Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047294 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #18446: Oct 23, 2014 09:17:45 pm
      Son of a Gun, you come across as the original internet hard man to me, I doubt you ever stood on the old KOP as you would not of lasted 2 minutes mouthing off. Also what gives you the right to tell  other posters they are wrong in their assessment of Brendan Rodgers, they are entitled to their opinions whether  you agree with them or not.Fans criticised Don Welsh in the 1950s and they had every right to, people criticised Souness in The 1990s were they also wrong. Even the late great Bill Shankly got criticised at times ,the only managers I cannot recall being criticised in my time supporting L.F.C. were Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan. I suggest you start reading the history books and getting an insight into what made this club great.

There is a difference between criticism and disrespect Billy.

I never heard anyone slating previous managers about the car they drove, the state of their appearance, their private life, etc.

That isn't 'being critical', that is jut being rude.

I stand by what I say, you can be critical of the boss, but there is absolutely no respect towards him. If he were sacked tomorrow, it would be a sorry affair on here as many would be celebrating.

I'm not going to apologise for my backing of the boss, I don't believe its fair to just fling sh*t at him whenever it seems most convenient. I get very frustrated though that because I 100% feel that this is the man to take us forward and not just create success, but create a great foundation for successive bosses to come. His playing style, his emphasis on youth - yes there will be teething problems, yes there will be mistakes, but at the end of the pain and suffering there will be reward, and I have full faith that Rodgers is the man to do it.

I've seen it, you've seen it - everyone's seen it. Some of the performances are the ideal template by which we can move forward, it's not the case of 'talk the talk, but can't walk the walk'. We've seen some great performances from his side that we haven't seem from Liverpool in YEARS that suggest he has the plan. He isn't a Hodgson type figure who spews bullshit and never delivers on the field, I just need to stress that RODGERS HAS.

There is absolutely no doubt that amanager could get those wins against Tottenham and Arsenal for example last year and be sh*t at the same time.

It just can't be a fluke, it really cannot. We have seen the 'light' so to speak, and the evidence is there.

Rodgers is THE man for this club. And I think some would do well to remember those moments of brilliance he has delivered us. Make no doubt about it, there's a LOAD of work to do, but Rodgers always said that even in those best times.

Trust me on this, please please please please back the manager. He is our greatest asset to this club no doubt.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #18447: Oct 23, 2014 09:21:40 pm
      well its certainly clear that you received a little bit of Education.
      so you made up your mind on a sound bite that this man was the new Shankly a manager like no other I think you said.
      what would you say to Brendans last 3 full seasons when his team conceded over 130 league goals ?.

Oh come off it walton, were you not impressed by what he had to say? Everyone was impressed - and say what you like about him, but he's a year ahead of the schedule he proposed. And the things he did say did work out on the field, even if it isn't working at the moment. But he never said we had reached the peak though and always stressed there was room for improvement in our best wins. If you read the papers, they'll pick out the easy sentences and blow it out of proportion, but Brendan is a rational man in all press conferences if you watch it in full and gather the context of it. It's easy to misinterpret him I admit, but there's no fantasy in what he's saying.

He explicitly said there were massive issues at the club and that things would take time. It wasn't full of soundbites, but a real rational plan for the club. I thought it was the most realistic thing a man had said about Liverpool in a long time, but it takes those moments of realisation to progress.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6946 
      Reply #18448: Oct 23, 2014 09:27:37 pm
      There is a difference between criticism and disrespect Billy.

You're right.  What you posted on another forum about us on here was disrespect.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18449: Oct 23, 2014 09:27:41 pm
      We know the defense is not rock solid, that's not news to anyone. Wasn't last season either. But not too many complaints when the lads down the other end kept knocking them in. I thought we played the best footy I'd seen us play in years, brilliant to watch sometimes, I remember typing 'we are f**king brilliant' or some such when beating Stoke 5-3 away :) 5-3!!!!! And there were plenty of other games like that. We were a scoring machine.

That's why it's hard to understand why BR didn't bring in a better strikers. Left that too late in the summer window. The way BR wants us to play, quick passing, attack, stretching our own defense - to play that way, you need strikers banging them in, making runs, opening up space. Mario/Lambert/Borini are just not doing it -- and that lack of quality up front is having a big knock on effect. Not just the dropped points, the wasted chances, the moves that were clicking last year, breaking down. But can see the players getting frustrated, not on the same wave-length. Their body language isn't what it was, their getting at each other.

We get Studge back though, a few things click back into place. Leaving aside the defense (which DOES need serious work), we still have players who can open teams up. We just need someone at the top end making sh*t happen. Which we don't have now.

Bit surprised at the reaction to the Madrid game. We've not been good for a while, but it's not a tap you just switch on. So was always going to be tough. We needed things to go for us. They have more quality players - they were on top form - we continued our poor form - the perfect storm. Was way more pissed after the Basel game, they were there for the taking, and we should got a result, that one still f**king grates.

It's too simple to blame Mario. He's a tw*t, but if he was knocking in goals, the other sh*te that goes with him is less of a problem. He's not playing well, even by his own standards - but neither are Lambert or Borini - though they're out of sight, out of mind - still, they are our other strikers and they're doing f**k to warrant a spot.  BR needs to hope one of them starts scoring, Studge comes back quick, or he'll need to go out in January and do what he didn't do properly in the summer - get better quality in the forward line.

The other end is a head scratcher. Think there we have enough players there to be defending better than we are (though keeper is a concern). But we're not organised. Can BR sort that? Dunno. We know he can get a team playing good football in the other direction - but not much evidence yet that he can make us hard to beat. Didn't really need to, when outscoring teams. So not sure how that's going to resolve itself. Like, if we get a top striker or two, think he can have us scoring again - but no matter who he brings in at the back, would he have the nous to make them a bus parking defense?

I want to see us playing last seasons footy again, so am behind BR to see if he can bring that back. But we need to knuckle down in this bad patch and grind out the points. Hull next. Then maybe when things start to go his way, maybe striker hits form, keeper starts commanding etc ... when we turn that corner, we're not far off contention. Might need to do some business in Jan, but we've done decent business at that time in the past too. And the end of the storm, there's a golden sky .... :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18450: Oct 23, 2014 09:33:40 pm
      That the season Kenny got us a trophy Mouse?.

Probably mate but what's done is done - it's now (and always should be) about the present and how we can improve.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18451: Oct 23, 2014 09:36:06 pm
      The man has lost it, brendan shows with every opportunity that he cannot manage a great club, last season was the exception from the rule, mainly because of many circumstances that favoured us, but in the end brendan is nothing more than a mid-table team manager, who can only hope to guide a team to europa league places ... this is my conclusion on his ability to handle pressure, making tactical changes, transfer activity, etc.

Everyone who thinks otherwise is blind or simply doesnt want to accept the fact that Brendan isnt the man to take the club forward.

I hope Klopp would be given a chance to prove himself at us in the future, the man has all the qualities to succeed + he's a very charismatic coach, when you see him on the bench he shows emotion, passion for the game ... Brendan on the other hand looks like a statue, he doesnt inspire any hope that he'll take a drastic decision that will change the course of a game, and i think the players are feeling the same way, it was Suarez who spurred them on, not the manager.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18452: Oct 23, 2014 09:45:15 pm
      Looking at it the other way

He had no say at all in the Suarez transfer; Suarez wanted to go so that was that
      He has no say in the injuries Sturridge has had this season
      He gambled on Balotelli as a replacement and it hasn't worked 'so far'. It happens.
      If he can sort out the defence, I think we'll be a great outfit 

If

I now believe the absence of Studge has affected our style of play a lot more than I first thought it would. He is our spearhead and all players know how to play with him. He's a massive blot on the Gaffer's philosophy on football.

Who is to say that Balotelli won't be a beast when he plays alongside Studge for more than 180 minutes football? One is quick, makes runs and the other is a big strong target man who can pick out a pass when needs be. Not saying Tosh and Keegan, just saying we've hardly had a chance to see Studge and Balo!

Has the Gaffer messed up? Yes. Is he totally to blame for the position we are in? No way. Gaffer signings or not, there are some out on that pitch who owe the Gaffer and fans a massive apology for the way they've been performing.

He's not perfect, he'll make mistakes, but given the chance I believe he'll get us motoring once again.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18453: Oct 23, 2014 09:47:18 pm
      i'm still hoping that balo will perform better alongside sturridge
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #18454: Oct 23, 2014 09:47:46 pm
      You're right.  What you posted on another forum about us on here was disrespect.

Do tell...

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #18455: Oct 23, 2014 09:49:12 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #18456: Oct 23, 2014 09:51:42 pm

Ay! F**k off you ya little line crosser. I've just seen your gay little thread ;)

You weren't sorry though were you? Really?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18457: Oct 23, 2014 09:52:19 pm

just look at the way he ripped into Billy and Eurored there's no way I am standing for that he is just a typical internet bully.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #18458: Oct 23, 2014 09:53:22 pm
      The man has lost it, brendan shows with every opportunity that he cannot manage a great club, last season was the exception from the rule, mainly because of many circumstances that favoured us, but in the end brendan is nothing more than a mid-table team manager, who can only hope to guide a team to europa league places ... this is my conclusion on his ability to handle pressure, making tactical changes, transfer activity, etc.

Everyone who thinks otherwise is blind or simply doesnt want to accept the fact that Brendan isnt the man to take the club forward.

I hope Klopp would be given a chance to prove himself at us in the future, the man has all the qualities to succeed + he's a very charismatic coach, when you see him on the bench he shows emotion, passion for the game ... Brendan on the other hand looks like a statue, he doesnt inspire any hope that he'll take a drastic decision that will change the course of a game, and i think the players are feeling the same way, it was Suarez who spurred them on, not the manager.

Klopp who has Dortmund 5 places off the bottom of the bundesliga. Guess where we are?
      Get a grip George if your going to slag off Brendan you need a better argument.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18459: Oct 23, 2014 09:53:55 pm
      - yes there will be teething problems

Look at you bringing his teeth into it again

8)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #18460: Oct 23, 2014 09:54:48 pm
      he's a very charismatic coach, when you see him on the bench he shows emotion, passion for the game ... Brendan on the other hand looks like a statue,

Wow, that has to be the most dumbass thing I have heard today, and there has been plenty of dumbass comments on this board.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #18461: Oct 23, 2014 09:57:06 pm
      just look at the way he ripped into Billy and Eurored there's no way I am standing for that he is just a typical internet bully.

Yeah, but those two getting ripped is standard isn't it? ;) good job I didn't see the posts. Would've plussed the fuckers :D

Seriously though, slagging this forum off to another forum is golden gossip.

I want the juicy gossip!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #18462: Oct 23, 2014 09:57:25 pm
      Wow, that has to be the most dumbass thing I have heard today, and there has been plenty of dumbass comments on this board.

Idiots have taken over the asylum.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18463: Oct 23, 2014 09:58:46 pm

10 managers in 54 years is enough and we cant afford to change another one now.
      Brendan has everything he needs to succeed what he needs to do now is apply himself to the job keep quiet and let the team do the talking on the pitch. There are issues major issues especially surrounding the new players but we don't really know what restrictions are being put on him.
      The good thing is we have a game against Fulham coming up and a good win will keep us right up there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #18464: Oct 23, 2014 10:00:47 pm

Once again...how is Klopp doing this season........?

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18465: Oct 23, 2014 10:02:52 pm
      Once again...how is Klopp doing this season........?

Wasn't Klopp a catch phrase in Dad's Army. ? Instead of saying Heil Hitler the character used to say KLOPPP.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #18466: Oct 23, 2014 10:06:20 pm
      His signings have been abysmal Kenny got slaughtered for the Andy Carrol signing but that was one bad one the list since Brendan came in is almost endless.

They both signed lots of sh*te.  Suarez was pretty much the only one Kenny (Comolli?) got right.

It wasn't just Carroll.  Kenny also signed Downing for 20m, Charlie Adam, Doni, Enrique etc.  And Henderson, who was utter sh*te the entire time Kenny was here.  So that's more than just Andy Carroll.

Not like Rodgers has done much better.  They're still living off of that one window where they brought in Sturridge and Coutinho.  Pretty much everyone else he has signed has been awful.  The rest have been nothing more than just ok. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #18467: Oct 23, 2014 10:06:22 pm
      Ay! F**k off you ya little line crosser. I've just seen your gay little thread ;)

You weren't sorry though were you? Really?

Nah mate, was I F**k.

I stand by what I said. It was the way I said it that was out of order.

And for them to then bang on about respect after they disrespect the League Cup so much is F***ing comical. We, as a club, respected it so much that in 83 the players allowed our most successful manager in history to walk up the steps and pick up the League Cup.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #18468: Oct 23, 2014 10:09:02 pm
      I never heard anyone slating previous managers about the car they drove, the state of their appearance, their private life, etc.

Agree with this.

Brendan gets a lot of what you might class a personal criticism which is nothing to do with his ability as a football coach.

Don't recall any other of our managers getting stick for what they wear or what car they drive and I'm sure each and everyone of them had a decent motor.

Quick Reply