Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3075333 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #19021: Nov 01, 2014 03:38:29 pm

We are pedestrian, predictable and pathetic, so we have the 3 P's, well in!

3 envelopes right there ;)
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #19022: Nov 01, 2014 03:39:49 pm
      Brendan Rodgers on Tottenham in 2013: "When you spend £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league."

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #19023: Nov 01, 2014 03:40:23 pm
      We are pedestrian, predictable and pathetic, so we have the 3 P's, well in!

So are those nicknames for Sterling, Johnson and Moreno?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19024: Nov 01, 2014 03:43:43 pm
      Never thought it possible, but that got me chuckling after today's performace :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19025: Nov 01, 2014 03:44:42 pm
      Brendan Rodgers on Tottenham in 2013: "When you spend £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league  cup."

Fixed
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #19026: Nov 01, 2014 03:46:04 pm
      Brendan Rodgers on Tottenham in 2013: "When you spend £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league."

Brendan has spent over £200million on "his" players so what is a good return on that investment the CL
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #19027: Nov 01, 2014 03:46:05 pm
      No 4th place in May then he needs to go.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #19028: Nov 01, 2014 03:47:34 pm
      The worrying thing for me is not just the performances on the field but the language coming out of Anfield. Brendan has recently been talking about how he's 'rebuilding' Liverpool after Suarez's loss. The team that finishes second in the league invariably doesn't need rebuilding, even if they loose a very important player. The team that finishes second in the league invariably builds upon that season to push on and at the very least maintain their position as a title challenger, if not win the thing outright. We shouldn't need rebuilding at this stage, he's spent two years rebuilding us. We should be in need refining.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #19029: Nov 01, 2014 03:48:09 pm
      Brendan has spent over £200million on "his" players so what is a good return on that investment the CL

Where is this 200m coming from?

Are you counting Sturridge and Coutinho in there as well? Because they've more than made up for their transfer fees and more (even with Sturridge injured).

It seems you are reverting back to being Brendan's judge, jury and executioner Walton...is that the hat you want to wear?

I'm just as sick of these performances as anyone else but to continue to harp on the money spent is in my opinion foolish. We've got who we've got, Brendan needs to figure out how to get the best out of them right quick and in a hurry.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #19030: Nov 01, 2014 03:48:31 pm
      don't be giving JH ideas. :f_steam:

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #19031: Nov 01, 2014 03:49:53 pm
      I'm not sure what you are going on about the academy Son. Look at Sterling, Ibe, Wisdom, McLaughlin, etc....

We have good academy players for sure, but none of them are world class and that appears to be what we are lacking right now.

Our top end players just aren't playing as well as they should be and that's what's hurting us. We are having a serious hangover from last season and it appears to me that a good number of the established players just don't seem to have the urgency they had last year. They drop their heads, submit to defeat and don't really show any signs of panic (the good kind) during the game when there needs to be something happen.

Why Lallana sits on the bench today I have no idea....why Can sits on the bench I have no idea....why Sterling was given 90 minutes I have no idea....why we persist in playing Balotelli as a lone striker (although I actually thought he put in a good shift today) I have no idea.

Maybe Brendan can explain those items to me because it's almost like we conceeded a draw (that turned into a defeat) in this game from the start. I am really getting sick and tired of the slack passing and turning the ball over...we lack the sharpness that we had last year. Last year it was odd that we turned the ball over even under pressure...now we are giving it away without even being under pressure sometimes. I've been trying to stay optimistic but this team needs something to kick start it and I wish I knew what it was. And I wish even more that Brendan knew what it was.

There's potential in the youth setup as of now - it seems better than it was 10 years ago where there was a dearth of talent (with the most 'talented' now playing at clubs like Preston and Carlisle).

But this current crop of youth players NEED to succeed - if they don't, we are going to continue wasting our money on talent with no connections to the club and no sense of being deep rooted in the clubs culture and tactics. Thus, many imports don't have the drive and determination that you'd see from hot prospects from the youth. Just think of all the young players we've bought over the years and how much they have cost us (even the likes of Henderson and Allen cost a bomb - its not just the current young transfers we bought I'm talking about) - Barcelona or Munich or Dortmund would never have spent so much on young players and instead already HAD their young players and filled the gaps by spending big on established players. By time we've bought our youngsters for what seems a policy every summer we don't have nearly enough to buy established players.

My point is FL is that if our youth academy had been successful the last 10 years, we would perhaps be doing very well for ourselves, as we wouldn't be arguing about poor transfers and such because the real transfer money would be bought on established players. We are having big issues simply because we are buying on young players who quite obviously aren't ready. That is the root of all problems here. It's simply because our youth system isn't up to scratch that we are contantly fighting against the tide as young players ar bought 'for the future' and many don't really fulfil their potential, and those who do have seen the best current players move on to bigger clubs. There is a lot that can be said for youngsters who are brought up with the tactics of the first team embedded in their minds and the top prospects can fit in to the first team like hand in glove - there's none of this 'adaption to the English game' argument to get their heads around.

We're not going to outspend the likes of Chelsea, City and United who can easily plug in all gaps. And so our policy of building for the future is flawed if we don't have a great youth system. Whoever the manager is.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #19032: Nov 01, 2014 03:50:45 pm
      Where is this 200m coming from?

Are you counting Sturridge and Coutinho in there as well? Because they've more than made up for their transfer fees and more (even with Sturridge injured).

It seems you are reverting back to being Brendan's judge, jury and executioner Walton...is that the hat you want to wear?

I'm just as sick of these performances as anyone else but to continue to harp on the money spent is in my opinion foolish. We've got who we've got, Brendan needs to figure out how to get the best out of them right quick and in a hurry.

I always check my facts £212 million
      http://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/25-1
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #19033: Nov 01, 2014 03:51:31 pm

Dunno mate. But by the same token, who here hand on heart can honestly see Brendan turning things around for the better sooner rather than later, regardless of how much support and backing he'll get from us?

He looks like a lost sheep at the moment and from what I hear, his post match interviews are becoming more and more delusional. This is really when 'experience' counts and the fact of the matter is, neither he nor any of his staff have any.

To an extent he's being left alone right now due to last season 'success'. However, if it were anybody else with the amount of money spent would they get a free ride?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19034: Nov 01, 2014 03:53:17 pm

Sadly FSG say they can't afford Fat Sam
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #19035: Nov 01, 2014 03:54:04 pm
      No 4th place in May then he needs to go.

Even if we won the League Cup?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19036: Nov 01, 2014 03:54:49 pm
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #19037: Nov 01, 2014 04:07:32 pm
      Even if we won the League Cup?

It didn't save KK did it? :f_tongueincheek:
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #19038: Nov 01, 2014 04:08:16 pm
      Can't blame Balotelli, stubornly asked to play lone striker in a system not suiting his qualities at all.
      Can't blame Sterling, asked to play winger when we desesperatly need his energy in the center of the field.
      Can't blame Gerrard, who is doing his best, but just can't chain good performance after good performance like some years ago.
      Can't blame the defense who look as badly coached as ever.
      Can't blame Mig, who may be out of his depth or also victim of tactics, as we can't compare him to anyone, having no real competition.
      Can't even blame the absents, when the man in charge had all the money and time needed to find suitable replacements or improve the squad.

Sad for Brendan, who imo is a more than decent manager globally, and I certainly wasn't wanting to criticize after last season, but he just lost it this one. And at this point I wouldn't be surprised or ashamed if owners finally decide before the end of the year that a new face is more suited to bring the club forward (given our performances and results don't improve drastically in coming month, but I fail to find any positive sign that it's going to happen).
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,725 posts | 7164 
      Reply #19039: Nov 01, 2014 04:14:01 pm
      Its hard to judge what is really going on with Brendan. If he does have his hands tied by FSG and can only buy players with a good sell on price then he will never buy a player of Luis's quality so he was probably never in the market to replace him. We need quality signings not players with potential. But if Brendan is his own man he should know what he needs and demand it from them it seems to have become far too complicated,just sign players to fill a role who are good enough and have proven they are good enough.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #19040: Nov 01, 2014 04:21:32 pm

Nope.

But I was asking what the poster thought as opposed to FSG.

No way I'd sack a manager who's just won something.

Kenny should never have been fired that summer in my opinion.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #19041: Nov 01, 2014 04:24:05 pm
      first time after hodgson when i had to actually turn off the tv, depressing style of football, absolutely appalling display, there is no difference between rodgers and hodgson in this moment, it is crystal clear that in this club, the players made rodgers a good manager, and now he even thinks he is a great one, the man was lucky to have an inform suarez and sturridge, the style of play is sh*te, was sh*te last season when suarez was suspended, by luck we managed to obtain points without him

i say it again, to still have a hope for this team, brendan needs to go, the sooner the better, the longer he stays the tougher will be to rebuild the team and the players confidence, even stevie is not sure if he will continue with us, unfuckinbelievable, mr brendan doesnt inspire any morale in our players, on the contrary, he doesnt have a clue about defense system, about tactics, the man is swansea level club at best, they even did better without him
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #19042: Nov 01, 2014 04:30:13 pm
      Nope.

But I was asking what the poster thought as opposed to FSG.

No way I'd sack a manager who's just won something.

Kenny should never have been fired that summer in my opinion.

They would be represented by 'exactly' the same scenario though wouldn't they? £100m+ spent to languish in 7th or 8th place with only a mickey mouse cup and a back door entry into Europe to show for it.

Look, I know it's way, way too premature and a bit disrespectful at the moment but.... if FSG did decide to pull the trigger, would they go back for Rafa (rumours circulating in the Italian press that Napoli want rid) or are they more likely to go after another up 'n coming manager like De Boer let's say?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #19043: Nov 01, 2014 04:31:13 pm
      de boer, laudrup, klopp are way better choices than brendan, hell even tony pulis is

Quick Reply