Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3067009 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17526: Sep 22, 2014 09:58:48 pm
      Maybe a few people need to think back to last season before slating Rodgers so much. After 24 games and a most recent 1-1 draw with West Brom we were a massive 8 points behind Arsenal (who we were to play next and done over 5-1) and 6 behind Man City (who we went on to beat) and 3 behind Chelsea (both of which had a game in hand). Chelsea won their 24th game of the season so that was a gap of 6 points. We were also only 2 points ahead of Everton and just 3 ahead of spurs.

We the went on to win our next 11 games and by the end of the season we had ended up just 2 points behind City (whilst having overtaken them in the process), 2 points ahead of Chelsea and 5 ahead of Arsenal whilst pulling well clear of the Bitters and Spuds.

Anybody writing us off and slating Rodgers, saying he isn't good enough etc can do one to a team like the Mancs where they have no real support.

The standard of posting going on regarding this season over the last week or so by a few individuals has been terrible. We had a rough patch last season where we lost back to back games and weren't playing all that well. Our first few games we were scraping through by the skin of our teeth against the likes of Villa and Stoke and got twatted by Hull. We have a lot of injuries at the moment, one of which is ours and the leagues 2nd top scorer last season, it's bound to have an impact on the team but believe it or not we managed to turn it around last season and put together an incredible run of results so there is no reason why we can't do it this time round too.

I really question the level of support this season from some sectors, people writing the team off on here and the atmosphere at Anfield seeming well off standard.

The team need to improve, we know that, they know that and Rodgers certainly knows that. What the club doesn't need is certain people only coming back on here and posting to try and stick the knife in and slate Rodgers. If you want to do that to the guy who has taken us from a club lingering around just above midtable for years to 2nd and 2 points off top having played just 6 games this season then I really do question your level of support for this club.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #17527: Sep 22, 2014 09:59:32 pm
      It's been a bizarre start to the season.  The worst part is the tempo against Villa and West Ham was atrocious; like the players weren't sufficiently motivated. The manager needs to pull the finger out and starting getting in the players faces. Last season is over and we have a fight on for top 4.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17528: Sep 22, 2014 10:03:23 pm
      Maybe a few people need to think back to last season before slating Rodgers so much. After 24 games and a most recent 1-1 draw with West Brom we were a massive 8 points behind Arsenal (who we were to play next and done over 5-1) and 6 behind Man City (who we went on to beat) and 3 behind Chelsea (both of which had a game in hand). Chelsea won their 24th game of the season so that was a gap of 6 points. We were also only 2 points ahead of Everton and just 3 ahead of spurs.

We the went on to win our next 11 games and by the end of the season we had ended up just 2 points behind City (whilst having overtaken them in the process), 2 points ahead of Chelsea and 5 ahead of Arsenal whilst pulling well clear of the Bitters and Spuds.

Anybody writing us off and slating Rodgers, saying he isn't good enough etc can do one to a team like the Mancs where they have no real support.

The standard of posting going on regarding this season over the last week or so by a few individuals has been terrible. We had a rough patch last season where we lost back to back games and weren't playing all that well. Our first few games we were scraping through by the skin of our teeth against the likes of Villa and Stoke and got twatted by Hull. We have a lot of injuries at the moment, one of which is ours and the leagues 2nd top scorer last season, it's bound to have an impact on the team but believe it or not we managed to turn it around last season and put together an incredible run of results so there is no reason why we can't do it this time round too.

I really question the level of support this season from some sectors, people writing the team off on here and the atmosphere at Anfield seeming well off standard.

The team need to improve, we know that, they know that and Rodgers certainly knows that. What the club doesn't need is certain people only coming back on here and posting to try and stick the knife in and slate Rodgers. If you want to do that to the guy who has taken us from a club lingering around just above midtable for years to 2nd and 2 points off top having played just 6 games this season then I really do question your level of support for this club.

Don't think I've seen many people wanting to stick the knife into Brendan, apart from the odd crack-pot who wants to go off on a rant who I totally ignore as it's clear it's knee-jerk.

There is undoubtedly a sense of deflation though, on here, at Anfield, I wonder if that exists with the players too.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2014 10:06:40 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #17529: Sep 22, 2014 10:05:15 pm
      I've haven't looked in our forum for a few days, had my kids at the weekend, 
      But in all honesty I'm in total shock at the amount of absolute f***in sh*te some posters are spouting,  un_Fuckin _believable, calling for Brendan's head, he doesn't know what he's doing,  sick of him, etc etc,

I just can't get my head round some of the comments from the uneducated glory hunting f***in morons that are plaguing these boards, 
      I think most of us can put up with and deal with the WUM'S,
      But the reading of absolute knee jerking drivel now becoming more constant is sadly dragging this forum into the relegation zone imo,

I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain why we are going thru a bit of a sticky patch,  there are far better and more sensible posters who have already blessed most of us with their wisdom and notions as to how we go about remedying our current situation,
        I will however guide you to a excellent read in TAW mag, September edition by Andy Heaton, talking about Brendan, (sorry not sure how to cut, paste and add using Android) basically he talks about when does a team become his own, and reading through it, he speaks about the Phase 2 of the BR tenure, 
      It's this part that is prominent and might go along way in explaining where we are right now,

morons of this forum would do well to take their glory hunting back stabbing thoughts
      And ram them up their collective arses, or you could give this article a read and maybe just maybe your education will will receive a much needed boost,

Happy reading!

YNWA

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17530: Sep 22, 2014 10:12:59 pm
      So basically you're saying we had some dickhead fans back then too!
      Here's an idea for you move with the times!  Football has changed, it's ALL about money whether you or I like it or not, but I would like to think our fans from the 70s and 80s would've  got behind their team and see them through the difficult times, although much like many of said fans are doing today!
      We do not have (nor did we ever) a Devine right to win games, competition has never been so fierce, there are no easy games anymore, we will lose games. 
      This is not accepting mediocrity, This is just the way it is!  If you can't cope with that,  I suggest you jump back in your time machine, and piss off back to the 80s!

NO. I'm saying 70s and 80s fans had a pride in the club. And a pride in themselves.
      Whereas those like you are just an embarrassment to the club/"brand".
      And ultimately the reason why we have so many sh*t seasons and ripoff owners using too many fans as their gimps.

"this is not accepting mediocrity" you say.  :lmao:
      You're a comedian. Did Ian tell you to post that one?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17531: Sep 22, 2014 10:21:22 pm
      Some of the sh*t posted on these boards recently I'd expect and understand coming from rival fans, I know because I've had it all week from Paul  :D

We all agree the performances/results haven't been what we wanted but turning on Brendan, the players and fellow fans is not the way to go in my mind.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17532: Sep 22, 2014 10:23:56 pm
      NO. I'm saying 70s and 80s fans had a pride in the club. And a pride in themselves.
      And ultimately the reason why we have so many sh*t seasons and ripoff owners using too many fans as their gimps.

Bollocks lad,  you know F**k all about me, so don't try and tell me what kind of supporter I am!
      Liverpool are my life!
      I have no control over how successful the team will be,  I will support them regardless!
      Your telling me fans that shout abuse at their own players are taking pride in their club? It's "fans" like you that embarrass the club and it's real Fans.
      Go look up "support" in the dictionary!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17533: Sep 22, 2014 10:26:44 pm

:angry-smiley-034:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #17534: Sep 22, 2014 10:33:21 pm
      He is at that.. I often hear how people (of a fair few clubs) don't rate him.. Can't see why myself, he's a born winner

Ancellotti is possibly one of the most under rated coaches around for some strange reason.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17535: Sep 23, 2014 08:22:02 am
      So basically you're saying we had some dickhead fans back then too!
      Here's an idea for you move with the times!  Football has changed, it's ALL about money whether you or I like it or not, but I would like to think our fans from the 70s and 80s would've  got behind their team and see them through the difficult times, although much like many of said fans are doing today!
      We do not have (nor did we ever) a Devine right to win games, competition has never been so fierce, there are no easy games anymore, we will lose games. 
      This is not accepting mediocrity, This is just the way it is!  If you can't cope with that,  I suggest you jump back in your time machine, and piss off back to the 80s!

He's obviously forgotten we were the first top flight English club to have sponsors on our shirts even in our glory days.

Management of resources has ALWAYS been the most important thing in professional elite sport.

Plant is stuck in some bizarre fantasy world where we are still using jumpers for goalposts.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17536: Sep 23, 2014 08:39:44 am
      He's obviously forgotten we were the first top flight English club to have sponsors on our shirts even in our glory days.

And guess what? We were a successful football club who won FOUR EUROPEAN CUPS and many league titles. The man in the street owned shares in the club. And it was a POUND to get in the ground. AND FTR no one minded about a shirt sponsor.

Pillaging bullshitters they WOULD mind. Now go back to John and Tom and watch another game of rounders! :roll:

Bollocks lad,  you know f**k all about me, so don't try and tell me what kind of supporter I am!
      Liverpool are my life!
      I have no control over how successful the team will be,  I will support them regardless!
      Your telling me fans that shout abuse at their own players are taking pride in their club? It's "fans" like you that embarrass the club and it's real Fans.
      Go look up "support" in the dictionary!

The one who's talking bollocks "lad" is you.
      Collectively the fans have massive control over a club. Act like some subservient gimps parroting pr propaganda and the club will be persistently raped. The jerks from Boston persistently profiteer and destroy the culture of the club. And all you do is say thankyou and give them some more money. Thats not supporting, thats assisting in its destruction and desecration.

Bill Shankly wasnt backed by the board and he said "shove it up your arse" and resigned. I suppose he "wasnt a fan" in your book?

You're as real a fan as Jenny Chang and Tom Hicks.
      If you really are bothered about the club and not some "storied saccer brand" pull your finger out your arse and do something.
      Tell it like it is, do something like join SOS-SLFC. Write a letter to your newspaper, or the scum in Boston, or the sponsors that support what is becoming more and more a parody of the old club. It starts there.

No you'd rather hide your head like an ostrich thinking "maybe its not my fault, maybe they'll go away". If you ARE a fan, deep down you KNOW the truth. But you can't even admit it to yourself.

And FTR I've never shouted abuse at a player. Altho it was quite common on the Kop in yrs gone by.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #17537: Sep 23, 2014 08:48:18 am
      No concerns over Gerrard - Rodgers
      Brendan Rodgers insists he has ''no concerns whatever'' about Steven Gerrard who seemed to struggle to make an impact in his team's 3-1 defeat to West Ham on Saturday.
      Rodgers said ''he is a brilliant player for us, it was a team performance that wasn't up to scratch''.
      With games against Everton and FC Basel to come Rodgers may decide to rest Gerrard for the visit of Middlesbrough in the League Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29320236

For fucks sake he's no spring chicken, to pull anything out of that debacle at WH was a job for a superfit magician never mind our Captain who approaches retirement being the wrong side of thirty as he is.
      The F***ing media crucified him for the most part when he was England captain, now it appears they crucify him for not wanting to be crucified!?!?
      Perverse doesn't cover it.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #17538: Sep 23, 2014 09:29:50 am
      So with an abrupt change of subject, can I just say that King Kenny was sacked during his 2nd season after finishing 8th despite getting the club to two finals and winning one of them.

Now by no means do I wish for the same to happen to Brendan, but surely if he were to finish in a similar fashion to how Kenny did then he needs to be booted out as well?

The Americans are dodgy bas**rds. They'll make such a decision when you least expect it. Wouldn't be surprised if they are already preparing for Brendan's replacement.

Hopefully that will not be the case, though.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17539: Sep 23, 2014 09:40:07 am
      So with an abrupt change of subject, can I just say that King Kenny was sacked during his 2nd season after finishing 8th despite getting the club to two finals and winning one of them.

Now by no means do I wish for the same to happen to Brendan, but surely if he were to finish in a similar fashion to how Kenny did then he needs to be booted out as well?

The Americans are dodgy bas**rds. They'll make such a decision when you least expect it. Wouldn't be surprised if they are already preparing for Brendan's replacement.

Hopefully that will not be the case, though.

ESPECIALLY after he said live on Sky that we're on a "1/3rd of the budget of some of our rivals".

People just don't understand. The Yanks definiton of "success" is NOTHING like a proper fan's definition of it.
      Selling Suarez to them was like winning the Champs Lge. Pretty much paid for the ground redevelpmt.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17540: Sep 23, 2014 09:49:58 am
      Selling Suarez to them was like winning the Champs Lge. Pretty much paid for the ground redevelpmt.

I do have doubts that we would have so much strength in depth right now if Luis was still here but that's for a different thread.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #17541: Sep 23, 2014 10:23:02 am
      Some say we had no choice but to sell Suarez once Barca had made an offer. If so, then why didn't we sell Suarez when he went to all lengths possible baci in the summer of 2013?

It's hard to believe that we 'had' to sell Suarez. I think a £75m offer came in and John Henry was delighted. It's short term money he feels he can transform into long term money buying the players we did. We are more of a business than a club in his eyes.

FSG's next hope is that Sterling, Markovic, Can and Moreno both inflate in value over the coming years. With the early potential Raheem has shown, he could well be worth £50m by the time he's 22/23. Then I'll be time to sell with the same old bullshit 'we wanted to keep him' excuse.

John Henry is no different from Levy. He's just more subtle in how he's mugging us off.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17542: Sep 23, 2014 10:33:15 am
      I do have doubts that we would have so much strength in depth right now if Luis was still here but that's for a different thread.

No pt having depth if the 1st 11 can't get 3 pts in many matches. These youngsters were allowed in as assets to appreciate, not to win matches this or even next yr. Thats the bad part.

Some of us said "we don't want to do a Spurs". And whats happened so far?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17543: Sep 23, 2014 10:39:05 am
      Some say we had no choice but to sell Suarez once Barca had made an offer. If so, then why didn't we sell Suarez when he went to all lengths possible baci in the summer of 2013?

It's hard to believe that we 'had' to sell Suarez. I think a £75m offer came in and John Henry was delighted. It's short term money he feels he can transform into long term money buying the players we did. We are more of a business than a club in his eyes.

FSG's next hope is that Sterling, Markovic, Can and Moreno both inflate in value over the coming years. With the early potential Raheem has shown, he could well be worth £50m by the time he's 22/23. Then I'll be time to sell with the same old bullshit 'we wanted to keep him' excuse.

John Henry is no different from Levy. He's just more subtle in how he's mugging us off.

Imagine if Luis snapped his cruciate, and put on weight. That sort of thing happened to Ronaldinho, who in my view was perhaps more gifted than anyone I've seen. He'd sit out his big contract and waddle round the pitch. And I've no doubt he'd refuse any unilateral efforts to move him on at lower wages. As indeed is his right.

And so it is if HE unilaterally tried to force a move. The reality is that he was bound. Thats not an opinion its a legal fact.However the Yanksters and their paid stooges in the press attempt to spin it.
      ________________________ ________________________ _________

The key thing with Henry is "internal rate of return". He put down 20% or so to buy the club. If the club appreaciates 20%, he can withdraw somewhere approaching that original 20%. The purchase is, to quote the tech term, a "margined investment".

So even tho we don't see dividends or cash withdrawals, that bugger is making money hand over fist. TV money, sponsorship, player sales like Luis and Nando etc etc
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #17544: Sep 23, 2014 10:45:03 am

It is a reasonable point you make CR but I'd wait a lot longer than 5 games to start having it with you I'm afraid.

It's only a matter of months ago that Brendan was the messiah on here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8658 
      Reply #17545: Sep 23, 2014 12:28:53 pm
      Bill Shankly wasnt backed by the board and he said "shove it up your arse" and resigned. I suppose he "wasnt a fan" in your book?

No you'd rather hide your head like an ostrich thinking "maybe its not my fault, maybe they'll go away". If you ARE a fan, deep down you KNOW the truth. But you can't even admit it to yourself.

And FTR I've never shouted abuse at a player. Altho it was quite common on the Kop in yrs gone by.

Look at the F***ing superfan here, get to F**k you've never shouted abuse at a player, I bet you froth at the F***ing mouth when Lucas gets on the ball you lying c**t!

And you make it sound like Shankly argued with the board just once before telling them to shove it, again bit of a misnomer there and a rewriting of history, Shankly had continuous fallings out with the board, but chairman T. V Williams always gave in, except when Sir John Smith took over, in 1974 he decided to call Shankly on one of his resignation threats, in fact by luck making it one of the greatest decisions made by a Liverpool board who promptly made the genius Paisley manager.

The truth is at least Fenway are going about things in a Liverpool Way - not mouthing off, comfy little interviews by the fireplace with LFC mug and scarf draped all over the place like the other two F***ing jokers. Whether you like it or not, fan ownership isn't going to happen anytime soon, what we have now is better than where we were or what we had.

So chill the F**k out crying arse. 

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #17546: Sep 23, 2014 12:43:26 pm
      Look at the f**king superfan here, get to f**k you've never shouted abuse at a player, I bet you froth at the f**king mouth when Lucas gets on the ball you lying c**t!

And you make it sound like Shankly argued with the board just once before telling them to shove it, again bit of a misnomer there and a rewriting of history, Shankly had continuous fallings out with the board, but chairman T. V Williams always gave in, except when Sir John Smith took over, in 1974 he decided to call Shankly on one of his resignation threats, in fact by luck making it one of the greatest decisions made by a Liverpool board who promptly made the genius Paisley manager.

The truth is at least Fenway are going about things in a Liverpool Way - not mouthing off, comfy little interviews by the fireplace with LFC mug and scarf draped all over the place like the other two f**king jokers. Whether you like it or not, fan ownership isn't going to happen anytime soon, what we have now is better than where we were or what we had.

So chill the f**k out crying arse. 

Now that's a proper post!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17547: Sep 23, 2014 12:59:48 pm
      Why the F**k are people engaging these dickheads?

They crawl out of the woodwork spouting their bollocks every time we have a couple of bad results, make out they are some kind of F***ing superfan, then when we win the fuckers are nowhere to be seen.

I see a lot of decent reds here whose support is unquestioned because of their posting history, having to defend themselves because they got into conversations with agenda pushing arseholes who only post to complain, and slag off people who don't agree with them.

Don't give the tw*ts the time of day.
      They'll soon get bored and F**k off, then we can actually have some sensible discussions.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17548: Sep 23, 2014 02:18:21 pm
      Why the f**k are people engaging these dickheads?

Was that you Swab? Or the voices in your head you were talking to? :lmao:

Fans of other clubs consider the modern day Liverpool to be  a parody.
      And judging by the last 3 posts here alone, I think they have a fair point.

Still, we could be absolutely BRILLIANT when Joe Allen is back.. :o :roll:

Its just sad really. What our so called "fan base" has become.
      Continue babbling amongst yourselves Fenwayphiles.

CoutinhoRed sees it. As do most Liverpool fans (who incidentally tend to avoid the net-fans). You 3 tho, cant stop regurgiating Ian Ayresole's tripe..

Quick Reply