Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC)

Read 181462 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC)
      Reply #1748: Aug 31, 2012 07:54:30 pm
      I said Adam and Carroll would be terrible signing

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1749: Aug 31, 2012 07:55:48 pm
      I don't think he will be a good signing but what do I know I thought Adam and Carroll would be sh*te signings

You and a million others...

Adam had a few decent performances, Carroll had maybe 3-4. 

Adam was an OK squad player, Carroll was ..... best left blank, but you and all those that told us so aren't going to post I told you so, are they?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1750: Aug 31, 2012 07:55:59 pm
      I thought Adam and Carroll would be sh*te signings

Then why didn't you mention it Corbs!?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1751: Aug 31, 2012 07:56:06 pm
      I said Adam and Carroll would be terrible signing I actually said Allen would be decent.

Dempsey will be along the lines of Adam and Carroll.

And red its possible to be a Liverpool fan and give an honest opinion just can see when Dempsey became Lionel messi.

Who else were interested in him ya villa and Sunderland says it all.

No mate.

To be honest your opinion means little-to-nothing to me, the only thing I give a crap about is the fact that you always boast when (<- and I use that word very loosely) you're right.

People on here don't give a sh*t if you're right or not, we only care about one thing - and that's the one thing we signed up here for - LIVERPOOL FC. Not corballyred, Liverpool.

So please, by all means continue with the corballyred show. I know that you love inflating your own ego whenever you happen to be right about any little thing you can conjure up.

Me? I'll continue supporting my team. I'll continue hoping we can get Dempsey in to improve us - not to prove myself right that he will "come good".
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1752: Aug 31, 2012 08:09:23 pm
       Tell you what and I don't want any "anti-American" bollocks for saying it, the hoops the owners are asking the manager to jump through are a f*cking joke. He's reduced the wage bill by about 500K per week, moved on "talent" which we spent well over 50 million quid on, and spent about 30 mill. He's drastically reduced the size of the squad in pure number terms, and all experienced squad players have been put under pressure to leave. All he wants is a couple of mill for a striker and they still won't f*cking budge.

Nice one Brendan, and while doing all that can you see if you can mastermind us jumping up from 8th to 4th mate? The boss might as well stick a lawn-=mower up his ersehole and cut the pitch while he's on the phone trying to drive prices down. Embarrassing it is, and I feel sorry for the manager. 
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1753: Aug 31, 2012 08:11:58 pm
      Have to say if we end Up loaning Carroll for basically nothing and bringing Dempsey in for double figures I will be major disappointed

Even without the finances don't think it's a great swap

Thought we were moving Carroll on to make space for a big name

Where are the goals gonna come from?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1754: Aug 31, 2012 08:12:25 pm
      Tell you what and I don't want any "anti-American" bollocks for saying it, the hoops the owners are asking the manager to jump through are a f*cking joke. He's reduced the wage bill by about 500K per week, moved on "talent" which we spent well over 50 million quid on, and spent about 30 mill. He's drastically reduced the size of the squad in pure number terms, and all experienced squad players have been put under pressure to leave. All he wants is a couple of mill for a striker and they still won't f*cking budge.

Nice one Brendan, and while doing all that can you see if you can mastermind us jumping up from 8th to 4th mate? The boss might as well stick a lawn-=mower up his ersehole and cut the pitch while he's on the phone trying to drive prices down. Embarrassing it is, and I feel sorry for the manager. 

Shout.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1755: Aug 31, 2012 08:13:18 pm
      Have to say if we end Up loaning Carroll for basically nothing and bringing Dempsey in for double figures I will be major disappointed

Even without the finances don't think it's a great swap

Thought we were moving Carroll on to make space for a big name

Where are the goals gonna come from?

I always assumed we were moving our #3 striker for another #3 striker that fit better into the gaffers style.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1756: Aug 31, 2012 08:14:52 pm

Agree mick, getting better while trying to cut the squad/wage bill is nigh on impossible
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1757: Aug 31, 2012 08:16:05 pm
      Agree mick, getting better while trying to cut the squad/wage bill is nigh on impossible

Thankfully we kept Messi..."cough" Joe Cole he is one part of the wage bill that should make everyone proud.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1758: Aug 31, 2012 08:16:35 pm
      I always assumed we were moving our #3 striker for another #3 striker that fit better into the gaffers style.

Who's striker no 2 ??? And our number 1 striker can barely hit double figures in a season..
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1759: Aug 31, 2012 08:17:26 pm
      Thankfully we kept Messi..."cough" Joe Cole he is one part of the wage bill that should make everyone proud.

Brendan has already alluded to moving on cole but no one wants him
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1760: Aug 31, 2012 08:22:25 pm
      Who's striker no 2 ??? And our number 1 striker can barely hit double figures in a season..

I believe from the looks of the line-up it has been #1 Suarez  #2 Borini  #3 Carroll, hence replacing #3.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1761: Aug 31, 2012 08:24:32 pm

Thre are many parts of our wage bill mate which are a joke and it was/is entirely legitimate to ask the new manager to make inroads. He's moved on though Maxi, Aquilani, Kuyt, Carroll, Spearing and Adam off the top of my head, and that must be around 500K per week. By all accounts he's spending around 100K per week of that on signings, so that's not too bad an effort.

Carroll (35 mill) and Aquilani (20 mill) combined cost more than he's spent by a mile, while even the sales of Kuyt and Adam brought in a fifth of his spend.

What I'm asking is that the owners at least give the man a chance. They can't ask him to move so many players on and then leave us with only one recognised striker, it's complete and utter false economy. By leaving the Dempsey situation so long, they have now allowed Fulham to have us by the bollocks. He is now our ONLY realistic option, and with the greatest respect to Fulham whether he stays or goes isn't going to have an impact on their season one way or the other. They'll still get 4 mill for him in January (maybe more) so they can quite happily tell us to stick it up our arses if they so wish. We might end up paying MORE than 7 mill, and it's our own fault.   
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #1762: Aug 31, 2012 08:32:50 pm

Testify.

Just to pull you up on asking the Boss to mow the pitch,he is multi tasking for the owners as he is,give the fella a break Mick ;)
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #1763: Aug 31, 2012 08:35:06 pm
      BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
      We're hearing there will be NO incoming transfers at Liverpool tonight. Looks like the Clint Dempsey deal is off for good... #bbcfootball
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1764: Aug 31, 2012 08:40:13 pm

Thre are many parts of our wage bill mate which are a joke and it was/is entirely legitimate to ask the new manager to make inroads. He's moved on though Maxi, Aquilani, Kuyt, Carroll, Spearing and Adam off the top of my head, and that must be around 500K per week. By all accounts he's spending around 100K per week of that on signings, so that's not too bad an effort.

Carroll (35 mill) and Aquilani (20 mill) combined cost more than he's spent by a mile, while even the sales of Kuyt and Adam brought in a fifth of his spend.

What I'm asking is that the owners at least give the man a chance. They can't ask him to move so many players on and then leave us with only one recognised striker, it's complete and utter false economy. By leaving the Dempsey situation so long, they have now allowed Fulham to have us by the bollocks. He is now our ONLY realistic option, and with the greatest respect to Fulham whether he stays or goes isn't going to have an impact on their season one way or the other. They'll still get 4 mill for him in January (maybe more) so they can quite happily tell us to stick it up our arses if they so wish. We might end up paying MORE than 7 mill, and it's our own fault.   
      When did we start buying players on deadline day?.
      Its a measure of how far we have fallen behind that we are scrabbling about trying to sign someone like Dempsey its quite pathetic and even more so very very SAD.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1765: Aug 31, 2012 08:48:25 pm
      Well this has been a completely unproductive day.

The Babelcopter wasn't even rolled out of it's hangar.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1766: Aug 31, 2012 08:49:42 pm
      If Dempsey handed in a transfer request would that change things?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1767: Aug 31, 2012 08:51:48 pm
      If Dempsey handed in a transfer request would that change things?

I guess no more than refusing to play or train at the club...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1768: Aug 31, 2012 08:52:17 pm
      When did we start buying players on deadline day?.
      Its a measure of how far we have fallen behind that we are scrabbling about trying to sign someone like Dempsey its quite pathetic and even more so very very SAD.

You have to remember we are no longer in the top echelons of the football world, this is how lesser clubs have to operate hoping to get a deadline bargain. I.E. Spuds and VdV.  we are now in that company and it will take a few years to return to where we belong.  I am as frustrated and impatient as everyone else, but we have to be realistic. Things will only get better.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1769: Aug 31, 2012 08:52:27 pm
      For F**k's sake.

Just offer 1m more and be done with it.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #1770: Aug 31, 2012 09:02:17 pm
      Looks like were not signing anyone today.

Quick Reply