Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Jen Chang's very short reign at Liverpool

Read 49236 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Re: Jen Chang appointed New Communications Director
      Reply #69: Oct 12, 2012 03:31:32 pm
      Well like I said, LFC should have hired a lawyer from the start.

They should already have solicitors working for the club, smack's of the F**k up with what happened with the Suarez/Evra thing, dropping the club's solicitor for some sports law firm from Leeds/Harrogate who didn't do much better.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #70: Oct 12, 2012 03:32:35 pm
      They should already have solicitors working for the club, smack's of the f**k up with what happened with the Suarez/Evra thing, dropping the club's solicitor for some sports law firm from Leeds/Harrogate who didn't do much better.

There are so many broad yet interlocking issues at the club. That's definitely one of them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #71: Oct 12, 2012 03:35:38 pm
      Jen Chang should be facing criminal charges if that is to believed and instantly sacked, is this the gestapo or Liverpool football club.

Everything about the club since Fsg took over has being a F***ing disaster and we are meant to believe they are the right people to take us forward.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #72: Oct 12, 2012 03:40:40 pm
      Welcome to the new era of communications with Twitter.

Personally think Chang is a pr**k for trying to threaten this guy, especially after he supposedly had him checked out and found him to be clean.

Not sure about the UK but here in the US free speech is still protected and whether he was a WUM or not, "Jenkins" would have the right to make whatever claims he wishes as long as they aren't slanderous or libelous. If the club didn't like it, then maybe Chang should have just come out and addressed it in public, and named Jenkins as a reason for transfer negotiations to be more difficult than needed.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #73: Oct 12, 2012 03:46:00 pm
      We all poured through the Suarez charge document and picked at every tiny, minute point in it and showed how thin the case was. An official document by the FA. People applied their critical faculties because they wanted to.

Fastforward to this? Jesus. There are so many holes in this I can't believe people aren't at least seeing some of them!

Until I see a bit more proof I'm going to treat this with indifference.

Can't believe people want Chang sacked on the back of a blog by a man who has drawn loads of people in to his lie in the past. Jesus, think about it for a moment.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #74: Oct 12, 2012 03:49:06 pm
      Sorry fl red what he did is not acceptable in britain america or F***ing mars. I would think he has a great case both criminal and civil against jen chang and maybe even the club. If that is not harrasment i dont know what is.

I dont give a sh*te if you like the owners or not that is simply not acceptable behaviour and i really hope the club didnt know about it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #75: Oct 12, 2012 03:50:02 pm
      We all poured through the Suarez charge document and picked at every tiny, minute point in it and showed how thin the case was. An official document by the FA. People applied their critical faculties because they wanted to.

Fastforward to this? Jesus. There are so many holes in this I can't believe people aren't at least seeing some of them!

Can't believe people want Chang sacked on the back of a blog by a man who has drawn loads of people in to his lie in the past. Jesus, think about it for a moment.

If he wasnt a Liverpool fan you maybe right
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #76: Oct 12, 2012 03:54:52 pm
      Sorry fl red what he did is not acceptable in britain america or f**king mars. I would think he has a great case both criminal and civil against jen chang and maybe even the club. If that is not harrasment i dont know what is.

I dont give a sh*te if you like the owners or not that is simply not acceptable behaviour and i really hope the club didnt know about it.

Please read what I wrote again. Am not sticking up for Chang, am sticking up for "Jenkins", as much of a tool as he is.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #77: Oct 12, 2012 03:59:08 pm
      If he wasnt a Liverpool fan you maybe right

Nah there are loads of holes regardless mate.

Why for example would he need to point out in his August 25th email;

'In light of our meeting in Manchester, the thought of being banned from Anfield for life, losing a lifelong
      friend (whose name is on the season ticket), and more distressingly my family and my family's livelihood
      being ruined by outing 'Duncan' to the press, I've had a particularly stressful couple of days.'

Why would he need to put that in brackets? He has already told Chang that? It reads to me like a reminder for the audience. And if that is the case it leads me to think he has edited the email to put it in to make it easier to read as a story thus compromising the authenticity of all his emails
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #78: Oct 12, 2012 03:59:43 pm
      That's not very good to read is it ?!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #79: Oct 12, 2012 04:00:08 pm
      Sorry fl red what he did is not acceptable in britain america or f**king mars. I would think he has a great case both criminal and civil against jen chang and maybe even the club. If that is not harrasment i dont know what is.

I think he could only be done for blackmail at most. Cheng didn't actually threaten him if you read the post carefully. Cheng basically said, I'll give your name to journalists, they'll do what they want, fans will do what they want, and your father's business might be hurt as a result, assuming journalists and tabs run a story. So all the action would have been done by others, not Cheng himself. But I think that might still be blackmail from a legal perspective. I don't know much about UK law though.

An excellent point and one I didn't think of straight away. +1 for bringing this point up, whether the story is true or not.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #80: Oct 12, 2012 04:05:07 pm
      Another point of massive doubt for me is the idea the journalists hated Duncan.

I mean most of the Merseyside journo's had interacted with him on Twitter, Rory Smith I think even made clear it was a joke account.

So let's assume he means the London press hated him for showing them up? I mean for F**k sake, the London press have made it pretty clear they have little or no interest in printing genuine transfer, or any news, stories about Liverpool FC and for the most part treat us with disdain whether it be on Twitter or in the paper.

And we're meant to believe that many journalist's hated him because he was too good? It just all seems a bit self-congratulatory on his behalf for me.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,498 posts | 233 
      Reply #81: Oct 12, 2012 04:06:18 pm
      Cheng does sound like a right old idiot. But I can see his point of view. Jenkins is getting legit information about deals and lineups and it is costing the club money
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #82: Oct 12, 2012 04:15:22 pm
      That is a PR disaster if true of epic propotions wait sure the media will pick up on it
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #83: Oct 12, 2012 04:16:15 pm
      I think he could only be done for blackmail at most. Cheng didn't actually threaten him if you read the post carefully. Cheng basically said, I'll give your name to journalists, they'll do what they want, fans will do what they want, and your father's business might be hurt as a result, assuming journalists and tabs run a story. So all the action would have been done by others, not Cheng himself. But I think that might still be blackmail from a legal perspective. I don't know much about UK law though.

An excellent point and one I didn't think of straight away. +1 for bringing this point up, whether the story is true or not.

Its harrasment if true mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #84: Oct 12, 2012 04:23:56 pm
      All this over Jenkins.
      F***ing hell. I mean if our suppose PR man doesn't know that was a joke/fake account then I give up.
      I really do. Club run by clowns for years now.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #85: Oct 12, 2012 04:24:42 pm

How so in a legal way? (don't know how UK applies law here)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #86: Oct 12, 2012 04:25:36 pm
      What a c**t Chang is.

Not suprised though knowing who his bosses are.
      ilikeliverpool
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #87: Oct 12, 2012 04:50:25 pm
      Always thought this guy would turn out bad for the club.

Used to follow him on Twitter before he became employed by our club and didn't like him then.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #88: Oct 12, 2012 04:58:25 pm
      So let me get this straight:

Everyone instantly believes a guy who has been taking the piss out of everyone on Twitter for the entire summer with a parody journalist account? You know, a guy who made up stories for months on end?

I really think a lot of people are just looking for the first bit of drama concerning FSG and using it to suit their narrative.

That being said, this is bad if it's true, but I'd take it with a HUGE pinch of salt before jumping to conclusions.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #89: Oct 12, 2012 04:59:39 pm
      And everyone thought Chang was doing such a good job...

I'm gonna wait til he gives his 2c until I come to a conclusion. It could be all bollocks for all we know. 'Duncan Jenkins' name is very familiar now anyways.

EDIT: what Kev said.

So let me get this straight:

Everyone instantly believes a guy who has been taking the piss out of everyone on Twitter for the entire summer with a parody journalist account? You know, a guy who made up stories for months on end?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #90: Oct 12, 2012 05:01:19 pm
      So Jen Chang has threatened an "ITK" twitter account who actually never had a mole in Anfield. Threatened to ban him for life from Anfield and threatened to make his and his family's life hell.

This is our communications director ? Surely he couldn't be that stupid.If this is true he deserves the sack but i will wait until i hear his side first.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #91: Oct 12, 2012 05:13:45 pm
      Vouched for by a couple of reliable people on rawk.

Quick Reply