Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3075707 times
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17158: Jul 05, 2014 12:55:59 am
      MI?
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #17159: Jul 05, 2014 12:57:49 am
      HSC the first game I saw at Anfield Stevie Heighway was playing.  I'm no JCL.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3386 
      Reply #17160: Jul 05, 2014 01:35:33 am

Thank you Mystic Meg.

I'd be delighted if we could get both but we won't - we won't get either. 

Their loss, not ours then.

Sorry if the posts seem negative

Nah they don't lad, they're full of optimism.

Of course they're not. Talking about how sh*t we are, how we won't get players, how FSG are F***ing us over. Not meant to be negative at all. Don't know how people could believe they were.

Yep. And it's anything but a negative opinion isn't it.

at present our club cannot attract the Sanchez or Shaquiri's.

Well the club, when in a worse position, managed to sign Suarez. So now after our best Premier League season, ever, we can't buy players with nowhere near the quality of Suarez. Excellent.

Lallana will be our big signing this window

At least it weren't Lambert.

thats right a Southampton player is OUR big signng.

And F***ing what? Our last signing from Southampton was also our big deal that year and all (and not because he was 6"7). We signed Crouch in the summer of 05, after we'd just become European champions don't forget, for 7 mill. The most we spent on anybody that summer. We followed that up with our best Premier League season (at the time) and an FA Cup victory. How dare we sign players from Southampton. Football snobbery that.

I hope i'm wrong but we've been here SO many times.

Where exactly have we been SO many times?

I'm just very very angry at how far off the pace we now are.

What pace? A ball hasn't been kicked in this new season and we're already 40 odd points behind the way you're carrying on. We're not off any pace because no F***ing pace has been set.

Or do you mean off the pace in transfers because let me remind you of something lad, in the 1950s we didn't go out and sign Pele we went to some no mark team called Stockton Heath to buy Roger Hunt. In the 60s we didn't try and sign Eusabio, instead we north of the border to some mickey mouse side named Motherwell and signed Ian St John. In the 70s we didn't bring Johan Cruyff to Anfield but instead again went north of the border to a so-so club like Celtic and brought Kenny Dalglish to us. In the 80s, we weren't bothered by signing Diego Maradona because we went to lowly old Chester to buy Ian Rush. And then in the 90s we didn't have to spend a fortune on Ronaldo, no instead we looked within and some fella called Robbie Fowler instead. In the 2000's we didn't have to spend 50 million on Shevchenko, we spent half that on Suarez.

See the point?

Throughout history, we haven't had to go and sign the world's greatest "names". We've signed sheer F***ing quality instead. So if Brendan Rodgers would rather have Adam Lallana than Sanchez or Shaqiri then that's fine by me.

Our club has been neglected for years.

How?

It's Liverpool FC, but we won't split hairs.

How the hell did this state of affairs come to pass?

What state? Liverpool buying players from Southampton...whatever next. We might somebody from Hull or, god forbid, Burnley. I don't think I could live with the shame.

Its obvious Sanchez does'nt want to come to us

F**k him then. It's his loss.

all the media briefings appear to indicate that he favours Arsenal.

So now we're believing the media? And even if he does wanna go to Arsenal, let him. Anybody who doesn't wanna come here, shouldn't F***ing be here. We buy players because they understand playing for Liverpool Football Club is the biggest single honour they will ever have in their career.

Barca have skilfully separated Sanchez from the Suarez deal,

Or maybe we have because we don't want/need him when we could get more for Suarez in just a cash deal.

because the player wants to go to Arsenal - god knows why.

Not the player we'd want then.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17161: Jul 05, 2014 01:48:29 am
      Anyone else think we might play without an out and out striker in some games next season?

It seems like more teams are playing with a false 9 and seeing how Brendan is a student of the game, I'd be surprised if he hasn't been taking notice of it.  He also likes to tweak things to suit the players/games but never really had the players to do it as we didn't have enough goals from midfield.  With the players we've been linked to, pending Luis' departure, none of them are a true no.9, rather attacking players who score goals.

I believe he might give it a try.
      I think these so called roles get too much attention. Good players can play out wide or on the center and it isn't like players stand in one spot the whole game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17162: Jul 05, 2014 02:35:07 am
      Thank you Mystic Meg.

Their loss, not ours then.

Nah they don't lad, they're full of optimism.

Of course they're not. Talking about how sh*t we are, how we won't get players, how FSG are f**king us over. Not meant to be negative at all. Don't know how people could believe they were.

Yep. And it's anything but a negative opinion isn't it.

Well the club, when in a worse position, managed to sign Suarez. So now after our best Premier League season, ever, we can't buy players with nowhere near the quality of Suarez. Excellent.

At least it weren't Lambert.

And f**king what? Our last signing from Southampton was also our big deal that year and all (and not because he was 6"7). We signed Crouch in the summer of 05, after we'd just become European champions don't forget, for 7 mill. The most we spent on anybody that summer. We followed that up with our best Premier League season (at the time) and an FA Cup victory. How dare we sign players from Southampton. Football snobbery that.

Where exactly have we been SO many times?

What pace? A ball hasn't been kicked in this new season and we're already 40 odd points behind the way you're carrying on. We're not off any pace because no f**king pace has been set.

Or do you mean off the pace in transfers because let me remind you of something lad, in the 1950s we didn't go out and sign Pele we went to some no mark team called Stockton Heath to buy Roger Hunt. In the 60s we didn't try and sign Eusabio, instead we north of the border to some mickey mouse side named Motherwell and signed Ian St John. In the 70s we didn't bring Johan Cruyff to Anfield but instead again went north of the border to a so-so club like Celtic and brought Kenny Dalglish to us. In the 80s, we weren't bothered by signing Diego Maradona because we went to lowly old Chester to buy Ian Rush. And then in the 90s we didn't have to spend a fortune on Ronaldo, no instead we looked within and some fella called Robbie Fowler instead. In the 2000's we didn't have to spend 50 million on Shevchenko, we spent half that on Suarez.

See the point?

Throughout history, we haven't had to go and sign the world's greatest "names". We've signed sheer f**king quality instead. So if Brendan Rodgers would rather have Adam Lallana than Sanchez or Shaqiri then that's fine by me.

How?

It's Liverpool FC, but we won't split hairs.

What state? Liverpool buying players from Southampton...whatever next. We might somebody from Hull or, god forbid, Burnley. I don't think I could live with the shame.

F**k him then. It's his loss.

So now we're believing the media? And even if he does wanna go to Arsenal, let him. Anybody who doesn't wanna come here, shouldn't f**king be here. We buy players because they understand playing for Liverpool Football Club is the biggest single honour they will ever have in their career.

Or maybe we have because we don't want/need him when we could get more for Suarez in just a cash deal.

Not the player we'd want then.

Deserve a medal for digging through that sh*t mate. Well done.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #17163: Jul 05, 2014 02:45:04 am
      Big season for Brendan with Suarez looking like he's gonel, that's 30 odd goals gone but if he can shore up the back and conceed 15 less goals then who ever replaces Suarez can get 15 goals and the midfiekd can wade in with 8 to10 more goals we will be there or thereabout wich way will it go
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17164: Jul 05, 2014 03:28:59 am
      Deserve a medal for digging through that sh*t mate. Well done.

I feel like we should all chip in an pick him up a pair of waders or something.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #17165: Jul 05, 2014 08:55:05 am
      We still have Rodgers!

:scarf:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17166: Jul 05, 2014 11:49:08 am
      As I said Brendan is an intelligent man and looking at our signings it would appear to me we are looking at some formations similar to Barca and we will not see two strikers or a striking partnership.Lots more goals from the midfielders is the right way to go as we all know we will not get a 30 goal per season striker.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #17167: Jul 10, 2014 11:38:19 am
      Whilst (so far) I am not blown away by the names walking, and soon-to-be walking, into Melwood.  I know 100% that I trust in our manager to get the absolute best out of them.

We've missed out on the marquee signing that is Sanchez, and the whole world and his dog are laughing at us about the imminent departure of our number 7.

Let's be honest here, few teams can replace a player like Luis and it will be hard. 

I have no doubt that Brendan will use the man management skills Roy Hodgson fraudulently claims to have and make every single player in red feel unstoppable.

Daniel Sturridge is the prime example of this. 

I will not put Sturridge into the world class group - but he is proven as a striker both in the league and at Anfield.  He can get 25 goals and hopefully, with Brendan making the calls, we can get more youngsters/squad players to step up and get us to the dizzy heights of 90+ again.

It's all about setting individual targets

5 for Henderson
      8 for Sterling
      10 for Gerrard etc etc

I believe Brendan is the kind of manager that, as a player, you would love to impress.  He has the old school about him.  Reminds me of Bobby Robson in a way.  You wouldn't want to let him down, and if you did (providing you have a screwed on head) you would try even harder to impress him.

When we got knocked out of The FA Cup in his first season, I saw a side of BR that I didn't like.  Bashing the players he picked for playing the tactics he put out.  He's changed since and now it's all on him.  Certainly a lesson learned from The King.

I am still thrilled he is our manager and here's to a fantastic season ahead. 

The red machine rolls on.

Tuesday and Wednesday nights below the lights.

Cannot wait.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #17168: Jul 11, 2014 02:35:15 pm

Brendan finally starting to lose his cool with the media  8)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #17169: Jul 11, 2014 02:38:27 pm

Brendan finally starting to lose his cool with the media  8)

I would have been impressed if he had followed it up with a head butt, never the less he knows his job is now harder than it was before Luis left he is a smart man and I think he will have been getting his ducks in a row whilst this has been going on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #17170: Jul 12, 2014 09:48:36 am
      Brendan Rodgers will be allowed to invest the proceeds of the £75m deal on strengthening the squad.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4145412.ece
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17171: Jul 12, 2014 09:54:55 am
      Brendan Rodgers will be allowed to invest the proceeds of the £75m deal on strengthening the squad.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4145412.ece

Not on booze and women though. Don't give the man a challenge.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #17172: Jul 12, 2014 02:40:06 pm
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17173: Jul 12, 2014 08:39:08 pm

Notice in there it say he will be able to spend some of the 75 million transfer fee
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17174: Jul 13, 2014 08:07:00 am

Notice in there it say he will be able to spend some of the 75 million transfer fee

Yeah, I'm slightly concerned about that piece mate, what exactly does'some' mean ?

I'd hate to think FSG were going to pocket any percentage of the Suarez money,
      Re-'we will only invest monies generated by the club thru sales' statement,

Might just have been a mis-quote but be keeping a very concerned eye on transfer dealings from now !
       ???
      YNWA

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17175: Jul 13, 2014 08:10:20 am

Yeah, I'm slightly concerned about that piece mate, what exactly does'some' mean ?

I'd hate to think FSG were going to pocket any percentage of the Suarez money,
      Re-'we will only invest monies generated by the club thru sales' statement,

Might just have been a mis-quote but be keeping a very concerned eye on transfer dealings from now !
       ???
      YNWA

Not sure mate, if it had been in any old rag it wouldn't jump out to me but the echo.. Holds more water
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17176: Jul 13, 2014 09:07:13 am
      Brendan probably can't believe he's able to chase the kind of targets he wants now. A real incentive to do well again this season otherwise he'll be shopping at the barging basement next time round.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17177: Jul 13, 2014 10:06:24 am
      I don't actually think Brendan said that, I think it is something the paper says? Correct me if I am wrong.

I meant he as in Phil Kirkbride, the reporter

I didn't say Brendan

Like I said mate, not taking anything as written in stone, I take media reporting with the heaviest pinch of salt.
      The Echo tend to be closer to the club though than any other papers

All I meant
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #17178: Jul 13, 2014 11:48:41 am

It was a link posted earlier from the Times that stated BR would be given all the Suarez fee to improve the squad, did think at the time it was a departure from the policies he has worked under previously.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17179: Jul 13, 2014 11:57:14 am
      It was a link posted earlier from the Times that stated BR would be given all the Suarez fee to improve the squad, did think at the time it was a departure from the policies he has worked under previously.

To be honest mate I don't think we will know if he had or not, whether he is given all of that but some of the original budget not spent..
      I don't think we will know

I just tend to notice more when the echo states something than other places
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #17180: Jul 13, 2014 12:10:31 pm
      To be honest mate I don't think we will know if he had or not, whether he is given all of that but some of the original budget not spent..
      I don't think we will know

I just tend to notice more when the echo states something than other places

Same as mate, the Echo is the only paper that retains some credibility with it's reporting in general.

Quick Reply