Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jen Chang's very short reign at Liverpool

Read 48508 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4589 
      Re: Jen Chang appointed New Communications Director
      Reply #299: Nov 01, 2012 03:46:20 pm
      I still have the opinion that the Boss's above Chang knew about this gig hence the lenient slap on the wrist.

As for sending in men with leather jackets thats old school,send in the F***ing Triads,im sure Chang knows a few in Manchester. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #300: Nov 02, 2012 10:30:54 am
      Worse thing about this is that Chang got his telephone number, and then 'hired someone' to find out his name, address, and found out all about his parents business, then suggested he could have 'journos' print things about him which would damage his parents business - never mind the cancelling season ticket thing.

Absolutely appalling.

No doubt at all he should be sacked - simply not befitting someone who should be involved at the highest reaches of our club.  In fact, if you're reading this, you should resign.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #301: Nov 02, 2012 10:39:25 am
      You are right, the club completed their investigation and made a formal apology based on heresay.
      Thanks for playing.

Or maybe just maybe the club were backed into a corner by the media coverage it gained and felt an apology was the quickest and easiest resolution ?

Remember the last time the club supported one of their own and the furore that ensued ?

The fact that chang never collected his P45 and joined the local dole que is enough to suggest that the club did not find anything to back up Jenkins claims.

I really don't know which game you are playing, but you're very good at the one that is so obvious you wouldn't realise it if it jumped up and bit you on the nose.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #302: Nov 02, 2012 10:41:05 am
      Worse thing about this is that Chang got his telephone number, and then 'hired someone' to find out his name, address, and found out all about his parents business, then suggested he could have 'journos' print things about him which would damage his parents business - never mind the cancelling season ticket thing.

Absolutely appalling.

No doubt at all he should be sacked - simply not befitting someone who should be involved at the highest reaches of our club.  In fact, if you're reading this, you should resign.

I only read the last sentence, now I'm out of a job.  :(
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #303: Nov 02, 2012 10:48:57 am
      JD excellent post appalling behaviour by anyone associated with the club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #304: Nov 02, 2012 10:53:31 am
      Where's the actual proof that Chang done any of that ?

Do you all seriously believe if the evidence was there he'd still be employed by the club ?

Wake up and smell the coffee for fucks sake.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,241 posts | 8576 
      Reply #305: Nov 02, 2012 01:15:15 pm
      Where's the actual proof that Chang done any of that ?

Do you all seriously believe if the evidence was there he'd still be employed by the club ?

Wake up and smell the coffee for fucks sake.

Mate the letter of apology is a bit of a giveaway that Chang 'did something'
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #306: Nov 02, 2012 01:20:46 pm
      Mate the letter of apology is a bit of a giveaway that Chang 'did something'
      Its either sinister or incompetent either way if he worked for a FTSE company he would be out on his arse especially given his job title.
      Its another situation were an appointment has been made without understanding the nature of the JOB.FOOTBALL IS DIFFERENT and logic sometimes does not apply.
      Our Executives look lightweight even more worringly they act lightweight.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #307: Nov 02, 2012 01:22:21 pm
      I think the letter of apology was just to draw a line under it and move on mate.

If Chang had done something and the club had the evidence he'd done something he'd be clearing out his desk.

Bearing in mind here if the club did have the evidence they could sack Chang for gross misconduct and he wouldn't be entitled to a penny.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #308: Nov 02, 2012 01:24:37 pm
      I think the letter of apology was just to draw a line under it and move on mate.

If Chang had done something and the club had the evidence he'd done something he'd be clearing out his desk.

Bearing in mind here if the club did have the evidence they could sack Chang for gross misconduct and he wouldn't be entitled to a penny.

Totally agree Daz, there's been a lot said about this, but at the end of the day it is only one person's word against another. I am not going to believe the word of a self confessed WUM without any proof to back that up. When I said Chang should step down it was on the proviso that "if" the events depicted by Jenkins were proved true, not happened so no reason for Chang to step down at all at this moment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,241 posts | 8576 
      Reply #309: Nov 02, 2012 01:25:22 pm
      Our Executives look lightweight even more worringly they act lightweight.

I know meeting in Manchester for a start when the Ma Bo was free in town is a disgrace in itself!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #310: Nov 02, 2012 01:32:09 pm
      We never hung Suarez on Evra's evidence so why Chang in similar circumstances, they both came down to one mans word against another.

Both Suarez and Chang issues apologies, I just think the club were smarter this time around and brought it to a swift resolution.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #311: Nov 02, 2012 01:41:20 pm

My own view is that Chang met with him with the full knowledge and agreement of Ayres to find the "mole". Once Chang realised that he was just some idiot messing around I think Chang probably decided off his own bat to throw a scare into him which went a little too far.

Obviously with Ayres tacit approval it becomes difficult to do more than apologise and give Chang a warning. Just another minor cockup blown out of all proportion to add to the list.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #312: Nov 02, 2012 02:10:47 pm
      My feelings are Jenkins (Cummins) loves the limelight, he's an attention seeker what better way to get attention than to make accusations against the club he supposedly loves ?

Nothing in Changs emails or twitter DM's to Jenkins suggest that he spoke to him out of turn or did anything other than treat him with respect.

I'd love to see the evidence that Chang done anything but that, but I'm not going to crucify him when its apparently not there.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #313: Nov 02, 2012 02:18:46 pm
      As far as I'm concerned both Chang and Cummins acted like douchebags. Chang for tracking down a parody account and Cummins for trying to be -- but failing to actually be -- funny.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,260 posts | 4933 
      Reply #314: Nov 02, 2012 02:54:08 pm
      As far as I'm concerned both Chang and Cummins acted like douchebags. Chang for tracking down a parody account and Cummins for trying to be -- but failing to actually be -- funny.

I agree mate but Cummins isn't employed by the club and Chang is and that is when his part in this automatically becomes more of a problem.

It's all very well for Cummins to act as he did on the internet but a club employee, and one in charge of PR, should no better than to get involved and the fact he did raises questions as to whether or not he is the right person for the role he has been given.
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012 03:13:28 pm by srslfc »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #315: Nov 02, 2012 03:08:26 pm
      Mate U don't apologize for nothing leaves you open to a civil suit
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4589 
      Reply #316: Nov 02, 2012 03:09:00 pm
      To be frank & honest about the whole affair,it was wrong for all connected to the club to even entertain the idea going after a blogger just to find a club mole.

Chang still holds his office because of orders given from above,and we all know when order are given they come from the very top down to the foot soldier.

All complicit in this sorry affair.
      ilikeliverpool
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #317: Nov 16, 2012 02:28:15 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #318: Nov 16, 2012 02:31:14 pm
      Stay away from Marcotti ya cu*ts.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #319: Nov 16, 2012 02:32:26 pm

Crikey.

I saw a retweet on Twitter the other day from someone saying that Lucas will be in full training tomorrow and Jen Chang will be gone by Friday. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the part about Chang but he got it spot on.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #320: Nov 16, 2012 02:32:57 pm
      Who next then - I'm sure there must be a good comms/pr guy out there ?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #321: Nov 16, 2012 02:34:36 pm
      Who next then - I'm sure there must be a good comms/pr guy out there ?

I hear Ayre is good...

Quick Reply