediately.

Principal owner John Henry was fulsome in his praise for the outgoing Manager.

"Kenny will always be more than a championship winning manager, more than a championship winning star player. He is in many ways the heart and soul of the club. He personifies everything that is good about Liverpool Football Club. He has always put the Club and its supporters first. Kenny will always be a part of the family at Anfield.

"Our job now is to identify and recruit the right person to take this Club forward and build on the strong foundations put in place during the last 18 months."

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner said it was a tough decision, but ultimately one that needed to be made.

"Kenny came into the Club as Manager at our request at a time when Liverpool Football Club really needed him. He didn't ask to be Manager; he was asked to assume the role. He did so because he knew the Club needed him. He did more than anyone else to stabilize Liverpool over the past year-and-a-half and to get us once again looking forward. We owe him a great debt of gratitude.

"However, results in the Premier League have been disappointing and we believe to build on the progress that has already been made, we need to make a change.

"We are committed to delivering success for our supporters and our ambition remains resolute to return this great Club to the elite of England and Europe, where it belongs."

Kenny Dalglish's departure brings to an end his second spell at the Club where, as a player, he won numerous honours, including six English league titles and three European Cup trophies. As Manager he won three league titles, two FA Cups and of course this season, the Carling Cup.

Dalglish said he is proud to have served such a great Club.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to have had the chance to come back to Liverpool Football Club as Manager. I greatly appreciate the work that Steve, Kevin, the players and all of the staff put in during my time and feel proud that we delivered the Club's first trophy in six years winning the Carling Cup and came close to a second trophy in the FA Cup Final. Of course I am disappointed with results in the league, but I would not have swapped the Carling Cup win for anything as I know how much it meant to our fans and the Club to be back winning trophies.

"Whilst I am obviously disappointed to be leaving the football club, I can say that the matter has been handled by the owners and all concerned in an honourable, respectful and dignified way and reflects on the quality of the people involved and their continued desire to move the football club forward in the same way as when they arrived here.

"I would like to thank all of the staff at the Club for their effort and loyalty. I said when first approached about coming back as Manager that I would always be of help if I can at any time and that offer remains the same.

"Finally, I want to put on record my heartfelt gratitude to Liverpool's fans, who have always given me and the Club their unwavering support. Without them neither the Club nor I would have achieved anything."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-part-company-with-dalglish
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #55: May 16, 2012 05:04:07 pm
      very sad to see him go, it hasn't been a great season but we could have given him one more. we don't know the details and we probably won't, so i hope this wasn't just a knee jerk reaction.

i'd happily see rafa back, but i'll say again, for me this is the wrong decision, one more season should have been given to him.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #56: May 16, 2012 05:04:17 pm
      F***ing complete utter pack of useless bas**rds these yanks...hopeless wankers, F***ing hopeless.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #57: May 16, 2012 05:05:20 pm
      'Finally, I want to put on record my heartfelt gratitude to Liverpool's fans, who have always given me and the Club their unwavering support. Without them neither the Club nor I would have achieved anything'

This is why I will miss Kenny...
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #58: May 16, 2012 05:06:12 pm
      All the Premiership managers being discussed lack one thing , European experience.
      For me there is only one man for the job , Rafa ,I hope they have the sense to see it.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #59: May 16, 2012 05:06:24 pm
      Totally devastated, feeling embarrassed to say I'm a Liverpool supporter. This shouldn't be the thing this club does to a man who has given so much to this club after only 16months in charge. WHAT A BUNCH OF KUNTS.

Long live the KING.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #60: May 16, 2012 05:07:01 pm
      F**k it I will start it.

YANKS OUT.!!!
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #61: May 16, 2012 05:07:36 pm
      Awful decision. If they approach Martinez I will be even more livid.

Got to be Benitez. Otherwise look abroad. Would rather promote Borrell from within than go for one of these EPL flavour of the months.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #62: May 16, 2012 05:08:31 pm
      F**k it I will start it.

YANKS OUT.!!!

Be careful what you wish for.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #63: May 16, 2012 05:08:40 pm
      F**k off FSG

Go sack your manager in Boston too, your team is f***in sh*te
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #64: May 16, 2012 05:08:59 pm
      This decision, plain and simply, will define FSG's spell at Liverpool.

If the right person is not appointed soon then I can see all hell breaking loose. It's got to be a world class manager to replace Kenny.

World class.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #65: May 16, 2012 05:09:06 pm
       :'(

^ says it all.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #66: May 16, 2012 05:09:30 pm
      Awful decision. If they approach Martinez I will be even more livid.

Give him the job or any of the other names  is no fookin upgrade from kenny
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #67: May 16, 2012 05:10:08 pm
      F*CKING FREAKED AT THIS NEWS!

HATERS HOPE YOUR HAPPY!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #68: May 16, 2012 05:10:27 pm
      Kristian Walsh ‏ @Kristian_Walsh
      Ian Ayre is gone too according to the reliable @Gunga__Din. Bloody hell.

Quick Reply