Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC)

Read 182524 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Re: Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC)
      Reply #46: Jul 08, 2012 03:24:33 pm
      I get it, spend £6 million on Dempsey, sell Carroll for £20/25 million, bank the extra in yer pockets.

Don't we have a thread open already where folks can rag on the owners?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #47: Jul 08, 2012 03:38:28 pm
      Dempsey has a mental toughness that a few of our more recent signings seriously lack (Hendo, Adam, Downing).

For ~6m we would be stupid not to sign him.

Agree with your comment on Downing, but i don't know why you're assassinating Adam and Henderson for being mentally weak. I think they are both tough characters, every Scotsman i know is tough as f**k, it's their mentality in general. I find Adam to be a right tough c**t, never shirks from a challenge.

Same goes for Mackems, working class men who are tough bas**rds in general, i've worked with a fair few too. First Season for Henderson so i found that comment a bit unfair. If i was being critical of Henderson i'd say he looks like a labrador you've just thrown a frisbee to and he hasn't got a f**king clue where it's gone.

He just looks vacant most of the time, like i said though, his first Season at the biggest Club in the country, probably just nerves.

Back on topic, Clint Dempsey?, no thanks. What are we becoming?. We shouldn't be buying six million players unless they are promising youngsters at that price.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #48: Jul 08, 2012 05:56:54 pm
      Six Million for a player who scored more goals than anyone in our team last season.  Think about that for a minute before you dismiss it out of hand.  Comfortable with the false 9 role that Rodgers has hinted could be an option.  Add in that we will have a very busy schedule with Europa League and for me it adds up that this signing would make sense.

Not every signing we make has to be a first XI signing.  Dempsey would be a backup striker/CF.  We currently have 2 in our squad. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #49: Jul 08, 2012 06:32:29 pm
      Agree with your comment on Downing, but i don't know why you're assassinating Adam and Henderson for being mentally weak. I think they are both tough characters, every Scotsman i know is tough as f**k, it's their mentality in general. I find Adam to be a right tough c**t, never shirks from a challenge.

Same goes for Mackems, working class men who are tough bas**rds in general, i've worked with a fair few too. First Season for Henderson so i found that comment a bit unfair. If i was being critical of Henderson i'd say he looks like a labrador you've just thrown a frisbee to and he hasn't got a f**king clue where it's gone.

He just looks vacant most of the time, like i said though, his first Season at the biggest Club in the country, probably just nerves.

Back on topic, Clint Dempsey?, no thanks. What are we becoming?. We shouldn't be buying six million players unless they are promising youngsters at that price.
      Not really talking about their physical toughness. I see Adam and Hendo as looking lost and not up to the task at times. Not saying they aren't or can't be good players, just think Dempsey has an edge about him that we could use. And why anyone wouldn't want him or 6m? He was one of the leagues top scorers this past year
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #50: Jul 08, 2012 06:44:18 pm
      dear God no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #51: Jul 08, 2012 06:56:02 pm
      Don't we have a thread open already where folks can rag on the owners?
      Or cup their balls while you lick the shaft, if you prefer.  ;D

As for Dempsey - I like him and always have.
      liverpoollovefc
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #52: Jul 08, 2012 07:09:30 pm
      Dempsey is a good player. I've seen him on a number of occasions in the flesh and he is/was Fulhams best player by an absolute country mile. Whether or not he's right for us is open to debate, but he's a very good player of that I have no doubt.

Pretty much sums it up.  He's worth a shout and at £6 million could be worth the risk, tho he did say he wanted to go to a club with champions league, however none with cl seem too keen on him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #53: Jul 08, 2012 07:23:08 pm
      I'm not saying I'd be dancing in the streets but at £6m this signing would make perfect sense, his record is very respectable, his attitude is something I've always liked and will get you goals, if you consider him as a replacement for Kuyt it's not a bad one to consider at a fair price.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2871 
      Reply #54: Jul 08, 2012 07:45:35 pm
      Like him as a player, would add some depth to the squad but are we in a position to spend £6m (or more) on a squad player?
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #55: Jul 08, 2012 07:51:27 pm
      I think he will be a very useful addition.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #56: Jul 08, 2012 08:02:17 pm
      Like him as a player, would add some depth to the squad but are we in a position to spend £6m (or more) on a squad player?
      That's it.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,942 posts | 286 
      Reply #57: Jul 08, 2012 08:51:56 pm
      I don't get why people are classing Dempsey in the same league as Henderson, Downing or Adam. Last season he was outstanding for Fulham, and when played in midfield he will chip in goals every season, something we were severely lacking last season. He's proven at international level (something the others are not), and must have easily got Fulham 21 points last season on his own.

True question is down to price as mentioned above. For 6 mill I definately think hes worth a punt, can sell him back to the US league at the same price (+/- 2 mill) after a few seasons too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #58: Jul 08, 2012 10:03:41 pm
      Or cup their balls while you lick the shaft, if you prefer.  ;D

As for Dempsey - I like him and always have.

Owners can piss off as far as I'm concerned...just another pair of suits no different than any other sports owners. Just tired of hearing people moan about them and make them the start and end of all of LFC's troubles.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #59: Jul 08, 2012 11:08:32 pm
      As an American I would love to see a US international at LFC.  I hope this goes through because it would be good for US soccer fans and Liverpool.  And potentially a high point to his career.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #60: Jul 09, 2012 12:02:28 pm
      Holy f***in sh*t,Clint Dempsey  ???, please!!, no disrespect but FF's, i'd much prefer his teamate Dembeli, but can't see that happening, i think this is just typical of a red top bullshit rag having f**k all else to report,

as for having my shaft licked while my balls are cupped, i'm open to offers  ;D

females only need apply !
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #61: Jul 09, 2012 12:11:18 pm
      Holy f***in sh*t,Clint Dempsey  ???, please!!, no disrespect but FF's, i'd much prefer his teamate Dembeli, but can't see that happening, i think this is just typical of a red top bullshit rag having f**k all else to report,

as for having my shaft licked while my balls are cupped, i'm open to offers  ;D

females only need apply !

I'm applying on her behalf:

You get two free footballs too :).
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 827 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #62: Jul 09, 2012 12:13:51 pm
      Rodgers just said he hopes to sign one player or two before the squad leave for America, got a feeling he is the one player.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #63: Jul 09, 2012 12:28:52 pm
      I'm applying on her behalf:

You get two free footballs too :).

Ha Ha, as long as you go first Tom
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #64: Jul 09, 2012 12:36:56 pm
      Ha Ha, as long as you go first Tom

:laugh:

You're a man slut if you're willing to let anyone have a suck on your balls :).

I'll refuse your kind offer because I want her, the sexy doll, to have all the enjoyment.

As for Dempsey, he is a decent player who had a fantastic season for Fulham, he knows where the net is but I fear he'll just lack what we really need. He might not have the same affect he did at Fulham, and he is quite old so I wouldn't want him. Anyway, I think we really top quality this summer, not just decent players who had a fantastic season last time out.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #65: Jul 09, 2012 02:02:00 pm
      As for Dempsey, he is a decent player who had a fantastic season for Fulham, he knows where the net is but I fear he'll just lack what we really need. He might not have the same affect he did at Fulham, and he is quite old so I wouldn't want him. Anyway, I think we really top quality this summer, not just decent players who had a fantastic season last time out.

I don't think age is a factor with him tbh. Yes he's 29, he grew in a far less grueling system in America than in Europe. Plus he played in college which is basically a joke, so I'd say he's more 26-27 in  footballing sense than 29-30.

I would agree that I'm not sure just how much he'd add to the team. Would be a good replacement for Kuyt (much better touch too ;D) but for me it's all about the right fee.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #66: Jul 09, 2012 02:17:22 pm
      Obviously wouldn't be quite as good commercially as signing say Honda but surely he'd sell a few kits in the states? Not how I'd want to be looking at potential players but let's face it that's exactly what FSG will be thinking.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #67: Jul 09, 2012 02:28:50 pm
      Would cost at least £5Million (if not more) so we would have to sell over 200,000 shirts (working out at £25 Gross Profit per shirt) to turn a profit. Do we have 200,000 fans in the US who would pay for his name on one of our shirt's - I would be confident we did. Especailly as many americans will buy it knowing nothing about soccer!

But as a player I would not be amazed with this signing. He would play 3rd fiddle behing Suarez & Carrol... I would rather other strikers if I am honest, especailly concidering players such as Demba Ba are avaliable for the same price...
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #68: Jul 09, 2012 03:04:04 pm
      Too old for me and he's a tw*t too.

Quick Reply