Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3049135 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #30843: May 26, 2015 01:57:07 pm
      There was also a guy named Bruno... He wasn't ok.

his name wasn't Bruno it was "the new Zidane".He scored a winner at chelsea didnt he or was that the other world beater Le tallac
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30844: May 26, 2015 01:57:47 pm
      I didn't think he was going to be sacked before the Stoke game and although the Stoke game was obviously a nightmare....if they didn't want him gone before it I'm not sure why that game alone would completely alter their views.

If they were on the fence then yes, I can say that result pushing them off of it, but if they were firmly behind him for the remainder of his contract (or even one more year) then I don't see why they still wouldn't be.

I think he'll be here next season although God help the man because I'm not sure what he can do aside from winning the title to have any kind of support from the fans.

I didn't think prior to the Stoke game he would go, I'm only now thinking there is a possibility because of simply of abject that was, I've genuinely without the need for hyperbole never seen a poorer performance, or result in the big picture.. We don't do those type of results..

It's more a behind the scenes though, things we aren't privy to that will see how much of an impact that has on any decision, the mood and reaction of the players that we won't see.

I honestly can't say I'm positive about next year if things stay the same.

This squad lacks the quality it needs. I don't trust the club as it stands to bring in what we need.

Fsg are the main problem here and the way they have implemented their vision over the past 5 years
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30845: May 26, 2015 02:00:46 pm
      Our players might not be world class so if Chelsea beat us 6-1 I could put some blame on FSG.... but QPR, Villa and Stoke. . Down on paper our b team should even win. It's not about the transfers it's about making the players believe that they can win and playing them in their effective places. He's done the opposite,  players lack confidence and we've seen forwards played as defenders.  Now we wonder what went wrong and say one more chance every season.   Most clubs give their managers one season regardless of funds... 3 seasons and 200m+ later invested and what do we have to show for it? Negative history and he'll leave if he's asked. What about what the fans ask? It's not entirely gone to a vote and I thought that the one silver lining with the hammering we got would be that we'd get a new manager,  but even that turned out over optimistic. What does it take? Coutinho,  Sturridge,  Sterling,  Henderson to go whilst we fail to sign decent replacements for the money and find ourselves in a relegation battle? Changing personal sometimes makes people leave but in this instance keeping personal is more likely to.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30846: May 26, 2015 02:00:52 pm
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/brendan-rodgers-quotes-be-quiet-5763659
      If he stays I suggest he looks at this and learns to shut the F**k up
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #30847: May 26, 2015 02:05:06 pm

Maybe I'll take some time today to go back and find 9 things you probably wish you never said and then I'll post them up here for everyone to see and people can point at you and laugh. ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #30848: May 26, 2015 02:05:07 pm
      Honestly I don't think changing manager will sort all of our problems but I don't see how we can go on like this.

He's lost a lot of the supporters (this forum is actually quite kind on him, everywhere else seems to be much more in favour of sacking him) and going on Sunday's performance he's lost the dressing room as well. We have absolutely bottled the end of the season, unbelievable that we were in relegation form for the last 6-7 games. With Raheem looking on this way there will be 80m or so potentially to spend, it seems mental to go and give it to a manager and transfer committee that just wasted 100m+ 12 months ago.

If he stays fair enough, I'll disagree with the decision but I'll get behind him. A lot of other Reds will as well but it's only going to take a few defeats for the fans to turn on him again (even more spectacularly I'd imagine) and that really would leave FSG with no choice but to sack him. And then what? Write the whole season off, get an interim manager and just pray for the end of the season.

He's got to go for me but like I said, I've got absolutely no faith in our owners to do the right thing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #30849: May 26, 2015 02:07:52 pm
      I think he'll be here next season although God help the man because I'm not sure what he can do aside from winning the title to have any kind of support from the fans.

He can start by instilling a bit of belief in the team FL and begin the season when it actually is supposed to.

If no one inside the club is worried by the alarming drop in form since we for beat by the mancs then we really are in trouble. The run of results since then is enough on its on for clubs to sack a manager.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30850: May 26, 2015 02:09:48 pm
      Maybe I'll take some time today to go back and find 9 things you probably wish you never said and then I'll post them up here for everyone to see and people can point at you and laugh. ;)

I am not the manager thanks for your input
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30851: May 26, 2015 02:10:41 pm
      Honestly I don't think changing manager will sort all of our problems but I don't see how we can go on like this.

He's lost a lot of the supporters (this forum is actually quite kind on him, everywhere else seems to be much more in favour of sacking him) and going on Sunday's performance he's lost the dressing room as well. We have absolutely bottled the end of the season, unbelievable that we were in relegation form for the last 6-7 games. With Raheem looking on this way there will be 80m or so potentially to spend, it seems mental to go and give it to a manager and transfer committee that just wasted 100m+ 12 months ago.

If he stays fair enough, I'll disagree with the decision but I'll get behind him. A lot of other Reds will as well but it's only going to take a few defeats for the fans to turn on him again (even more spectacularly I'd imagine) and that really would leave FSG with no choice but to sack him. And then what? Write the whole season off, get an interim manager and just pray for the end of the season.

He's got to go for me but like I said, I've got absolutely no faith in our owners to do the right thing.
      totally agree,  but I am worried about who we will get. Selling sterling for 35m then playing 20m for Danny Ings and 15m on another player is not what I'd call ideal but it's somewhere amongst possibilities that would make me cringe.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30852: May 26, 2015 02:13:47 pm
      totally agree,  but I am worried about who we will get. Selling sterling for 35m then playing 20m for Danny Ings and 15m on another player is not what I'd call ideal but it's somewhere amongst possibilities that would make me cringe.

The only way we pay 20m for Danny Ings is if you get a job on the transfer committee

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #30853: May 26, 2015 02:24:25 pm
      his name wasn't Bruno it was "the new Zidane".He scored a winner at chelsea didnt he or was that the other world beater Le tallac

Nope, that was our Cheyrou alright, Heskey whipped the ball in and new Zidane swept in the finish. We won 1-0. I think that was about the sum of Cheyrou's contributions though. However, Rafa also signed some donkeys, anyone remember Dossena? Every manager has his failings.In general, thought Houllier did well with a very limited budget. His total spend in 7 seasons was 120m, net spend of about 60m. Times were different back then but still...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,546 posts | 1776 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30854: May 26, 2015 02:27:38 pm
      Ings is a free is he not ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30855: May 26, 2015 02:31:06 pm

Yeah there is a bit of development compensation to pay but not 20m

He's not good enough either though
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #30856: May 26, 2015 02:47:55 pm

this is the biggest factor
      nikhillout
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #30857: May 26, 2015 03:00:18 pm
      Brendan is Kevin Keegan Mark 2, one great season where he tore up the league, bottled it at the end and afterwards look at his managerial record, never came within a million miles. Just another case of history repeating.
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #30858: May 26, 2015 03:02:50 pm
      I don't think the owners will get rid of Brendan, logically they've  invested a lot of money into players for him, (I don't buy the conspiracy theory he doesn't have a say on the players coming in, if he doesn't he shouldn't be the manager), and BR will claim last seasons perfect storm situation as enough to buy him another season. As owners they'd also look foolish getting rid of someone who managed a title tilt only 12 months earlier, regardless of how it came about, much like Abrahamovich with DiMatteo after the champions league.

My own views were very scepital of BR from the beginning, either he was not good enough, or had a lot to learn and we shouldn't be his study centre, but after three years I expected him to be a far more polished operator. Sadly on the pitch he continues to be tactically naive, still can't understand defending or make best use of the players we have. I still firmly believe he can't manage the bigger personalities, and this is evident in his cow towing or getting rid, and my feeling is deep down he knows he isn't good enough, his mannerisms point to it. Off the pitch, and it does matter to me, he has been a disaster, his personal life in the press's, he continues to use 100 words where 10 would suffice, he says crap that continually bites him on his arse and seems to still have talksport on speedial. Just get on with being the manager.

Regardless of my personal feelings, if he's still manager then I will still support the players and can't see me booing BR or anything like when I go to matches, ( I still keep venting my belief he isn't good enough on places like this or in the pub, that's my right) but the problem is that as there has been open discussion in the press about him being sacked, so a couple of losses early on and the pressure will be just too much for him to stay on.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #30859: May 26, 2015 03:07:56 pm

fair enough,  didn't know he was free. Money aside,  I am still concerned with who we can get in the summer.  We hardly have any big names echoing around. I doubt Rodgers has the lure to some of the best players.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #30860: May 26, 2015 03:18:18 pm

Ings is shi...t is he not!?

I've been joking for a little while that if we sign Ings then that's it for me. Rock bottom.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30861: May 26, 2015 03:19:21 pm
      Confirmation bias; something many, myself included, have been guilty of as of late. This article is level headed, well reasoned and plays both sides perfectly.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/05/liverpool-sacking-brendan-rodgers/

Pretty much exactly how I feel.... Sack him, Upgrade and lets move on. No upgrade... DOF, and lets move on. No DOF, Get on board.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30862: May 26, 2015 03:21:37 pm
      Ings is shi...t is he not!?

I've been joking for a little while that if we sign Ings then that's it for me. Rock bottom.

Lower than rock bottom.

Eventually we will be considered a small club... We are now a big club, with a small club mentality. A few more years of buying sh!te from the shi!te teams in the league and we will be considered a small club by all.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #30863: May 26, 2015 03:25:40 pm
      Nope, that was our Cheyrou alright, Heskey whipped the ball in and new Zidane swept in the finish. We won 1-0. I think that was about the sum of Cheyrou's contributions though. However, Rafa also signed some donkeys, anyone remember Dossena? Every manager has his failings.In general, thought Houllier did well with a very limited budget. His total spend in 7 seasons was 120m, net spend of about 60m. Times were different back then but still...

You mean Dossena who scored a peach of a lob over Van Der Sar in our 1-4 demolition of the scum at their ground? Everyone who wore the silver shirt that day was a hero in my eyes. Never to be forgotten...

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30864: May 26, 2015 03:27:38 pm
      fair enough,  didn't know he was free.

That's ok

It's a long long list of things you don't know
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30865: May 26, 2015 03:30:36 pm

He is but you also get a merekat toy.