Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3067008 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31418: May 29, 2015 06:34:26 pm
      I thought I was on ignore you ar enot a man of your word are you and with your hatred for Luis I am not sure if you are not an FSG plant.

Just because he doesn't get a boner everytime Luis' name is mentioned doesn't mean he hates him.

He's stated countless times that he couldn't care less about Luis now that he doesn't play here anymore.

I'm mostly in the same boat. He's not our player anymore and I don't have googly eyes for him (which some still do, slobbering all over themselves like he's going to come back here and save us some day).
      Redwanderer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #31419: May 29, 2015 06:35:16 pm
      But surely if BR has been voted to go because of his inferior methods then this is because he is 'damaging' the success of the club?

£200m or more in 3 years for one second place PL finish and no trophies. £100m of this for a sixth place finish this season with the team performing markedly worse with little sign of progress. Is that a good return on anyone's investment?

In this respect, I would therefore contend that the those responsible for ensuring ROI (return on investment) are indeed 'damaging' the club. In a general footballing sense, however, if there's more money to be thrown in to establish a middling top 10 team then it could be deemed not so much damaging but a sound business investment for those who have pots of cash to throw away!  ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31420: May 29, 2015 06:36:38 pm
      As i said through the eyes of an accountant , or an accountant friend telling you what you want to here .

It's always a shame when people dismiss the truth so they can pursue an agenda.

Refute the points or stfu.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31421: May 29, 2015 06:38:24 pm
      I don't hate Suarez.
      I just see clearly how he shat on us.

Bit someone to get a move here.
      Bit someone whilst here to try and force a move to arsenal, whilst blaming his wanting a move on the press (same press in London)
      Bit someone at the world cup then got a move to a club he had already agreed terms with.

There's a common thread that runs through every move he's made.
      He might have been great for us, but his behaviour was F***ing appalling, and there is no F***ing way he should be put in the same bracket as KK, Rafa or Gerrard.
      You should be embarrassed for even thinking that.
      So much so we fell to F***ing bits when he went . He fu**ed off because he saw how bad things were with the gobs***e owners with no F***ing vision only dollar signs in their eyes and a manager who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery . And i speak of him in fondness the same way Kenny thought of him . the end justifies the means .

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #31422: May 29, 2015 06:38:40 pm
      I don't hate Suarez.
      I just see clearly how he shat on us.

Bit someone to get a move here.
      Bit someone whilst here to try and force a move to arsenal, whilst blaming his wanting a move on the press (same press in London)
      Bit someone at the world cup then got a move to a club he had already agreed terms with.

There's a common thread that runs through every move he's made.
      He might have been great for us, but his behaviour was f**king appalling, and there is no f**king way he should be put in the same bracket as KK, Rafa or Gerrard.
      You should be embarrassed for even thinking that.

I don't believe that Suarez bit anybody to force a move. He Bites because he can't control himself in anger. It's really that simple.

If he wanted to force a move, he would just have refused playing, just like masch did.

He just lose his temper, that basically it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31423: May 29, 2015 06:39:12 pm
      Just because he doesn't get a boner everytime Luis' name is mentioned doesn't mean he hates him.

He's stated countless times that he couldn't care less about Luis now that he doesn't play here anymore.

I'm mostly in the same boat. He's not our player anymore and I don't have googly eyes for him (which some still do, slobbering all over themselves like he's going to come back here and save us some day).

Some players I follow when they leave.

Suarez was never going to be one of them because of how he dragged our name down and tried (twice) to force a move away by biting an opponent. Add to that the sh*te he came out with in the media.
      No issues with the fella, but many other players have done much less and been slagged to hell and back for it.
      Torres, for one.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31424: May 29, 2015 06:40:17 pm
      It's always a shame when people dismiss the truth so they can pursue an agenda.

Refute the points or stfu.
      You don't want me to go through the cooked books do you ?

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #31425: May 29, 2015 06:41:06 pm

Why does everything must be taken to a extreme here?
      Maybe some people just like to watch good football and like to watch great player perform.

Just like Messi.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31426: May 29, 2015 06:42:00 pm
      I don't believe that Suarez bit anybody to force a move. He Bites because he can't control himself in anger. It's really that simple.

If he wanted to force a move, he would just have refused playing, just like masch did.

He just lose his temper, that basically it.

I see a consistent theme: every time he wants to move clubs he bites someone.
      That's a pretty F***ing huge coincidence.

He also dragged our name through the mud with his behaviour.

Like I said before, I don't harbour him any ill will but I'm fu**ed if I will put him in the same bracket as Gerrard, KK or Rafa. That's just an insult to true legends.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31427: May 29, 2015 06:42:47 pm
      You don't want me to go through the cooked books do you ?

Cooked books?
      Proof please.
      You can get the accounts online, and you can go through every single item and show me where the books have been "cooked".
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #31428: May 29, 2015 06:44:01 pm
      I see a consistent theme: every time he wants to move clubs he bites someone.
      That's a pretty f**king huge coincidence.

He also dragged our name through the mud with his behaviour.

Like I said before, I don't harbour him any ill will but I'm fu**ed if I will put him in the same bracket as Gerrard, KK or Rafa. That's just an insult to true legends.

I agree with you on that he isn't a legend like kk and stevie.

But I honestly believe that his biting has no agenda. We just have to disagree then :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31429: May 29, 2015 06:46:03 pm
      So much so we fell to F***ing bits when he went . He fu**ed off because he saw how bad things were with the gobs***e owners with no F***ing vision only dollar signs in their eyes and a manager who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery . And i speak of him in fondness the same way Kenny thought of him . the end justifies the means .

Bollocks.
      He left because a move to Barca was always his objective.
      We were just a stepping stone for him. You need to face up to that.

Let me repeat, he had already agreed terms with Barca before he bit chiellini.
      And you want to put him alongside true legends.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31430: May 29, 2015 06:46:27 pm
      I think in general the Brendan hate mob credit Suarez and Suarez alone with our run to almost taking the title last season, hence they get a little defensive if someone doesn't quite see things the same as them. They despise the current manager to such an extent that they absolve him of any credit for last season ("it was all because of Suarez") but heap the blame on him for this season ("it's not the fact we haven't got Suarez anymore, it's the managers fault for not using Balotelli properly").

People who get defensive can't accept an alternative view. Myself I view Suarez with far more affection than Swab does and don't necessarily agree that he cynically engineered his moves (I just think he's f*cking nuts to be honest), but I get where he's coming from. Similarly, I don't agree with my old mucker S@int when he advocates getting rid of Brendan, but I get where he's coming from.

There's too many people who can't simply accept that it's OK to not 100% agree all the time. I've experienced it many times myself over Benitez, suggest that you think he did a pretty decent job rather than an absolutely f*cking spectacularly unbelievably amazing one and suddenly you "hate" the man, "aren't a real fan", "should f*ck off and support Man Utd" and other snippets of genius. The new one is "you must be an FSG plant". They use this for absolutely anything which happens to not agree 100% with their point of view. Very odd really.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31431: May 29, 2015 06:48:03 pm
      I agree with you on that he isn't a legend like kk and stevie.

But I honestly believe that his biting has no agenda. We just have to disagree then :)

Fair enough.
      Like I said, the string of "coincidences" is too much for me to think any differently than I already do.

The dogs abuse Torres got, who scored more and arguably contributed more makes me see those who fawn over Suarez as nothing more than massive hypocrites.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31432: May 29, 2015 06:50:15 pm
      Stadium expansion underway, expert advice taken on many occasions (Barwick), led us to 2nd in the league, provided the manager with plenty of money, sanctioned our highest ever contract (suarez), gave the manager his preferred method of recruitment (BR on record as saying so), consistently given improved contracts to players who perform, (may have) rescued us from administration and years in the wilderness a la Leeds, made us financially stable, increased commercial revenue across the board.

They hired BR after taking advice from many different quarters, last year he was a hero, this year people want him sacked.
      Such is the fickle nature of modern fans.

I voted for BR to go, mostly because of his training methods and junior management approach to motivation.

To suggest that either he or FSG have damaged us is nothing more than a joke.
      Or sheer blind stupidity.

Come on Swab have you ever legitimately criticised FSG? I can't legitimately criticise them without being called a bullshitter by you. You sure you are not a plant?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31433: May 29, 2015 06:50:15 pm
      I think in general the Brendan hate mob credit Suarez and Suarez alone with our run to almost taking the title last season, hence they get a little defensive if someone doesn't quite see things the same as them. They despise the current manager to such an extent that they absolve him of any credit for last season ("it was all because of Suarez") but heap the blame on him for this season ("it's not the fact we haven't got Suarez anymore, it's the managers fault for not using Balotelli properly").

People who get defensive can't accept an alternative view. Myself I view Suarez with far more affection than Swab does and don't necessarily agree that he cynically engineered his moves (I just think he's f*cking nuts to be honest), but I get where he's coming from. Similarly, I don't agree with my old mucker S@int when he advocates getting rid of Brendan, but I get where he's coming from.

There's too many people who can't simply accept that it's OK to not 100% agree all the time. I've experienced it many times myself over Benitez, suggest that you think he did a pretty decent job rather than an absolutely f*cking spectacularly unbelievably amazing one and suddenly you "hate" the man, "aren't a real fan", "should f*ck off and support Man Utd" and other snippets of genius. The new one is "you must be an FSG plant". They use this for absolutely anything which happens to not agree 100% with their point of view. Very odd really.

Haha the hypocrisy, at the top you call people Brendan haters and then criticise people for suggesting you hate Rafa.

:lmao:
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #31434: May 29, 2015 06:50:18 pm
      Fair enough.
      Like I said, the string of "coincidences" is too much for me to think any differently than I already do.

The dogs abuse Torres got, who scored more and arguably contributed more makes me see those who fawn over Suarez as nothing more than massive hypocrites.

never thought of it in those terms Swab, makes me think you're on to something!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31435: May 29, 2015 06:52:07 pm

ahh mick.
      I have never seen a player who can do the things Suarez can, and I remember most of his time here with great affection and not a little open mouthed wonder at some of his more outrageous pieces of skill.

However, that doesn't take away the nasty taste in my mouth when I remember how he twice tried to force moves to what he saw as "bigger" clubs, with the 2nd attempt succeeding.
      Compare that to the treatment of Torres, who did little wrong in comparison, and whose only real mistake was to move to a club everyone hates on the basis that he had more chance of winning trophies.

BTW I don't follow his post LFC career either.
      I rarely do when players move on.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31436: May 29, 2015 06:57:22 pm
      Come on Swab have you ever legitimately criticised FSG? I can't legitimately criticise them without being called a bullshitter by you. You sure you are not a plant?

I call it as I see it with FSG.
      The problem is that so many here are prepared to lie and try to re-write history in pursuit of their agenda.

I've criticised FSG plenty of times, most notably about the alleged wage structure they are supposed to have put in place, with highly incentivised contracts.

They've made money available, they've started the stadium expansion, they got us financially stable and have hugely increased commercial revenue.
      They may not know much about football, but they made sure to hire or consult with people who do, most notably Brian Barwick.

They've made mistakes, and I have little doubt they'll make more mistakes, because football isn't an exact science.

They are not the best owners we could have, but nor are they the worst.

Last year, BR was everyones blue eyed boy. 1 bad season and we see people turn on him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31437: May 29, 2015 07:10:01 pm
      Haha the hypocrisy, at the top you call people Brendan haters and then criticise people for suggesting you hate Rafa.

Fair play mate, get back on the horse straight away and all that, it's always the best way.

Yes I think this thing with "hating" someone is dependent on who is doing it. See with Rafa, I was bang behind him for most of his tenure but when it swung, I immediately said so, explained why etc. I think that's why I'm able to be pretty sensible while discussing him, give him credit where it's due for the job he did with us (some of it was an extraordinary effort lets be honest), to tell the truth about the fact he did well at Chelsea etc. Equally, when things don't go so well (not disasterous at Napoli, absolutely awful at Inter) I don't see the need to put the boot in, to sneer at people who will do their damnedest to paint it in the best light possible. I'd even support him 100% if he came back as manager! something the lads can't even get close to with Brendan.

I think where you went wrong with the current manager was repressing your true feelings for too long, living in a kind of make believe denial world. Of course us playing so well and almost winning the league last season can't have helped, but it was painful to see you and your cohorts grinning through gritted teeth when only Skip was brave enough to actually say what he was thinking.

Now you've all "come out" in a football sense, it's like the excitement of finally admitting the fact that you despise the manager has warped your heads. God only knows how you are all going to carry on if he keeps his job, you'll clearly be hoping we fail so you can get the bovver boots into the manager again.

It's a bit sad really and THAT Luke is what I call hatred, not saying someone did a pretty good job rather than a splendiferously unbelievable one.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #31438: May 29, 2015 07:18:52 pm
      Why does everything must be taken to a extreme here?
      Maybe some people just like to watch good football and like to watch great player perform.

Just like Messi.

I don't know what you mean by extreme? I like watching Luis play but what he did to this club the way he left does not sit well with me so I don't have any sort of hero worship for him like some do. He's just another player to have played here and then used us to further his career.

Now Torres...I'll always have a soft spot for him, just the way it is I guess, can't really explain it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #31439: May 29, 2015 07:21:47 pm

80% of "supporters" calling for his head they must all be "haters" then Luke. Its always the club first and foremost managers and players come and go.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #31440: May 29, 2015 07:25:09 pm
      I call it as I see it with FSG.
      The problem is that so many here are prepared to lie and try to re-write history in pursuit of their agenda.

I've criticised FSG plenty of times, most notably about the alleged wage structure they are supposed to have put in place, with highly incentivised contracts.

They've made money available, they've started the stadium expansion, they got us financially stable and have hugely increased commercial revenue.
      They may not know much about football, but they made sure to hire or consult with people who do, most notably Brian Barwick.

They've made mistakes, and I have little doubt they'll make more mistakes, because football isn't an exact science.

They are not the best owners we could have, but nor are they the worst.

Last year, BR was everyones blue eyed boy. 1 bad season and we see people turn on him.

It's not one bad season though is it? It's one good season in three. With mostly bad signings. He's had a fair crack of the whip IMO. LVG went into Utd in his first season there and has instantly given them CL football back. They've been poor, we all know that, yet BR couldn't take advantage of that fact. Will our opposition be as poor next season? Unlikely you'd think...

Quick Reply