Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047974 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #21068: Nov 27, 2014 12:36:58 pm
      I want BR to raise the pressure on the players not constantly try to take it off them with comments about how well we have played when clearly we haven't.

Lets put their balls on the line, crank up the pressure...lets see what players can handle it and what ones fade into nothing......only then will we will see which ones have a win at all costs mentality.

I genuinely fear that we will be dragged into a relegation battle if we don't kick start this weekend and get 3 points.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #21069: Nov 27, 2014 01:03:40 pm
      Wish he'd stop telling everyone how pleased he is and how well we've done everytime we are sh*te. MAN UP AND TELL HE WORLD WHAT IT ALREADY KNOWS
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #21070: Nov 27, 2014 01:20:15 pm
      among all the mistakes brendan made so far and mentioned here, i think there is another thing that must be taken into consideration :

he was found out, last season, nobody thought that we'll mount a serious title challenge, this season all teams took precautions against us and this shows given our lack of ideas upfront and how easy we concede goals ... hell last night the opposing players tried to shoot from every position, even they know how unsecure is our keeper
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #21071: Nov 27, 2014 03:30:22 pm
      Flanno and Sturridge couldn't return quick enough! They could be the difference for Brendan.
      Ain't gonna be THE fix. The form of our keeper and his two CBs is equally crucial.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #21072: Nov 27, 2014 03:42:40 pm
      among all the mistakes brendan made so far and mentioned here, i think there is another thing that must be taken into consideration :

he was found out, last season, nobody thought that we'll mount a serious title challenge, this season all teams took precautions against us and this shows given our lack of ideas upfront and how easy we concede goals ... hell last night the opposing players tried to shoot from every position, even they know how unsecure is our keeper
      True that, if i was a manager preparing for a match against Liverpool . here are the things i would do.

i)Put a marker on Gerrard if he is playing deep.
      ii)Double up on Sterling as he is the only threat.
      iii)Put as many diagonals with a striker challenging Lovren, he will at least F**k up once.
      iv) Shoot from anywhere near our box. Either Mignolet will F**k up, or the shot will deflect resulting in a corner which again is a golden opportunity        to score against us.

wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #21073: Nov 27, 2014 06:07:48 pm
      We have a squad that should be challenging for top 4. We need Brendan to start playing the right players based on form and not based on name nor affinity.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21074: Nov 27, 2014 06:38:55 pm

Hard times at the moment for Brendan, can't seem to catch a break. As against Palace his decisions over subs seemed to make things worse.

Disagree Saint .

Why should Rodgers "catch a break".

He pitched for and was hired for one of the most important jobs in football. Manager of Liverpool Football Club.

Like a self centred 3 year old he has been given everything he ever wanted.

£200 million.
      25 new players in "which he has final say"
      Staff replacements and sacking good people.
      £7 million pounds of wages paid to him already on his old contract and now £5 million a year on his new one.

Career Win ratio of 44% and a worse LFC Win Ratio than Moyes FFS.
      The man has been living the f**king dream for a football manager !    ..... but that  is where he is.
      Playing  FIFA on his PS4 in his head.

He has had his break.

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2014 07:17:30 pm by eurored »
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #21075: Nov 27, 2014 06:54:17 pm
      Sorry I know this off topic but I thought we could all do with a laugh...

An Evertonian has just posted on my Facebook page saying get ready to watch us show you Kopites how to win in Europe!!

Yes i'am still laughing....

:aaliverpool2xt1:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #21076: Nov 27, 2014 07:03:16 pm
      Sorry I know this off topic but I thought we could all do with a laugh...

An Evertonian has just posted on my Facebook page saying get ready to watch us show you Kopites how to win in Europe!!

Yes i'am still laughing....

:aaliverpool2xt1:
      I ain't
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #21077: Nov 27, 2014 07:33:38 pm

Me neither, they're still winning, and I'm forced to watch it, 'cos I'm married to a Blue!!!!!!!

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21078: Nov 27, 2014 09:36:42 pm
      Disagree Saint .

Why should Rodgers "catch a break".

He pitched for and was hired for one of the most important jobs in football. Manager of Liverpool Football Club.

Like a self centred 3 year old he has been given everything he ever wanted.

£200 million.
      25 new players in "which he has final say"
      Staff replacements and sacking good people.
      £7 million pounds of wages paid to him already on his old contract and now £5 million a year on his new one.

Career Win ratio of 44% and a worse LFC Win Ratio than Moyes FFS.
      The man has been living the f**king dream for a football manager !    ..... but that  is where he is.
      Playing  FIFA on his PS4 in his head.

He has had his break.

I agree mate, but think he has been very unlucky this season. Sturridge being out for so long is a blow that would put a dent in most teams, especially if they had just sold their best striker. I know that we could have had better backup plans but it is still a blow.

I am sure there are more excuses.... I just can't think of them at the moment.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #21079: Nov 27, 2014 09:48:46 pm
      Rodgers in game management was very poor last night. Gerrard and Lambert were literally at crawling pace towards the end yet he kept both of them on the pitch.
      Some fresh legs would have helped press Ludo higher up the pitch, would have meant the chance of another goal and more importantly stop us being under so much pressure in the last 10 minutes.

Oh well you live and learn.

You mean the last 10 minutes when Stevie set up Raheem for a certain goal, only for Raheem to cock it up?...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #21080: Nov 27, 2014 10:01:36 pm
      You mean the last 10 minutes when Stevie set up Raheem for a certain goal, only for Raheem to cock it up?...

Yes I'm sure no one else would have managed that wonder pass FFS the adulation of Gerrard sometimes and I thought it was just Rodgers!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #21081: Nov 27, 2014 10:03:01 pm
      Having thought about it , I wonder if the "fantastic performance" bits of Brendan's are not more for our American owners to digest rather than for the supporters or anyone who actually saw the game.

It was probably sarcasm ... just didn't translate
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21082: Nov 27, 2014 11:00:40 pm
      Hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if last season is his most successful as a manager.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #21083: Nov 27, 2014 11:00:47 pm
      Yes I'm sure no one else would have managed that wonder pass FFS the adulation of Gerrard sometimes and I thought it was just Rodgers!

No need for sarcasm there. Fact is it was Stevie who set him up, regardless of it being a simple pass or not. How many times have we seem a simple pass over played for the chance to go begging? Well that chance did go begging and it was Raheems fault. I for one was personally pleased to see Stevie further up. It's a position he's more familiar with and can be of more use there.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #21084: Nov 27, 2014 11:19:01 pm

Yeah, I agree, no chance of Lallana or Coutinho making those type of passes ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21085: Nov 27, 2014 11:41:29 pm
      It was another crap display by the manager, against any other team we would have been slaughtered, how many more times will we try to defend a 1 goal lead? And what is with playing our oldest player every minute of every game, ffs man up Rodgers and drop your landlord from the team!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21086: Nov 27, 2014 11:58:08 pm
      It was another crap display by the manager, against any other team we would have been slaughtered, how many more times will we try to defend a 1 goal lead? And what is with playing our oldest player every minute of every game, ffs man up Rodgers and drop your landlord from the team!

I know you disliked Rafa from a very early stage mate... do you think Brendan is worse?  I tend to think our inability to defend set pieces has more to do with our present predicament than who Brendan's landlord is.

I think we have conceded 13 goals from set pieces already this season. (not sure if that's just league or all competitions)

I don't believe anyone is happy at the way things are at the moment but without Sturridge I think we have to accept we won't be knocking goals in for fun no matter who the manager is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21087: Nov 28, 2014 12:00:26 am
      I think we have conceded 13 goals from set pieces already this season. (not sure if that's just league or all competitions)

Just as bad at the other end too mate. Over 100 corners this season, more than any other team I think and we haven't managed to score from a single one.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21088: Nov 28, 2014 12:06:11 am
      Just as bad at the other end too mate. Over 100 corners this season, more than any other team I think and we haven't managed to score from a single one.

Makes you wonder how much time we spend on set pieces in training and however long it is double it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21089: Nov 28, 2014 12:16:28 am
      Makes you wonder how much time we spend on set pieces in training and however long it is double it.

We clearly do nothing to do with set pieces or defending, doesn't look like we do much on attacking either.

Although thinking about it, maybe we have got it all wrong. Maybe we are looking boss in training attacking wise because we probably score so many goals past Migs it makes the likes of Balotelli look like the new Suarez.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #21090: Nov 28, 2014 09:17:09 am
      We cant sack him just yet i would like to think we would give him the rest of the season,but i think his backroom and coaching staff need a overhaul as its proved that we mostly only got to finish 2nd last season because we had less game so could train and recover better meaning his team didnt need to change that much and they clicked.

now we have more games BR cant find the balance due to lack of experiance at this level. next season we will be stronger as the team would have clicked and BR would of learnt from these massive mistakes in tactics

Quick Reply