Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jen Chang's very short reign at Liverpool

Read 48385 times
      BC231979
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Re: Jen Chang appointed New Communications Director
      Reply #46: May 27, 2012 05:34:14 pm
      Let's give the bloke a chance.

Couldn't do much worse!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #47: May 27, 2012 05:44:51 pm
      June 11th Mr Chang. ?

Can you not do a couple of pre-appointment, part time afternoons and start feeding us all some scraps.

Oh . Go on. You know you can.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #48: Jun 08, 2012 02:46:35 pm
      Jen Chang ‏@JenChang88
      Just arrived in Liverpool and as luck would have it my taxi driver is a Man United fan - he's been talking about Kagawa non stop.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #49: Aug 10, 2012 08:18:00 pm
      I just noticed when we sold Maxi, the offal done the usual tributes for an hour or two then the Borini news came threw and the next 24 hours were basically all about the lad on the offal.

Today we sell Bellamy and for an hour or so it's the tributes to Craig then, Joe Allen signs. Pictures, first interviews etc. and more to come.

It's not a conspiracy theory or anything, I just remember in the past when we sold players that fans liked there would be a backlash. Alonso still sticks sorely out.

I'm just wondering if Jen or someone else has decided to plan when we release info and how to soften blows. I think it's fair to say most of us have known for a while that Bellamy was going. So I think the news was put on hold until there was something new to counter it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #50: Aug 10, 2012 08:33:25 pm
      Which part of Liverpool does she come from?

Ha ha haaaa how did I miss that?

F***ing belter Walt!!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #51: Aug 10, 2012 10:35:10 pm
      I just noticed when we sold Maxi, the offal done the usual tributes for an hour or two then the Borini news came threw and the next 24 hours were basically all about the lad on the offal.

Today we sell Bellamy and for an hour or so it's the tributes to Craig then, Joe Allen signs. Pictures, first interviews etc. and more to come.

It's not a conspiracy theory or anything, I just remember in the past when we sold players that fans liked there would be a backlash. Alonso still sticks sorely out.

I'm just wondering if Jen or someone else has decided to plan when we release info and how to soften blows. I think it's fair to say most of us have known for a while that Bellamy was going. So I think the news was put on hold until there was something new to counter it.

If that is the case they are going to have to come up with something Messi-like if they do the stupidest thing and sell Agger.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #52: Aug 10, 2012 11:51:13 pm

Don't worry mate - it's all been noted.

You are not the first to spot all of this.  Only yesterday me and redkenny were discussing Suarez, and Tony Barrett breaking the fact that his 1 year contract extension tripled his wages.

Let's face it.  Do Fenway really think us Liverpool fans are soft enough to think that Suarez was on £35k a week then make out that letting Aquilani go on a free was good business because he was on £125k a week?

Get real.

The more FSG work on their PR the more suspect they look.  All Fenway have brought to Liverpool so far is spin and PR.  Liverpool fans learned a long time ago to see through bullshit.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Aug 11, 2012 12:54:06 pm
      If they think that just because we may not have access to balance sheets  we dont know that 2+2 makes 4 not 5 ,6 or7.
      For a communications director she is pretty quiet.
      they are practically absent owners now and any plans are made in Boston not Anfield.Ian Ayres is nothing but a yes man a token body of presence at the clubs home which is still Anfield.
      The way they tried to push some blame on to the Council regarding the stadium is shameful.the Council is desperate to clean up the area surrounding the ground its a real eyesore.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #54: Aug 11, 2012 01:09:40 pm
      Walton. Jen Chang is a bloke FYI. :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #55: Aug 11, 2012 01:11:50 pm

Are you messing?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #56: Aug 11, 2012 01:15:18 pm
      If they think that just because we may not have access to balance sheets  we dont know that 2+2 makes 4 not 5 ,6 or7.
      they are practically absent owners now and any plans are made in Boston not Anfield.Ian Ayres is nothing but a yes man a token body of presence at the clubs home which is still Anfield.
      The way they tried to push some blame on to the Council regarding the stadium is shameful.the Council is desperate to clean up the area surrounding the ground its a real eyesore.

She is isn't she.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #57: Aug 11, 2012 01:26:34 pm
      Have to say, I actually think Jen Chang is doing okay, without obviously saying too much. One example I will give is how he posted a link on Twitter to another account which helped fans who may be facing any issues, such as ticketing or with products bought in the club shops.

I think we as fans need to be a little bit less suspicious of those who work behind the scenes at the club. I am not saying give them an easy ride but give them time. We aren't dealing with the clowns who worked under H&G...okay, we do still have Ian Ayre.

:roll:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #58: Aug 11, 2012 01:30:38 pm

I'm fairly sure he is yes. ...  :D
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #59: Aug 11, 2012 01:40:55 pm
      Have to say, I actually think Jen Chang is doing okay, without obviously saying too much. One example I will give is how he posted a link on Twitter to another account which helped fans who may be facing any issues, such as ticketing or with products bought in the club shops.

I think we as fans need to be a little bit less suspicious of those who work behind the scenes at the club. I am not saying give them an easy ride but give them time. We aren't dealing with the clowns who worked under H&G...okay, we do still have Ian Ayre.

:roll:

This.

After the whole Hicks & Gillett affair, it's hardly surprising that supporters are going to be on their guard when it comes to the men upstairs, but I honestly believe that the owners are trying to do what is best for Liverpool FC. We knew from the start that they weren't Abramovich-esque sugar daddies, and they said themselves that we would spend within the club's means. I've seen a lot of criticism of the owners of late, in regard to spending and other issues, but some of the accusations and suspicion is entirely unfair. As many Boston Red Sox fans will tell you, John Henry and co are winners, they're not trying to strip the club of its assets like the Glazers or, even works, Hicks and Gillett. Give them time.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #60: Aug 11, 2012 02:08:15 pm
      Well here's some more math.

1 twig + 2 berries = male

Jen's a he.

Perhaps you should leave the conspiracy reporting to people who can at least deduce the sex of the people they're complaining about.  :roll:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Aug 11, 2012 02:16:58 pm
      Well here's some more math.

1 twig + 2 berries = male

Jen's a he.

Perhaps you should leave the conspiracy reporting to people who can at least deduce the sex of the people they're complaining about.  :roll:
      Not in Liverpool mate Jens a she.Maybe thats the problem no humour.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #62: Oct 12, 2012 01:25:59 pm
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #63: Oct 12, 2012 01:54:23 pm
      By our PR. That is just astounding.

So pretty much 'Duncan Jenkins' was a character that took a stab in the dark about transfers, raided lfc forums, etc, to find legitimate inside scoops and posted them as his own and he was taken way too seriously. For example there are posters on RAWK that seem to get lineups spot on hours, even days before kick-off. Jenkins simply stole that info.
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #64: Oct 12, 2012 02:08:18 pm
      On account of that (if it is true), Chang should be out of a job. Disgraceful. (if true!)

Won't mind admitting that I was taken in by 'Duncans' tweets.. as many he conincidentally got spot on. Dang. :P
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,212 posts | 8569 
      Reply #65: Oct 12, 2012 02:34:09 pm
      Won't mind admitting that I was taken in by 'Duncans' tweets.. as many he conincidentally got spot on. Dang. :P

Maybe that's the problem, far too many people/fans believing this ITK sh*t, instead of treating them like the nerdy no F***ing life cu*ts that they are!

And Jen Chang come's across as a right little c**t, threatening to have people banned from Anfield is pathetic, I would of just lamped the tw*t there and then.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #66: Oct 12, 2012 02:48:02 pm
      Maybe that's the problem, far too many people/fans believing this ITK sh*t, instead of treating them like the nerdy no f**king life cu*ts that they are!

I agree HR.

As bad as it seems on the surface, I'm not overly bothered by what Jen Chang did. He should have defo done things differently, but this ITK/mole crap is a serious concern and I do believe when Chang said "duncan jenkins" cost the club 300k on the Borini deal.

What would have been better was a) telling people at the club what he was doing in advance; and b) hiring a lawyer from the get-go and considering a cease and desist.

And Jen Chang come's across as a right little c**t, threatening to have people banned from Anfield is pathetic, I would of just lamped the tw*t there and then.

He does indeed. But isn't that within the club's right to ban people from the stadium they own?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,212 posts | 8569 
      Reply #67: Oct 12, 2012 03:15:40 pm
      I agree HR.

As bad as it seems on the surface, I'm not overly bothered by what Jen Chang did. He should have defo done things differently, but this ITK/mole crap is a serious concern and I do believe when Chang said "duncan jenkins" cost the club 300k on the Borini deal.

What would have been better was a) telling people at the club what he was doing in advance; and b) hiring a lawyer from the get-go and considering a cease and desist.

He does indeed. But isn't that within the club's right to ban people from the stadium they own?

A stadium they own, but we F***ing pay for with our season ticket money, how do you know this fella hasn't been supporting the club since he was a kid, to have some jumped up pr**k like Chang threaten you and look at how he threatened him, basically slagging our own fans off, he wants F***ing bollocking for some of those comments, I'd have cut the little f**ker up in the restaurant there and then.

What does that also say about our PR dept when they are basically shitting themselves over a WUM twitter account, let's be honest the lad who created that Duncan Jenkins account deserves a medal for winding up journo's and club officials. Sums up the way the club has become a joke behind the scenes.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #68: Oct 12, 2012 03:21:45 pm
      A stadium they own, but we f**king pay for with our season ticket money, how do you know this fella hasn't been supporting the club since he was a kid, to have some jumped up pr**k like Chang threaten you and look at how he threatened him, basically slagging our own fans off, he wants f**king bollocking for some of those comments, I'd have cut the little f**ker up in the restaurant there and then.

What does that also say about our PR dept when they are basically shitting themselves over a WUM twitter account, let's be honest the lad who created that Duncan Jenkins account deserves a medal for winding up journo's and club officials. Sums up the way the club has become a joke behind the scenes.

Well like I said, LFC should have hired a lawyer from the start.

Quick Reply