Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047207 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #33649: Aug 09, 2015 07:05:20 pm
      People who don't know what's going on?

Hang on a second, are you actually suggesting.... that we played well today?

I don't think that's what he said, are you actually suggesting that Benteke was "poor".

Because he wasn't "poor". He wasn't great, merely average but some of that due to his lack of support.

When you insist on choosing the terms you do for maximum over reactionary effect then you will continue to be marginalized on this forum.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #33650: Aug 09, 2015 07:48:50 pm
      I find myself getting repeatedly irritated at how late Brendan leaves it before bringing on players to change a game.

Firmino should've been brought onto the pitch at least 10-15 minutes earlier.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33651: Aug 09, 2015 08:04:21 pm
      I find myself getting repeatedly irritated at how late Brendan leaves it before bringing on players to change a game.

Firmino should've been brought onto the pitch at least 10-15 minutes earlier.

If he had brought Couthino off as he had planned earlier than we would not have won. I don't think Sub timings is an exact science it used to annoy me Rafa always waited until 60mins
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33652: Aug 09, 2015 08:28:30 pm
      "I think the lad is very fortunate to stay on the field" Hughes on Lovren

Well if thats the case, then every game featuring Stoke would have to be forfeited due to their sending offs. Dick.

Didn't the same sh*t happen to Ibe? He got a nasty elbow to the face. ;D.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33653: Aug 09, 2015 10:07:31 pm
      Get the F**k in 1 down 37 to go ...

For me, Brendan didn't start with the right team but he made the Substitutions just at the right time and he made the right substitutions so well done.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #33654: Aug 09, 2015 10:12:27 pm
      For me, Brendan didn't start with the right team but he made the Substitutions just at the right time and he made the right substitutions so well done.

Thought they could have come earlier but agreed the subs were spot on and he deserves credit for that Ian, spot on.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33655: Aug 09, 2015 10:18:27 pm
      Thought they could have come earlier but agreed the subs were spot on and he deserves credit for that Ian, spot on.

Maybe Lallana off at HT but I thought the Firmino sub was pretty spot on, he wanted to give Ibe as much time as possible to get on that score sheet but the lad kept running into dead ends.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33656: Aug 10, 2015 04:45:24 am
      You're forgetting a big difference Fed.

Us analysing a game isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

We won.

With a wonder goal.

Go out and have a pint and f**king enjoy it.

No Si,
       he needs to go out and get arse fu**ed by a 18 stone JCB digger driver, he'd probably enjoy that more than seeing us win,

Fake fan indeed!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33657: Aug 10, 2015 04:49:19 am
      I don't think I have ever known anyone who can make a good win feel like a defeat

Spot on Walton
      That fake fan hates us winning

YNWA
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #33658: Aug 10, 2015 05:34:13 am
      First match of the season and some people expect us to fire on full cylinders.Anyone who thinks that we played sh*t for 85 mins without taking into the consideration that it was just our first match is hopeless.

Think about it

We won

Arse lost

Chelsea drew

Spurs lost

Saints drew.

Everyone of them was sh*t but we got '3 points'.Can't see what is the sole reason of whining now.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33659: Aug 10, 2015 05:48:21 am

Get the F**k in 1 down 37 to go ...

Isn't it great that we have players like that to bring on?  :) A strong bench is so important to get us over the line.  :scarf:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #33660: Aug 10, 2015 05:49:20 am

Isn't it great that we have players like that to bring on?  :) A strong bench is so important to get us over the line.  :scarf:
      And we have Daniel to come in too.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #33661: Aug 10, 2015 09:15:39 am
      Not many people will go to the Britannia & take 3 points. Chuck in the fact we've not really got going in pre-season, few players still lacking fitness & still missing Sturridge, that was a very, very good 3 points.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #33662: Aug 10, 2015 09:24:20 am
      Good first day back in the office for the boss.

Still lots of work to do but looking much more positive.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #33663: Aug 10, 2015 09:29:33 am
      we won, and compared to last seasons comparative fixture, 3 points better and plus 6 on GD

Cant ask for much more than that
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #33664: Aug 10, 2015 10:35:25 am
      Considering most have complained about our defensive woes over the last couple of seasons, that was a solid display.  Yes it meant Benteke was isolated for large parts of the game but it gave us the platform to win the game late on.

At this stage of the season we can't afford to go gung ho from the off and expect a win, it's just not going to happen until everyone's up to full match fitness. 

Tactically that was as perfect a 3 points as we could have hoped for.  Well done Boss.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #33665: Aug 10, 2015 11:03:48 am
      I was one who wanted to see the back of BR we did not do that so we have to get behind the man he's done it once so why not again lets give the guy a clean slate and back him.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #33666: Aug 10, 2015 11:39:47 am
      Brendan's record at the Britannia;

3-1 lost.
      5-3 won.
      6-1 lost.

The previous three years under Brendan we've gone there and conceded at least three goals on each occasion. This year, we've gone there and kept a clean sheet and in all honesty, not looked like conceding. Some stark improvements there.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #33667: Aug 10, 2015 11:44:03 am
      Clean sheet and a win at Stoke?

What's not to like about that.

Great start.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #33668: Aug 10, 2015 12:28:14 pm
      I was one who wanted to see the back of BR we did not do that so we have to get behind the man he's done it once so why not again lets give the guy a clean slate and back him.

Fair point mate, completely agree (i was on the same boat as you), but that doesn't mean we can't criticise him when he makes mistakes. Yesterday wasn't the case, it was a slow start, but all the teams from top 4 had tough games and didn't impress at all, so it would sound really moronic to jump on the gaffer now.

Clean sheet, 3 points, we can build from here.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #33669: Aug 10, 2015 01:21:18 pm

You just proved my point for me.  We won a game.  One.  Single game.  And we did it playing like sh*te for 85 minutes.  Do you think that is going to be enough to win the tough away games we've got coming up?  Of course not.

So we have to figure out *why* we were so awful and needed Coutinho to get us out of jail again.

I really hope the back room staff are more pragmatic than you lot.

"Morning boss, we've got the film from the Stoke game ready to analyze..."

"Film?  I don't care about the film!  We won, who cares about analyzing the match?!  The only thing that matters is that we won!"

Having looked through the last two pages of your posts - with not one single one of them being positive - I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that you're here simply to wind others up and to bring nothing but negativity to the forum.

If that is indeed the case, then I'll give you fair warning that the former won't be tolerated and the latter will only serve in alienating other users from yourself in threads and boards alike (not that this isn't the case already).

Let me put this to you. We are Liverpool fans. We are not paid to analyse the game, we are not tasked with looking over tapes. We are simply here to support the team. Whether we win or lose, we'll always support the same club and have every right to be either happy or sad about results. To be sad or agitated over a win, however, is simply ridiculous.

The fact that we won yesterday against a team that hammered us 6-1 not even three months ago is an amazing feat. How we won doesn't matter, the fact is we won; we earned those three points. You need to understand that.

If you want to go more in-depth than that, and you insist on asking people 'why we were so awful' then look at how many debutants we started - no less than four. Do you think they will all gel simultaneously, immediately and without fault? I don't think so. The second half of the match we really started to get back in to the game when we brought on Can - a familiar face - and Firmino.

Now keep in mind that nobody on this forum knows our best XI yet, and I'm sure Brendan's not fully sure yet either. We have to start players if we want to find out how good they are under pressure. Our performances aren't going to improve tenfold by the next game, it's a bedding-in period. Wait until February to see how good we are, and then if we're still 'awful', I'm sure you won't be the only one complaining. Until then show a little restraint and try to be an asset to this forum rather than a liability.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #33670: Aug 10, 2015 01:31:28 pm
      The only thing that matters is that we won!"

Now you're getting it.

If we win the League with a season-long string of performances like yesterday, I won't be complaining. Winning is all that matters. You get three points for playing well and winning, you get three points for playing sh*te and winning. Whatever way you win, winning is all that matters.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #33671: Aug 10, 2015 01:50:54 pm
      Now you're getting it.

If we win the League with a season-long string of performances like yesterday, I won't be complaining. Winning is all that matters. You get three points for playing well and winning, you get three points for playing sh*te and winning. Whatever way you win, winning is all that matters.

Indeed.

Brendan gets stick for apparently not being able to grind out wins or win when not playing as well so yesterday was a positive for me.

Quick Reply