Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who should be the next Liverpool manager?

Rafael Benitez
      (53.5%)
      Andre Villas-Boas
      (19.4%)
      Jürgen Klopp
      (11.1%)
      Roberto Martinez
      (4.5%)
      Joachim Low
      (1.8%)
      Didier Deschamps
      (1.8%)
      Frank Rijkaard
      (2.4%)
      Brendan Rodgers
      (2.9%)
      Fabio Capello
      (2.7%)

The next Liverpool FC manager?

Read 334049 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: The next Liverpool FC manager?
      Reply #5474: May 30, 2012 04:03:32 pm
      Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins

Manager: Brendan Rodgers. Sporting Director: Louis van Gaal. Technical Director: Pep Segura. #LFC

Happy or at least a little happier with that if true
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5475: May 30, 2012 04:04:39 pm
      I know what you're staffletop but AVB was nailed on, Martinez was nailed on and now Rodgers is nailed on, media wise its been a big guessing game.

So far it appears they have called very little right.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5476: May 30, 2012 04:05:27 pm
      Is there any evidence that JWH is even in town? I've been in and out of here all day and I haven't seen any.

As far as we know he could be lying on a sun lounger by his pool with Linda massaging Hawaiian Tropic on his back.

Is anyone even at Anfield apart from a sky sports reporter waiting for someone to fart?

We're just mushrooms, fed sh*t and kept in the dark. Having said that, even though my mind is everywhere I'm quite enjoying this final stage.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #5477: May 30, 2012 04:05:28 pm
      A lot of Swansea fans seem to think Sigurdsson will follow Rodgers to Liverpool...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5478: May 30, 2012 04:06:19 pm
      I could tell you LVG will be announced Friday Res, just saying.

The media have been all over and if you've kept an open eye on it over the last fortbight, you'd know to take anything with a pinch salt.

Even more so when the media are eporting he'll be announced in 48 hours when he hadn't even talked to JWH, forgive me for being cynical but that doesn't add up.

Completely understand mate, and I know that people have doubts about who it will be, how they'll do, etc, etc. I know.

I haven't believed a single word the media have said. Until now.

Right now I've got that same feeling from the media as when Rafa was sacked, Torres left, Suarez arrived and Hodgson left.

Call it intuition, call it what you like, but I'm 99.999% certain that Rodgers is, as of now, the Liverpool FC manager.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5479: May 30, 2012 04:07:00 pm
      I believe that too Chats, certainly done very well for them and he'd make a few from the transfer boards happy, if £7m is the price being offered I think that's not bad value.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5480: May 30, 2012 04:07:48 pm
      John Henry and Werners in Liverpool exiled, seen pictures of them leaving Anfield yesterday, plus they have the premier league meeting this week.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5481: May 30, 2012 04:09:08 pm
      A lot of Swansea fans seem to think Sigurdsson will follow Rodgers to Liverpool...

A lot of our fans think we'll sign Cavani and Rafa would return to be a Sporting Director... if you catch my drift.

But to be honest, I'd take Glyfi.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #5482: May 30, 2012 04:09:35 pm
      I know what you're staffletop but AVB was nailed on, Martinez was nailed on and now Rodgers is nailed on, media wise its been a big guessing game.

So far it appears they have called very little right.

;D...yup, i know, doing my head in, and its not like I can get away from it all, everyone is talking about the same things...anyway, we will know soon enough' :)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5483: May 30, 2012 04:10:23 pm

That would make my day ;D
      Where you seen that?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5484: May 30, 2012 04:12:02 pm
      John Henry and Werners in Liverpool exiled, seen pictures of them leaving Anfield yesterday, plus they have the premier league meeting this week.

Cheers Daz. Just haven't seen anything. ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #5485: May 30, 2012 04:12:12 pm
      That would make my day ;D
      Where you seen that?

Just browsing a Swansea forum a few minutes ago. Most of them seem to think it was Rodgers' that persuaded Sigurdsson to move.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #5486: May 30, 2012 04:12:30 pm
      I agree entirely, and maintain the even considering managers like Martinez and Rodgers IS an insult to LFC.

Then I read this...

Now I am confused. The things he says in this article more than tick all the right boxes for me. Although I dont believe he is anywhere near good enough for us.

I don't expect us winning the league for the foreseeable future, maybe a generation, the way Chavs and Citeh spend..[dont give me the fair play rules, even i can think of lots of ways to get round it, I am sure multi millionaire businessmen can think of them too].

So we will have to subscribe to, what I believe is FSG's plan for the club, constantly playing in champions league and collecting the cash. I think FSG will be more than happy with this, hence the reason they sacked KK after 2 finals, 1 cup, but a poor league finish.

If this IS the case, then playing attractive attacking football will make it worthwhile....Although Arsenal fans seem to disagree.

This.

Better get used to playing for top 4 and *win* sh|t all. Good tippy-tappy football is fine but need to win the PL. Sorry, but just I don't see us doing that with BR.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #5487: May 30, 2012 04:13:01 pm
      Right your probably gonna think i'm mental but i've just stuck £40 on Rafa next manager at 120/1 betfair

My way of thinking is it's an interview process and every manager on the list gets a chance to impress.. Last week Rodgers was 12/1 and Martinez 1/10 now one week on it's Rodgers 1/20 and Martinez 20/1. the whole time Rafa has moved higher and higher. He was odds on after Kenny got the sack, we all expect him to get an interview so am i so mental? fair enough if Rodgers gets the job but for now until anything is confirmed i'm gonna live in a dream

Rafa made me dare to dream so much in the past, why not now? ;)

staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #5488: May 30, 2012 04:13:20 pm
      I cant sit here any longer and listen to how people will be happy to have Rodgers as manager, I am off until there is an official statement, than I WILL come back and vent my anger at the board if/when they appoint a nobody.

Call me what u like, its my opinion.  ;D

later guys.  :)
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5489: May 30, 2012 04:14:48 pm
      Right your probably gonna think i'm mental but i've just stuck £40 on Rafa next manager at 120/1 betfair

My way of thinking is it's an interview process and every manager on the list gets a chance to impress.. Last week Rodgers was 12/1 and Martinez 1/10 now one week on it's Rodgers 1/20 and Martinez 20/1. the whole time Rafa has moved higher and higher. He was odds on after Kenny got the sack, we all expect him to get an interview so am i so mental? fair enough if Rodgers gets the job but for now until anything is confirmed i'm gonna live in a dream

If you didn't want that forty quid you could have given it to me.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #5490: May 30, 2012 04:15:27 pm
      I cant sit here any longer and listen to how people will be happy to have Rodgers as manager, I am off until there is an official statement, than I WILL come back and vent my anger at the board if/when they appoint a nobody.

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5491: May 30, 2012 04:16:55 pm
      Whoever becomes our new manager, I will back him to the hilt, at least until we lose a preseason game anyway.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #5492: May 30, 2012 04:17:32 pm
      THE ANFIELD WRAP ‏@TheAnfieldWrap
      Brendan Rodgers, Three Year Deal, Done.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5493: May 30, 2012 04:18:08 pm

Surely with a name like yours you have contacts?

It was mentioned in here before that Rafa left the country today, not really the actions of our new manager. You never know, good luck!

Bye, what u like.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5494: May 30, 2012 04:18:21 pm

Is this meeting in london Daz?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5495: May 30, 2012 04:18:24 pm

I feel you brother.

Would be amazed if FSG had only him and Martinez on their shortlist.

The guy is possibly half way through doing a George Burley with Ipswich.

Too soon for him no matter how you try and dress it up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,395 posts | 2823 
      Reply #5496: May 30, 2012 04:18:33 pm

Done deal.

Quick Reply