Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3048509 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #38433: May 28, 2016 08:02:06 am
      Saw a rumor today he was trying to bring Stevie G there.

The man he benched for the Madrid game?

The man he blamed for "the slip" and not his pathetic game tactics?

The man he allowed let go from LFC instead of keeping him on the staff at Melwood ?

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #38434: May 28, 2016 11:44:30 am
      The man he benched for the Madrid game?

The man he blamed for "the slip" and not his pathetic game tactics?

The man he allowed let go from LFC instead of keeping him on the staff at Melwood ?
      Don't try to spin sh*t. I get that Brendan wasn't upto the job but stop putting those stuff onto him.

He blamed the slip? Bullshit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #38435: May 28, 2016 11:49:52 am
      Don't try to spin sh*t. I get that Brendan wasn't upto the job but stop putting those stuff onto him.

Nah he probably did his usual babbling sh*te were he mentions buzzwords like character and intensity etc etc.

The slip was originally in one of those three envelopes!!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38436: May 28, 2016 01:47:55 pm

Im afraid you are the one talking bullshit .......pal

He most definitely in an interview mentioned (within a sentence) the unfortunate slip "that cost us the game" .

He publicly said otherwise later.

He couldn't accept the blame for his naive tactics which co incidentally Stevie mentioned in his book.
      He said that Rodgers played the game all wrong.

What I will put on Rodgers is that unlike mature professional managers .... when anything went wrong he had to protect his own fragile ego by blaming others .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #38437: May 28, 2016 01:53:22 pm

He most definitely in an interview mentioned (within a sentence) the unfortunate slip "that cost us the game" .

What I will put on Rodgers is that unlike mature professional managers .... when anything went wrong he had to protect his own fragile ego by blaming others .

He did mate, the list was very long by the time he left.

One of the lowest points was blaming the kids after a cup exit. It took him a few days later to finally accept responsibility. So on reflection he knew the correct stance but occasionally, in the heat of the moment, I think he allowed the facade to slip and it was one of the reasons I couldn't warm to him. A manager protects his players in public unless left with no other option, just look at Kenny with Suarez, the media are always reaching for a new knife, don't sharpen it for them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #38438: May 28, 2016 01:59:44 pm
      Never warmed to him from the off to be honest especially the way he pulled Sterling over for the cameras...

But hey oh! he gone & we got ourselves Klopp  :D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #38439: May 28, 2016 02:45:13 pm

He couldn't accept the blame for his naive tactics which co incidentally Stevie mentioned in his book.

No! I'm not talking bullshit. He only said that the title was lost in the Chelsea game, but you on the other hand twisted it to suit your own arguement otherwise.

Okay to criticize the man but blaming sh*t like this is completely wrong.

Never gave him the coaching role?

F***ing hell, even Klopp would never give him the coaching role, why the F**k would Brendan do it?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #38440: May 28, 2016 03:27:41 pm

Mate, he got things wrong but how can we accuse him of naive tactics when those ere the exact same tactics that got us into a challenging position?

Go defensive and structured like a Rafa masterplan? Easier said than done - especially considering our woeful defence at the time, which although Brendan did absolutely nothing to fix, was still in a dire shape prior to his arrival. There's no way we could have that game playing defensive or even counter attack - these players could never absorb pressure to play like that. With Skrtel leading the line, that was never going to come to fruition.

From what I recall, that game was horrific luck - I cannot bear to remember how gutted I was for everyone involved, mainly because I don't think there was ever any culprit to it.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #38441: May 28, 2016 03:32:03 pm
      No! I'm not talking bullshit. He only said that the title was lost in the Chelsea game, but you on the other hand twisted it to suit your own arguement otherwise.

Okay to criticize the man but blaming sh*t like this is completely wrong.

F***ing hell, even Klopp would never give him the coaching role, why the f**k would Brendan do it?

I wouldn't want Stevie G anywhere near a coaching role at present. To suggest he deserves it undermines the importance of coaches to game plans. Gerrard would offer absolutely nothing - certainly not over smart and shrewd guys like Buvac and Krawietz. You know the old saying - behind every great man there's a greater woman, or words to that effect. Well behind every great manager is a great coaching team.

As Jürgen said, 'I can't do it all' and thus he gets tactical advice or coaching expertise from the likes of Bucvac and Krawietz, just in the way that Ferguson got coaching expertise from Queiroz for example. I can't ever imagine Gerrard ever having the intelligence to offer rational and enlightening advice - certainly not after his hatchet job on Rafa in his autobiography.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #38442: May 28, 2016 03:34:02 pm
      Never warmed to him from the off to be honest especially the way he pulled Sterling over for the cameras...

But hey oh! he gone & we got ourselves Klopp  :D

Sterling deserved to get it in the neck - television cameras or not, he needed to be dealt with.

Subsequent events - especially last summer - prove what an irritable little sh*t he was. Brendan was well within his rights.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38443: May 28, 2016 03:48:00 pm

One of the lowest points was blaming the kids after a cup exit. It took him a few days later to finally accept responsibility. So on reflection he knew the correct stance but occasionally, in the heat of the moment, I think he allowed the facade to slip and it was one of the reasons I couldn't warm to him. A manager protects his players in public unless left with no other option, just look at Kenny with Suarez, the media are always reaching for a new knife, don't sharpen it for them.

Thanks mate .
      Thats all true .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38444: May 28, 2016 11:28:20 pm
      I wouldn't want Stevie G anywhere near a coaching role at present. To suggest he deserves it undermines the importance of coaches to game plans. Gerrard would offer absolutely nothing -

As Gerrard said; it was to do his coaching badges and essentially learn his trade as a coach. Nothing wrong with that, not like he would be assistant manager or anything like that muppet Giggs.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38445: May 29, 2016 11:32:28 am

Where did I say " coaching role" in my post.?
      You're making it up as you go along lad.

Read my post again ....

... instead of keeping him on the staff at Melwood

Keeping Stevie on board as a Liverpool FC employee as say an ambassador as Carra  God and Rushie do.

Liverpool DNA.

No.

Stevie is an alpha.
      That was just way too threatening for Rodger's little world.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2016 06:59:16 pm by eurored »
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #38446: May 29, 2016 06:13:43 pm
      Where did I say " coaching role" in my post.
      Your making it up as you go along lad.

Read my post again ....

Keeping Stevie on board as a Liverpool FC employee as say an ambassador as Carra  God and Rushie do.

Liverpool DNA.

No.

Stevie is an alpha. That was just too threatening for Rodger's little world.
      Making up stuff? I know very well what you meant. Staff is usually referred to Coaching staff unless you try to spin it to suit your own arguement (again).

How many more ambassadors do you want? I think the number of ambassadors we already have is probably more than sufficient to show the Liverpool DNA.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38447: May 29, 2016 06:56:22 pm
      Making up stuff? I know very well what you meant. Staff is usually referred to Coaching staff unless you try to spin it to suit your own arguement (again).

How many more ambassadors do you want? I think the number of ambassadors we already have is probably more than sufficient to show the Liverpool DNA.

You're a laugh a minute.

;D

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #38448: May 29, 2016 09:18:25 pm

he did blame the Stevie for the slip and he did it in a very sneaky underhand way
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38449: May 29, 2016 10:52:55 pm

he did blame the Stevie for the slip and he did it in a very sneaky underhand way

Well this settles it lads. Utterly comprehensive.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #38450: May 29, 2016 11:17:55 pm
      Was reading the figures before for players salaries up in the Scottish Premier League.

Celtic players average £17k a week and then the next highest was either Aberdeen at £2.5k a week.  Celtic's wage bill is MORE than the other 11 clubs in the entire league put together!

And they say that Barcelona and Madrid have a massive advantage in La Liga?

What is the point in the Scottish league if it is so badly skewed in favour of one club.  I can't think of another league in the world were one club pays out more than the rest of the teams in the division combined?

when did it all go wrong for the SPL. It is totally irrelevant now
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #38451: Jun 05, 2016 05:42:26 pm
      I genuinely think him going to Celtic is a waste of everyone's time to be honest. All he's going to do is pad his record up there. It's a walkover league, Rangers are going to be a few steps off the pace seeing as they just came up. He's proven here, with better resources at his disposal, that he isn't up to the task in Europe. So I don't think he's going to improve the club in that regard. From a professional standpoint I just don't see an upside to this.

Obviously there wasn't interest from Premier League clubs (hence why he went to Glasgow) but I don't see how winning a few titles in that piss poor league will make him a more attractive proposition, it certainly didn't work for Neil Lennon. If he fails to win the SPL then he will be branded a failure and in a career where he failed at Reading, Watford, ultimately failed at Liverpool and was only really successful at Swansea I don't think he can afford to walk around with another F on his record.

Personally I get that he's a Celtic fan apparently, isn't everyone a Celtic fan when they join the club though? Our old mate Robbie Keane can attest to that. I hope he enjoys himself but if I were him I would have looked at one of the stronger Championship clubs like Derby (wealthy owner for that level, good support, already play some pretty football) and tried to rebuild my career from there.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38452: Jun 05, 2016 05:50:25 pm
      Best of luck to him, success or failure you'll not see me in here lording over him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38453: Jun 05, 2016 08:09:47 pm
      All those who like the personal digs on BR can rest in the knowledge that they are on the same side as this Manure shithead:
      http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/roy-keane-is-not-a-fan-of-coaches-with-a-nice-tan-and-really-white-teeth-34773737.html
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #38454: Jun 05, 2016 09:14:06 pm
      All those who like the personal digs on BR can rest in the knowledge that they are on the same side as this Manure shithead:
      http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/roy-keane-is-not-a-fan-of-coaches-with-a-nice-tan-and-really-white-teeth-34773737.html

Really, quoting stuff from the shitrag...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #38455: Jun 05, 2016 09:25:39 pm
      I genuinely think him going to Celtic is a waste of everyone's time to be honest. All he's going to do is pad his record up there. It's a walkover league, Rangers are going to be a few steps off the pace seeing as they just came up. He's proven here, with better resources at his disposal, that he isn't up to the task in Europe. So I don't think he's going to improve the club in that regard. From a professional standpoint I just don't see an upside to this.

Obviously there wasn't interest from Premier League clubs (hence why he went to Glasgow) but I don't see how winning a few titles in that piss poor league will make him a more attractive proposition, it certainly didn't work for Neil Lennon. If he fails to win the SPL then he will be branded a failure and in a career where he failed at Reading, Watford, ultimately failed at Liverpool and was only really successful at Swansea I don't think he can afford to walk around with another F on his record.

Personally I get that he's a Celtic fan apparently, isn't everyone a Celtic fan when they join the club though? Our old mate Robbie Keane can attest to that. I hope he enjoys himself but if I were him I would have looked at one of the stronger Championship clubs like Derby (wealthy owner for that level, good support, already play some pretty football) and tried to rebuild my career from there.

Well, Celtic has a great history and culture attached to it. It was revered as having one of the greatest youth academies British football has ever seen, and the achievement of the 1967 European Cup is exceptional in the fact that the starting XI were all within a 15 mile radius of Glasgow. The SPL is primarily sh*te because it's two leading clubs hired sh*te managers. Neil Lennon is a complete fud with archaic methods - as seen with his disastrous tenure at Bolton, and Rangers, before Mark Warburton, were a succession of shocking managers. Ronny Deila - bless him - did his best but lack the tactical management perhaps, so now with Warburton in charge of Rangers and Rodgers at Celtic, the Old Firm can set the agenda once again in Scottish football and help progress it. Because make no mistake, these managers do offer great potential. We know Rodgers work at Swansea, and Warburton's top work at Brentford - clubs that punched above their weight despite fiercer financial competitors. Likewise at the Old Firm, these managers can do the same I believe.

There's great romance attached to the club, like our own - the fans demand free flowing attacking football like their past greats. No doubt it's a weak league, but Celtic have untapped potential. They are a big club and the youth academy is just bearing some fruit at the minute, and Rodgers would like to revamp that so it once again produces top talent. The plan to also get them as a Champions League team is a high ambition also. The SPL can move up the coefficients once again, and there's optimism it can do that - what with clubs like Aberdeen and Hearts looking inward for solutions as opposed to the transfer market. Their youth academies are also being reinvested with up to date methods, a far cry from the archaic long ball neanderthals who are hopefully a dying breed in the Scottish game.

It's definitely a project that any manager can get their teeth stuck into.

Quick Reply