Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3085527 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #27508: Apr 26, 2015 10:46:50 am
      Bet you even kept a straight face when you typed that...

Brendan "Genius" Rodgers
      Comedy gold.  :lmao:

I did yeah? How many goals did suarez score under KK? How many under BR?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #27509: Apr 26, 2015 10:47:18 am
      We're as sh*t as when Shamway arrived. We're shi**er than when Brodgers arrived.

Everything from Mr Sparkleyteeth is geared towards lowering expectations.
      Despite the odd remark, it seems like he's reading straight from the company script.
      "Fantastic performance" v W Brom.

W.        T.           F.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #27510: Apr 26, 2015 10:52:36 am
      I did yeah? How many goals did suarez score under KK? How many under BR?

Keeping taking the meds. Luis is sh*t. Brendan is the finest manager the world has ever seen. All hail the Great Brodge, leviathan of the footballing world. We are very lucky to have tempted the incredible genius that is Rodgers and Pascoe. I'm amazed he wasn't snapped up by Madrid when he was at Reading. Happy now?

:o

PS who is this guy? His mum? Or Johnny Foureyes himself?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #27511: Apr 26, 2015 10:56:51 am
      We're as sh*t as when Shamway arrived. We're shi**er than when Brodgers arrived.

Despite the odd remark, it seems like he's reading straight from the company script.

How dare he return the club to the Champions League and make finishing 5th feel like a horrendous season. After all when he took over we finished 8th, just behind "The Chosen One" at Everton.
      We had players from the pantheon of football past and present gracing Anfields hallowed turf such as the irrepressible Charlie Adam or effervescent Andy Carroll. Oh Brendan how did you poison that most golden of chalices?
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #27512: Apr 26, 2015 11:01:38 am
      Rodgers deserves another season.

I can't believe the way many of our own have 'turned on him'.

F**k being in the trenches with some of you.
      Imagine being in the trenches and Rodgers was in charge! Even scarier.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27513: Apr 26, 2015 11:05:46 am
      Would that be the same 'Johnny Foureyes' you're hoping sacks the "leviathan of the footballing world" and replaces him with better?  ;D

"Alas, the storm is come again! my best way is to creep under his gaberdine; there is no other shelter hereabouts: misery acquaints a man with strange bed-fellows. I will here shroud till the dregs of the storm be past."
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27514: Apr 26, 2015 11:10:52 am
      And it's BR that put him on a level that Barca would consider paying the 3rd highest transfer fee in the history of football

So Luis had nothing to do with his own goal scoring? Gotcha!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27515: Apr 26, 2015 11:15:48 am
      So no manager deserves any credit then when they set their tactics around a star player? Gotcha!

Anyone brought in by FSG is automatically going to be sh*t in your eyes, simply because THEY brought him in! No doubt you'd turn on Rafa if he came back under these owners.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27516: Apr 26, 2015 11:18:06 am
      Same way as Brendan has nothing to do with Mario, Rickie and Fabio's lack of goal scoring; I guess.   ;)
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #27517: Apr 26, 2015 11:18:18 am
      Isn't Mignolet on for the golden glove

I genuinely get the frustration when Brendan using the word 'outstanding' I really do..
      But I just think it's a go to word for him, almost a saying.. Like we all have that we use for different situations.

Look yesterday wasn't outstanding by any means, not in my language, I use outstanding when we batter sides but from a technical viewpoint of going to a tough place like that with a manager like Pulis to dominate the ball like we did was a decent performance.. Had that been in say September or October of a season and we went there as did that you could take positives from it.. Had we got a goal or two them it would have been a really really good performance in which we went to a tough place with a manager like Pulis dominated the ball and come away with a win to nil them we'd be made up.
      I know we didn't but in the context of that tough place to go it was 'technically' a good performance

Brendan just likes using that word.. Frustrating I know

Had he said

We came here dominated the ball, played well but just didn't get the goal we needed

Then people wouldn't be as angry

That's essentially what he said but he used that word he loves

Thing is with football as we all know you can't just go and smash every team every week.. Most good sides over the years goes to tough places like WBA and do what they need to get the 3 points and move on..
      Without the poor run and had we got the goal that we needed then we would be creaming over going there and doing that.

I agree the word outstanding is misplaced but it's just one he likes to use where all of us wouldn't do.. I'm sure that we use that word sparingly over performances.. But what you need to think is what he has worked on all week in terns of control of the game then he is probably very happy with them.. They just didn't get the goal

Unfortunately I think the tide has turned on Brendan it seems.. I'm not sure how he comes back from this really

I don't think I can cope with another season of this.. I don't think he wins back those who have gone.

Great comments here.....agree, the manager sounds like a cock. He talks far too much bollox, he has rose tinted glasses on a performance like this. Yes a draw is no disgrace, but we are supposed to win games when they matter, you do get the feeling he is happy not to lose.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27518: Apr 26, 2015 11:18:52 am
      Where you say restrictions in the case of Dortmund I see limitations.
      Luke: come on to F**k buddy, it's me you're talking with here, you're way better than that. "Limitations" and not "restrictions"? Jaysus.  :-\

restriction
          noun re路stric路tion \ri-藞strik-sh蓹n\
      : a law or rule that limits or controls something

: the act of limiting or controlling something

Anyhow... that's my last on the subject of the "limitations" Klopp faced at Dortmund and how, I believe, he could have done even better without them.  8)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So: let's lighten the mood, shall we?   ;D

The ghost of football yet to come visited me last night. Showed me what lay in store "three months hence".

FSG had sacked Brendan. FSG had recruited J眉rgen Klopp. FSG had removed any limitations sorry.... restrictions. Wow, I thought, even I could have me some of that particular treble.  :o

Then... you know what the b***ard did?

Says he [the ghost of football yet to come] to me [b.b. bubby] - "Only F***ing with you... here's what really happens...let me show you..."

FSG had sacked Brendan. FSG had recruited Garry Monk. FSG had kept any and all restrictions.  :f_wah:

The point being - to all those who want Brendan sacked; be careful what you wish for. Some folk wanted Rafa gone; hoping for someone 'better' - they got Roy. Some folk called for Kenny's head; hoping for Rafa - they got Brendan and now it's Brendan's turn with J眉rgen Klopp the 'only show in town' for so so many, it seems.

I genuinely hope, for all concerned that, if Brendan gets the rap and then the chop; both legs of your dream double romp home.   :-\

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2015 11:38:44 am by bad boy bubby »
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #27519: Apr 26, 2015 11:20:15 am
      What's with everyone saying we've improved from 8th, 7th and 6th into 5th position this season?

Have I been in a coma and woke up after the remaining games we had or do we still have games to play.

We could quite easily finish 7th this season depending on how the remaining results play out.

Plus if we truly F**k up and Swansea win all of their remaining 4 we could finish 8th.

Stop saying 5th is where we should be and it is an improvement until we actually finish 5th.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27520: Apr 26, 2015 11:23:08 am
      Same way as Brendan has nothing to do with Mario, Rickie and Fabio's lack of goal scoring; I guess.   ;)

Well you can't make somebody score if they don't seem very good at it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27521: Apr 26, 2015 11:33:08 am
      Well you can't make somebody score if they don't seem very good at it.
      But you can blame him when they don't? Gotcha.

Only yanking your chain buddy.  >:D

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #27522: Apr 26, 2015 11:34:14 am
      He needs to win as many of the remaining matches as he can or the negativity towards him will swallow him up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #27523: Apr 26, 2015 11:35:59 am
      He needs to win as many of the remaining matches as he can or the negativity towards him will swallow him up.

Agree with this. Finding it hard to see how he'll be in charge next season if the season continues to peter out like it is right now.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #27524: Apr 26, 2015 11:40:42 am
      How can we be outstanding if we spend the whole game with the ball and do F**k all with it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #27525: Apr 26, 2015 11:46:24 am
      Luke: come on to F**k buddy, it's me you're talking with here, you're way better than that. "Limitations" and not "restrictions"? Jaysus.  :-\

restriction

Anyhow... that's my last on the subject of the "limitations" Klopp faced at Dortmund and how, I believe, he could have done even better without them.  8)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ghost of football yet to come visited me last night. Showed me what lay in store "three months hence".

FSG had sacked Brendan. FSG had recruited J眉rgen Klopp. FSG had removed any limitations sorry.... restrictions. Wow, I thought, even I could have me some of that particular treble.  :o

Says he [the ghost of football yet to come] to me [b.b. bubby] - "Only F***ing with you... here's what really happens...let me show you..."

FSG had sacked Brendan. FSG had recruited Garry Monk. FSG had kept any and all restrictions.  :f_wah:

The point being - to all those who want Brendan sacked; be careful what you wish for. Some folk wanted Rafa gone; hoping for someone 'better' - they got Roy. Some folk called for Kenny's head; hoping for Rafa - they got Brendan and now it's Brendan's turn with J眉rgen Klopp the 'only show in town' for so so many, it seems.

I genuinely hope, for all concerned that, if Brendan gets the rap and then the chop; both legs of your dream double romp home.   :-\

A very fair point and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about similar happening.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #27526: Apr 26, 2015 11:57:38 am
      Luke: come on to f**k buddy, it's me you're talking with here, you're way better than that. "Limitations" and not "restrictions"? Jaysus.  :-\

restriction

Says he [the ghost of football yet to come] to me [b.b. bubby] - "Only f**king with you... here's what really happens...let me show you..."

Got to be honest, but that didn't lighten my mood at all , and i was looking forward to it!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27527: Apr 26, 2015 12:02:07 pm
      Got to be honest, but that didn't lighten my mood at all , and i was looking forward to it!
      ;D

A very fair point and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about similar happening.
      Yeah mate and... whilst it is necessary, sometimes, to lie to others; it is always wrong to lie to yourself.

There seem to be an awful lot of people feeding off the hope that FSG have tapped up Klopp then (working backwards) that they sack Brendan. I, honestly, hope for those people's sake and sanity that [if Brendan gets the blame and sack] their dreams are realised.  :angel:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #27528: Apr 26, 2015 12:14:59 pm
      BR has cast doubt on Daniel Sturridge's status as first-choice striker in the light of his injury issues by saying ''the club must sign a consistent goalscorer this summer who can perform at a top level every week''.

Does the manager need a F***ing messenger pigeon?
      Modern means of communication are apparently useless between Boston and Liverpool, I have family in Sutton, Mass. and the bro-in-law is a scouser, have to message him on f.book and tell him to get downtown and have a word.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2015 02:10:47 pm by stuey »
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27529: Apr 26, 2015 12:40:41 pm
      How can we be outstanding if we spend the whole game with the ball and do F**k all with it?

:mad: :mad: :mad:    >:(
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #27530: Apr 26, 2015 12:55:23 pm
      I know for myself when time is up and it isn't the case for me yet but don't worry, I'll guard those trenches for you.  ;)

P.S. I like the quote at the bottom of your posting page.
      Do you really? Or are you just being sarcastic and actually think I am being disloyal as a supporter? Because if you are, I'll direct you to the post you replied to above.

No need for the snipe if that's the case. Just come out and say what you think. I can take it, I'm used to abuse; I've been married 21 years.

Quick Reply