Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ian Ayre Managing Director

Read 49195 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Re: Ian Ayre Managing Director
      Reply #391: Aug 20, 2013 02:12:10 pm
      When you start to think Rick Parry wasn't that bad at his job then you know the current guy really is sh*te.

This guy is a disaster and nowhere near the quality needed to run a club with ambitions such as ours.

That is if FSG's ambitions really are as they say they are.
      This. Spurs getting Baldini while us staying with this s**t is ridiculous.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #392: Aug 20, 2013 02:18:04 pm
      I think he is very disciplined financially. We will definitely make very good profit growth in five years.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #393: Aug 20, 2013 02:25:10 pm
      Starting to think he should disappear up his own Ayre's Hole.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #394: Aug 20, 2013 02:26:48 pm
      Apparently Billy Hogan was doing the Willian deal, I don't think it had anything to do with Ayre.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #395: Aug 20, 2013 03:27:08 pm
      Starting to think he should disappear up his own Ayre's Hole.
      I was under the impression that is where he spent most of  his time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #396: Aug 20, 2013 03:27:27 pm
      When you start to think Rick Parry wasn't that bad at his job then you know the current guy really is sh*te.

This guy is a disaster and nowhere near the quality needed to run a club with ambitions such as ours.

That is if FSG's ambitions really are as they say they are.

We need a David Dein type figure...and fast.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #397: Aug 20, 2013 05:32:34 pm
      Apparently Billy Hogan was doing the Willian deal, I don't think it had anything to do with Ayre.
      That wouldn't be the biggest surprise

Who was the person that employed Jen Chang ? In all likelihood JH sourced, then employed Chang. I don't believe Ayre had any say.

If you don't trust your MD to decided who is going to be the new director of communications. Why would you trust him to sign a multi million pound player ? 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #398: Aug 20, 2013 05:32:47 pm
      I think he is very disciplined financially. We will definitely make very good profit growth in five years.

Yeah whilst lingering mid table and fighting for 10th because the club would have sold our top players and not signed anyone to replace them.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #399: Aug 20, 2013 07:49:32 pm
      WTF? I'm speechless!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #400: Aug 20, 2013 07:51:25 pm
      Don't be there seems to be plenty of whoppers on here thinking making money is better than winning trophies
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #401: Aug 20, 2013 08:07:35 pm
      Couldn't stand the guy from day one.  Altho' there are a number of appointments at LFC I feel less happy about. Didn't have the pedigree, the sincerity, the competence. He's a Fenway man. But I'm NOT gonna demand he is sacked. Because we've had enough scapegoating. Whatever he does is a result of Fenway's direction. "We come not to compete" should be their motto. Its just a business to them.

Ayre (and its aptly named but wrongly spelt) is a satellite receiver salesman, and a former CEO of Huddersfield. Thats about his thing. NOT being CEO of one of the World's (formerly?) largest football clubs.

PS I was gonna say (as Witto says) that Hogan was trying to do the Willian deal. I dread to thing how that went on. The crassness of Americans when it comes to managing football clubs is horrifying. In truth, the Americans want to do away with the transfer system and bring in a Euro superleague, and eventually some kind of "draft" system. That way the cartel will be complete.

As football fans, we see the CEOs of Arsenal and Man Utd as rivals. John Henry sees them as colleagues in cartel they hope to form.

Its a long story and not much has been reported yet. But one of the big managment consultancies did an indepth report about the idea of a Euro League. |

PS the idea of a guy who lives in America negotiating the Willian deal just about sums it up...
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #402: Aug 20, 2013 08:15:13 pm
      Yeah whilst lingering mid table and fighting for 10th because the club would have sold our top players and not signed anyone to replace them.

I thought I was over in Rawk for a second, after reading ruthcity. Just waiting for the bizarre "regression analysis" on the case to sell Suarez  :D

We call it a football club. They call it a business venture. We want our money spent on players. Henry wants it spend on his new yachts.

Bill Shankly would have chinned them. Rafa would have given them the Vs in a press conference.  Brendan Rodgers just says "how great" they are...

Our squad depreciates 25m or so pa(maybe 30m or so). That is what they are allowed as a tax write off on the squad.
       That is whats needed just to stand still. So with a zero net spend, over several years, massive injury is being inflicted upon our chances vs *our* rivals.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #403: Aug 20, 2013 09:13:31 pm
      F***ing hopeless this guy is. He couldn't organise an orgy in a whorehouse. Get rid of him, his record is atrocious, but somehow, I bet FSG are revelling in his failure.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #404: Aug 20, 2013 09:59:47 pm
      Did well as commercial director, and thats where it stayed. FSG know what they've got with him, and it suits their agenda.
      Not footballing reasons, just business.
      Thats why its such a bitter pill to swallow, we as fans want LFC up there because we beleive thats where we belong, but they want us up there because we make more money and Ayre is their mouthpiece.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #405: Aug 21, 2013 02:21:42 pm
      Where are people getting Billy Hogan, the commercial director, was doing the negotiation for Willian from?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #406: Aug 21, 2013 02:29:35 pm
      Think its time to F**k him off or plonk a DOF with a proven pedigree above Rodgers.

3 of our most ambitious transfer targets have rejected us one way or another this summer, we need some one who is respected throughout Europe that can sell Liverpool FC to the players with or without Champions League Football.

Look at the Pull AVB has for players at Tottenham compared to Rodgers for us.

Said when Rodgers was first offered the job I was concerned about his ability to attract players as outside of England, I couldn't imagine any players thinking, you know what I'd really love to play under Brendan Rodgers.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #407: Aug 21, 2013 03:01:03 pm
      I would personally like to thank Ian Ayre on doing a fabulous job negotiating and bringing in 3 quality marquee signings this summer.

He is a credit to the club.

Oh.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #408: Aug 21, 2013 03:22:55 pm

Look at the Pull AVB has for players at Tottenham compared to Rodgers for us.

AVB has had success as a manager and he was fu**ed about by the Chelsea mafia.Coupled to SPurs obvious intent to improve foreign players will not have heard much of Brendan and FSG's cutting policy hardly sells us as an ambitious club.In short were fu**ed
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #409: Aug 21, 2013 04:00:27 pm
      Looks like are marque signing could be getting Suarez to stay.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #410: Aug 21, 2013 04:02:59 pm
      Nah.  Even I could of made Suarez stay here, by simply shoving the contract he signed into his face.

Ayre seems to of done F**k all for 2 months now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #411: Aug 21, 2013 04:26:14 pm
      Nah.  Even I could of made Suarez stay here, by simply shoving the contract he signed into his face.

Ayre seems to of done f**k all for 2 months now.

He had one night where he was up to 4am on the phones, poor lad needed a rest.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #412: Aug 21, 2013 06:01:48 pm

Ayre seems to of done F**k all for 2 months now.

He got his face all over pics from the Asian Tour and probably cashed in the season ticket money!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #413: Aug 21, 2013 06:25:07 pm
      Looks like are marque signing could be getting Suarez to stay.
      Don't think for one moment that this isn't on the cards as a major signing.

Quick Reply