Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Jen Chang's very short reign at Liverpool

Read 47713 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Jen Chang appointed New Communications Director
      Reply #345: Nov 16, 2012 05:03:37 pm
      Yes.

A ridiculous situation for a head of communications to get involved in if you ask me.

Still doesn't get by the fact that FSG seem to have an uncanny knack of hiring people who are sh*t at their supposed jobs.

Makes you wonder how they won 2 World Titles Series with the Red Sox or did they just stumble along as they doing here?.

To be quite honest at the time and i still do think he was the right appointment to make but what he got himself involved in,in order to find a mole eventually cost him.

Should never have gone to those lengths and im sure Ayres gave his blessing at the time becaus ethe decision to go after the mole must have come from the top.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #346: Nov 16, 2012 05:05:48 pm
      What if Chang did it all on his own back and Ayre wasn't involved at all ?

I expect they won the World Series because Red Sox was in a better position than us when they took over
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #347: Nov 16, 2012 05:07:26 pm
      Makes you wonder how they won 2 World Titles Series with the Red Sox or did they just stumble along as they doing here?.

I presume they had a bit more knowledge of the sport Shabs but it does beg the question why they didn't initially hire the best 'football' person they could get to help them when they first took over the club.

If I'm going to buy a business I have little knowledge of I will hire the best person I can afford to run it for me as soon as I can.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #348: Nov 16, 2012 05:09:15 pm
      What if Chang did it all on his own back and Ayre wasn't involved at all ?

I expect they won the World Series because Red Sox was in a better position than us when they took over

Are you suggesting that no meeting ever took place between Ayre,Chang & Boston to discuss a way of finding out where the leaks were coming from and it was left to Chang to carry out his operation with full knowledge of the board?.

I find it very hard to beleive the MD had no prior knowledge of this.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #349: Nov 16, 2012 05:14:09 pm
      Are you suggesting that no meeting ever took place between Ayre,Chang & Boston to discuss a way of finding out where the leaks were coming from and it was left to Chang to carry out his operation with full knowledge of the board?.

I find it very hard to beleive the MD had no prior knowledge of this.

So you have never seen an employee working on his own

Yes the club might have asked him to find out about a mole - but not in the way he went about it and the "apparent" confrontation that happened.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,083 posts | 963 
      Reply #350: Nov 16, 2012 05:17:11 pm

Yep , nothing to do with what nationality he is , but he spent about 6 years in US with ESPN I believe , and so I believe he didn't have the necessary contacts here.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #351: Nov 16, 2012 05:19:30 pm
      George.

There is a position available at the club for a Communications Director,forward your CV because you are doing a grand job at the mo & feel free to use me as a reference.

The way i run my business is how many run thiers,orders come from the top-get the job done by all means,just dont get F***ing caught like a whopper.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #352: Nov 16, 2012 05:22:53 pm
      George.

There is a position available at the club for a Communications Director,forward your CV because you are doing a grand job at the mo & feel free to use me as a reference.

The way i run my business is how many run thiers,orders come from the top-get the job done by all means,just dont get F***ing caught like a whopper.

I don't really care how you run your business.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #353: Nov 16, 2012 05:25:00 pm

Ouch!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #354: Nov 16, 2012 05:25:50 pm

I don't really see the relevance if I'm being honest ?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #355: Nov 16, 2012 05:26:27 pm

You should because i have not sacked any employe since my takeover 7 years ago ;)
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #356: Nov 16, 2012 05:27:03 pm
      You should because i have not sacked any employe since my takeover 7 years ago ;)

Once again - I'm not sure the relevance and I don't really care.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #357: Nov 16, 2012 05:29:25 pm

George,i dont care wether you think its releveant or not but one point is for sure you are wrong on Ayres non involvement.

Im sure you go about your work without your boss's knowledge.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #358: Nov 16, 2012 05:29:32 pm

Maybe Shabs has a wee think then employs the best people he can afford to help run his business?

Novel idea I know!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #359: Nov 16, 2012 05:32:41 pm
      George,i dont care wether you think its releveant or not but one point is for sure you are wrong on Ayres non involvement.

Im sure you go about your work without your boss's knowledge.

The point is you don't know what Ayres involvement is do you ? Your making assumptions based on how "you" do things.

Ayre could be fully involved or he could have zero to minimal involvement

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #360: Nov 16, 2012 05:33:11 pm

:roll:

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #361: Nov 16, 2012 05:33:42 pm
      Maube Shabs has a wee think then employs the best people he can afford to help run his business?

Novel idea I know!

And im pretty sure owners of successful business ventures into the multi million pounds worth would also think before employing someone.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #362: Nov 16, 2012 05:40:20 pm

:lmao:
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #363: Nov 16, 2012 05:41:14 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #364: Nov 16, 2012 05:41:29 pm
      And im pretty sure owners of successful business ventures into the multi million pounds worth would also think before employing someone.

You really think FSG have went about hiring the best people the right way mate?

I don't and seems while they obviously have some sort of process it is clearly not working as it doesn't take an expert to realise we do not have the right people in senior positions at the club.

It would be fine if we had owners who were fully understanding of the sport and experts in how to run a successful football club but by their own admissions they are far from it as they like to tell us time and time again.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #365: Nov 16, 2012 05:46:17 pm
      You really think FSG have went about hiring the best people the right way mate?

I don't and seems while they obviously have some sort of process it is clearly not working as it doesn't take an expert to realise we do not have the right people in senior positions at the club.

It would be fine if we had owners who were fully understanding of the sport and experts in how to run a successful football club but by their own admissions they are far from it as they like to tell us time and time again.

I believe they will hire people in what they believe is the right way and hiring the people they think will do the best job.

They aren't hiring people they know will make mistakes or hiring people that will F**k up just to piss us off.

I'm pretty sure they looked at Changs history in communications and PR and decided he was a good fit for the job.

As for getting someone in to help them - I agree someone should be there - who that is I'm not sure but at the moment it seems they believe they don't need someone and placing their trust in the management currently at the club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #366: Nov 16, 2012 05:59:50 pm
      Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.
      What a catalogue of F***ing disasters we must be the laughing stock of the league,
      Whilst they try to run the club as a "business" they will keep on falling flat on thier faces.It is a business but one that doesn't make a lot of sense and you need vastly experienced people to run that side of the club and  we have got  Jonny and Tommy over in Boston and Ian Ayres here that really is a strong team. No I was being sarcastic.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #367: Nov 16, 2012 06:04:09 pm
      Is it possible that Chang has left because of his family problems after the storm ruined his home ?

Quick Reply