Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Jen Chang's very short reign at Liverpool

Read 47716 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Jen Chang appointed New Communications Director
      Reply #368: Nov 16, 2012 06:04:21 pm
      So Jen's gone then? Hmmm... must have been guilty. I'm now on the look out to see which poster will be (coincidently) noticeable by his absence.  >:D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #369: Nov 16, 2012 06:07:24 pm
      Is it possible that Chang has left because of his family problems after the storm ruined his home ?

Of course, but we all know the club were never going to admit firing someone over the Duncan Jenkins stuff, that's just like inviting more ridicule from the press, other fans etc.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #370: Nov 16, 2012 06:09:03 pm
      Of course, but we all know the club were never going to admit firing someone over the Duncan Jenkins stuff, that's just like inviting more ridicule from the press, other fans etc.
      So why have they waited this long to sort it out ?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #371: Nov 16, 2012 06:10:12 pm
      Suppose I'll stick my head on the block, I actually thought Jen Chang was a very good appointment when announced back in May, very capable in his field of work & a man who had an interest in the club. However, I don't think anyone could foresee his desire to turn in to a prospective Mafia boss in the months to come, atrocious behavior. Therefore Im afraid the blame must again lie with FSG (Too many peoples delight on here it seems!).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #372: Nov 16, 2012 06:13:17 pm
      Therefore Im afraid the blame must again lie with FSG (Too many peoples delight on here it seems!).

For me it's more about disppointment than blame Danny.

Continually hiring people who they think are right but then turn out to be wrong is getting more than a little tiresome.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #373: Nov 16, 2012 06:14:44 pm
      So why have they waited this long to sort it out ?

Maybe Chang had already handed in his notice and this was the date he was leaving.

Maybe the club were waiting until they had interviewed people to take over.

Maybe Chang is on his way to see Jenkins on a revenge mission before he fucks off home, who knows!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #374: Nov 16, 2012 06:17:38 pm
      Maybe Chang had already handed in his notice and this was the date he was leaving.

Maybe the club were waiting until they had interviewed people to take over.

Maybe Chang is on his way to see Jenkins on a revenge mission before he fucks off home, who knows!

I'd imagine your third option is even more likely than the second HR considering how FSG do things.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #375: Nov 16, 2012 06:18:28 pm
      Is it possible that Chang has left because of his family problems after the storm ruined his home ?
      Are there no lengths you will go to in an attempt to support everything FSG do.
      He fu**ed up big time they needed to let the dust settle before they kicked his sorry arse out of the club.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #376: Nov 16, 2012 06:19:38 pm
      Are there no lengths you will go to in an attempt to support everything FSG do.
      He fu**ed up big time they needed to let the dust settle before they kicked his sorry arse out of the club.

So you support what they have done with Chang ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #377: Nov 16, 2012 06:23:29 pm
      So you support what they have done with Chang ?
      No he should have had his arse kicked with a size ten boot out of the club as soon as it was apparent he had gone all mafia.The only reason they didn't boot himout earlier was again they went for "what looks good" rather than doing what needed to be done.Again its another example of Ayres being a patsy and not able to make any decisions on his own
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #378: Nov 16, 2012 06:26:17 pm
      No he should have had his arse kicked with a size ten boot out of the club as soon as it was apparent he had gone all mafia.The only reason they didn't boot himout earlier was again they went for "what looks good" rather than doing what needed to be done.Again its another example of Ayres being a patsy and not able to make any decisions on his own

Or maybe Chang had more pressing needs and they took that into account.

So do you support their decision to let him go ?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #379: Nov 16, 2012 06:28:38 pm

Nope, it's entirely possible though that he had delusions of being a Scouse Triad.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #380: Nov 16, 2012 06:29:27 pm
      Nope, it's entirely possible though that he had delusions of being a Scouse Triad.

But with poo instead of throwing stars
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #381: Nov 16, 2012 06:30:20 pm
      Or maybe Chang had more pressing needs and they took that into account.

So do you support their decision to let him go ?
      do you always answer every post with a question, do you actually have any  opinions of your own because most of your posts just call into question other people views do you have anything to contribute to this forum other than a question mark.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #382: Nov 16, 2012 06:35:20 pm
      do you always answer every post with a question, do you actually have any  opinions of your own because most of your posts just call into question other people views do you have anything to contribute to this forum other than a question mark.

I have given my view - you accused me of supporting everything they do ( false of course ) so I'm asking do you support them letting Chang go. I'm guessing you don't like to admit you actually support them in this decision and that really grates you. But I'm sure some twist will arrive soon enough to ensure the full anti owner stance isn't harmed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #383: Nov 16, 2012 06:48:29 pm
      I wondered when this would be blamed on FSG.

Didn't take long ;D

I don't suppose people have thought that he had a good CV and was the best candidate, who then made a massive error of judgement where the fake journo was concerned?

No, thought not.
      Easier to just fire off some more sh*te at FSG, instead of actually trying a bit of critical thinking.

I'm not a fan of theirs and they have made mistakes, but this constant bombardment against them is getting very boring.

You fella's that hate them so much better hold onto your hats, because they are going to be here for an awful long time yet unless some mad arab wants to pay them a billion dollars for us.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #384: Nov 16, 2012 06:57:43 pm
      I don't suppose people have thought that he had a good CV and was the best candidate, who then made a massive error of judgement

I get that Swab; seems reasonable enough; after all everyone makes mistakes.

To be honest I don't think anyone should be sacked for an error of judgement - especially if they had the best C.V. ... a bit of "critical thinking" here: do you think it was an error of judgement to sack Chang over one mistake?  :-\

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #385: Nov 16, 2012 07:00:59 pm

To be honest I don't think anyone should be sacked for an error of judgement - especially if they had the best C.V. ... a bit of "critical thinking" here: do you think it was an error of judgement to sack Chang over one mistake?  :-\

BBB Total err in judgement similar to what a politician/call girl issue. If he was guilty it was not right and needed to be dealt with.

As far as should he of been sacked over one mistake? Well as I said earlier damned if you do damned if you don't so does it really matter.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #386: Nov 16, 2012 07:01:33 pm

If they have sacked him over the "incident" does that mean they took that guys word over Chang about what happened ? Or did they decide it was utterly stupid to put himself in that position in the first place and for that he must go ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #387: Nov 16, 2012 07:08:43 pm
      Or did they decide it was utterly stupid to put himself in that position in the first place and for that he must go ?

This could be the case and I think that he was stupid to put himself in this position and ridiculous our head of PR is at the centre of such a story.

In saying that though if Jen's superior knew about what was going on and either allowed him to follow it up or even encourage it then that raises more questions than answers.

So in answer to BBB's question if someone should be sacked over one mistake, normally I'd say no but I feel this one was such a bad mistake for the man in charge of PR/Communications to get involved in and he really should have seen it coming.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #388: Nov 16, 2012 07:08:59 pm

I'm not trying to wriggle out of answering that, but really I'd have to know the full facts about everything that went on, and has gone on since.

To sack him over that single error if he had previously been doing a good job would be wrong IMO, so I think other things (possibly including personal issues) dictated his sacking, if indeed that's what it was rather than the reasons given, although I must state that it all seems a little too pat for the family issues to be the reason.

Maybe Chang just bit off more than he can chew, after all the UK media is very unlike the US media when it comes to chucking sh*t around like a vexed monkey.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #389: Nov 16, 2012 07:13:15 pm
      This could be the case and I think that he was stupid to put himself in this position and ridiculous our head of PR is at the centre of such a story.

In saying that though if Jen's superior knew about what was going on and either allowed him to follow it up or even encourage it then that raises more questions than answers.

So in answer to BBB's question if someone should be sacked over one mistake, normally I'd say no but I feel this one was such a bad mistake for the man in charge of PR/Communications to get involved in and he really should have seen it coming.

Yeah I think that's about spot on.

I think Ayre knew he was looking into the "mole" situation but I can't see Ayre being stupid enough to give Chang the green light to meet him ?! If that was the case in sure Chang would have told the owners Ayres involvement and then Ayre on his way out ( to the delight of some )
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Re: Jen Chang's very short reign at Liverpool
      Reply #390: Nov 16, 2012 07:20:59 pm
      Good riddance.

Enough people in the media smearing Liverpool fans.  We don't need an employee of the club doing it.

Quick Reply