Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Sir Kenny Dalglish: Appreciation Thread

Read 236594 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Kenny Dalglish No Longer Liverpool Manager :(
      Reply #92: May 16, 2012 05:19:43 pm
      Well, at least those who wanted Kenny gone can sit at home with a smug face tonight.

Nice work.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #93: May 16, 2012 05:20:55 pm
      I want Villas-Boas. He would have a point to prove after Chelsea. I would love Guardiola, but that's not going to happen, and the only other Big One is Mourinho, but I'm not sure I want him.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 884 
      Reply #94: May 16, 2012 05:21:22 pm
      Well, at least those who wanted Kenny gone can sit at home with a smug face tonight.

Nice work.

aka 'the Media' !!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #95: May 16, 2012 05:22:03 pm
      Apparently (from the lad who said Ayre is on his way out) the club are only listening to David Dein.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #96: May 16, 2012 05:22:47 pm
      Fcuk, signed in so I could complain about a cold and this comes up, for fcuk sake...

All the best King Kenny :(
      seanmalonelfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • OOOH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!
      Reply #97: May 16, 2012 05:22:50 pm
      not happy, realistically the best we can do is AVB or probably rafa
      these cu*ts who have been shouting for rafa over the last few months are the same cu*ts who were shouting for his head a few seasons ago but he is probably the best thats available at the minute
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #98: May 16, 2012 05:24:02 pm
      If they indeed believe in the structure they tried to implement with Comolli, it's only logical that they should appoint a Director of Football first, and then a new manager, whom the DOF wants and works well with.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #99: May 16, 2012 05:24:19 pm

Not alone mate.

A few of "our own" worked in the shadows.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #100: May 16, 2012 05:24:27 pm
      Look, I'm not happy with FSG and I'm not defending them just because they are Yanks; however they are interested in turning LFC back into a powerhouse of football and they believe they are going about it the right way. You guys over the pond have a different mentality when it comes to supporting your sports teams as opposed to Americans and FSG will hopefully come to understand how that works. I do think they are trying their best to tread lightly here and I'm give you odds they sure didn't want to have to make this decision.

I think who they select next is going to define how they are perceived at LFC for years to come.

Me personally, I would like to see Rafa back but they may feel that once again it would create a situation where the fans love would make it hard for them to get rid of him if things didn't work out. I am hoping for Rafa but wouldn't be surprised by someone else.

Maybe Pep? Could he lure Messi here? ;)

They gave him ONE full season, a disappointing season I grant you, but one season. And I dont aim this at you personally mate, and I am talking in anger, but recent history proves to me that yanks know F**k all about football and should stay out of the game. And stay the F**k away from our club.

Now I will eat humble pie if Guadiola gets the job and had 200 million to spend...I will also show my arse on the town hall steps.
      bobdeakin2009
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
      Reply #101: May 16, 2012 05:24:41 pm
      not happy, realistically the best we can do is AVB or probably rafa
      these cu*ts who have been shouting for rafa over the last few months are the same cu*ts who were shouting for his head a few seasons ago but he is probably the best thats available at the minute
      Some of us want what is best for the club. We will all have differing opinions on that.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #102: May 16, 2012 05:25:09 pm
      F**k Me
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #103: May 16, 2012 05:26:24 pm
      Fook reading the gloating cu*ts in the papers tomorrow
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #104: May 16, 2012 05:27:21 pm
      You know what im not going to sit around and feel sorry for Kenny or myself, ive decide im going to celebrate Kenny as our player then player/Manager and now former Manager.

Enjoy your Holiday Boss with Marina you deserve a good break and thank you from the darkest part of my heart for being there for us once more in our hour of need.

YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #105: May 16, 2012 05:28:21 pm
      Apparently (from the lad who said Ayre is on his way out) the club are only listening to David Dein.

I said that myself this morning in the Kenny thread mate.

The Kop / Re: Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool Manager
      « on: Today at 12:58:40 PM »
      Quote from: HUYTON RED on Today at 12:46:09 PM

How can things change, when the owners haven't got a F***ing igloo about the sport, who the F**k is advising them?

Davie Dein is giving them a lot of advice.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #106: May 16, 2012 05:28:31 pm
      I can't believe it.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #107: May 16, 2012 05:28:49 pm
      Absolutely gutted!

So if we don't get Top Four next season the new manager will be sacked aswel? Kenny would have got it right! I know it! Its Kenny!

LONG LIVE THE KING
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #108: May 16, 2012 05:29:22 pm
      If it were any other manager in the world, most of the people here wouldn't be half as angry as they are. I've thought myself that whether he stayed or not, I could understand the decision. I'm sad to see Kenny leave, but the truth is we were abysmal at times this season. Did he deserve another season? I'd say yes, but I can understand the mentality of FSG. They sanctioned a hell of a lot of money spent, and the return on the players has been disappointing.

They need to ensure they get a top class manager in, who can really move the club forward.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #109: May 16, 2012 05:29:42 pm
      Absolutely gutted!

So if we don't get Top Four next season the new manager will be sacked aswel? Kenny would have got it right! I know it! Its Kenny!

LONG LIVE THE KING

Yea I know, we are starting to turn into Chelsea - in terms of sacking managers without giving them time.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #110: May 16, 2012 05:29:44 pm

How can things change, when the owners haven't got a f**king igloo about the sport, who the f**k is advising them?

Does he have an official position within the club?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #111: May 16, 2012 05:30:06 pm
      So, Pep Guardiola, after just leaving one of the best teams in the history of club football for a sebatical, will suddenly jump at the chance to manage a team who have just finished 8th in the league, have no DoF, have no DoC, no CoE, no new stadium, have sacked 3 managers in the past two years & do not have endless finances to throw at players?

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble.

We won't be in the market for top draw managers. We've blown that opportunity with the carousel of sacking managers we have just embarked on.

I truly do fear for the next manager that comes in, because if he doesn't conjure up a top 4 position within his first season & (God forbid) a trophy, I have no doubt the same people who were screaming for Kenny to be given the boot on twitter will be back here again in 12 months time demanding another manager and another miracle.

Expecting someone like Martinez personally. Rafa is the only realistic option in the bracket of "Top class" managers I see coming to us.

I See Red People
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      • Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road...
      Reply #112: May 16, 2012 05:30:11 pm
      Gutted but not surprised.  FSG ousted the most successful Red Sox manager in living memory last summer after the team squandered what seemed a certain berth in the post-season.  These guys do not mess about.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #113: May 16, 2012 05:30:30 pm
      They gave him ONE full season, a disappointing season I grant you, but one season. And I dont aim this at you personally mate, and I am talking in anger, but recent history proves to me that yanks know f**k all about football and should stay out of the game. And stay the f**k away from our club.

Now I will eat humble pie if Guadiola gets the job and had 200 million to spend...I will also show my arse on the town hall steps.

I hear you loud and clear. No offense taken. They don't know the game so they are obviously making decision based on input from someone that they think does.

Like I said...I'm not happy with the decision either...but I'm trying to be optimistic. This time next year if we've won cups (league and Euro) and are in the title hunt I suppose it will ease the pain a bit.

Nothing to do but hope now.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #114: May 16, 2012 05:30:52 pm

How can things change, when the owners haven't got a f**king igloo about the sport, who the f**k is advising them?

Good job.

That info hasn't been hidden.

Quick Reply