Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047182 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31533: May 30, 2015 03:27:11 pm
      So many Villa fans flooding the streets where I live today.

Should of been us :(
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31534: May 30, 2015 03:38:10 pm
      With a talented squad with world class players, he could CHALLENGE for the title, but not win it, as has been proven already. The current manager simply cannot comprehend what a defensive unit is all about. Hence why we leaked over 50 goals the previous season. Any team worthy a shot at the league title needs a rock solid defence. I have no confidence whatsoever that BR is the man to add much needed balance to the team.

This is why I question his tactics. Without Suarez in 13/14 season, I'm sure we'd still be conceding of relegation standard and not have the creativity and goalscoring ability of Suarez to bail us out. Would we have finished runners up? Perhaps not even 4th?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #31535: May 30, 2015 03:41:16 pm
      "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." ~ Voltaire

Used to love him, Albert Camus and Jean Paul Sartre on Monday Night Football  ;)
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2015 04:00:48 pm by Scotia »
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #31536: May 30, 2015 03:53:56 pm
      Used to love him, Albert Camus and Jean Paul Satre on Monday Night Football  ;)

Sartre wasn't bad either.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #31537: May 30, 2015 04:02:54 pm

Should know better than to try to type tricky names on my phone.

Thanks for your help - now sorted.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31538: May 30, 2015 04:16:06 pm
      Yes Stuey, it's amazing how upset, how far off topic or what weird things people will post if you oppose their POV.

As posted.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #31539: May 30, 2015 04:31:59 pm
      No
      What it means is that a couple of people have an opinion .... have the courage of their conviction to post it ......  suffer a veritable sh*t storm of abuse for months on end because of it and for going against the tide.

What no one seems to understand is that there is no right or wrong.

Its all about the club. Liverpool Football Club.
      Which yes some of us have supported for half a century  and it deeply pains us to see us where we are .
      If nothing changes you can include ...where we are going... in that.

OK Now ?

We'll never agree on this Skip but there was abuse on both sides but some thought their abuse was justified due to their 'length of service' and only seemed to resurface after testing the water and knowing tide was turning against the manager.

Half a century?

Nice one. I've notched up a quarter of a century but unfortunately can't make myself any older than I am just like the younger members in here who have fewer years 'support' under their belts.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31540: May 30, 2015 05:29:02 pm
      We'll never agree on this Skip but there was abuse on both sides but some thought their abuse was justified due to their 'length of service' and only seemed to resurface after testing the water and knowing tide was turning against the manager.

Half a century?

Nice one. I've notched up a quarter of a century but unfortunately can't make myself any older than I am just like the younger members in here who have fewer years 'support' under their belts.

Respect
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31541: May 30, 2015 05:31:02 pm
      Whats Brendan watching ?

The "shouldas"   Wembley   ?
      or

The "Couldas "   Berlin.

Or shouldnt I ask ?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31542: May 30, 2015 05:48:10 pm
      Now here is one for the conspiracy theorists (please note, don't take this seriously)....

The speculation about Benteke has heated up in the last week in particular. Tim Sherwood - quite legitimately - tells us he finds it strange Liverpool are interested in the forward, given that we don't cross the ball. Sure enough, we are 19th out of 20 in teams in the Premier League who crossed the ball. At the moment, I'm struggling to see the logic in it - or maybe I am as dim as Tim....

Whatever about the conspiracy theory, I'd be concerned if it's BR who is leading attempts to sign Benteke. Have backed BR all along and think if he gets the right players, he can get them playing good football again.

But the big problem is actually getting the right players.

And imo Benteke is not that good a fit. We've seen that strikers who are quick footed, mobile, look to beat guys and close people down are better suited than more traditional big, strong guys who are good in the air and with their backs to goal. So not sure how he'll do.

The whole transfer committee thing is a complete morass of whatthefuckisreallyhappe ning. But at this stage, I'm going to assume that BR is 'good' with any signings as it's his F***ing ass on the line, and he should be saying 'yes, i DO want him' or 'no, i DONT want him' VERY VERY clearly at this stage in the day.

Being better than our current strikers is like saying he's fatter than gwenneth paltrow ... course he is, that's not hard. It just seems a bit lazy, of all the strikers in the world, we're looking at a guy who's the front man for a side down the road.  Whatever about the other positions, imo the strikers in a Rodgers side are really important with the brand of football needing guys who play a certain way. And if we don't have much money to spend, we should be spending it wisely, and not spunking it on guy who has maybe played well in a few games against us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31543: May 30, 2015 06:00:41 pm
      Whats Brendan watching ?

or

The "Couldas "   Berlin.

Or shouldnt I ask ?

I can guarantee that what he's not doing is obsessing over someone he knows nothing about.

Unlike some.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31544: May 30, 2015 06:19:36 pm
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #31545: May 30, 2015 06:33:23 pm
      So many Villa fans flooding the streets where I live today.

Should of been us :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCU0h8iR_Dw
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #31546: May 30, 2015 07:08:06 pm
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31547: May 30, 2015 07:22:11 pm
      Whats Brendan watching ?

or

The "Couldas "   Berlin.

Or shouldnt I ask ?

Serious question skip - and for all those who want the manager sacked.

Would you sack Brendan with Klopp and Ancelotti unavailable? Or hold out under such a scenario?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31548: May 30, 2015 07:27:41 pm
      Serious question skip - and for all those who want the manager sacked.

Would you sack Brendan with Klopp and Ancelotti unavailable? Or hold out under such a scenario?

its always been about the FSG/Rodgers/Ayre combination. Replacing just Brendan but not having a huge change in structure and Players buying policy is just nuts and I cannot see anyone of Klopp or Ancelotti's standing agreeing to it.
      If Brendan had have spoken out about the transfer policy earlier I would have given him support but he has worked hand in hand with FSG since Day one so he  is part of the problem not necessarily part of the solution.
      I can see FSG changing the player buying Policy and ditching Brendan effectively making him the scapegoat.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #31549: May 30, 2015 07:36:42 pm
      its always been about the FSG/Rodgers/Ayre combination. Replacing just Brendan but not having a huge change in structure and Players buying policy is just nuts and I cannot see anyone of Klopp or Ancelotti's standing agreeing to it.
      If Brendan had have spoken out about the transfer policy earlier I would have given him support but he has worked hand in hand with FSG since Day one so he  is part of the problem not necessarily part of the solution.
      I can see FSG changing the player buying Policy and ditching Brendan effectively making him the scapegoat.

I know these are the wildest of rumours from twitter, and even craptalk said this (which makes me call it rubbish..) but Klopp "is in discussions and will only accept job if the committee is dismantled". I don't think any manager would ever want to work under such a committee.

I'm not confident of signing Klopp, and I'm not confident of the committee or Rodgers eye for a player, so hence why I believe in a true football man coming in as Director of Football.

I do believe Rodgers is a manager with great potential like we saw last year, but I think a world class coaching structure (we are ridiculously inexperienced and lightweight - note that all young managers in big clubs have expert knowledge and experience in the dugout with them...) and a DOF coming in is essential.

Compromises must be made with Rodgers and FSG as the last few months is something I don't believe will ever be rectified with the current recruitment and coaching structure. If they all believe it can be rectified, then they are deluded.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31550: May 30, 2015 07:43:20 pm
      I think if either of Klopp or Ancellotti are appointed and Brendan moved on there would be very few if any fans who wouldn't be all for it. I just can't see it though, under these owners with these constraints I cannot see a manager of that calibre taking the job on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31551: May 30, 2015 07:46:20 pm
      I know these are the wildest of rumours from twitter, and even craptalk said this (which makes me call it rubbish..) but Klopp "is in discussions and will only accept job if the committee is dismantled". I don't think any manager would ever want to work under such a committee.

I'm not confident of signing Klopp, and I'm not confident of the committee or Rodgers eye for a player, so hence why I believe in a true football man coming in as Director of Football.

I do believe Rodgers is a manager with great potential like we saw last year, but I think a world class coaching structure (we are ridiculously inexperienced and lightweight - note that all young managers in big clubs have expert knowledge and experience in the dugout with them...) and a DOF coming in is essential.

Compromises must be made with Rodgers and FSG as the last few months is something I don't believe will ever be rectified with the current recruitment and coaching structure. If they all believe it can be rectified, then they are deluded.

Brendan should have come here after he had been to SPurs or Newcastle not Swansea. If fsg had said he had to make the tea as well as manage the club he would have still taken the job and I dont really blame him for seizing the opportunity.
      But just to remind people we are 5 times champions of ~Europe and 18 times Champions of England its a massive job for even an experienced man to take on.
      The whole club is at a cross roads and I am not confident FSG will take the right road. They treat us like a franchise.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31552: May 30, 2015 07:48:28 pm
      I think if either of Klopp or Ancellotti are appointed and Brendan moved on there would be very few if any fans who wouldn't be all for it. I just can't see it though, under these owners with these constraints I cannot see a manager of that calibre taking the job on.

Do you think sacking Brendan gives them a way out of scrapping the system and indirectly blaming him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31553: May 30, 2015 07:56:52 pm
      I like some others on these boards think that Brendan's status has become untenable,

I'm not sure yet if he has indeed actually lost the dressing room but I do think that certain players no longer believe in his mantra and that for me is a point in which will be unlikely to recover,

At the end of the day it matters very little what any of  us think, that belongs to our owners and whether they think that Brendan's status still holds credence, I guess we will all find out soon enough,

So say hypothetically they decide to stick rather than twist, would that mean then that they believe in Brendan's philosophy or are just happy to go along with the mediocrity, if they twist does that mean that whoever the new bloke is will they still retain their way of running lfc into the ground ?

If the latter were to happen them I'd be left in no doubt that indeed FSG's tenure is untenable rather than that of Brendan,

One thing I think we can all agree on is change needs to happen and happen very quickly whether or not they stick or twist,

It all comes down to money and whether or not our owners change their ways and start paying the kind of wage that will appeal to the top shelf players we so desperately need, Simples really  ?

YNWA
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #31554: May 30, 2015 08:04:17 pm
      One thing that bothers me is that in the endless interviews he does, why do none of these berks, ask him why he continues to play players out of position?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31555: May 30, 2015 08:07:55 pm
      One thing that bothers me is that in the endless interviews he does, why do none of these berks, ask him why he continues to play players out of position?

He likes the attention.Having all the journo's hanging on his every word appeals to him. Now how many have com eout and supported him?.
      He should keep them at arms length and take a leaf out of kenny's book and say as little as possible to prevent them from twisting everything to suit their own agenda.
      But its one of the reaosns FSG appointed him they though he was very media friendly

Quick Reply