Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047158 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17181: Jul 13, 2014 03:26:24 pm
      Maybe it's a simple case of spend "some" now, save "some" for winter.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #17182: Jul 18, 2014 06:30:41 pm
      Spending time - Rodgers makes plans for Suarez cash
      Brendan Rodgers is eyeing more new recruits as LFC's summer spending looks set to exceed ÂŁ100m for the first time in the club's history. BR has already splashed out ÂŁ57m on Lambert, Can and Markovic but those deals were lined up before Suarez moved to Barcelona.

FSG will allow the manager to use the cash to further strengthen the club's Premier League challenge with QPR's striker Loic Remy among the list of targets Liverpool are keen to secure.

''The signings we have made have no relation to Luis going'' Rodgers said ''Obviously Luis leaving gives us the clout to go and spend more and we are getting the right type of players in.''

Full story:
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-brendan-rodgers-vows-7449882

Certainly all the right noises.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17183: Jul 30, 2014 12:59:40 pm
      The gaffer has apparently said he wants a striker in before the season starts great to see that despite getting in 6 players so far he realises he needs more.

A striker is essential in my view. We cant bleed Sturridge dry all season. Remy would have been ideal to come in as cover for Danny or indeed as a partner. Hopefully we can add someone of that ilk (pace and a 1 in 2 rate)

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17184: Jul 30, 2014 01:04:30 pm
      Said to be fuming with Lovren not sorting his visa and not being able to join the squad in Chicago has told him to stay at Melwood and train with the 21's.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17185: Jul 30, 2014 01:06:26 pm
      The gaffer has apparently said he wants a striker in before the season starts great to see that despite getting in 6 players so far he realises he needs more.

A striker is essential in my view. We cant bleed Sturridge dry all season. Remy would have been ideal to come in as cover for Danny or indeed as a partner. Hopefully we can add someone of that ilk (pace and a 1 in 2 rate)

It's about the right partner for me.
      Last season, when Sturridge wasn't in the middle he wasn't as effective, and the same goes for Suarez.
      So, in my opinion, we need someone who is going to complement what we already have.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17186: Jul 30, 2014 02:06:05 pm
      It's about the right partner for me.
      Last season, when Sturridge wasn't in the middle he wasn't as effective, and the same goes for Suarez.
      So, in my opinion, we need someone who is going to complement what we already have.

Thomas Muller, anyone ?

YNWA
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17187: Jul 30, 2014 02:10:39 pm

A line I lifted from this piece:
      http://www.givemesport.com/490273-brendan-rodgers-disappointed-by-loic-remys-failed-medical?autoplay=on

"Rodgers confirmed that other targets are now being analysed but also said that he is happy with his squad ahead of the new season."

Didn't he say exactly the same thing last year? Several weeks of the transfer window still open, funds supposedly available, desperate for squad depth and yet sweet FA happened.

I suspect the majority of fans will appreciate the fact that we're buying players presumably capable of adopting and playing to Brendan's style and tactics but, I suspect many fans will also feel underwhelmed by some of our purchases given the amount of cash that's supposedly available. 

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #17188: Jul 30, 2014 02:18:41 pm
      Said to be fuming with Lovren not sorting his visa and not being able to join the squad in Chicago has told him to stay at Melwood and train with the 21's.

Where did you read that? Lovren stated there was a delay with him receiving the mandatory visa in time doesn't sound like it was his fault.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #17189: Jul 30, 2014 03:52:04 pm

After the WC Muller had we have a better chance of signing Reus.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17190: Jul 30, 2014 07:41:59 pm
      Rodgers: How we planned transfers

On the day that he completed his sixth signing of the summer so far, Brendan Rodgers has explained why the business conducted by Liverpool to date has been the production of long-term planning.

Belgian international striker Divock Origi was confirmed as the latest new recruit earlier today, sealing a switch from French club Lille, where he will return on loan for the 2014-15 campaign.

The 19-year-old follows Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can, Lazar Markovic and Dejan Lovren through the doors at Anfield as the boss plots competitiveness on four fronts.

"There's a strategy behind what we're doing," Rodgers explained from New York, where the Reds meet Manchester City in the International Champions Cup on Wednesday evening.

"We were talking a lot right the way through last season with the recruitment team; we knew that we had to improve the depth of our squad - it was one of the objectives for the summer.

"Clearly we weren't strong enough last year in terms of depth, numbers and quality. We had always earmarked in the summer to bring in a number of players, in the hope that we would be in the Champions League.

"That would give us the opportunity to challenge on all fronts. The players that we're bringing in have clear profiles in terms of where we want them to play and what their role is.

"We see them as young players that can really develop in the future as well. The integration into the squad is very smooth because we've got a wonderful group of players and they always make it very easy for players coming in."

The boss also revealed his intention to add another forward option to his group, if possible: "There's no doubt we will look where we can, and if we can, to bring in another striker."

Rodgers provided a glowing assessment of Origi to Liverpoolfc.com following the transfer announcement, and repeated similar sentiments at his pre-match press conference.

"We're absolutely delighted to sign him because I genuinely think he has the potential to go on and be a world-class young player," the manager enthused.

"I saw him as a young player, for the national teams coming through, I saw his quality and then saw that grow and develop to play in a World Cup, where he showed a lot of his qualities.

"It's a great signing for the football club. He's someone that could have really helped us this season; he's 19 years of age, 6ft2, he can score goals and is strong.

"But we knew part of the deal was that he is going back to Lille on loan. But the overriding feeling is that we're absolutely delighted to have a young player who potentially could be a star over the coming years."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/167514-rodgers-how-we-planned-transfers
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17191: Jul 31, 2014 09:11:52 pm
      Rodgers: We still need to strengthen

Brendan Rodgers explained why he plans to further fine-tune his squad before the close of the summer transfer window, while praising the character of the players already at his disposal

Liverpool came from behind twice against Manchester City on Wednesday evening to ultimately beat the reigning English title holders on penalties in the International Champions Cup.

Post-match, the manager was quizzed at his press conference on how content he is with the options available for the Reds as the beginning of the new campaign approaches ever closer.

Though six new signings have already been secured since a second-place finish in the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League, Rodgers is hoping to bolster the group further next month.

He said: "We still have some positions that we want to fill within the squad so that by the end of August we have a strong group of players to go forward with. We've still got some business to do."

The boss was also asked specifically about centre-back Sebastian Coates, who has been given the chance to stake his claim with a number of appearances during pre-season.

"Every player has an opportunity," said the Northern Irishman. "Seba was out for a lot of last season. He's done well in pre-season, he has been very composed on the ball and he passes it well. He has done well."

The Reds are now in pole position to reach the final of the tournament in the United States, with one more group fixture to navigate, against AC Milan in Charlotte on Saturday evening.

Having now contested five pre-season fixtures, Rodgers is confident that the squad is moulding together effectively, building on the tangible spirit fostered during his tenure.

He continued: "We've brought in specific players for specific roles, players that have the profile of how we work. It's going to take a little bit more time than normal in terms of their induction.

"But for a lot of the players that have come in, the transition has been very smooth - they are good characters with good personality and fit the criteria that we want in terms of the model of our game.

"That should make the adjustment that bit easier. Of course some of them are young and coming to a different country, like Emre Can. That will take a little bit of time.

"But what we have seen overall is something that has been a trademark of this team over the last 18 months - character. Even in a pre-season game, it was highly competitive and the players showed character to keep going and come back.

"They made some very good blocks and defended well. It was a really good game. The players are transitioning very well, though it will take a little bit of time."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/167594-rodgers-we-still-need-to-strengthen
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17192: Jul 31, 2014 09:40:20 pm
      I think last season he laid to rest the horror's of the H&G era and its aftermath. He improved as a manager and the owners now keep very much in the background. His stock is such that he could pretty much ask for anything and they would try to get it for him.
      Hard to believe that its 10 years next May since Istanbul what a wonderful way to celebrate 10 years since the night of all nights by winning it again,it wouldn't be a bad first trophy for Brendan either.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #17193: Jul 31, 2014 11:22:57 pm
      I think last season he laid to rest the horror's of the H&G era and its aftermath. He improved as a manager and the owners now keep very much in the background. His stock is such that he could pretty much ask for anything and they would try to get it for him.
      Hard to believe that its 10 years next May since Istanbul what a wonderful way to celebrate 10 years since the night of all nights by winning it again,it wouldn't be a bad first trophy for Brendan either.

Agree with all of that.
      The other thing i love at BR is that he doesn't rest on his laurels.
      He continues to want to evolve and improve and he is making a big statement by the number of players he is bringing in during preseason.
      It's a strategy that could make or break a lesser man and manager.
      But he has faith in his foundation, plan and strategy for the long term success of LFC.
      FSG have utterly backed their man as we have with our support.
      I think last season was amazing but to be honest i think we benefitted from other teams chaos.
      Think we are ahead of schedule so if we get 4th this season with a couple of good cup runs then i will be happy...IF he solidifies our defensive issues and continues to make us hard to beat but also more consistent week in week out regardless of the opposition and competition we are playing in.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17194: Jul 31, 2014 11:37:14 pm
      Agree with all of that.
      The other thing i love at BR is that he doesn't rest on his laurels.
      He continues to want to evolve and improve and he is making a big statement by the number of players he is bringing in during preseason.
      It's a strategy that could make or break a lesser man and manager.
      But he has faith in his foundation, plan and strategy for the long term success of LFC.
      FSG have utterly backed their man as we have with our support.
      I think last season was amazing but to be honest i think we benefitted from other teams chaos.
      Think we are ahead of schedule so if we get 4th this season with a couple of good cup runs then i will be happy...IF he solidifies our defensive issues and continues to make us hard to beat but also more consistent week in week out regardless of the opposition and competition we are playing in.

Great post Lester and I agree with everything you are saying.

I think what we are getting with BR is not only a manager but a way going forward for the club as far as direction.

You can feel there are short term goals but also plans and ideas that will serve this club well into the future.

To see the squad that Roy fielded just 4 years ago compared to now and to see old derelict houses being torn down to pave the way forward really has hit home to me the past few months.

The future is RED and its a bright Red!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #17195: Aug 01, 2014 12:47:40 am
      To see the squad that Roy fielded just 4 years ago compared to now and to see old derelict houses being torn down to pave the way forward really has hit home to me the past few months.

I don't think you can criticise Roy for that .....

I am of course joking.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17196: Aug 01, 2014 02:23:13 am
      Great post Lester and I agree with everything you are saying.

I think what we are getting with BR is not only a manager but a way going forward for the club as far as direction.

You can feel there are short term goals but also plans and ideas that will serve this club well into the future.

The future is RED and its a bright Red!

Was it really only 4 years ago?! Christ! When it was grim it was GRIM!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17197: Aug 01, 2014 12:50:31 pm
      I just think we are getting back to the true Liverpool way winning one game at a time and see what we get at the end of the season . In addition we are also developing a mentality of not getting beat until the whistle blows this was amply demonstrated against City.
      The legend of being 2-0 down at halftime at Anfield  but kicking into the Kop second half and winning 4 or 5-2 was actually true we never panicked and believed in the team. This is the true Liverpool spirit it's why we won in Istanbul we just need to be brave and the trophies will come for Brendan.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17198: Aug 03, 2014 11:22:12 am
      Good read this from 2012.

Ignore the title as there is much more to the article than that.

Apologies for not bolding the questions:

The following is an extract from Philippe Auclair’s article from Issue Six of the Blizzard, published in September 2012. The Blizzard is a quarterly football journal available from www.theblizzard.co.uk on a pay-what-you-like basis in print and digital formats.

It’s not every day that the manager of a Premier League football club cuts short a lunch with the Queen to accommodate a journalist’s request to interview him. But this is what happened when, shortly before the end of last season, Brendan Rodgers made his excuses and left a Diamond Jubilee civic banquet held at Swansea’s City Hall in the presence of Her Majesty to drive back to the Liberty Stadium as quickly as he could.

A rather embarrassed Blizzard contributor had explained that, his train ticket being non-exchangeable and non-refundable, not mentioning First Great Western Trains’ pitiless fare policy for late bookers, changing the date of the agreed rendez-vous would entail gigantic costs neither he nor his employer could justify.

The remarkably friendly press officer of the Welsh club (“remarkably friendly’” being words which, judging by this visit, could be used for all members of Swansea’s staff, players included) passed on the message to Rodgers, who skipped the royal pudding and ushered the El Mundo correspondent Begoña PĂ©rez and myself into his office, first apologising for his lateness, then offering water, coffee and biscuits to his guests.

It was very difficult to watch Swansea’s following game with neutral eyes after such a welcome. Since then, of course, Brendan Rodgers has moved on to what he hopes to be bigger and better things, which doesn’t mean he has moved on to a different way of thinking about the way football should be played. What he believed in and preached in Wales is what he will still believe in and preach at Anfield. Fortunately, that’s precisely what we talked about that afternoon.

One of the most striking aspects of your work at Swansea was the adoption of a possession-based type of football that many people thought was unsuited to British players — and with a playing staff that was overwhelmingly British...How did you achieve that?

¡Muy facil! All players, whether they’re Spanish, French, English, Welsh, want to play football. To play. We were favourites to be relegated but our biggest success has been our philosophy, our identity of football. The players have been incredible in their capacity to play our style of football. Of course, you’ve got to be effective, win games, but the starting point is the football. We have an idea of the “ideal football” we want to play and we work on making it a reality. All players want to attack — and our way of defending is to have the ball. Of course, you want the players to believe and you get to this by working on it every day on the training ground, with the ball at their feet. We’ve spent a lot of time at Swansea to polish this idea of football by working on tactics. Every way of learning is used. By working on the field, by watching videos ... everything we did on the training pitch, we did with the ball. You’ll never see a pianist run around his piano. People ask me: “why don’t you run through the forest, through the trees?” Well, I’ve never seen a tree on a football field. Our philosophy was to feel confident in a possession game and keep improving the players through video analysis, through talking, communicating ...

Where does this “philosophy” stem from? Barcelona?

I’ve been a follower of their model for many, many years. I was so enthused by it. [Louis] Van Gaal ... I just loved their way of playing. It goes back to my life as a young man. My father loved European football; he also loved the Brazilian team. His own dad loved the Brazilian team. So I grew up loving the technical game, and when I played as a young boy, I played in teams that were not technical. So I spent more time without the ball than with it. I always wanted to change that. But I had a very short career as a player, from sixteen to twenty [for Ballymena United in his native country, Northern Ireland, then, very briefly, Reading] . So my ideology then was, “Ok, I’m not going to have an influence on the game as a player, technically or tactically. Can I do it as a coach?” My objective was to show that British players could play football. That was the challenge.

To take up that challenge, from a very young age, you spent a great deal of time in Spain. How did that come about?

The experience of travelling, getting familiar with other languages, other cultures definitely helps. It makes you a better person. You respect more, you understand more what a foreign player is going through, you experience new ideas. There’s no doubt that my spending time in Spain made me a better person. I worked very hard to learn Spanish. Every day, I studied with a teacher who came from Madrid ... but my Spanish is not perfect. And my French, muy, muy mal! [laughs] My Italian, not so great ... I went to Barcelona, Valencia, Sevilla, clubs which had that tradition of playing and youth formation. I wanted to see the connection between the first team and ... the child. I wanted to see from close how the club worked on developing the Under-9s, how they put that ethos of technical continuity into practice. I didn’t just turn up at the gate of those clubs, of course. I made contact through coaches who’d been there. At Valencia, for example, there was a former player called Juan Sol, who also played for Real Madrid, who was a good friend of mine, and with whom I stayed when I went there ... There was also JosĂ© Luis Albiol — the uncle of RaĂșl Albiol, the Real Madrid central defender — Alex Garcia, who was youth coach at Barcelona ... I had loads of contacts. I wanted to see for myself how this model worked.

Is there any particular reason why you didn’t try to do the same thing at Real Madrid?

No. I’m not sure why. My feeling was more for the canteras, the Dutch influence ...

You worked with JosĂ© Mourinho for three years at Chelsea and often speak of him as a major influence. One thing, though, is that, in many respects, as a manager, he’s the complete antithesis to the “model” you love. He relies on established players, he’s not that keen to integrate youth players into his starting XI. So how can he be such an important figure for you?

He’s a different man from the one portrayed in the press and the media. He is a good man. He was a fantastic educator. What he gave me was responsibility and opportunity. I was very young then [Rodgers was 31 when he joined Chelsea]. I was brought in in September 2004 — JosĂ© had joined in June. They wanted to put his tactical ideas in practice throughout the club — his two favourite systems — the 4-4-2 diamond, the 4-3-3 — and I was one of the few British coaches who walked that way. We connected straight away. From the moment I arrived, he always looked for me. No question: he put me under pressure. He took me to the big players. If it hadn’t worked, he wouldn’t have given me a second chance. But he gave me that opportunity to work with the big players. He guided me. He told me how it had been for him when he was a young coach coming through. Of course he wants to win, but our ideas about football are not radically different. The personalities are.

Brendan Rodgers and José Mourinho exchange words on the touchline in April 2014. Photograph: Carl Recine/Action Images
      Almost every single player who’s worked with Mourinho has insisted on the exceptional quality of his training sessions. In what respect were they so good and what did you get from them?

JosĂ© prepares hard and in great detail — but loads of coaches do. I’d say that one of his biggest attributes is his ability to respect. He respects every player, whether they’re playing or not. You cannot be another person — but one of the biggest things I got from JosĂ© was respect, and seeing how he respects everyone. As to the details of the exercises ... I can use a black pen as well as JosĂ©! [laughs] Or a red pen. Or an orange pen! There are many colours in the world and they’re for everyone ...

What about his attention to detail in planning training exercises?

I spend a lot of time preparing my sessions. My staff totally understands the training. And the images that they see ... [He rummages through folders, looking for drawings of training exercises.] I’ve left them at the training ground. But everything’s drawn here, the colours, the details. What goes on the field goes on here [showing a diagram of a football field].

But what did you take from him?

He’s a great man ... but I take from myself. You cannot be anyone else. I’ve learned from many good people. I worked with some fantastic British coaches. When you’re clever, you learn from everyone. The good things and the things that are not so good. My philosophy was already formed before I even went to Chelsea. What I was able to do at Chelsea was to experiment with some of the best youth and senior players in the world. By the time I finished at Chelsea, I had 15 years working as a coach from five-year-olds to the [Michael] Ballacks, the Decos, the [Andriy] Shevchenkos, the [Frank] Lampards. Then it was my time to go alone. You cannot take man-management from Mourinho: it has to be from you.

Are you still in touch with him?

Yeah. Every week. Real Madrid were fantastic last season. But look at JosĂ©: the defeat against Bayern was his, what? Was it the fourth, fifth Champions League semi-final that he’d lost? He’s also learnt to lose. He’s not just a serial winner, he’s adapted to losing as well.

Talking about losing, seeing what happened to Barcelona and Bayern in the Champions League, are people starting to find ways to counter possession teams?

[Interrupting] No.

Well, with Swansea, you had 77% possession against Newcastle and still lost 2-0.

I will always defend the right to play attacking football: you’ll win more games than you will lose. You just have to keep finding solutions, yes, but the intent of my teams will remain the same. If you look at Swansea last season, it’s been incredible, not just the possession and the number of games we’ve won, but also the fact that we have learnt as much from the games we have lost. You mention the game against Newcastle: they were chasing a spot in the Champions League and we killed them here. But we couldn’t score. They have a ÂŁ10m striker [Papiss CissĂ©] who gets two chances and scores two goals. Well done, my friend! If teams defend like that [against Swansea], they show the ultimate respect they can pay to our way of playing. As a coach, I’d never say: we play the right way and Newcastle the wrong way. All coaches want to win; I’m a coach: I want to win, but I want to do it in a certain style and I will never come away from that. I will have to try to find the solutions. For a club like Swansea, when we came to the Premier League, people said we were like Blackpool. Seven months later, they were comparing us to Arsenal. It shows how much we had grown.

Could a Swansea ever step to the next level and play in Europe?

No sĂ©. Football is such a short-term thing. It’s not by accident that the teams with the big money are there every year. Manchester City and Chelsea came to where they are now because they have money. A coach is not a magician.

What type of player do you look for? What is the first thing you look at when you evaluate a potential recruit?

Technique. I like to know that they can play football. Then, intelligence and, at this level, personality, the capacity to play at the highest level, but they also need to have the capacity to have the ball for nearly 75% of the game. Some players would rather not have the ball than have it. I need players who want to have the ball.

... and have the humility to accept constant drilling on the training pitch?

Big ego, ¡hasta luego! It’s a question of DNA, of a certain culture of football. I spoke with some players last summer. Big players. I was asking them to become part of our system, telling them I could help them be big players again. The first question one of them asked me was, “Where’s the nearest airport?” So he tells me straight away he wants to be away more than here. Then I ask another one, “What’s your training like at this other club?” And he says, “It’s fantastic, we normally get three days off!” Straight away, they tell me they don’t want to work. The personality is vital. I push my players every day, big demands, big pressure.

Would you agree that you also place big demands on the supporters of your teams? In England, most of them seem to prefer a high-intensity, box-to-box approach ...

At Swansea, when we played back, they clapped. Normally, in England, when you play back, phew ... Because they understood the football, that we had to go back to go forward. It’s education. In England, it’s difficult at times. But that’s ok. It’s education. Life is about educating and improving. This is my journey, from the time when I was a young coach, working with young players and telling them, “You can play like that.” “We don’t play that way in the first team.” “I don’t care, this is what I want, the way I work.”

Do you sometimes feel that your philosophy, as you say, makes you a lone ranger among British coaches?

I don’t worry. I used to want everyone to play football, bam-bam-bam, but I respect other teams, players and managers. But it’s very short-term nowadays, people will play as they see fit to survive. My way of working is different. It doesn’t make it right. It doesn’t make it wrong either.

The Blizzard
      The Blizzard is a 190-page quarterly publication that allows the best football writers in the world the opportunity to write about the football stories that matter to them, with no limits and no editorial bias. All back issues are available on a pay-what-you-like basis in both print and digital formats from www.theblizzard.co.uk, with digital issues available from just 1p.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jul/31/brendan-rodgers-louis-van-gaal

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17199: Aug 04, 2014 10:48:22 am
      How many managers usually take pre-season this seriously  :D

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #17200: Aug 04, 2014 11:49:29 am
      How many managers usually take pre-season this seriously  :D

Only one's with a new fit dolly bird to keep happy.  ;) ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17201: Aug 04, 2014 12:36:48 pm
       ;D
      Only one's with a new fit dolly bird to keep happy.  ;) ;D

"Dolly bird " showing your age a bit there mate. ;D ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #17202: Aug 04, 2014 12:42:51 pm
      ;D
      "Dolly bird " showing your age a bit there mate. ;D ;D

It's a term I never use Walt but someone used it the other day and it kind of seemed appropriate. :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #17203: Aug 05, 2014 08:46:14 pm
      He seems to be in impressive shape for a manager. Biceps and Chest looking big, he definitely hit the gym before his holiday.

Quick Reply