Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who should be the next Liverpool manager?

Rafael Benitez
      (53.5%)
      Andre Villas-Boas
      (19.4%)
      Jürgen Klopp
      (11.1%)
      Roberto Martinez
      (4.5%)
      Joachim Low
      (1.8%)
      Didier Deschamps
      (1.8%)
      Frank Rijkaard
      (2.4%)
      Brendan Rodgers
      (2.9%)
      Fabio Capello
      (2.7%)

The next Liverpool FC manager?

Read 338128 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: The next Liverpool FC manager?
      Reply #5336: May 30, 2012 02:08:32 pm
      Brave new era, very intrigued who the DoF is going to be. Van Gaal / Rodgers mix is a gamble for sure but one I've very interested to see how it works out if the rumours are to be believed. Read a lot about Rodgers in the past few days and I'm not going to say he moved to my number 1 choice as Rafa will always be that but I'm a lot less sceptical about him than I was a few days ago and he'll have my full support (providing of course he is confirmed which I think is a formality).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,373 posts | 4973 
      Reply #5337: May 30, 2012 02:10:25 pm
      Just watched that MOTD 3 clip with Rodgers and again I'm more impressed than I was a few days ago.

The guy just seems to have something about him and although it's one thing talking about football he has shown that he can put his ideas into practice.

As I said last night I just can't quite put my finger on it but I have a feeling he is ready for this move and although I have always said I would like a younger manager but with experience of winning I am really warming to the idea of Rodgers.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #5338: May 30, 2012 02:12:00 pm
      Tbh, I'd prefer if we went for a different DoF. I don't like the sound of LVG. Rogers I'm fine with; not a top choice, but I'll back him 120%. If it's going to be announced within 48 hours, it'll probably be nearer the end of the 48 and they'll unveil a manager, a DoF, the kit deal, and Segura as technical director (another strong rumor flying around, not sure if true?) all at once.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #5339: May 30, 2012 02:12:04 pm
      Funny how Rodgers got the last place on the poll (only 6%).
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #5340: May 30, 2012 02:12:40 pm
      Funny how Rodgers got the last place on the poll (only 6%).

He wasn't our top choice. That doesn't mean he was our last choice, though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5341: May 30, 2012 02:13:14 pm
      Brave new era, very intrigued who the DoF is going to be. Van Gaal / Rodgers mix is a gamble for sure but one I've very interested to see how it works out if the rumours are to be believed. Read a lot about Rodgers in the past few days and I'm not going to say he moved to my number 1 choice as Rafa will always be that but I'm a lot less sceptical about him than I was a few days ago and he'll have my full support (providing of course he is confirmed which I think is a formality).

Apparently there are going to be THREE sporting directors. May prove even more interesting/frustrating than who becomes manager :D

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #5342: May 30, 2012 02:14:17 pm
      Apparently there are going to be THREE sporting directors. May prove even more interesting/frustrating than who becomes manager :D

Jeeze. That sounds like it is asking for trouble, because no doubt there will be disagreements.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #5343: May 30, 2012 02:15:27 pm
      As I have already said , if confirmed , I will support him ,but can't say I'm feeling overjoyed.
      If as it seems , they have not even spoken to Rafa , then they have gone down in my estimation.
      My overriding feeling though , is sadness that they sacked Kenny to bring in someone who's won nothing , has no Eoropean experience and is one huge gamble.
      I truly hope they know what they are doing.
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #5344: May 30, 2012 02:16:54 pm
      Rodgers needs more then 2 years imo to shape team how he wants,this year he needs to get rid of all those who simple love to hoof the F***ing ball,or to make them stop doing it.In some way,think fans will turn on him quickly if he has sh*t start, 3 defeats and ppl will come with  "he is not on our level,Liverpool is to big for him,must be someone true red bla bla bla"
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #5345: May 30, 2012 02:16:57 pm
      At least we know now that it will be Rodgers - as soon as the BBC report it, it's as good as fact. I'm not sure I could have taken much more of this waiting. I will support Rodgers 100% as all good Reds will do.

I suspect it will be announced on Friday with the new kit launch and possibly other announcements too.

Onwards and upwards.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #5346: May 30, 2012 02:17:21 pm
      Yesterday's rumour was that Rodgers became the #1 target because Martinez had turned down the offer. This article sounds about right:

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/30/3136828/martinez-drops-out-of-liverpool-race-as-fsg-line-up-three

Although at the moment.. no idea who has their info correct.

People talking about Rafa - could he be prepared to take one of the other roles on offer?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5347: May 30, 2012 02:17:22 pm
      Could be right there Saint but I'm glad the owners seem to have a vision and are going with it, as much as I personally think they were wrong in sacking Kenny I respect the way they've handled this and attempted as much as possible (Dave "gobs***e" Whelan) to keep the media in the  dark. Also like the idea of promoting Segura, has been a massive asset since he came in and the more input he can have the better in my eyes.

With regards Rodgers not being top choice in the poll, the poll was put up very soon after Rodgers came out and declined an interview so I believe a few, like myself, would of thought he'd ruled himself out. Which of course wasn't the case, even so I'm not saying he would of got in the top 5 of our poll results but they are slightly skewed by the timing.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5348: May 30, 2012 02:20:03 pm
      Let's run with the Rodgers appointment for a second. How do you think he'll line up the current squad?
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #5349: May 30, 2012 02:20:04 pm
      BBC 5 Live reporting LFC will NOT appoint a DOF and that Rodgers will have full control. Still no one knows what is happening!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5350: May 30, 2012 02:21:17 pm
      So yesterday Huw Jenkins states we haven't been in touch about Rodgers.

So that says he has not even spoke to FSG in the manner that Martinez did.

And you're all expecting him to be announced ? :D

FSG have a structure in place for the interview process, I don't expect them to deviate from that and appoint a manager they haven't even spoke to & nor should you lot.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5351: May 30, 2012 02:22:53 pm
      Could be right there Saint but I'm glad the owners seem to have a vision and are going with it, as much as I personally think they were wrong in sacking Kenny I respect the way they've handled this and attempted as much as possible (Dave "gobs***e" Whelan) to keep the media in the  dark. Also like the idea of promoting Segura, has been a massive asset since he came in and the more input he can have the better in my eyes.

As long as their roles are well defined and demarcated it may not be a bad idea. The problem is that there are always grey areas of responsibility which could lead to conflict.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/30/3136828/martinez-turns-down-liverpool-over-plans-for-three-sporting
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5352: May 30, 2012 02:23:09 pm
      And you shouldn't believe everything you hear in the media Red, there's no way they'll appoint him without having an interview but if you truly believe there's been no contact between FSG and Rodgers at this point you must be crazy.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #5353: May 30, 2012 02:24:24 pm
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
      Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool manager in the next 48 hours.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #5354: May 30, 2012 02:24:32 pm
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
      Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool manager in the next 48 hours.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #5355: May 30, 2012 02:24:55 pm
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #5356: May 30, 2012 02:24:55 pm
      I'm happier with Rodgers than Martinez.  He didn't lose any games in the Prem by 8 or 9 goals and didn't go on 8 match losing streaks like Martinez has. I think he's a much better prospect to make it at a top club.

His style of football will be welcome at Anfield but whether he has the ability to sign quality players and make them perform under the pressure that is Liverpool is still the HUGE question mark about him.   He has everything to prove given his very limited experience as a manager.

Really hope it turns out well for everyone. 
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #5357: May 30, 2012 02:26:22 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18235961

Brendan Rodgers set to take charge at Liverpool

Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool boss in the next 48 hours.
      The clubs are understood to be discussing compensation for the 39-year-old, with Swansea likely to receive a compensation payment of between £4m and £5m.
      Wigan manager Roberto Martinez had been in contention after meeting with owner John W Henry in Miami last week.
      But attention has since switched back to Rodgers.
      Liverpool sacked former manager Kenny Dalglish on 16 May after finishing eighth in the Premier League, 17 points from a Champions League qualification spot.
      In contrast, Rodgers guided his Swansea side to an impressive first season in the top flight, including a 1-0 win over Liverpool on the final day of the season.
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #5358: May 30, 2012 02:27:08 pm
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Quick Reply