Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047514 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17503: Sep 21, 2014 08:35:14 pm
      It was interesting to read the Lpool Echo and the comments section. There was massive condemnation of Rodgers.
      Now I've always made it clear I wasn't a fan of the appointment and that I consider Rafa to be our modern day Paisley/Shankly.

BUT, its not fair to put all the blame on Rodgers. He can only do what he does with the budget he's given.
      I can't be bothered with the rest of it.

Altho 1 pt, when he's saying "we'd do better with Joe Allen", I shake my head in disbelief.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #17504: Sep 21, 2014 09:14:29 pm
      It was interesting to read the Lpool Echo and the comments section. There was massive condemnation of Rodgers.
      Now I've always made it clear I wasn't a fan of the appointment and that I consider Rafa to be our modern day Paisley/Shankly.

BUT, its not fair to put all the blame on Rodgers. He can only do what he does with the budget he's given.
      I can't be bothered with the rest of it.

Altho 1 pt, when he's saying "we'd do better with Joe Allen", I shake my head in disbelief.

Same way as most us shake our head when you post!

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17505: Sep 22, 2014 12:47:48 am
      ;D.

Step away from the glue my friend.

Whatever you want, mate. If you think we should be chirpy about it, I'm all right with that.

HAH HAH HAH BAMPOT RODGERS LOST AGAIN hee hee he totally made a fool of himself oh the ridicule hahaha Fat Sam sank Liverpool and it's so funny BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

Our manager is a numpty BUT THAT'S FINE 'CAUSE WE DON'T MIND LOSING HAW HAW so what if he doesn't know how to defend HE'S HERE TO LEARN HIS TRADE OH YEAH LIVERPOOL IS JUST HIS EDUCATIVE TOY HEE HEE HAH HAH one day he'll become a good manager and then he'll leave us for a bigger job in Spain or Italy OH WOW SO COOL and we don't miss Kenny one bit HAH HAH HAH SNORT GUFFAW GUFFAW

Hey, guess what? You were right, Hollywood, old chap. I feel better already.

+1 for you though you owe me a new keyboard - next time don't post when you have spent the day getting high.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17506: Sep 22, 2014 09:55:16 am
      I'm not sure if football fans are getting worse or that now there are forums etc that the idiots have a louder voice but I genuinely can't get my head around some fans nowadays, of most clubs not just ours.

The reading of some of the utter tripe that have come out over the last 2 or 3 games is frightening. Calling for his head, pretending the world is falling in after 5 games of the season.. Honestly take a long hard look at yourself.

Without utter disaster I'm never a fan of sacking managers anyway but even the most ridiculous of fans have gone beyond the pale with these reactions..
      Last summer most were saying if we could nick a top 4 place then great, well we finished second.. We are well ahead of plan really, and yet after a couple of defeats the morons come out the closet..
      Replace him with who? Rip up the work of the last two years and start again, yeah great idea.. Start from square one again.

The manager is doing a sound job, he will get it right, we will finish top 4 again this year. He deserves our backing, he has earnt it.. Discuss poor performances yes, but call for his head? Give your own one a wobble. He is working within a structure given to him from above and is ahead of where they and probably us would expect.

Get behind the man or burn your keyboards
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17507: Sep 22, 2014 10:06:38 am
      ;D.

Step away from the glue my friend.

Whatever you want, mate. If you think we should be chirpy about it, I'm all right with that.

HAH HAH HAH BAMPOT RODGERS LOST AGAIN hee hee he totally made a fool of himself oh the ridicule hahaha Fat Sam sank Liverpool and it's so funny BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

Our manager is a numpty BUT THAT'S FINE 'CAUSE WE DON'T MIND LOSING HAW HAW so what if he doesn't know how to defend HE'S HERE TO LEARN HIS TRADE OH YEAH LIVERPOOL IS JUST HIS EDUCATIVE TOY HEE HEE HAH HAH one day he'll become a good manager and then he'll leave us for a bigger job in Spain or Italy OH WOW SO COOL and we don't miss Kenny one bit HAH HAH HAH SNORT GUFFAW GUFFAW

Hey, guess what? You were right, Hollywood, old chap. I feel better already.

You are a complete F***ing moron!

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17508: Sep 22, 2014 11:59:56 am
      Rip up the work of the last two years and start again, yeah great idea.. Start from square one again.

Yep thats exactly what we did over the Summer.

And BTW, fans having an expectation is NOTHING new. Sadly, our fans nowadays have a LACK of expectation.
      From "2nd is nowhere" in the 70s and 80s to "well 5th or 6th is an excellent result for a team in transition" and other such media plonker phrases that would come from the mouths of Ayre, Henry and Co.

Back in the 80s, Liverpool fans were actually RINGING UP THE CLUB asking what the hell was going on because we were suffering a bit in the league. Football Focus was actually showing Joe Fagan (manager at the time) answering calls to shocked fans.

BTW Joe got to the European Cup final EVERY year he was Liverpool manager.

Back to my pt, our problems weren't caused by injuries, or freak transfer market occurrences. They were caused by corporate greed. And greed alone. Any true fan should be dismayed.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #17509: Sep 22, 2014 02:04:06 pm
      Only a F***ing moron or a WUM would write off our manager so early in the season. It appears we have one in this very thread.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17510: Sep 22, 2014 05:33:32 pm
      Only a f**king moron or a WUM would write off our manager so early in the season. It appears we have one in this very thread.

Especially when you look back around 12 weeks and everyone is singing his praises and virtually kissing his ass.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #17511: Sep 22, 2014 06:03:51 pm
      I'm fed up with Brendan, how many years does he need to sort out the defence, i'm not going with the popular opinion that losing Suarez is the reason why we are so sh*te. The defence was also sh*te with or without Suarez, the reason why we lost the title. Brendan is F***ing blind or not competent enough to sort out our defensive strategy, the main thing that matters when you want to build a title-winning team.

Also, his signings don't work, Sturridge and maybe Coutinho aside, he signed the following : Sahin, Assaidi, Borini, Allen, Aspas, Luis Alberto, Cissokho, Moses, Sakho, Mignolet ==> all flops, there were better options instead of these, like Begovic, Bony, Caulker etc.

Also he chooses to sell Agger, and brings in Lovren, who isn't by no means an improvement on the Dane, and for 20 mil pounds.

Why didnt we use the money received on Suarez, when we had the example of Spurs, for buying 3 major players who can improve our team that fighted for the title until the end, it's not like we needed a major overhaul, just some important additions, instead we bought in 7 players, making a mess of our style of play and flow from last season.

We should have signed Hummels, Reus, Schneiderlin/Fabregas and Moreno (who is our best buy this year).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #17512: Sep 22, 2014 06:05:38 pm
      We should have signed Hummels, Reus, Schneiderlin/Fabregas and Moreno (who is our best buy this year).

There you go Brendan. It is as simple as that. :gt-happyup:
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17513: Sep 22, 2014 06:13:26 pm
      Maybe he made an offer for Reus?

Using vouchers for half price RedSox caps.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #17514: Sep 22, 2014 06:40:45 pm
      Everyone needs to get behind the manager imo
      The kop especially, the atmosphere at games has been piss poor so far.

We're in the champions league ffs in his second season he's worked miracles.
      Every other club in Europe would be interested in Rogers some tits on here need to get a grip.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #17515: Sep 22, 2014 07:10:26 pm
      Everyone needs to get behind the manager imo
      The kop especially, the atmosphere at games has been piss poor so far.

We're in the champions league ffs in his second season he's worked miracles.
      Every other club in Europe would be interested in Rogers some tits on here need to get a grip.

:lmao: are you having a laugh ?

since when a good 1 season in charge of a club make you a great manager, sought by everyone ?

years of delivering good results make a manager great, look at mourinho, ancelotti (even though i never rated him) ...

so far brendan has managed to finish with us on 7th and 2nd, while delivering no trophies. he is not by any means a great manager, it was expected from a team with such a great player (suarez) to have at least 1 good season, spurs did the same with bale

i know i'm harsh on brendan, but in the key moments of last season, when we needed a clear mind on the bench, he made poor decisions, why blindly go for the win against chelsea, risking to concede on the counter, when a draw almost surely would have been enough for us to be champions in 25 years, who would have given a flying f**k if we played defensively against chelsky, instead we've got jose laughing in our face once more and a moment that would make our talisman the laughing stock of the country

F***ing michael thomas
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17516: Sep 22, 2014 07:14:22 pm
      why blindly go for the win against chelsea, risking to concede on the counter, when a draw almost surely would have been enough for us to be champions in 25 years, who would have given a flying f**k if we played defensively against chelsky, instead we've got jose laughing in our face once more and a moment that would make our talisman the laughing stock of the country

It was Gerrard who failed to control a simple pass and then slipped over to allow Demba Ba a 1 on 1, not Rodgers and Chelsea just went defensive as anything after that. How is that result possibly Rodgers' fault?

Get a grip.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17517: Sep 22, 2014 07:27:00 pm
      I honestly have always been proud of our knowledgeable and loyal fan base... It seems we are  losing that

Sad times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #17518: Sep 22, 2014 07:34:23 pm
      I honestly have always been proud of our knowledgeable and loyal fan base... It seems we are  losing that

Sad times

We have just as many eejits as the rest of  them Jon mate.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17519: Sep 22, 2014 07:51:46 pm

Sad times

How do you think our 70s and 80s fanbase would react to the ethos of today's owners, and the associated objectives and on-field performances?

As an eg, I remember in the  80s a young defender was struggling a little. Patient? Nope fans on the Kop were shouting "(Name here) get off the pitch you f**king shitback". And I've already given the example of Joe Fagan answering the phone to outraged fans.

To me, lack of passion and knowledge is fans defending some of the sh*t we've had to endure the past few yrs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #17520: Sep 22, 2014 08:16:11 pm

since when a good 1 season in charge of a club make you a great manager, sought by everyone ?

years of delivering good results make a manager great, look at mourinho, ancelotti (even though i never rated him) ...

so far brendan has managed to finish with us on 7th and 2nd, while delivering no trophies. he is not by any means a great manager, it was expected from a team with such a great player (suarez) to have at least 1 good season, spurs did the same with bale

i know i'm harsh on brendan, but in the key moments of last season, when we needed a clear mind on the bench, he made poor decisions, why blindly go for the win against chelsea, risking to concede on the counter, when a draw almost surely would have been enough for us to be champions in 25 years, who would have given a flying f**k if we played defensively against chelsky, instead we've got jose laughing in our face once more and a moment that would make our talisman the laughing stock of the country

F***ing michael thomas

Stopped reading at "never rated Ancelotti"

Boss F***ing player for Milan and a top manager.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17521: Sep 22, 2014 08:22:06 pm

Boss f**king player for Milan and a top manager.

He is at that.. I often hear how people (of a fair few clubs) don't rate him.. Can't see why myself, he's a born winner
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17522: Sep 22, 2014 08:52:22 pm

f**king michael thomas

You're right about pushing for a goal when we didn't need to against Chelsea. That wasn't down to Brendan though it was on Stevie.

You're wrong about him having one top season; it's true he finished above Mourinho last season but don't forget Brendan's Swansea side taught most other Premiership teams a footballing lesson - arguably that season was almost as good given the resources available to him.

Therefore it's two seasons at the top not one.

Mourinho has proven he is a "great" manager whereas Brendan has made it into the "good/very good" category however we will have to see what happens.

Certainly it cannot be argued that he is a perfect fit for the club therefore he deserves our support - the results will follow.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #17523: Sep 22, 2014 09:22:50 pm

Boss f**king player for Milan and a top manager.

i didnt rate him because berlusconi said that carlo ancelotti is the "owner's good guy" or smth like that, alluding to the fact that him (berlusconi) decided the starting lineup and substitutions, not ancelotti, the same thing was speculated to happen at chelsea with abramovich and at real with florentino perez , also, ancelotti didnt have any word on the transfers at the clubs he was manager of ... but aside of these questions over his abilities, he has the trophies to cement his place among the best
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17524: Sep 22, 2014 09:35:58 pm
      How do you think our 70s and 80s fanbase would react to the ethos of today's owners, and the associated objectives and on-field performances?

As an eg, I remember in the  80s a young defender was struggling a little. Patient? Nope fans on the Kop were shouting "(Name here) get off the pitch you f**king shitback". And I've already given the example of Joe Fagan answering the phone to outraged fans.

To me, lack of passion and knowledge is fans defending some of the sh*t we've had to endure the past few yrs.

So basically you're saying we had some dickhead fans back then too!
      Here's an idea for you move with the times!  Football has changed, it's ALL about money whether you or I like it or not, but I would like to think our fans from the 70s and 80s would've  got behind their team and see them through the difficult times, although much like many of said fans are doing today!
      We do not have (nor did we ever) a Devine right to win games, competition has never been so fierce, there are no easy games anymore, we will lose games. 
      This is not accepting mediocrity, This is just the way it is!  If you can't cope with that,  I suggest you jump back in your time machine, and piss off back to the 80s!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #17525: Sep 22, 2014 09:37:38 pm
      He has a huge challenge to turn things around now. At this rate we won't be cementing top 4 any time soon.

He spent money this season, so it's not an excuse if we fail to reach our targets. I just hope last season isn't just a one off and it's because we had a player like Suarez in our team that upped our game and the players around him.

Christmas we will know where we are.

Quick Reply