Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047404 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: Re: The next Liverpool FC manager?
      Reply #92: May 30, 2012 05:04:53 pm
      The people who are upset over this are just worried what their glory hunting mates who follow Utd, City etc are saying, is the stick too much for ya to bare you poor thing?, get the F**k over it.

F**k them support your club and back the man.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #93: May 30, 2012 05:04:59 pm
      Could it be that Brendan was FSG's first choice after all?

I say this as he was apparently approached a while ago but turned down the interview saying that his record should speak for itself.

I said at the time I admired his belief in his own ability that he thinks he shouldn't have to got through an interview process with others and it could be that they went ahead with Martinez as back up knowing full well they really wanted Rodgers.
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #94: May 30, 2012 05:05:20 pm
      Well if the rumours that the BBC are saying that Brendan Rodgers has signed a 3 year deal are true I for one welcome him, I still would have prefered Kenny to have had another year but that's not going to happen.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #95: May 30, 2012 05:05:43 pm
      Rodgers will meet Huw Jenkins today to tell him he is quitting Swansea City to join Liverpool. -- That's probably why we aren't announcing it yet.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #96: May 30, 2012 05:05:54 pm
      Thats what im on about chats as the meeting took place in london today,we have just appointed a Communications Director in Jen Chang yet no word not even a tweet,call me cynical but until its official from the club im still backing my man as alate runner.

Just wouldn't recommend putting any money on him at this stage.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #97: May 30, 2012 05:06:13 pm
      Question:

I wonder if Swansea would accept Stewart Downing as compensation?

Probably not.

:lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #98: May 30, 2012 05:07:02 pm
      Thats what im on about chats as the meeting took place in london today,we have just appointed a Communications Director in Jen Chang yet no word not even a tweet,call me cynical but until its official from the club im still backing my man as alate runner.

Chang doesn't start work until next month mate.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #99: May 30, 2012 05:07:16 pm
      Thats what im on about chats as the meeting took place in london today,we have just appointed a Communications Director in Jen Chang yet no word not even a tweet,call me cynical but until its official from the club im still backing my man as a late runner

Jen Chang doesn't start his new job until June 11th.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #100: May 30, 2012 05:07:40 pm
      I'm feeling nothing at the moment it's weird.

I'll take the positives out of this:

Only Barca 88.5%, Bayern 86.3% & Man City 85.9% had a better pass success rate in the top 5 leagues this season than Swansea 85.7%.

That's with a totally a inferior squad than the clubs mentioned.

We've got to try and be excited by this I think - it's the only way.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #101: May 30, 2012 05:08:18 pm
      Manager Brendan Rodgers.

Director of Football Rafa Benitez.

Technical Director Pep Segura.

Is how i see it, Rafa being the fail safe.
      That definitely won't be happening. Rafa coming back would be a nightmare for Rodgers, a few bad results and the crowd will chant Rafas name, much like what happened with Woy.

We could of done a lot worse then Brendan Rodgers, however it's a HUGE gamble on our part, lets hope it pays off.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #102: May 30, 2012 05:08:54 pm
      Sky are still saying there have only been meetings going on.

This is the only thing that has me doubting now. Usually these Leaches latch on to every piece of info they can get and slap SKY SOURCES onto it. Strange?
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #103: May 30, 2012 05:10:11 pm
      Manager Brendan Rodgers.

Director of Football Rafa Benitez.

Technical Director Pep Segura.

Is how i see it, Rafa being the fail safe.

How can you see the structure of the club when nothing has been said? Role variation and the titles 'Director of Football, Sporting Director, Technical Director' are all made up, changed and changed again by forums and Journos the past 2 weeks!

I can't see Rafa Benitez ever accepting a role with even 1mm less control than he held previously.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #104: May 30, 2012 05:10:46 pm
      This is the only thing that has me doubting now. Usually these Leaches latch on to every piece of info they can get and slap SKY SOURCES onto it. Strange?

They obviously got beat to the punch so it would be useless for them to act as if they broke it first.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #105: May 30, 2012 05:10:54 pm

Only Barca 88.5%, Bayern 86.3% & Man City 85.9% had a better pass success rate in the top 5 leagues this season than Swansea 85.7%.

That's another nice fact I did not know. Thanks for posting.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #106: May 30, 2012 05:11:20 pm
      Well its on the BBC so I believe it.

Good luck Brenden.  If you get us to play pass and move football as you did at Swansea and turn all the chances we created last season into goals this season then you'll do for me.

Mind you your dad Roy was a bit of a cowboy and your brother Ted thought he was a comedian but I won't hold that against you.  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #107: May 30, 2012 05:11:27 pm
      Congratulations to the 2.3% of you who wanted him. ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #108: May 30, 2012 05:11:43 pm
      Not Lucas Leiva @NotLucasLeiva21

Somewhere, in a Blundellsands mansion, a Bootle-born defender is practicing his short passing. Just 9 footballs in next door's garden so far

:lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #109: May 30, 2012 05:12:00 pm

Not trying to be a killjoy here, but it's what you do with possession that counts, not how much you have.
      Still, with better players and more funding I think this can work and work well.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #110: May 30, 2012 05:12:20 pm

denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance

Only 4 stages to go now mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #111: May 30, 2012 05:12:38 pm
      Liverpool news
      Reds closing in on Rodgers - reports
      May 30, 2012
      By ESPN staff

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is poised to be announced as the new Liverpool boss, according to reports.

• Reds to reveal new manager on Friday

The BBC claim Rodgers, 39, will agree a three-year contract at Anfield, with Liverpool handing between £4 million and £5 million in compensation to Swansea.

Liverpool are on the hunt for a new head coach after they sacked Kenny Dalglish at the end of the 2011-12 season following poor home form in the Premier League.

A host of managers have been linked with the vacant post, with Wigan's Roberto Martinez recently thought to be the favourite for the role after holding talks with the club's owners FSG. It is suggested that Martinez was unwilling to work under Liverpool's proposed structure of a series of sporting directors, as the Spaniard wanted a far greater level of control over team matters and beyond.

Swansea's Rodgers has now emerged as the leading contender, and reports claim a compensation deal with his current side is being worked on ahead of an appointment in the next 48 hours.

Rodgers took over at Swansea in 2010 and subsequently led the club to the Premier League. His team's passing style of football secured an 11th placed finish this term.

Martinez, meanwhile, is due to meet with Wigan owner Dave Whelan in Guernsey on Wednesday after his flight got delayed. He is now heavily linked with the Aston Villa vacancy, for which Paul Lambert had previously been favourite but Whelan says he has received "no contact" from anyone at Villa.

Don't know about your media outlets but ESPN typically won't run something unless they are close to 100% sure that their sources are correct.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #112: May 30, 2012 05:13:27 pm
      Sky latest:

Rodgers has met with owners in London.

He's now in Swansea speaking to Jenkins.

No deal signed, compensation not agreed although apparently a deal is close.

Chance for talks between Swansea and Liverpool at the Premier League meeting tomorrow.
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #113: May 30, 2012 05:13:29 pm
      Reports began circulating late on Wednesday afternoon that a three-year deal had been agreed but sources at Liverpool told Press Association Sport this was "categorically untrue".

It seems inevitable, however, that the Northern Irishman will be installed at Anfield and most likely before the weekend.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/national/sport/9735827.Liverpool_closing_on_Rodgers/

So it looks like either way we still have to wait until FSG reveal all on Friday as they have said.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #114: May 30, 2012 05:14:05 pm
      Liverpool news
      Reds closing in on Rodgers - reports
      May 30, 2012
      By ESPN staff

Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is poised to be announced as the new Liverpool boss, according to reports.

• Reds to reveal new manager on Friday

The BBC claim Rodgers, 39, will agree a three-year contract at Anfield, with Liverpool handing between £4 million and £5 million in compensation to Swansea.

Liverpool are on the hunt for a new head coach after they sacked Kenny Dalglish at the end of the 2011-12 season following poor home form in the Premier League.

A host of managers have been linked with the vacant post, with Wigan's Roberto Martinez recently thought to be the favourite for the role after holding talks with the club's owners FSG. It is suggested that Martinez was unwilling to work under Liverpool's proposed structure of a series of sporting directors, as the Spaniard wanted a far greater level of control over team matters and beyond.

Swansea's Rodgers has now emerged as the leading contender, and reports claim a compensation deal with his current side is being worked on ahead of an appointment in the next 48 hours.

Rodgers took over at Swansea in 2010 and subsequently led the club to the Premier League. His team's passing style of football secured an 11th placed finish this term.

Martinez, meanwhile, is due to meet with Wigan owner Dave Whelan in Guernsey on Wednesday after his flight got delayed. He is now heavily linked with the Aston Villa vacancy, for which Paul Lambert had previously been favourite but Whelan says he has received "no contact" from anyone at Villa.

Don't know about your media outlets but ESPN typically won't run something unless they are close to 100% sure that their sources are correct.

Neither will the BBC.

Quick Reply